BST: Ruinator
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fenrir.Frobos
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2011-12-24 06:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I absolutely love this WS. Breeze Gorget and Breeze Belt definitely make a huge difference.
[+]
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-12-24 09:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Cerb Mantle +1 beat out Atheling Mantle? 4 STR 15 Att vs 3% DA and 20 Att? I'm assuming Atheling would win, but I was just curious because of the high STR modifier. For those that have the 10-11% DA Magian Offhand axe, it may be an option to consider.
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-12-24 10:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Atheling should still win that one.
 Asura.Ezekial
Server: Asura
user: Ezekial
By Asura.Ezekial 2011-12-26 00:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did a 3287 Ruinator to a Nightmare Eft in Dynamis Bubu.

My WS set is still pretty crappy, and I still need to do a lot of work on my poor BST.

Still have a lot of stuff to do for the set. Axe has 11STR 22ATK

Edit*

Also, why would you use elemental gorgets? Don't they just increase fTP by 0.1, and make it so your Ruinator just has more accuracy?
By darkhorror 2011-12-26 19:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

gorgets/belts add .1 ftp and it work over all hits. So with both you will add 20% damage to your WS if you have both of them. They are needed to put out really good damage with Ruinator. I love this freaking WS, I have managed to break 7k with it.
By Latifah 2011-12-26 19:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

damn i need to skill up axe asap it's only 307 :\
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-12-26 19:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

darkhorror said: »
gorgets/belts add .1 ftp and it work over all hits. So with both you will add 20% damage to your WS if you have both of them. They are needed to put out really good damage with Ruinator. I love this freaking WS, I have managed to break 7k with it.

What did you break 7K on?
By darkhorror 2011-12-26 21:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Buggards, have only broke 7k once, but break 6k somewhat regularly vs abyssea xp mobs with an average of somewhere around 4k.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-26 22:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What? You are badly mistaken. Can't find the damage multiplier on wiki but say it's 1.0 across the board(never seen anything lower), since it's a 4hit weaponskill that .1 multiplier would be added to the 4.0, yielding a 2.5% increase for each used.
By darkhorror 2011-12-26 22:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
What? You are badly mistaken. Can't find the damage multiplier on wiki but say it's 1.0 across the board(never seen anything lower), since it's a 4hit weaponskill that .1 multiplier would be added to the 4.0, yielding a 2.5% increase for each used.

Nope sorry, been tested and the ftp mod on this and a few of the other new weaponskills works across every hit. Plus since most will be using it with DW it will end up with 5 hits. or with gorget and belt makes it a 6.0 ftp
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-26 22:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »

Nope sorry, been tested and the ftp mod on this and a few of the other new weaponskills works across every hit. Plus since most will be using it with DW it will end up with 5 hits. or with gorget and belt makes it a 6.0 ftp
Can you link me? I hope for both of our sakes you're right!
By darkhorror 2011-12-26 22:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

link working now lol
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Ruinator

I tested it myself after getting damage that was a good bit higher than expected. Landing two hits using gorget and belt I ended up doing more damage than should have been possible if it only worked on one hit.

Edit: this is where I posted the quick testing a while ago.
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/104123-Weapon-Skills?p=4946281&viewfull=1#post4946281
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-26 22:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad link but found it!
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-12-26 22:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh? I have this 5/5, and I don't do anywhere near those #'s. So far outside it has yielded decent rampage #'s. Never anything higher than my best rampages. Only thing I used it on in abyssea was some bombs in grauberg I was doing for trials. Never saw anything over 4k using RR/MC/Ducal. Granted that is without ant temps/food. Camate said they were going for "not as high as rampage can spike, but more of a consistent # mirroring a decent rampage." Basically relinquishing high end spikes in trade for fewer low end rampages.

I've yet to observe anything that contradicts that.
By darkhorror 2011-12-26 22:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What gear are you using? Of course you aren't going to get good numbers if you aren't using any good atmas for ruinator, and no food or temps.

Since I am also on Bahamut you can check it out if you want. just look for darkone
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-12-26 22:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

aqua gorget snow belt twilght stuff af3 +2 hands/feet flame/brutal rajas/vulcans atheling farsha/richardet's +3 avant legs

As far as the atmas/food/temps I was trying to get a feel for the WS without anything inflating it aside from gear. Figured it was kinda pointless to go for epeeny #'s inside anyway considering the game has shifted away from abyssea. Only time I am in abyssea really is for empies, and I am on thf 95% of the time for that.

What sort of #'s have you seen outside abyssea, and on what targets?
 Bahamut.Darkone
By Bahamut.Darkone 2011-12-26 23:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside just like anything it's going to depend on what you are fighting and the defense of the target. Like sand lizard or beach bunnies in cape teriggan usually about 2.7k with 14 tp return, and 3.5k with 15tp return.

I haven't got to test vs any high level NM's yet. But I did try beetles the lvl 95+ ones in garlaige Citadel, and was still way ahead of rampage.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-12-26 23:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Off topic, but how does Onslaught compare to Ruinator/Rampage?
 Quetzalcoatl.Mavix
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mavix 2011-12-27 00:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Off topic, but how does Onslaught compare to Ruinator/Rampage?
Both generally do more damage than Onslaught. But the accuracy down is a bonus.
By xenomasterkenshin 2011-12-27 00:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Do Shadow gorget/belt work for this WS? since its ice/water, thought i could use those for this one (instead of going back to sea)
 Asura.Ezekial
user: Ezekial
By Asura.Ezekial 2011-12-27 18:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shijin Spiral - Flame, Light, Aqua
Exenterator - Breeze, Thunder, Soil
Requiscat - Shadow, Soil
Resolution - Breeze, Thunder, Soil
Ruinator - Snow, Aqua, Breeze
Upheavel - Flame, Light, Shadow
Entropy - Shadow, Soil, Aqua
Stardiver - Shadow, Soil, Light
Blade: Shun - Flame, Light, Thunder
Tachi: Shoha - Breeze, Thunder, Shadow
Realmrazer - Flame, Light, Thunder
Shattersoul - Shadow, Soil, Snow
Apex Arrow - Breeze, Thunder, Light
Last Stand - Fire, Light, Aqua

Quote:

WS Gorgets only work for the first hit, and I don't understand how when TP just increases accuracy. And no one really cares about Abyssea damage.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-27 18:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

fTP isn't the same as TP. TP bonuses are often desirable because they increase one's fTP
 Bahamut.Darkone
By Bahamut.Darkone 2011-12-28 10:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ezekial said: »

Quote:

WS Gorgets only work for the first hit, and I don't understand how when TP just increases accuracy. And no one really cares about Abyssea damage.

This is incorrect for this WS, as discussed earlier in this thread. the ftp per hit is 1, it raises it by .1 each piece. this isn't a tp bonus, it's raising the ftp value aka damage.
By xenomasterkenshin 2011-12-28 19:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

By Shogunazzazzin 2011-12-30 10:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just trying to confirm this info is correct cause I dont want to farm Organs myself either lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Mavix
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mavix 2011-12-30 11:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shogunazzazzin said: »

Just trying to confirm this info is correct cause I dont want to farm Organs myself either lol
It's correct. And it only takes an hour to solo-farm a gorget. I did one last night.

FYI - According to wiki, Breeze Gorget does not affect the attributes of this weapon skill. But wiki lists the extensions as Distortion/Fragmentation; where BG lists the extensions as Distortion/Detonation. So for now I would suggest sticking with gorgets with Distortion attributes until more information is verified with this weapon skill.
 Asura.Bitesized
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2012-01-01 18:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Atheling mantle or

vigilance mantle +1 for a Taru?
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-01 18:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Atheling by a landslide
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2012-01-01 19:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=241390

My optimal Ruinator set. All I need are the boots off Pil. Not sure if they'd outperform AF3 feet. It's worth a try. Twilight body when fighting something with Non Killer effects.

Using a 2 standard PDT 95 axes /DNC, my average Ruinator was hitting for 1.2k (had no belt at this time). I had two spikes of 1.6k (likey triple attack proc) on Kaggen and Akvan. I'm currently working on the STR Magian axe as well as I'll be starting the DA one. STR trial axe will straight outperform 85-90 Farsha. And seeing as how I'm only 17/1500 plates in, it's going to be a while.

Farsha/+100 TP bonus axe
STR Magian/DA Axe
Farsha/STR Magian
Farsha/DA axe
Guttler/STR Magian? (Currently on stage 3)

For pure DD purposes, which axe combos will you all be using?