Stardiver - Shadow, Soil, Light
Blade: Shun - Flame, Light, Thunder
Tachi: Shoha - Breeze, Thunder, Shadow
Realmrazer - Flame, Light, Thunder
Shattersoul - Shadow, Soil, Snow
Apex Arrow - Breeze, Thunder, Light
Last Stand - Fire, Light, Aqua

Quote:
gorgets/belts add .1 ftp and it work over all hits. So with both you will add 20% damage to your WS if you have both of them. They are needed to put out really good damage with Ruinator. I love this freaking WS, I have managed to break 7k with it.

WS Gorgets only work for the first hit, and I don't understand how when TP just increases accuracy. And no one really cares about Abyssea damage.
Order on that list is best to worst or they all boost equal?
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2012-01-01 21:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

All equal.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-01-03 22:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the best Ammo's for this? Currently I'm riding with an Astrolabe. Also what's the best earring to pair with Brutal? I was thinking about picking up a Vulcan's Pearl.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-01-04 12:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

*bump*
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-04 12:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Astrolabe, and flame sachet are about it. Hagneia is pretty much all you get for attack.

I would think attack/tp bonus moonshade with brutal.
 Bahamut.Darkone
By Bahamut.Darkone 2012-01-04 12:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

For ammo, or ranged slot there is killer short bow, or that aquan killer ammo piece if you are use AF3+2 body.

For earring, Vulcan's is good, if you want something cheaper Centaurus earring works.
 Asura.Bitesized
Server: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2012-01-05 22:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Heca cap +1 with 4% double attack
or
Mekira Oto +1
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
Server: Bismarck
user: kivyin
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-01-05 23:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO, Mekira Oto +1.
By Shogunazzazzin 2012-01-06 06:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best atmas atm for this ws in people's opinions?
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2012-01-10 17:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Current set so far, intend to make 2 axes for it when I get some time. Either dbl atk axe + str/atk axe or dbl atk axe + farsha. (Think the farsha might be easier and ultimately more rewarding in the long run).

Is there any clear winner between what piece comes out on top between Ferine Ocreae +2 and Dilaram's Sollerets?

I figure it depends on the situation/mob's evasion but it's essentially [1 STR & 16 Atk] vs [8 Acc & 3 Dbl Atk].
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-01-10 20:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zeosilot said: »

Current set so far, intend to make 2 axes for it when I get some time. Either dbl atk axe + str/atk axe or dbl atk axe + farsha. (Think the farsha might be easier and ultimately more rewarding in the long run).

Is there any clear winner between what piece comes out on top between Ferine Ocreae +2 and Dilaram's Sollerets?

I figure it depends on the situation/mob's evasion but it's essentially [1 STR & 16 Atk] vs [8 Acc & 3 Dbl Atk].

I'd use Dilaram's Sollerets.

Also, currently using Avant Mail +1 as the body piece, but would Ferine Gausape +2 be better? Avant Mail offers 10 STR, +3DA and essentially the same ATK as the Gausape +2 (because of the 10STR). My guess is Gausape +2 against mobs BST has killer traits for, and Avant +1 for those without. Thanks in advance!
 Bahamut.Darkone
By Bahamut.Darkone 2012-01-10 20:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah you got it, if you have killer trait for mob you are fighting af3+2 body if not then Avant mail is good.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2012-01-22 08:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hitting just under 2.2k Ruinator's on Hydra BST/DNC. I don't really go to VW on BST due to having COR/BRD/RNG with Gandiva, so it's kind of the only NM I've done worth mentioning recently. Meat kabobs was all I used. No killer effects on the mob; used Twilight mail. Id say that's pretty solid.

Abyssea wise, with Stout Arm, VV, and Smiting Blow, my highest spike was 6.3K on T worms in Uleguerand. Kind of went wtf and smiled a bit, but yeah, I can't say I ll be demeriting it anytime soon. I'm sure if I wanted higher epeen numbers, I'd switch Smiting Blow for Harvester. But meh, another time.
 Cerberus.Aydogan
Server: Cerberus
user: Aydogan
By Cerberus.Aydogan 2012-01-24 00:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

In consideration of the elemental Magian trials, would the STR/attk Astolfo be the best axe for Ruinator in Dynamis?
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-01-24 00:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, definitely.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-31 11:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Been working a lot on my BST lately. Had it leveled for ages and lately been using it for farming dynamis when I don't feel like dual/trio boxing. Finding myself rather fond of the job overall and I definitely want to play it to it's potential.

I'm hoping to get some advice on Ruinator WS set and how I can achieve the best results in the WS phase. Any advice I would definitely appreciate, but also if you could point out what makes it better than my current set. Thanks ahead of time.

Armada augmented with STP+5 DA+3
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-01-31 12:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Mekira Oto +1 is an upgrade and Ferine Gausape +2 for mobs where BST has killer effects against, otherwise Armada Hauberk w/ augments/Avant Mail +1. Not exactly sure on the consensus of elemental obis/belts right now, but looks like a really good set.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-31 12:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for some words, looks like I'll have to be throwing down 5mil for a BST WS piece. But I do thoroughly enjoy playing the job.

As far as I've read on BG and here, for all the new merit-able weapon skills elemental gorget/belt is the way to go since it gives .1 fTP to each hit or some fancy ***like that.(Idk tbh I'm not that hardcore)

Also was wondering would moonshade with atk/tp bonus be > cent earring. I don't have WoTG done atm, but plan to here soon. And would a STR ring like Pyrosoul or Strigoi > Raja's. I'm looking for the ideal, full WS damage set.
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-01-31 13:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Centaurus Earring > Moonshade with ATK/TP bonus and yes Pyrosoul/Strigoi > Rajas'.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-31 13:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Crunkie said: »
Thanks for some words, looks like I'll have to be throwing down 5mil for a BST WS piece. But I do thoroughly enjoy playing the job. As far as I've read on BG and here, for all the new merit-able weapon skills elemental gorget/belt is the way to go since it gives .1 fTP to each hit or some fancy ***like that.(Idk tbh I'm not that hardcore) Also was wondering would moonshade with atk/tp bonus be > cent earring. I don't have WoTG done atm, but plan to here soon. And would a STR ring like Pyrosoul or Strigoi > Raja's. I'm looking for the ideal, full WS damage set.

<<< Hasn't progressed on WOTG since LAST TIME you said you were gonna duo with me D:
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-31 13:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet thanks. I appreciate some feedback...lol. What do you think about ammo slot? Anything else I should be looking at?
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2012-01-31 13:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Thanks for some words, looks like I'll have to be throwing down 5mil for a BST WS piece. But I do thoroughly enjoy playing the job. As far as I've read on BG and here, for all the new merit-able weapon skills elemental gorget/belt is the way to go since it gives .1 fTP to each hit or some fancy ***like that.(Idk tbh I'm not that hardcore) Also was wondering would moonshade with atk/tp bonus be > cent earring. I don't have WoTG done atm, but plan to here soon. And would a STR ring like Pyrosoul or Strigoi > Raja's. I'm looking for the ideal, full WS damage set.

<<< Hasn't progressed on WOTG since LAST TIME you said you were gonna duo with me D:

Let's do eeeeeet!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-31 13:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Let's do eeeeeet!

I'm doing sandy path atm but I'm more than happy to come back to whatever quest you're on to catch you up faster (although I solo'ed to where I'm at now). I figure as bst/bst or whatever we should be able to get right to the end with minimal effort.

On bst topic:

Do sphere effects affect pets?
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-01-31 13:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hagneia Stone vs. Flame Satchet?

Not sure how STR translates into ATK and vice versa, but when you think about it 2STR is basically 2STR and 1ATK, whereas 3ATK is just 3ATK. So Flame Satchet most likely would be your best option.

Also, there's Killer Shortbow, but then again, are you in a position where you are willing to give up your ammo slot? i.e. will you be using pet food?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-31 14:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Also was wondering would moonshade with atk/tp bonus be > cent earring.
Ruinator is "Accuracy varies with TP", so 25 TP from Moonshade's TP Bonus will not directly improve your damage.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-31 14:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stfutaru said: »
Hagneia Stone vs. Flame Satchet?

Not sure how STR translates into ATK and vice versa, but when you think about it 2STR is basically 2STR and 1ATK, whereas 3ATK is just 3ATK. So Flame Satchet most likely would be your best option.

Also, there's Killer Shortbow, but then again, are you in a position where you are willing to give up your ammo slot? i.e. will you be using pet food?
Hagneia for TP, Flame Sachet for WS.
By phunky 2012-02-04 12:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you guys think

Vulcan's pearl

vs

centaurus earring

4 str vs 10 atk?
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-02-04 16:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

phunky said: »
What do you guys think

Vulcan's pearl

vs

centaurus earring

4 str vs 10 atk?

I would say Centaurus Earring, but I don't think there is much of a difference, if any, between the two.