Link | Quote | Reply

OK :(
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-02-10 10:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So I hear PUP does well in Dynamis? Seems I might have to regear it and annoy people who hate pet classes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Pyroelf
By Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf 2012-02-10 10:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
02-02-2012 04:25 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Treasure Hunter Effect Amongst Jobs

We started to look into fixing thief so their Treasure Hunter is actually useful however, we realized who we were and said LOL THF and nerfed Beastmaster instead. All is right in Vana'diel.

ftfy
[+]
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2012-02-10 10:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Go ahead and keep playing pet classes. I'll just keep taking the procced mobs when they go white because you're too greedy to have only 1 mob
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2012-02-10 10:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That would only work on idiots lol :3
 Bismarck.Markas
Server: Bismarck
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-10 11:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
So SMN would get TH?
smn can already get TH
unless it doesnt mean what i think it means
 Lakshmi.Rearden
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-02-10 11:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
So I hear PUP does well in Dynamis? Seems I might have to regear it and annoy people who hate pet classes.
Gonna follow you and make your life into poop
 Phoenix.Bomber
Server: Phoenix
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-02-10 11:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf said: »
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

We started to look into fixing thief so their Treasure Hunter is actually useful however, we realized who we were and said LOL THF and nerfed Beastmaster instead. All is right in Vana'diel.

ftfy
Is this for real...
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2012-02-10 11:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-02-10 13:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Bomber said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf said: »
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

ftfy
Is this for real...

That's what you get as a finished product when you google translate the Jp dev responses.
 Phoenix.Esaias
user: Esaias
By Phoenix.Esaias 2012-02-10 14:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear SE,
We love nerfs, so let's not stop at just TH. randomize all procs or do away with them. Make TH not effect currency, and most of all require subjob lock on all zones. Let's make dyna everyone's second home. ^^
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-10 14:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Esaias said: »
Dear SE,
We love nerfs, so let's not stop at just TH. randomize all procs or do away with them. Make TH not effect currency, and most of all require subjob lock on all zones. Let's make dyna everyone's second home. ^^
 Phoenix.Esaias
user: Esaias
By Phoenix.Esaias 2012-02-10 14:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Markas said: »
Phoenix.Esaias said: »
Dear SE,
SCORE!
By Ericnuke 2012-02-10 16:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So, where does ranger come in with TH? I mean at least bsts TH in valid in that it comes from the pet and not the master. Wouldn't corsair have some TH since they are a pirate? Or while at it give TH to every job, not like it works anyway. I suppose TH on pets was too much since it was the one thing that actually worked for TH. It will be refreshing to see all the pearlefarminglolbst gone!
By mortontony1 2012-02-10 16:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get why a ranger gets higher TH than a thf type familiar mob and I never will.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2012-02-10 16:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ericnuke said: »
So, where does ranger come in with TH? I mean at least bsts TH in valid in that it comes from the pet and not the master. Wouldn't corsair have some TH since they are a pirate? Or while at it give TH to every job, not like it works anyway. I suppose TH on pets was too much since it was the one thing that actually worked for TH. It will be refreshing to see all the pearlefarminglolbst gone!
Doubt the BSTs will leave even if nerfed to TH1. BST rapes old content and is hardly ever at risk of dying, even with 10 adds.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-02-10 16:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bounty Shot was supposed to be a COR JA but since SE was too lazy to come up with something relevant to RNG so they gave it to RNG instead.

Or at least this is what I tell myself.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-10 16:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG is my favorite job, but I will never understand the reasoning behind bounty shot. It's one of the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE job abilities in the game, not because it's useless, but because it makes no sense why a ranger (out of all the jobs) should have TH.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Redpheonix
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Redpheonix 2012-02-10 17:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranger's are hunter gather types maybe so it would make sense to me that they have some way to salvage more from a monster they killed just becasue it is primarily a Thief trait does not mean you have to think of treasure hunter as being justified to only jobs that match that criteria of being a Thief.

Also it's not useless as it serves a purpose assuming you don't have a Thief it is better than nothing and another reason to bring a Ranger along in addition to its widescan ability when after certain NM's or old content.
 Fenrir.Kaomii
Server: Fenrir
user: Kaomii
By Fenrir.Kaomii 2012-02-11 04:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember the Treasure Hunter rumors from years ago? Like having a 4-leaf mandragora bud, lucky egg, rabbit's tail, and Millionaire's desk somehow helped the player find items easier? I remember there was a short period of time where players thought finishing the monster (ie Fafnir) off with Eagle Eye Shot somehow resulted in better drops. I can't recall when the theory went away... maybe around the time distance penalties were introduced.

Anyway, I've always thought Bounty Shot was more of a nod to that, like finding Refresh scrolls off Taisai.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11