BST: Ruinator
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-12-18 03:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/241390

(My Farsha (85) will be done this week, using Guichard's +3 atm. Renaud's Axe is Tp +100 offhand)

Currently my WS set for Ruinator.

I'll replace Avant with the +1's when I get my Gil flowing again.
Flame earring will be swapped with Moonshade TP bonus +25 or +4 STR with Gil also.
Warwolf belt might be able to be swapped out with Anguinas or appropriate elemental belt.

I haven't fought anything worth mentioning to be honest due to work. However, eyeballing on EP's, I was doing average of 3.4k, I'd hit as low as 2.8k and spike as high as 4.9K (likely BST set bonus proc) When I start my days off tomorrow, I ll go throw a few punches on some non-abyssea NM's and EM-VT mobs.

It seems like a rather solid alternative for Rampage. It doesn't spike as high (in abyssea) but is far more consistant and will easily be the better choice for me outside of abyssea. Paired with Renaud's +100 tp bonus and the Aftermath of a 300 tp Cloudsplitter, Ruinator out of Abyssea will seem like the better choice out of abyssea due to lack of Crit bonus atmas. Currently it's my choice in Abyssea also.

But yeah, I ll post more tomorrow. 5/5 this. It's worth it.

To everyone else, what's your current gear sets for Ruinator? What's damage like for you or what have you used it on? What skillchain properties does it have? I'm actually not sure if soil is the correct gorget, so your input would be awesome.
[+]
 Fenrir.Parak
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Parak 2011-12-18 03:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wackatramp said: »

But yeah, I ll post more tomorrow. 5/5 this. It's worth it.

That is so comforting... Phew
 Phoenix.Quince
user: Quince
By Phoenix.Quince 2011-12-18 04:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Went 5/5 on this also and got to test in dynamis tonight. Was hitting anywhere between 2.4-3.1k on just dynamis nightmare mobs. Ill post my set in a second.'

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/241394

I need to +2 my hands and feet for it, and get a better earring. I was also using +3 PDT axes so base of 69 damage
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-12-18 04:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure Set bonus' Can't proc on weaponskills, It may have just been a Double/Triple attack.

Great to know its a good WS. Friend in LS Was 3/5 on it, and he said it was "Keeping up with Rampage" (he has a good Rampage set too).

I'm doing Dagger, (possible h2h), and i was inbetween what to do next, Axe was one Option... Think i'll go with axe.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-12-18 04:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

In the instance where you aren't fighting something you have killer effects to, you may want to opt for Twilight body or something comparable to it for WS. (Dyna Beastman, Ironclads, Avatars, dragons, etc)

You could also pop food which gives you the certain killer instinct effect for what you're fighting and keep AF3 body on. Situational I guess. Also for earrings, I've actually started buying the level 50ish killer earrings. Going to experiment with them for a bit.
By Raborn 2011-12-18 16:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll second it being more reliable than Rampage.
So far haven't been able to get it to break 3k.
But my sets are not close to the ones mentioned above.
5/5
avg seems to be 2k w/ spikes upwards of 2800.
lows of 1.8k.

/dnc

Oh, this being on the dolls in Abyssea Altepa EM > T.

Detonation close. Rampage > Ruinator = Detonation. And I believe Evisceration > Ruinator = Darkness.
Also Primal Rend > Ruinator = Darkness. It also closed Scission and Distortion but unfortunantly I cannot remember with what weaponskills.

I haven't had time to fully test soil gorget and belt, but w/o them on i saw at least a 200 dmg drop in the weaponskill, still speculation at this point.
 Asura.Ezekial
user: Ezekial
By Asura.Ezekial 2011-12-18 19:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hitting randomly between 2k-3.6k in Dynamis. I am very impressed with this WS.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-18 19:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

wow nice numbers 5/5 inc
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-19 15:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just trying to prepare for the ideal Ruinator set. Any suggestions welcome, this is what I have in mind so far:

A few concerns, mainly about the DA- belt and if gorget/belt would be applicable. Also pretty sure Heca feet+1 can get 11 STR and a few attack, unsure of whether or not thats profitable. thx

Edit: On second glance, my proposed set seems to have an abundance of attack and only +8 accuracy, which might be essential for a 4-hit. Twilight mail could alleviate this?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-12-19 16:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Where does prosilio belt come from?
 Quetzalcoatl.Atropa
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Atropa 2011-12-19 18:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

^bump
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-19 18:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Very likely Walk of Echoes.
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-12-19 20:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
Just trying to prepare for the ideal Ruinator set. Any suggestions welcome, this is what I have in mind so far:

A few concerns, mainly about the DA- belt and if gorget/belt would be applicable. Also pretty sure Heca feet+1 can get 11 STR and a few attack, unsure of whether or not thats profitable. thx

Edit: On second glance, my proposed set seems to have an abundance of attack and only +8 accuracy, which might be essential for a 4-hit. Twilight mail could alleviate this?

Havent had a chance to fully merit, or really gear for Ruinator for that matter, but, wouldn't Epona's outdo a Pyrosoul?
By gingerhurricane 2011-12-19 21:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So far, i know soil is not the right gorget. I am 5/5 and have everything you would use in rampage setup except str legs, and breeze belt and gorget. the belt and gorget stack for .2 ftp and new WS's are caculated into every hit, not just first hit. Still use +2 body for killer instinct most of the time. Damage was always a consistent 2.8-3.2k in dyna with DA and crit spikes that seemed weird. Einherjar was doing 2k or 2.5k (can't remember) on boss, not bad for a 1handed weapon. Anything hard this WS will definitely outperform rampage. always did 3k+ ruinator's in abyssea with GH, RR, and VV, two of which atma's are essentially worthless for the WS damage.
 Fenrir.Hyar
user: Hyaroraro
By Fenrir.Hyar 2011-12-19 22:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some testing with this today, my set is far from complete but has the bare essentials. In Dynamis-Valk, damage was constant 2.3k-2.9k, if something wiffed it still did above 1k damage (these were done on EP). I will admit it is drastically better then rampage imo. Hopefully we'll see if soil is a correct gorget or not sometime soon, would be nice to associate one with it.
By Raborn 2011-12-19 22:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

just got breeze belt, going to be doing testing tomorrow to confirm if it is the actual correct item for this weaponskill.
 Titan.Bomber
Server: Titan
user: Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2011-12-19 22:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm would DRK do good w/ this WS? no access to cool Axes is a c@ckblock but all the STR gear DRK as might make up for it not to mention souleater...any thoughts?
By gingerhurricane 2011-12-20 15:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shijin Spiral Fusion/Reverberation
Exenterator Fragmentation/Scission
Requiscat Gravitation/Scission
Resolution Fragmentation/Scission
Ruinator Distortion/Detonation
Upheavel Fusion/Compression
Entropy Gravitation/Reverberation
Stardiver Gravitation/Transfixion
Shun Fusion/Impaction
Shoha Fragmentation/Compression
Realmrazer Fusion/Impaction
Shattersoul Gravitation/Induration
Apex Arrow Fragmentation/Transfixion
Last Stand Fusion/Reverberation

Pretty sure its the right gorget meaning breeze, snow, or aqua.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-12-20 15:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Bomber said: »
Hmmm would DRK do good w/ this WS? no access to cool Axes is a c@ckblock but all the STR gear DRK as might make up for it not to mention souleater...any thoughts?

Axe on DRK only seems worth it in Abyssea with a Ridill off hand to be honest.
By Raborn 2011-12-20 22:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Capt. Obvious here to state:
Yes Breeze Gorget/Belt.
No Soil.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-12-20 22:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you used aqua gorget, and snow belt would you see the same exact results as if you wore breeze belt/gorget? Curious as those are the only ones I have that match up with this WS. Never used a mismatched set b4 tho.
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-12-20 23:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested it against onslaught?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-21 21:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

bump for much needed Ruinator suggestions!

This is:
-STR+84
-Attack+172 (130+42 from STR)
-Accuracy+46 (33+13 from DEX)
-DA+8
 Asura.Bitesized
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2011-12-21 23:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fistandantilus said: »
If you used aqua gorget, and snow belt would you see the same exact results as if you wore breeze belt/gorget? Curious as those are the only ones I have that match up with this WS. Never used a mismatched set b4 tho.

^ any answer on this?
 Shiva.Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-12-22 07:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
bump for much needed Ruinator suggestions!

This is:
-STR+84
-Attack+172 (130+42 from STR)
-Accuracy+46 (33+13 from DEX)
-DA+8

It looks mighty fine Skadoosh, But if you're willing to use Twilight Mail, why not Toci's or even and Aug'd Adaberk, idk maybe i just have a negative connotation with Twilight Mail. I rarely use it for anything.
Prosilio Belt still sounds iffy to me, idk if i would want to use it. And I still think Epona's > Pyrosoul.
 Shiva.Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-12-22 07:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Kollosis did your avatar become a male cortana?
YES
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-12-22 07:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Prosilio belt is a bit nasty on only a 4 hit WS D:
I also do notice this comment on BG wiki:
This weaponskill has its fTP transferred across all hits, making Elemental Gorgets and Elemental Belts pretty clearly the best neck and waste gear options.
You also gave me an idea for a non-twilight head, couldn't think of anything 10+ D:
Also I fail to see why mismatched Belt/Gorget would make any difference, I used mismatched on WAR.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6