Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST: Ruinator
BST: Ruinator
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2012-02-07 17:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got to take BST/NIN out again to VW. Doing Pil atm. Unbuffed, Ruinator is hitting 2k easily. I get the odd 2.4k hit in, but fully buffed, I'm averaging 2.8k. My highest spikes were 3.1k and 3.3k. I have the screenshots saved, and will upload if anyone thinks I'm BSing.

I approve. Sadly, I'm not being parsed, but right now a few Ukon WARs are feeling silly. Good enough for me. :) If I can somehow manage to take BST to something like Ig Alima, it would do better for comparison.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-07 17:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

phunky said: »
What do you guys think

Vulcan's pearl

vs

centaurus earring

4 str vs 10 atk?
Vulcan's, easily.
 Shiva.Ashmulder
Server: Shiva
user: AshMulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2012-02-09 01:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Ragnarok.Crunkie said: »
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Ragnarok.Crunkie said: »
Thanks for some words, looks like I'll have to be throwing down 5mil for a BST WS piece. But I do thoroughly enjoy playing the job. As far as I've read on BG and here, for all the new merit-able weapon skills elemental gorget/belt is the way to go since it gives .1 fTP to each hit or some fancy ***like that.(Idk tbh I'm not that hardcore) Also was wondering would moonshade with atk/tp bonus be > cent earring. I don't have WoTG done atm, but plan to here soon. And would a STR ring like Pyrosoul or Strigoi > Raja's. I'm looking for the ideal, full WS damage set.
<<< Hasn't progressed on WOTG since LAST TIME you said you were gonna duo with me D:
Let's do eeeeeet!

I'm doing sandy path atm but I'm more than happy to come back to whatever quest you're on to catch you up faster (although I solo'ed to where I'm at now). I figure as bst/bst or whatever we should be able to get right to the end with minimal effort.

On bst topic:

Do sphere effects affect pets?

im quite curious about if sphere effect works on pet or not?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-02-09 01:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wackatramp said: »
Finally got to take BST/NIN out again to VW. Doing Pil atm. Unbuffed, Ruinator is hitting 2k easily. I get the odd 2.4k hit in, but fully buffed, I'm averaging 2.8k. My highest spikes were 3.1k and 3.3k. I have the screenshots saved, and will upload if anyone thinks I'm BSing.

I approve. Sadly, I'm not being parsed, but right now a few Ukon WARs are feeling silly. Good enough for me. :) If I can somehow manage to take BST to something like Ig Alima, it would do better for comparison.

I guess it might be worth pointing out that WAR is capable of using Ruinator too.o. well, or that any Ukon WAR jealous of a 2k WS doesn't deserve the weapon. xD

Also, a 99 STR/Atk Axe is better (in every way except Reward) than a level 90 Farsha. It has 1 more STR and 22 more Attack, but everything else the same. I intend to go STR/ATK + DA Axe so I can use it both on BST and WAR.
By Xilk 2012-02-09 12:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I guess it might be worth pointing out that WAR is capable of using Ruinator too.o. well, or that any Ukon WAR jealous of a 2k WS doesn't deserve the weapon. xD

Also, a 99 STR/Atk Axe is better (in every way except Reward) than a level 90 Farsha. It has 1 more STR and 22 more Attack, but everything else the same. I intend to go STR/ATK + DA Axe so I can use it both on BST and WAR.

my str axe is stuck at 90 cuz I can't get flame geodes!! (really they disappear too fast from ah even though prices are high!)

should finally upgrade by da axe to ganelon today.. only need 25 riftsand... but its a good way to go.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2012-02-09 12:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Indeed WAR can. I don't have Ukon myself. Ruinator is the route I'll be taking. Although, a DA offhand axe for WAR, seems a bit much. Maybe something along the lines of Ridill instead? Not sure, different thread anyways.

All I can say right now is I hate Panzer Perceval so much....
By Patters53 2012-02-09 12:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Screenshots please, not just one.
By Xilk 2012-02-09 16:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed WAR can. I don't have Ukon myself. Ruinator is the route I'll be taking. Although, a DA offhand axe for WAR, seems a bit much. Maybe something along the lines of Ridill instead? Not sure, different thread anyways.

All I can say right now is I hate Panzer Perceval so much....

There are 2 points to the DA axe for Ruinator which offhand Ridill would not account for at all.
First, it (78 Damage) actually has higher damage than the level 99 Astolfo (74 damage). So it probably would be the main hand, not offhand.

Second, 11% double attack on Ganelon is going to improve the multihit for Ruinator (whether its mainhand or offhand). I'm pretty sure Ridill will not affect it. So the only point to Ridill is tp building, while the DA Ganelon has alot more going for it.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2012-02-09 20:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Patters53 said: »
Screenshots please, not just one.

Sorry. These came off my iPhone. Its not exactly a compilation of a few runs either. It was a one run where i was allowed to go BST. Id like to do things like Ig or Ocy, but yeah, the BST situation is worse now due to dyna. Even asking to go BST in a shout is LOL:/

Im happy with these though. And i didnt realize the final DA axe was higher bast damage. Id like to run on BST again once i finish that axe with new numbers.
By Xilk 2012-02-10 14:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm now I'm wondering if you get more str in your ruinator build than I do...

I'm always wondering if i want more str vs my multihit...
I've not much work into fine tuning my ruinator set, but you are a bit higher in your averages. I would say i probably average 2200 on ruinators.
I hit 3k's but I've not fought Pil... I don't really know what his def is like. I know I've done over 2k on VT mobs...

anyway the tradeoff's I'm seeing (mostly from existing equipment between potentially new equipment) is STR vs mutlihit.
kinda like the DA vs STR Astolfo axes but values will be quite different.

Here is what I have. I"m wondering which pieces to switch for STR. any thoughts?
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2012-02-10 14:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Xilk said: »
Here is what I have. I"m wondering which pieces to switch for STR. any thoughts?

I dont have the +2 head yet so I can't test myself. +2 emp body and +2 relic head seem like the best option for fighting something that you have killer effects to. "seems." Don't have. Can't test yet. For me:

I use W/killer effects: oto +1 and gausape +2
i use W/o killer effects: oto +1, avant +1.
Budget recommendation: twilight helm, NQ oto. At the very least, gausape +2, avant, twilight body

For body also, a well augmented Adaberk, Tocis Harness, Faz.Radiant mail, would also fit well.

I'd swap rajas for stirgoi and when you get the cash, swap cent. earring for Vulcans pearl (currently the only piece I need to get). Other than that, you could opt for d.sollerets off Pil. 8 STR 16 Att vs 7 STR DA3%. When I do finish my DA axe, I'll have 31% DA with D.sollerets compared to 34% with af2. At that point, I'd stick with sollerets.

Quick edit: I've also tried to see if Cerb Mantle +1 could replace Atheling in some situations. With my DA build right now, I couldn't afford to lose the 3% DA. Later on down the road, we'll see.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-10 18:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Killer effects+5 would be a 2.5% damage bonus with Ferine Gausape +2, stacked additively with your existing bonus. That will not be better than Twilight Helm in uncapped attack situations, nevermind Mekira-oto (+1), and I'd bet it still loses even if you assume attack is capped.
By Xilk 2012-02-10 23:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I used my gausape for ruinator, and gausape + monster helm +2 wins out for PR.
I've just not taken close look at differences for ruinator between killer effect approach vs str/att/acc for body/helm.

I agree on the spiral ring and vulcan's pearl, that's pretty easy. what sticks out in making these comparisons is that you get alot more bonus from STR on ruinator than you do w/ other WS's.

pearl will take some cash.

also, I have killer effects merits... so I would get a solid +10% using gausape & helm.
 Fenrir.Oviraptor
user: Conkers
By Fenrir.Oviraptor 2012-02-10 23:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone have the list that someone posted on what pet could solo what nm? cant find that anywhere swear i had saved it.

THANKS!
 Bahamut.Darkone
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Darkone 2012-02-14 10:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

New top body piece!

Phorcys Korazin
Lvl 99
DEF:70 STR+16 Attack+5%
"Magic Attack Bonus"+7
Increases weapon skill damage
Set: Increases STR, VIT, INT, MND
WAR, PLD, DRK, BST, SAM, DRG
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-14 10:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

good luck with that
By Xilk 2012-02-14 18:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

you just need to get to floor 100 of the new nyzul ilse, kill whatever is up there, hope its the body that drops, and that you outlot the rest of the party.

... good luck, so far getting to 100 is a low stakes game by itself
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-02-14 18:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Darkone said: »
New top body piece!

Phorcys Korazin
Lvl 99
DEF:70 STR+16 Attack+5%
"Magic Attack Bonus"+7
Set: Increases STR, VIT, INT, MND

WTF
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-14 18:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The best part is that this body used to have 15% crit dmg and 15% double attack dmg instead.
By Xilk 2012-02-15 07:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

SE trolling again... they want us to use it for cloudsplitter...
 Bahamut.Darkone
By Bahamut.Darkone 2012-02-15 11:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

well even the +2 is

Rheic Korazin +2
Lvl 99
DEF:69 STR+12 Attack+3%
"Magic Attack Bonus"+3

What will be interesting is the increases weaponskill damage %
By Raborn 2012-02-16 13:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Xilk said: »
SE trolling again... they want us to use it for cloudsplitter...

Just need +43 more and you'll average maybe 2k with it outside of abyssea!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-03-20 16:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Current set. Would Avant +1 > Ogier's? Ferine +2 > Toci? 2nd flame pearl > brutal?

Figured the 3% ws damage and nice attack on Ogier's would win because Ruinator's attack boost. Not so sure about the killer effects beating toci however.
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2012-03-20 16:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering Ruinator is a STR Modded WS @ 100% or w/e at 5/5 Avant would do better i believe.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2012-03-20 16:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Against Fodder and DCs: Avant Cuisses+1, Toci's Harness and Brutal Earring win.

Versus harder mobs, Ogier's Breeches and a second STR earring gain the lead. If you have Killer Effect advantage, such as versus Qilin, Ferine Gausape+2 will beat Toci's with that setup.
 Asura.Niloc
Server: Asura
user: Niloc
By Asura.Niloc 2012-03-20 17:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Darkone said: »
well even the +2 is

Rheic Korazin +2
Lvl 99
DEF:69 STR+12 Attack+3%
"Magic Attack Bonus"+3

What will be interesting is the increases weaponskill damage %

Our group managed to get our hands on a +3 version, and it was +5% damage increase, tested with Spirits Within.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-03-20 17:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for input
 Asura.Akamatzu
Server: Asura
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2012-03-21 20:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current WS setup. I'm like with it. Mekira-oto +1 is in the future.

Wondering if I should use:

Any thoughts? Good bad?
By mortontony1 2012-03-21 21:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

-1 str and DA +3 vs. +1 str and attack +16

W/o parse or anything I would think DA would win over time but for 1-2 WS then attack would win.

Edit: - str and +str are just what made sense to me, I can read obviously, str +7 and +8, just how I worded it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-21 22:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
W/o parse or anything I would think DA would win over time but for 1-2 WS then attack would win.

Go with the Sollerets unless accuracy is an issue or pDIF is capped.