Ninian's Guide to Chocobo Raising
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Fenrir.Loraley
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Ryuchan
By Fenrir.Loraley 2011-10-23 21:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

TL;DR: Nini will update this when I find more things to pester her about. :)
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-23 21:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Loraley said: »
TL;DR: Nini will update this when I find more things to pester her about. :)

xD <3
 Phoenix.Cell
Server: Phoenix
user: Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2011-10-26 21:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
Carbuncle.Ronson said: »
Edit: is it possible my bird isn't old enough or some ***like that?

That would be very weird, I don't see why. :x I got my pullus torque on day ~40 on my previous chocobo, and that's pretty much right after it becomes an adult.

I just read that. Wow. I assume it inherited Cantor and you taught it Gallop quick? I was feeling pretty discouraged today after reading that. But a few good things actually happened today.

Started today, day 44, with A S E F and it wanted to be with me all the time still. Been feeding it 2 azouph every day since we last talked. Today fed it 2 zegham and 1 azouph one at a time. But then my day got better. Using speed apples and final spurt was able to place 1st and 2nd each free race and finally got my first 80 chocobucks. I had 35 already. I used the 80 to raise STR. Must have been really close becuase after that I did Kamp Kweh and checked vitals. They had changed to S S E F and it regaurded me as a parent! Got a small intelligence boost from playing with other chocobos. So I have 19 days to get some good work in. Still no Cantor story. I read some people use chocoelixirs to give energy back to be able to do another long walk. But I never see them on the AH. And it seems like I would have to spend all day every day spamming races to get the 1000 or 2000 chocobucks Ill need to cap Str and raise Resc, lol.

Now that Im finally at parent affection I should switch to 3 Zegham carrots a day and continue to dig? At what discernment lvl should I be able to teach it the impatient story?
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-26 22:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cell said: »
I just read that. Wow. I assume it inherited Cantor and you taught it Gallop quick? I was feeling pretty discouraged today after reading that. But a few good things actually happened today.

I already has a SS SS F F chocobo, and my mule had a chocobo as well. I spammed races on both of them since the one I was raising was a chick. I had a ton of chocobucks and tokens once my chocobo reached adulthood, so don't be intimidated at all, lol.

Quote:
Started today, day 44, with A S E F and it wanted to be with me all the time still. Been feeding it 2 azouph every day since we last talked. Today fed it 2 zegham and 1 azouph one at a time. But then my day got better. Using speed apples and final spurt was able to place 1st and 2nd each free race and finally got my first 80 chocobucks. I had 35 already. I used the 80 to raise STR. Must have been really close becuase after that I did Kamp Kweh and checked vitals. They had changed to S S E F and it regaurded me as a parent! Got a small intelligence boost from playing with other chocobos. So I have 19 days to get some good work in. Still no Cantor story. I read some people use chocoelixirs to give energy back to be able to do another long walk. But I never see them on the AH. And it seems like I would have to spend all day every day spamming races to get the 1000 or 2000 chocobucks Ill need to cap Str and raise Resc, lol.

^^ That's good. You don't have to get Canter before day 64, so it doesn't matter at all. No reason to waste chocolixirs, you'll encounter the story eventually.

Quote:
Now that Im finally at parent affection I should switch to 3 Zegham carrots a day and continue to dig? At what discernment lvl should I be able to teach it the impatient story?

Do Zegham x2, Sharug x2, otherwise your chocobo will hate you. @@; Story of an Impatient Chocobo is Gallop, assuming you mean Story of a Curious Chocobo (Canter), which you can learn at A bit deficient and higher.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-10-26 22:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I was also wondering if chocolixers had any detrimental effect? I thought they cut down affection a lot but I can't find info about it
 Phoenix.Cell
user: Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2011-10-26 22:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Do Zegham x2, Sharug x2, otherwise your chocobo will hate you. @@; Story of an Impatient Chocobo is Gallop, assuming you mean Story of a Curious Chocobo (Canter), which you can learn at A bit deficient and higher.

Lol. Yeah I dont want it to hate me. No I did mean Gallop as I already have that story. So just seeing when I can actually learn it. As always, thanks for the replies.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-26 22:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said: »
I was also wondering if chocolixers had any detrimental effect? I thought they cut down affection a lot but I can't find info about it

I've never encountered this, the only way I could see it decreasing affection is because you're if you feed it two elixirs, you'd be unable to feed your chocobo affection increasing greens.

Phoenix.Cell said: »
Quote:

Lol. Yeah I dont want it to hate me. No I did mean Gallop as I already have that story. So just seeing when I can actually learn it. As always, thanks for the replies.

Oh okay. Also make sure to feed the Sharug Greens before the Vomp Carrots. Gallop can be learned at A bit deficient too. I think it's an easier story to learn than Canter as well.

Edit: Also updated the guide to have food/careplans for adulthood pre day-64 because I somehow forgot that.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Yajirobe
Server: Sylph
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-11-26 10:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just read the big main OP, and only skimmed through the next 6 pages, and I have a question:p

I had a decent racing chocobo who earns me a decent amount of chocobucks, she wins if not every, every other free run race.
But I could only raise her for half the time so she isn't super, and I can't remember the best way to raise a decent racing chocobo.
You say it doesn't matter which stat you raise first, if I decide to raise STR/END first, when would be a decent time to stop and swap to RCP side?
wait until the bird has S/SS STR? Or somewhere midway? :p

EDIT: Oh, and what's the deal with rainy weather for racers? :o
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-11-26 14:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I stop around S and do digging for treasure to raise DSC. Then I'll raise RCP with Chocobucks. The reason I like rainy weather for racers is because the majority of cup races take place in the rain, and it allows you to avoid accidents. Also, one of the harder pulls torque races takes place in the rain, though you definitely don't need rain preference to beat that.
 Sylph.Yajirobe
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-11-26 15:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I see :P thanks xD
So digging levels up DSC?
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-11-26 15:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Yajirobe said: »
Ah, I see :P thanks xD
So digging levels up DSC?

Yup~, DSC+ END-
 Sylph.Yajirobe
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-11-26 15:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohh, okay. Does it still skill up when the chocobo is retired? Or can it only increase while it's in the stable?
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-11-26 15:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Yajirobe said: »
Ohh, okay. Does it still skill up when the chocobo is retired? Or can it only increase while it's in the stable?

Oh no "Digging for Treasure" is a care plan. It'll only work in the stables until day 64. After that they can only skill up via food and Chocotrains. After your chocobo is retired, it will only skill up via special retired chocobo chocotrains.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-11-26 15:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I think she means Digging for treasure, the care plan you can set up when your chocobo becomes an adult. (Like carry packages, exercise alone, etc) Though I don't know if actual choco hot and cold raises DSC or not
edit: nin beat me!
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-11-26 15:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said: »
Though I don't know if actual choco hot and cold raises DSC or not
edit: nin beat me!

It only raises digging skill. Which I should do sometime, but it takes foreverrrrrr. >_>;
 Phoenix.Hats
user: hatsumomo
By Phoenix.Hats 2011-12-14 16:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi !

Simple Questions... Any of your Chocobos have a weather preference? If so when u noticed they have it ( specific day while raising ) what were there stats ( +- on that one ) an what have u done for that?

Cause ive been reading an reading an readin ... and nothing real comes out.

Some say they kept do a daily walk an got it already when the chocobo was 35 days old... another says they got it doing hot and cold game while raising... an again some say they pulled out the whistle while the weather ccured in a zone...

So whose choco has a weather preference ... it would be really nice to share how u got it or make it easier on assuming if its a passed 64 days old thing or really a try to get while still below 64 or idk ...

I would appriciate some answer .. thank you
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-14 16:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done everything, and my chocobo hasn't learned to like rain, at all. I've raised it in bastok, walking it every day in the rain, did hot and cold in passh in the rain, called it on the whistle in the rain, nothing. Going to try it again. :/

Sorry for thar completely unhelpful reply.
 Phoenix.Hats
By Phoenix.Hats 2011-12-14 16:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

sry im stressing about this some ... but everybody has to admit its the only thing people are left in the dark kinda ... :/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Hats
By Phoenix.Hats 2011-12-14 16:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

*sigh this is just crazy.... may its just a bug like it is for when the choco dont wakes up with the tonic?
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-14 16:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know... I've seen a PC bird with rain weather, but no idea who the owner is/if they speak English. I'm going to try and make it so the only activity my choco sees outside next round is rain only. No walks to learn gallop etc. Will try this on a breeder bird, and hope it allows other birds to be born liking rain.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Hats
By Phoenix.Hats 2011-12-14 16:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

very expensive option... an is that even able? thought just abilities are able to be born on .. mhmmmm
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-14 17:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Hats said: »
very expensive option... an is that even able? thought just abilities are able to be born on .. mhmmmm

I've heard from someone that they can be born with weather preference, not sure if true or not.
 Phoenix.Hats
By Phoenix.Hats 2011-12-14 17:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

.. well that would require to know someone with a weather preferenced choco ... ( actually 2 ) an let them have the love music goin an go on an on an on with 18+ stuff until the right baby comes out <.< lol
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-14 17:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, pretty much. @@;
 Phoenix.Hats
By Phoenix.Hats 2011-12-14 18:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

oh boy.. well.. then i guess can give up pretty much on that.... i dont see so many people gonna be willing an wanting this over an over :(

well i hope i can get atleast the SS/B/A/C done... unless they broke yet the 637 line .. even tho ive read someone saw a jp have a SS/A/A/A choco... which i found a bit ... odd o.O
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-14 18:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... I'll let you know in a month or so if I manage to get one. :x

:D

Uhhh, you might be able to get SS/A/A/A with the right saddle, but that seems like a bit of a stretch, I dunno. @@
 Phoenix.Hats
By Phoenix.Hats 2011-12-14 18:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

well which makes me assume .. we need more jp finally spoil us with their secrets on things ! D:

an yes yes id appriciate that if ud keep inform if u get lucky ... same as i will .. my choco is now idk day 35 i think or 36 .. may weather will change.. im gonna keep try with the walking ( that its water day + weather effect ).. hot an cold even call it per whistle .. i was also thinking may DIS is a role into it .. that it has to be some higher or maybe REC.. throwing out an idea with that
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-14 18:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, my chocobo is SS DSC, 0 RCP though, and it didn't learn it after like day 100, so I gave up.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8