Awww! >:3
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-09-11 12:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Turns out you can just BUY a whistle. :<

YellowBurst is old now. (Yes, that's her name ._____.)
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-11 13:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
Turns out you can just BUY a whistle. :<

YellowBurst is old now. (Yes, that's her name ._____.)

Yeah you can buy it if you did the quest.

Hahaha, that's ok. My green chocobo is named LadyNoir because I didn't know you could wait to name it. >_>;
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-14 16:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping because I finished the racing section. I *really* need to finish the adult section. There's a lot to say about getting your chocobo the stats you want and I'm not entirely sure how I want to word it. @@; /procrastinates
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-14 16:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
the adult section
ChocobosXXX!
 Phoenix.Cell
user: Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2011-09-16 13:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

My chocobo hatched today.

All stats poor, male, easygoing, likes clear weather, no abilities. =(

I watched over it 145 times before hatching.
Set care plan to walking.
Walked it until he couldnt then watched over him.

Tomorrow I plan to feed him his first 3 Vomp Carrots.

Ninnian, can you help me plan how to teach him, Cantor and Gallop I assume, when its time to? I want a full racing chocobo. So hopefully I can do that. =)
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-16 13:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

All chocobos are born that way so you're fine~ As for abilities, it'll be no problem if you're willing to invest time and Gil into chocobuck farming. I'll explain it in my guide soon, but the basic idea is when you cap/near cap str/end switch to dsc+ plan. The when you're dsc is (A iirc?) you can learn canter~
 Asura.Lilchibimage
Server: Asura
By Asura.Lilchibimage 2011-09-19 12:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a choco. I haven't not feed it for few months. Can I get it back?
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-09-19 13:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Niniann and Nightfyre hatch chocobo eggs in front of the Port Windurst MH exit every night. I worry that the Vanadiel Animal Control department will come some time and crack down on her illegal outdoor breeding programme.
[+]
 Phoenix.Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2011-09-19 15:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Chocobo is making a real fuss at night. Is the part of the whistle quest? On wiki it says cry not fuss so...

Lol not sure.

And whats up with this other baby chocobo I found? Owner's name starts with a G.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2011-09-19 15:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
All chocobos are born that way so you're fine~ As for abilities, it'll be no problem if you're willing to invest time and Gil into chocobuck farming. I'll explain it in my guide soon, but the basic idea is when you cap/near cap str/end switch to dsc+ plan. The when you're dsc is (A iirc?) you can learn canter~

I like your usage of ~. I have actually no idea what it's purpose is, or I've long ago forgotten.

~ to you ma'am.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-19 16:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lilchibimage said: »
I had a choco. I haven't not feed it for few months. Can I get it back?

It's probably retired by now, so no. :( You can check but I think it's three or so months.

Phoenix.Cell said: »
Chocobo is making a real fuss at night. Is the part of the whistle quest? On wiki it says cry not fuss so...

Lol not sure.

And whats up with this other baby chocobo I found? Owner's name starts with a G.

I believe that's the first part of the chocobo whistle quest, you put your scent on a handkerchief and give it back to the chocobo. That baby chocobo belongs to someone in your nation. You can read about it here.

Sylph.Beelshamen said: »
I like your usage of ~. I have actually no idea what it's purpose is, or I've long ago forgotten.

~ to you ma'am.

Hehe, it's usually means that whatever was written was said in a sing-songy voice. I enjoy using it~
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-09-21 15:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Chocobump! ^^

Btw, I do adore the thoroughness of the guide...it even goes into the nuances of racing. :)

But because you touch on things like "chocobo roles" maybe you can add a section on the various 150-chocobuck racing silks...

http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?q=race+silks

...oddly none of which affect actual races. :p

The Orange and Red ones work for riding time (for all chocobos/your chocobo, respectively), Purple is for riding speed (your chocobo), Blue and Sky Blue are for digging endurance/skill (all chocobos), Black and White for the Hot & Cold game (your chocobo), and Green for caring for chocobos (energy related for care choices, I think.)

The White and Black ones are really nice for Hot & Cold...wear the white one for extra endurance (more chances to spot the KWEHHH!!! mark) then swap to black for an increase chance at jackpot (next dig automatically wins if it procs.) :) Hot & Cold rewards are hit-or-miss (I did manage to get 20 arcane flowerpots, among tons of junk) but it really builds up your hidden digging skill tremendously after a while.

I would imagine wear the Green one anytime you are interacting with the chocobo care UI, but I never got one.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-21 16:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose I could add the chocosilks~ :3

And you're right about all of the silks, and yeah green cuts down the cost of doing direct care by a decent bit. Unfortunately it doesn't bypass the initial requirement for energy though, so say you need 50 energy to do something, and with the silks it takes 40 energy, and you have 40 energy, you can't do it because you don't have 50 energy. But they're still great and completely worth getting. :O
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-09-21 18:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't seem to find any chococards, sucks :\
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-21 18:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a chance you could do an ISNM? Better than knowing you're getting yellow. :(

If you don't have imperial standing, find a friend who does or shout in Jeuno and offer a reward to use them to get an egg. :(

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-21 18:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I always forget about that. Yeah getting an ISNM egg should be really easy now. :3 I might get one myself for my next bird for fun.
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2011-09-21 18:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything I need to find another card, (M) specifically to breed with mine. Preferably it'll be a green one again~
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-09-21 18:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I told my friend it was like 80% color, but he said that was a lie >.> Maybe I'll try that, but it'll suck if it turns yellow D:
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-22 02:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Minefield said: »
If anything I need to find another card, (M) specifically to breed with mine. Preferably it'll be a green one again~

:<! Good luck~

Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said: »
I told my friend it was like 80% color, but he said that was a lie >.> Maybe I'll try that, but it'll suck if it turns yellow D:

The uncapped ISNMs only have a 12% chance of yellow, the ISNM 60s are 32%. I recall the ISNM 60s being more popular back in the day, maybe he got one of those eggs? D:

At any rate, if you don't get a colored chocobo just try again. :<!
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-09-22 03:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Color is based off the color of the parents of the current Chocobo which is in turn is determined by the color of the parents' parents in a Mendelian manner. Attributes and diet do not affect color in any way. Each Chocobo has two color traits, its genotype; but it will usually only express one of these traits, its phenotype. A chick will receive a random color trait from each of its parents. Yellow is the most dominant color and will mask any other color; two yellow Chocobos can potentially produce a chick of any color. Blue is an example of co-dominance; it is a combination of yellow and another, undetermined, color. Black is dominant over green and red; two black Chocobos can produce black, green, or red Chocobos. The best way to get green or red is to match 2 parents of the same color; however, one of these colors is dominant over the other which would make that one more likely. Honeymoon tickets have no effect on color, a chick must receive one color trait from each parent. Source
blarg D:
Not sure if this is true or not, if it is I guess I kinda screwed myself >< bred a red with a black(was supposed to be blue) so it's pretty high that it's going to be black :\
 Phoenix.Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2011-09-22 13:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Day 10

He hatched last Friday.

He is perky and should be responsive to anything I give it now.

Str - Poor
End - Substandard <-- First stat to change
Disc - Poor
Rec - Poor

Plenty of affection and seems extremely happy. In excellent condition.

So just keep doing the same? 9 more days before I see its true color?
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-09-30 13:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Meet DoreeBlack. :D

[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-30 15:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said: »
Quote:
Color is based off the color of the parents of the current Chocobo which is in turn is determined by the color of the parents' parents in a Mendelian manner. Attributes and diet do not affect color in any way. Each Chocobo has two color traits, its genotype; but it will usually only express one of these traits, its phenotype. A chick will receive a random color trait from each of its parents. Yellow is the most dominant color and will mask any other color; two yellow Chocobos can potentially produce a chick of any color. Blue is an example of co-dominance; it is a combination of yellow and another, undetermined, color. Black is dominant over green and red; two black Chocobos can produce black, green, or red Chocobos. The best way to get green or red is to match 2 parents of the same color; however, one of these colors is dominant over the other which would make that one more likely. Honeymoon tickets have no effect on color, a chick must receive one color trait from each parent. Source
blarg D:
Not sure if this is true or not, if it is I guess I kinda screwed myself >< bred a red with a black(was supposed to be blue) so it's pretty high that it's going to be black :\

The quoted portion isn't true. The only true statement there is "two black Chocobos can produce black, green, or red Chocobos." The reason why this is true is because according to JPWiki(which I have some problems understanding the related clause) is that if you have three different color genes, your chocobo can be black, yellow, or some other color(think it was blue?) depending on the order of the genes. I believe this is what it translated to, if someone can actually read JP I'd love to hear your version of it.

Anyway, that means say you have BlueRedGreen gene, that order could make it a Black chocobo. So say you have two of these. You can get a chocobo with BlueBlueRed(Blue chocobo), RedRedBlue(Red chocobo), GreenGreenBlue(Green), BlueRedGreen(HypotheticalBlack) or RedBlueGreen(HypotheticalYellow), GreenRedBlue(HypotheticalBlue?), etc. I don't actually know the orders of the genes for Black/Yellow when it comes to multiple colors though. :x

As for your chocobo, I can't exactly tell you what color it's going to be. If it's a black chocobo with two black genes (not sure if possible? I think it is though) then it could be black. If it's a black chocobo with BlueRedGreen genes, there's a better chance it could be red.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-30 15:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cell said: »
Day 10

He hatched last Friday.

He is perky and should be responsive to anything I give it now.

Str - Poor
End - Substandard <-- First stat to change
Disc - Poor
Rec - Poor

Plenty of affection and seems extremely happy. In excellent condition.

So just keep doing the same? 9 more days before I see its true color?

"He is perky and should be responsive to anything I give it now." means you can give it a cupid worm without affecting stats, but if it regards you as a parent this isn't necessary.

Your END stat is the first to change for one of two reasons. One is that your honeymoon plan was Sports, or two is because walks give +END and no other stat, so you'd have more of that. It's normal.

Yeah, just keep on keepin' on. :3
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-30 15:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
Meet DoreeBlack. :D

Awww *snugs* >:3
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-30 15:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Added a section on Kamp Kweh.
[+]
 Phoenix.Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2011-10-03 13:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well its going to be black. =)

Day 21
Plan Carry Packages
Zest for life

Str: Sub
End: Bit Deff
Disc: Poor
Rec: Poor

Wants to be with me all the time.
Still likes clear weather. =\
Unlocked Auto-Regen story but not Cantor or Gallop yet.
Ive done no Kamp Kweh. Cant really find anyone to do it with.

Do I still have a chance of making a great racer?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8