user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-02 16:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

02-02-2012 04:25 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Treasure Hunter Effect Amongst Jobs

As an adjustment to the balance of Treasure Hunter at level 99, the below pets will have their Treasure Hunter effect changed to Treasure Hunter I.

-Dipper Yuly
-Faithful Falcorr
※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.

Here is the premise regarding the hierarchy of the Treasure Hunter effect (from strongest to weakest).

1. Thief

2. Ranger

3. Support job thief

4. Other jobs

※As ranger received the new “Bounty Shot” as a support ability, it is now slightly more beneficial than a support job Treasure Hunter when effectively used.

However, with the increase in the level cap from 75 to 99, this ordering has started to become ambiguous, so in order to clearly define the premise again, our current aim was to find adjustments appropriate to follow this.

The prime example of changes to this hierarchy were with the increase in the Treasure Hunter effect for familiar pets due to the level cap increase and we would like to start by adjusting this area.

The development team looked into routes to adjust this, such as changing the pet’s job, lowering the stats of the pets in exchange for not lowering the Treasure Hunter effect, revamping the pet’s special abilities, etc., but ultimately they made the decision to preserve their fighting capabilities and only reduce their Treasure Hunter effect. To go along with this adjustment, we will be easing up on the materials required to synthesize “Lucky Broth” which created with the basis of the Treasure Hunter effect in mind.
※The current focus of this adjustment is for familiar pets, but in the future if automatons and avatars are given Treasure Hunter, we will be adopting the same policy.

To give a bit more insight, the development team looked into a completely different direction on this at first, exploring if they could establish proper balance to follow this idea by changing the drop rate table. However, if they were to change the drop rates, the obtainment rate for every single item would change and the effects would be too drastic, so they came to the conclusion that they would not be adjusting the drop rates.
Subscribe

02-07-2012 04:50 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

Since we have seen some comments related to Dynamis for this discussion about the effect of Treasure Hunter amongst jobs, first I would like to respond to this.

The aforementioned adjustment is not geared towards specific content, as jobs adjustments are considered to have large effects on everything. Regardless of the existing content, we are considering the case of adding new content in the future and decided it was necessary to re-examine the guidelines and make adjustments.

Continuing on, here are some comments in regards to some feedback we have received.

Faithful Falcorr
Since this is a thief-type pet, many of you were hoping for a strong Treasure Hunter effect and we apologize deeply for lowering the effect. We will be looking into adjustments for Falcorr so that this pet can be utilized differently than Yuly and increase the amount of time it is called for, in addition to the previously mentioned recipe changes.

Selection between battle capability of pets/Treasure Hunter
This was an exploration of where the beastmaster job has been placed; a job that focuses on fighting alongside a pet, or a job that focuses on Treasure Hunter. We felt that the former was much more fitting and believe that you all feel the same. Based on this decision, we began to look into adjustments of the benefits of Treasure Hunter. Of course, this doesn’t mean that Treasure Hunter is impermissible as a means of support for pets, and the effect itself will remain intact.

Exploration of attack aspects
Finally, the current focus of this adjustment was Treasure Hunter and adjustments to attack aspects is a different thing to look into. The equation isn’t as simple as saying if a pet has a high value of TH, then attack power will not be raised, and we will be continuing to make necessary adjustments while making the most of each job’s strengths.
Subscribe
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-02 16:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

oh lol se...
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-02-02 16:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

incoming BST shitstorm
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2012-02-02 16:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” :O
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-02 16:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Might clear out the Perle BSTs, but anybody with decent gear will likely have no trouble obtaining at least one pet: TH item once they're implemented.

/shrug. Maybe it'll clear out Dynamis a bit, but not much of an impact overall.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-02-02 16:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Might clear out the Perle BSTs, but anybody with decent gear will likely have no trouble obtaining at least one pet: TH item once they're implemented. /shrug. Maybe it'll clear out Dynamis a bit, but not much of an impact overall.

do they exist? this is the first I've seen
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-02-02 16:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Treasure Hunter attachment? Yes please! :O
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-02-02 16:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Might clear out the Perle BSTs, but anybody with decent gear will likely have no trouble obtaining at least one pet: TH item once they're implemented. /shrug. Maybe it'll clear out Dynamis a bit, but not much of an impact overall.

"These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger."

I think theyre adding it in
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-02-02 16:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said: »

"These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger."

So wtf is the point of taking it away just to give it back in gear?
[+]
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-02-02 16:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Treasure Hunter attachment? Yes please! :O
whouldnt like an attatchment lol whould be to lazy to kee X manuver up lol whould like a thf frame tho!
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2012-02-02 16:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »

So they can give it back in gear. Good heavens you get tier III and possible TH+ gear.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-02-02 16:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was waiting for the word balance to be thrown in there and there it was towards the bottom.

Balance.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-02-02 16:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cathaldus said: »

So they can give it back in gear. Good heavens you get tier III and possible TH+ gear.

Or just leave the gear out and its the same, if this is true it make no sense, just pick 1 or the other if its just going to end up the same.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-02 17:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

clear out the Perle BSTs
^

And maybe to *** with your inventory a little more.
[+]
By mortontony1 2012-02-02 17:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully it will be the same as THF TH gear, only need it on at engagement. Or better yet only needed when you use call beast, then beast has whatever level of TH gear you're using. Unlikely but still.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-02 17:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cathaldus said: »

Or just leave the gear out and its the same, if this is true it make no sense, just pick 1 or the other if its just going to end up the same.
Why give us weapon skills if we have to use gear to enhance it?

Is basically what I get from the argument. Not that I'm against you all, it's quite silly to inconvenient players so they have to work to get their TH up, but I see the need for it personally. Why should you be able to pull out a pet to take all your hits for you and do the majority of your damage, if not all of it, while also giving you TH2 (or w/e it was)? Seems quite unbalanced, and having the jugs be cheaper now will work great for players on small budgets.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-02 17:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Will probably be a weeapon with crappy DD slots.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-02-02 17:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Why give us weapon skills if we have to use gear to enhance it?

Is basically what I get from the argument. Not that I'm against you all, it's quite silly to inconvenient players so they have to work to get their TH up, but I see the need for it personally. Why should you be able to pull out a pet to take all your hits for you and do the majority of your damage, if not all of it, while also giving you TH2 (or w/e it was)? Seems quite unbalanced, and having the jugs be cheaper now will work great for players on small budgets.

Thats the point of bst, solo and ur pet dose most of the work. TH was the least we could have since se forced us to only use jugs now.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-02 17:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it isn't bad though Zanga, you're going to get gear to enhance it now, possibly even more powerful than what it was before.

The only thing is they are making players earn the gear to reach that goal, and when players do it will only work in your favor even more.

That's what I get from the post anyways, and I'm not a bst really. I think a huge part of the game is earning gear an customizing your sets to enhance the job even more.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-02 17:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

requesting lock for topic, didn't realize there was a topic made already for this.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-02-02 17:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Kalilla and I welcome this change.

Then again I'm biased since I just finished my Aegis. Nonetheless, won't hear me complaining when you have to go the extra mile to make your job better.
By Greever 2012-02-02 17:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Hopefully it will be the same as THF TH gear, only need it on at engagement. Or better yet only needed when you use call beast, then beast has whatever level of TH gear you're using. Unlikely but still.

i wonder if said th+ gear would work on any pet. so if a pet has no th at all, using call bst with th+ gear will give it atleast th1 base.
 Phoenix.Midsummernight
user: Taruchan
By Phoenix.Midsummernight 2012-02-02 17:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
To go along with this adjustment, we will be easing up on the materials required to synthesize “Lucky Broth” created with the basis of the Treasure Hunter effect in mind.

I...don't understand this. Hippo jug was added, what, less than two months ago? BST ability to solo in dyna was well-established even at 95 cap, aka using Yuli. Not sure why they added another TH jug and then proceed to nerf it on the following update. I don't like where this is going.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-02 17:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz is afk, but please post in the topic created this morning:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/28469/bad-news-bst/5

I've requested this to be nuked/locked. Thanks!
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-02-02 17:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

TH needs to just be done a way with, its the one thing that has held THF back.

Instead of giving the job trickster and rougish abilties or doing the rudimentary step of adding neat debuff bolts to the job, TH is proclaimed as a reason to give the job nothing.

The best thing about the job is passive and auto attacking, its like a Monk that does crap damage.

TH should just go then they could add neat things to THF like + damage traits, tactical evasion, and new abilities that lower a targets def, atk power etc, or more hate manipulation.

Bully was cool, I'd like to see more stuff like that.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-02 18:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

well guess we use this thread now =/.

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
You're making some pretty heavy assumptions about the accessibility of future pet TH there.

I can only go by what theyre doing now. All bst pets have the job traits but this is the only one to get nerfed. How is a 99 THF pet with TH1 balanced?

How was a LV99 THF pet with all the TH a THF, almost 4x the HP of a normal player, that fights at the command of a player that's actually capable of doing a moderate amount of damage, balanced?

Last i checked THF can get at least TH10 which is greater then TH3 and for those who dont know BST is a SOLO job, we've always relied on pets for most things.

doesnt mean that you need TH.. sub thf and whack the mob... also smn and pup are solo jobs with pets. but they dont get TH atm. so stop complaining. you still have it. just atm less potent.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-02 18:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry Byrth, <Please forgive me>

*gives panda treats* :(
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-02-02 18:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »

Instead of giving the job trickster and rougish abilties or doing the rudimentary step of adding neat debuff bolts to the job, TH is proclaimed as a reason to give the job nothing.

The best thing about the job is passive and auto attacking, its like a Monk that does crap damage.

TH should just go then they could add neat things to THF like + damage traits, tactical evasion, and new abilities that lower a targets def, atk power etc, or more hate manipulation.

If they removed TH, no one would bring a THF to anything...ever.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-02 18:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »

Then your playing THF wrong. it does great dmg. just not so great in VW.
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11