First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-09 18:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

My dream was to have a blue chocobo, I love those. So when on my first attempt it came out yellow I thought I'd just leave it be and try with a new one. But the moment I left it was so dramatic that I still don't have the courage to start a new one. I'm still heartbroken.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-09 18:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said: »
Ramuh.Krizz said: »
This thread makes me feel bad for the chocobo waiting for me at the stable in Sandy.

Y U NO FEED ME, DADDY? Q_Q
because war/sam
obv
come on, we know we need at least one war/sam per thread :(
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-09-09 18:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

They really know how to guilt you for giving up a chocobo. >____>
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-09 18:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly doubt I have ever been Ninian's favorite mod.

This thread makes me feel bad for the chocobo waiting for me at the stable in Sandy.

:<!

You can maybe salvage it by feeding it a bunch of Cupid worms and continuing business as usual. It depends on how neglected it is. You should probably just start a new one depending on how dead it is.

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
My dream was to have a blue chocobo, I love those. So when on my first attempt it came out yellow I thought I'd just leave it be and try with a new one. But the moment I left it was so dramatic that I still don't have the courage to start a new one. I'm still heartbroken.

I was going to raise a chocobo on my mule towards the end of my current racer's time in the stables, and it turned out it didn't have any abilities. Of course like a good breeder I was like THIS CHOCOBO SUCKS I WANT A NEW ONE, and released it. They guilt you, and ask the reasons why you didn't want to keep the baby and how horrible of a person you are. I think I said that the chocobo and I weren't compatible with each other or some nonsense. It was depressing, but I'm over it. :3 If you don't want your chocobo to be a disappointment, make sure you get good parents. @@;;

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
They really know how to guilt you for giving up a chocobo. >____>

Yeaaaah.

Edit: Added adolescent stage information because I forgot that it's not exactly the same as chick stage. oops.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-09-09 19:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
I highly doubt I have ever been Ninian's favorite mod.

You can maybe salvage it by feeding it a bunch of Cupid worms and continuing business as usual. It depends on how neglected it is. You should probably just start a new one depending on how dead it is.
It's old enough to be retired like 30 times over. I logged in for the last time in February. I have no idea how much time had passed since I last checked on my chocobo.
 Leviathan.Jekyll
Server: Leviathan
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2011-09-09 19:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I had this green chocobo male from foreeeeever ago that I only have the chocobo whistle left for (tossed all the other things). Is there any way for me to obtain a chococard for it anymore?
Also, it wasn't until you posted this guide that I decided to raise another one and try to race with it (have never done chocobo races before). Do you think capped str/end (255) and discernment as high as I can get it after those two is a good combination?

Ty in advance :D ~

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Jekyll
Server: Leviathan
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2011-09-09 19:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jekyll said: »
So, I had this green chocobo male from foreeeeever ago that I only have the chocobo whistle left for (tossed all the other things). Is there any way for me to obtain a chococard for it anymore?
Also, it wasn't until you posted this guide that I decided to raise another one and try to race with it (have never done chocobo races before). Do you think capped str/end (255) and discernment as high as I can get it after those two is a good combination?

I should make it clear that my goal is to get the torque D:

Basically: give me a recommended stat set up for winning such races. o:
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-09 20:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's old enough to be retired like 30 times over. I logged in for the last time in February. I have no idea how much time had passed since I last checked on my chocobo.

Oh, okay. Yeah it's long since retired. :<

Leviathan.Jekyll said: »

There's no way to recover it--I don't even think you can have SE recover it (waste of a recall anyway) because it has system data on it. Sorry. ; ;

Ah. XD I'm not a fan of STR/END onry chocobos, especially since DSC is far more useful than END for keeping up your max speed. If you're going for a Pullus Torque, SS/B/A/C with Gallop+Canter is a surefire way to obtain it. That build also does fine for cup-races, though I'm currently in the process of experimenting with a more DSC heavy build, and capping STR since my Pullus-bo is a few points away from capped.
 Fenrir.Crystenne
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-09-10 11:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

**insert positive informercial anecdote about Niniann's Chocobo products here**

1/1 on Pullus Torque thanks to your advice, yay! :D
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-09-10 11:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda want a red chocobo just because I always planned to make one but never got around to it :(

FFXI please make more incentives to breed chocobos. (Chocobo Knight job for only people who have bred chocobos incoming)

I'd love to be able to name my Chocobo too

His name would be sprinkles.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-09-10 11:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said: »
I kinda want a red chocobo just because I always planned to make one but never got around to it :(

Choco-Meteor >:3
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-09-10 11:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

:D:D:D:D:D
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-09-10 11:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI please make more incentives to breed chocobos. (Chocobo Knight job for only people who have bred chocobos incoming)

I have a red one named FurryFoot XD and Yeh I'd like to see some reasons to use them... as it is it even costs more to summon our own then it does to buy a choco. Only time I use it is if I'm in the middle of nowhere and not just heading back to town.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-09-10 11:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I still have the cards for two green chocobos. I have no idea what their stats were though. I just got them from a LS member cause they were green.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-09-10 11:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So much more to read :o yay
 Phoenix.Cell
Server: Phoenix
user: Cell
By Phoenix.Cell 2011-09-10 13:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So is Sandy the best over all town for raising because of a chance to learn Gallop story early, or will I be fine raising a racer in Bastok by doing this:?

Quote:
Gallop

Obtained after encountering Hantileon three times on walks.

Bastok stable: regular walk (Konschtat Highlands).

Just got the egg from my breeding yesterday. Its "somewhat warm to the touch." Come on black!!

Now to find food. If anyone on Phoenix grows Vomps, please let me know.

**Each day is one Earth day, correct? Starting after Japan Midnight?
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-10 18:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Crystenne said: »

Yay!!!!! When I next get on the game we should run around as cute chocobos in Windy~

That'd be awesome :x

I still have the cards for two green chocobos. I have no idea what their stats were though. I just got them from a LS member cause they were green.

You should do it! You don't need parents with great stats to make a great chocobo, but it's much easier. And don't expect any abilities/abilities you'd want. Both racers and diggers need a decent amount of discernment anyway, so they shouldn't have much of a problem learning stories on their own.

Phoenix.Cell said: »
So is Sandy the best over all town for raising because of a chance to learn Gallop story early, or will I be fine raising a racer in Bastok by doing this:?

Quote:
Gallop

Obtained after encountering Hantileon three times on walks.

Bastok stable: regular walk (Konschtat Highlands).

Just got the egg from my breeding yesterday. Its "somewhat warm to the touch." Come on black!!

Now to find food. If anyone on Phoenix grows Vomps, please let me know.

**Each day is one Earth day, correct? Starting after Japan Midnight?

Sandy or Bastok. I personally choose Bastok because the rain weather is much more frequent in Passh than it is in La Thiene/Jugner. If you know when the rainy season is, and can match up adolescence/adulthood with it, Sandy would be better overall. Learning Gallop early doesn't make a huge difference.

Yay somewhat warm! :3

Each earth day starts the exact time you put the egg in at the stables. So if you put it in at 2:47, your day ticks over exactly that time each day. I should probably make that a little more clear in my guide.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-09-10 18:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop tempting me. I've been good about resisting the temptation to play again. Every time I update my FFXI (so I have the latest files when I want to do a new post to my website) I debate over just logging in for a few minutes to see who is still playing.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-09-10 18:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nini, I was at a pig roast today and i just got home, my chocobo was due 4 hours ago, Will I survive the upcoming terror of zopago? c.c
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-10 18:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop tempting me. I've been good about resisting the temptation to play again. Every time I update my FFXI (so I have the latest files when I want to do a new post to my website) I debate over just logging in for a few minutes to see who is still playing.

Oooooh... :<! The game's not exactly worth coming back to, but chocobos are fun. I think if I quit XI I'd probably still log on to raise/breed chocobos. :( Also I'd utilize chatroomfantasyxi

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Nini, I was at a pig roast today and i just got home, my chocobo was due 4 hours ago, Will I survive the upcoming terror of zopago? c.c

D:! Sounds yummy. >_>; Did you take care of it yesterday? ; -; And did you ever end up feeding it cupid worms? :<
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-09-10 19:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

chocobo was ill yesterday, so i had to feed it some tokopekko wildgrass, I cared for it a thousandgazillion times too :)
regarding affection, chocobo seems to like you a lot... oh bless He gave me a pebble <3.. -.-

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-09-10 19:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Chocobo raising makes me want to play FFVII again. I kicked *** at the chocobo racing.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-10 19:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
chocobo was ill yesterday, so i had to feed it some tokopekko wildgrass, I cared for it a thousandgazillion times too :)
regarding affection, chocobo seems to like you a lot... oh bless He gave me a pebble <3.. -.-

Ahhh, good! :3 That's 6/8 affection, maybe feed it one more worm and you'll be good to go.

Haha pebble. The walks usually give you garbage. Sometimes I get carrots from them, but that's rare. :(

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
d'awww lol this thread is making me miss choco raising even though it was annoying as hell to be forced in game daily like that

damn you nina

Chocobo raising makes me want to play FFVII again. I kicked *** at the chocobo racing.

FFVII Chocobo raising/racing was fun. I loved the trick where you could hold down I think L1 or R1 and it'd replenish your stamina and you could just wreck everything.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-09-10 19:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome :D
 Fenrir.Crystenne
user: Crysten
By Fenrir.Crystenne 2011-09-10 19:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »
Fenrir.Crystenne said: »

Yay!!!!! When I next get on the game we should run around as cute chocobos in Windy~

Totally :O I love how you run like a complete spazz in that costume xD
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-09-10 19:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cryst, that pig roast i went to today, It wasohsogooood, shame you live in japan!
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-10 19:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

:3 Pullus Torque + movement+ = happy fun times. xD
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8