Test Server Findings.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » test server findings.
test server findings.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13
 Ragnarok.Napkins
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Napkins 2011-08-29 21:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so Ukko's Fury is my new fav. toy.
Also Comet is kinda fun to play around with.
Gotta try out the new BLU moves tomorrow.

I just want to keep all these toys ; ;
Wish they'd added the real Empys and Relics to try out though.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Puchu
user: Puchu
By Ragnarok.Puchu 2011-08-29 21:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fast random stuff

sudden lunge really long stun, more than headbutt

pro5 + taco + harden shell + defender = 999+ def (and with 50 pdt- plus 15% DT- of Barrier Tusk is really yummie, replace with coocon with ja down is decent.

Heavy Strike don't improve with sneak attack ;_;

VV is more relevant of SS here: +50STR win 30% crit dmg+ (at least for 5 cast each tomorrow more testing)

sneak attack vanity dive doing more dmg than heavy strike (naked no atma)

300tp 6k Heavy Strike 300tp 8k sa vanity with corrispondet atma each, but really /thf now become pretty useless

spam heavy strike = :Q_

cdc + Heavy Strike...meh not see the the sc and IF form a sc, is a Distorsion i bet

/war is a decent sub now with 5% TA from spellset and 10% DA from sub, /thf lost a little ;_; , and for atma VV maybe take SS place at least for this early test.

need more then 60 points now <_<

Wanna windower ;_;
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-29 21:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Puchu said: »
Heavy Strike don't improve with sneak attack

That's because it crits 100% of the time without SA. With proper atmas there's no reason it shouldn't be outperforming vanity dive.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-29 21:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
It appears that Heavy Strike makes light with CDC, but something about the animation of the spell cuts off SC animations. Further testing needed but... a 772 heavy strike just sawed off way more HP than it should have.

IT++ spell, lights with chant and costs only 2 set points and 32 mp? And if I'm understanding you correctly it can light off a light?

I'm having a hard time believing that it is going to stay that good or that low on mp cost... Cause wow.
 Ragnarok.Puchu
user: Puchu
By Ragnarok.Puchu 2011-08-29 21:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah at the start i really hope a dmgx4! but of course don't xD

Nah it's logical, Heavy Strike must be weak than a vanity or benthic with sneak attack. Tomorrow again test but max damage with VV RR apoc was Heavy 6k on EP raptor in aby ule, with SS RR apoc vanity 8k+
Maybe with VV RR SS..tomorrow test day °D°
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-29 21:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

CALL TO ARMS, BLUS AVAILABLE FOR FURTHER TESTING REPORT
edit: nvm go awai
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Server: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-08-29 22:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ppl that writing its sad that heavy strike is crit and can't be force crited with SA for more damage are morons... Crit spell every 15 sec instead of 60 and with w/e sub, how you can not see it's best spell we ever got?
 Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rokusho
By Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho 2011-08-29 22:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

downloading test server now... i dunno im doing 8k vanitys and 10k benthics with CA+EF+SA 150tp and RR GH Apoc... so shoudl i focus on HS? or is more like a spam spell like QC?

will test and post more result

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho
By Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho 2011-08-29 22:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

soo... what would it be a good atma for HS?? VV and RR (third one is for survival apoc or MM)
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-29 22:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
It appears that Heavy Strike makes light with CDC, but something about the animation of the spell cuts off SC animations. Further testing needed but... a 772 heavy strike just sawed off way more HP than it should have.

IT++ spell, lights with chant and costs only 2 set points and 32 mp? And if I'm understanding you correctly it can light off a light?

I'm having a hard time believing that it is going to stay that good or that low on mp cost... Cause wow.
yeah some weaponskills can double light or double darkness, would make sense but there is no triple light/dark
I know, I have chant and use it to do so. Just kinda curious how much this has been tested and if this was what was intended to be said. I suppose someone could test to be sure even without seeing the sc message with an MB and see if it bursts on all 4 light based elementals. Either way... if someone uses something I can light off with chant.. then I can CA Efflux Heavy strike and get a light off my own light. That'd be win.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-08-29 22:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Gudanna (Behemoth from Fields of Valor) use Thunderbolt? Thinking Thunderbolt will probably be the most annoying to learn if Gudanna doesn't use it. Probably just have to hang out in B.dominion for people to pop Behemoth.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-29 22:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and proth's ruminator vid testing sudden lunge duration:
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-29 22:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

We owned that *** *** motha ***.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-08-29 22:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ransacked the newly affected GoV zones and only really noticed that only a couple zones have new monster spawns implemented at this point (Kuftal/Gustav). Gustav Tunnel has Pygmytoises if that helps.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-08-29 22:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho said: »
downloading test server now... i dunno im doing 8k vanitys and 10k benthics with CA+EF+SA 150tp and RR GH Apoc... so shoudl i focus on HS? or is more like a spam spell like QC?

will test and post more result

120TP RR VV SS CA+efflux HS just did 8075 damage with /nin sub. /thf sux *** lol.

Its also doing 2800 w/o any buff.

most epic spell ever.

Sudden lunge has some hardcore long stun duration >.>
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-29 23:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ingraham said: »
Ransacked the newly affected GoV zones and only really noticed that only a couple zones have new monster spawns implemented at this point (Kuftal/Gustav). Gustav Tunnel has Pygmytoises if that helps.

Hm, this makes me wonder if they're adding little behemoths too. Although, I guess there were already plenty of small adamantoises to be had.
 Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho
By Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho 2011-08-29 23:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

nice... well have to say /war is way better than /thf... so if this spell can let me trash away my /thf then be wellcome...
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-08-29 23:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought /thf was still semi decent for BT. Am I wrong? I was never a fan of blu/thf even during the cannonball days though.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-08-29 23:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
I thought /thf was still semi decent for BT. Am I wrong? I was never a fan of blu/thf even during the cannonball days though.

that's the point /thf was only an option just because of high spike nuke every 60 sec. Now you have it with any sub and every 15 sec >.>

Btw I tried HP set and atmas for fun (well my hp set on BLU sux) and White wind was curing for 2005. {Cure}{Do you need it?}
Btw it cures all ppl for 2005 regardless of their max HP
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-08-29 23:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Atoreis said: »

that's the point /thf was only an option just because of high spike nuke every 60 sec. Now you have it with any sub and every 15 sec >.>

Btw I tried HP set and atmas for fun (well my hp set on BLU sux) and White wind was curing for 2005. {Cure}{Do you need it?}
MUCH more like I expected.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-08-29 23:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

soo... what would it be a good atma for HS?? VV and RR (third one is for survival apoc or MM)

Sanguine scythe.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-08-29 23:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »

Sanguine scythe.

and SS has hp+30% so its good for white wind too..double duty atma go!
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-08-30 00:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's been mentioned here, but hadhayosh uses thunderbolt frequently, and it's not like it's hard to get a pop for him. Farm your TH sashes if you need them as well :|.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-08-30 00:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's been mentioned here, but hadhayosh uses thunderbolt frequently, and it's not like it's hard to get a pop for him. Farm your TH sashes if you need them as well :|.

Limbus is probably much easier.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-08-30 00:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Atoreis said: »

Limbus is probably much easier.

FoV Behemoth would be easiest but I don't know if it uses Thunderbolt. It uses certain moves depending on the game day. It may only use it on lightning day.
 Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho
By Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho 2011-08-30 00:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

why whould you use SS over RR??' both give crit dmg + 30... yeah SS gives you HP but i prefer dex and crit rate boost for my other spells and cdc..

of course if you want a pure HS set i would go VV SS RR or VV SS <insert str atma here>

but im talking for normal stuff... since i have almace i was thinking of VV RR and apoc... yeah i could let go apoc and use something better but...
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-08-30 01:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

of course if you want a pure HS set i would go VV SS RR or VV SS <insert str atma here>

I think thats all they were asking, was pure HS set... and honestly if i could spam an auto crit for that kind of crazy dmg.. I'm not sure i'd melee a hell of a lot lol unless I was SCing with HS.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-08-30 01:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The beauty of Heavy strike it's MP cost allowing to spam it even w/o refresh atma.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-08-30 01:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

why whould you use SS over RR??' both give crit dmg + 30... yeah SS gives you HP but i prefer dex and crit rate boost for my other spells and cdc..

but im talking for normal stuff... since i have almace i was thinking of VV RR and apoc... yeah i could let go apoc and use something better but...

Dude lol... Do I have to quote exactly what you yourself wrote?

I'll type it again for you as well: "what would it(?) be a good atma for HS?? VV and RR." Since you specifically named VV and RR, I assumed you were asking what a good 3rd atma to use for HS would be. The answer is SS.

I think thats all they were asking, was pure HS set... and honestly if i could spam an auto crit for that kind of crazy dmg.. I'm not sure i'd melee a hell of a lot lol unless I was SCing with HS.

Yeah... except the "they" is actually the same person misinterpreting his own post lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13