Dynamis Reborn!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dynamis Reborn!
Dynamis Reborn!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-03-30 13:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Cerberus.Yannie said:
Am I missing something? Why is everyone talking like anyone on the server can get into the same dynamis as your party? To me it sounds like a zone like Nyzul or Salvage. Your party gets into a dyna xarc, and the whole zone is for you. Anyone else who starts a xarc dynamis run that isnt with your party will be entered into a fresh, empty of PC, parallel zone.
Is no one else reading it like this?

It's not instanced.

has anyone said "inb4 dynamis-abyssea" yet?
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-03-30 13:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Yannie said:
Am I missing something? Why is everyone talking like anyone on the server can get into the same dynamis as your party? To me it sounds like a zone like Nyzul or Salvage. Your party gets into a dyna xarc, and the whole zone is for you. Anyone else who starts a xarc dynamis run that isnt with your party will be entered into a fresh, empty of PC, parallel zone.
Is no one else reading it like this?

Too many of the functions (monster movement ranges, confrontation status, drop pool adjustment, force pops) seem tailored for anti griefing in an open world zone. It's highly unlikely it's an instance.
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2011-03-30 13:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
New key items will replace the "Timeless Hourglass" and "Perpetual Hourglass" items needed for entry.

# The key items need only be obtained once.
# It will be made available at an affordable price via the Goblin NPCs presently dealing in hourglasses.

I am assuming this is a permanent KI which we dont need to buy it each time we want to enter. That will be awesome!
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-03-30 13:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis is ruined!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2011-03-30 17:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we r able to extend our time in those new changes dynamos after killing certain monsters to obtain a keyitem to process to extend your time. I think that's what notes said.I don't know if anyone is aware of that.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-30 17:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in your dynamis zones lottin your coins.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-03-30 17:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

should've kept dynamis the same, but add better gear or some augment piece to make AF2's compete against AF3 gear.

should've changed limbus to be able to do every day >.>
[+]
By Purpleeyes 2011-03-30 17:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
should've kept dynamis the same, but add better gear or some augment piece to make AF2's compete against AF3 gear.

Why in the world should they make AF2 compete against AF3?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-03-30 17:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Purpleeyes said:

Why in the world should they make AF2 compete against AF3?
variety of gear to choose from? in the end when we're all level 99 I don't want to see every single sam/drk/thf or w/e job look exactly the same. add some variety. just looking at everyone in jueno sporting near similar looking gear reminds me of people wearing full perle/teal/aurore gear
[+]
 Unicorn.Eriaxa
Server: Unicorn
user: Eriaxa
By Unicorn.Eriaxa 2011-03-30 17:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't mention it yet but I think there adding upgrade items to Dynamis for Relic +2 that only drop in the boss battles or something. This will force players to upgrade there relic to +1 which alot of people haven't done because the +1 are mostly crap. There making coins alot more accessible everyone and your get your Relic item -2 trade some currency plus the +1 relic and bam! Relic +2.... I mean honestly that is the next logical progression and it would add something to Dynamis. I mean who wouldn't want a Pimp Hat +2 :) I would have preferred personally that they just added some new area's but I've always been a Dynamis Junkie and this will do nicely.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-03-30 18:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

variety of gear to choose from? in the end when we're all level 99 I don't want to see every single sam/drk/thf or w/e job look exactly the same. add some variety. just looking at everyone in jueno sporting near similar looking gear reminds me of people wearing full perle/teal/aurore gear

Not possible, unless you want to make pieces with identical stats and different dats for some reason. When it comes down to it, there's always going to be a "best" option for each situation, and if people can attain it they'll wear it. Make Sam/Drk/Thf Af2+ bodies the new best, and I guarantee that as soon as people can get them, they'll be the new Walmart Turban.

I don't really understand the argument in the first place though, because the game has always been that way. At 75 every War was wearing a Haub/Ebody with Perdue+Byakkos+Turban+Dusk. Every Drk was wearing Homam+Haub/Ebody+Turban. There was a "best" combo for every job, and the only people who weren't wearing it were the ones who couldn't get it.

Upgrading old stuff so it becomes standard again isn't going to change that.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-03-30 18:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Eriaxa said:
There making coins alot more accessible everyone and your get your Relic item -2 trade some currency plus the +1 relic and bam!

Unfortunately they're lowing the drop rate on coins while in there. /sigh
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-03-30 18:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:

Not possible, unless you want to make pieces with identical stats and different dats for some reason. When it comes down to it, there's always going to be a "best" option for each situation, and if people can attain it they'll wear it. Make Sam/Drk/Thf Af2+ bodies the new best, and I guarantee that as soon as people can get them, they'll be the new Walmart Turban.

I don't really understand the argument in the first place though, because the game has always been that way. At 75 every War was wearing a Haub/Ebody with Perdue+Byakkos+Turban+Dusk. Every Drk was wearing Homam+Haub/Ebody+Turban. There was a "best" combo for every job, and the only people who weren't wearing it were the ones who couldn't get it.

Upgrading old stuff so it becomes standard again isn't going to change that.
well now since theres more options to choose from in terms of haste/str/double attack/acc etc etc. maybe add gear with different stats that appeal to people in ways of gearing. iono maybe leaning along the lines of having people look unique but still being optimally geared.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-03-30 18:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Dynamis is ruined!
aye
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-03-30 18:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

read my reasoning for saying it was woeV2, woe is a bandwagon event, dyna will be the same way. wasn't saying anything about the loot.
In what world is NewDynamis = WoE V2?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-03-30 18:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Meet the best 2009 NIN TP setup.
(senj main hand, perdu off hand)
Almost all of that ***was extremely hard to get for anyone.
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-30 18:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

afsdfasd
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 19:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

read my reasoning for saying it was woeV2, woe is a bandwagon event, dyna will be the same way. wasn't saying anything about the loot.
In what world is NewDynamis = WoE V2?
Becoming an open event where bandwagoners are free to harass as they see fit. That is woe and that is what will become of dynamis.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-03-30 19:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Becoming an open event where bandwagoners are free to harass as they see fit. That is woe and that is what will become of dynamis.

Speculatively, we still haven't heard a remotely convincing argument that it will be that way. Unlike WoE there's no reward for griefing in Dynamis, to assume people will anyway is entirely presumptuous at this point.
[+]
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-03-30 19:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

so exactly how the f&&k is lowering the drop rate allowing more currency flow? You'd think raising the drop rate whould do that.... But havin the max time 120min seems decent to me. Will kinda stop people from bot camping the TE mobs for awhile, till they find a way to abuse that Somehow. And on the WoE v.2 comment, it seems more like limbus/abyss combo than woe to me (tho I havnt done much woe since they added it$
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-03-30 20:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Moonlightespada said:
so exactly how the f&&k is lowering the drop rate allowing more currency flow? You'd think raising the drop rate whould do that.... But havin the max time 120min seems decent to me. Will kinda stop people from bot camping the TE mobs for awhile, till they find a way to abuse that Somehow. And on the WoE v.2 comment, it seems more like limbus/abyss combo than woe to me (tho I havnt done much woe since they added it$

SE is counting on everyone spamming the zones once the change is met. Only if this happens will there be more currency, more currency = more supply = lower prices. They are counting on more players logging more dynamis hours.

Look at it this way, say each of the 5 zones is used 3 times each day each time by 18 players for 3.5 hours. 5 x 3 x 3.5 x 18 = 945 player hours in each zone lotting currency. With all the zones open and entry conditions almost non-existent there will most likely be over 470 players dynamis-ing each day in throughout all 5 zones, earning more currency than the shells that used to do it before the update.

er I hope that makes sense...
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 20:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Speculatively, we still haven't heard a remotely convincing argument that it will be that way. Unlike WoE there's no reward for griefing in Dynamis, to assume people will anyway is entirely presumptuous at this point.
of course, everything at this point is speculative. If it happens that way I would hate to say I told you so... (SE has done plenty Derpy things up to this point, *** dyna up wouldn't surprise me)
By Mahoro577 2011-03-31 10:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Solara said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

of course, everything at this point is speculative. If it happens that way I would hate to say I told you so... (SE has done plenty Derpy things up to this point, *** dyna up wouldn't surprise me)

At least you finally admitted this, after crapping up the thread with the most doom-saying speculation I've seen in awhile.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-31 15:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Mahoro577 said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Solara said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

At least you finally admitted this, after crapping up the thread with the most doom-saying speculation I've seen in awhile.
That goes without saying Derpy Hooves, anytime someone debates about something that isn't out yet. And what are you new? There has been far more negative things being said about a lot of things recently.
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2011-03-31 15:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think some of you long time dynamis players have anything to worry about from us casuals. Sure, we can go in without needing a shell, but unless something else changes, there will still be zones we can't enter. Without zone wins, there is no way I will be able to take your thf hands or rdm hat (not that I care about rdm).

Just makes me sad that I'll never experience dynamis the way it was originally.
By Mahoro577 2011-04-01 11:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Mahoro577 said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Solara said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

That goes without saying Derpy Hooves, anytime someone debates about something that isn't out yet. And what are you new? There has been far more negative things being said about a lot of things recently.

Sure, about things that are ALREADY out. All I'm saying is you and others in this thread have already declared Dynamis as either "ruined" or "WoE v2" when we just have to wait till the update to see how it will play out. I highly doubt that Dynamis will become the "griefing fields" people are making them out to be when 3/4 of the stuff that drops in it has been rendered obsolete, but time will tell.