Dynamis Reborn!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dynamis Reborn!
Dynamis Reborn!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 10:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
am i the only one thinking that this wasn't needed? once everyone, or the majority, have got what they needed, the older events will be back to normal. i mean salvage and einherjar is picking back up, it wouldnt be long before dyna and campaign picks back up as well.

It's like saying abyssea isn't needed because everyone will get everything they need one day =/

They are just adjusting content to make people happy about older events, it should ease up making relics and upgrading them which is a nice thing.
turning it into woeV2 isnt going to make anything any easier.

and no it's not like saying abyssea isnt needed, it's like saying changing a working setup isnt needed.

there is already a low need for gil, now they are removing yet another gil sink (hourglass)
[+]
By Drjones 2011-03-30 10:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It really just sounds like they're turning Dynamis into a clone of other content, which is dumb. I want more options, not fewer.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-03-30 10:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

turning it into woeV2 isnt going to make anything any easier.

individual groups get claims to certain mobs, individual groups get claim to nms, individual groups get their own TEs

and mobs respawn quickly and drops are not in a global pool

sounds a lot like woe you are right
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 10:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

allow me to elaborate:

there isnt an excuse to have money go to one person with this change, and people will pop up to be *** anyways. so you may be able to do it more often, but your justification for having currency go to one person is out the window. sure you can go more often, but currency will be less prominent, people will have every af2, people that want to go want currency for the most part, and will end up being a lot war, thus taking far longer to get your relic done at a more annoying rate of doing so. not to mention this will just be like woe, which people are terribly annoyed with to begin with due to how many people that show up just to be a lootwhore. the individual claims are for the mega bosses only. and really, if the only thing left to spend money on is red curry i cant see how there will not be an inflation of gil much like it was a couple years back.
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-03-30 11:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well a few years back was because there was something like 11 billion duped gil on the servers. But I can understand the comparison. But honestly not that much gil is spent on glass. A for relic upgraders take the 500 k not spent on glass and buy currency from your group.

Edit: I don't want it to change at all but really don't have a choice.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-30 11:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So for those poor relic upgraders who saw their Dynamis LSs fall and break to Abyssea, this update now means that they will have to grind through Dynamis for a far greater number of times to try finsh what they had started, simply because they (SE) have not fixed the main issue with Dynamis, which is the crap outdated drops, and decided instead to cut down on the only thing that was still valuable.. I'm not excited, at all.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 11:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Zolan said:
Well a few years back was because there was something like 11 billion duped gil on the servers. But I can understand the comparison. But honestly not that much gil is spent on glass. A for relic upgraders take the 500 k not spent on glass and buy currency from your group
depending if they'd want to part with it, i mean if you could do dyna once a day i could forsee getting all of your major af2 under a week (that is if you dont already have any)

and yeah i know 500k isnt alot, it was still a a gil sink which SE is slowly removing =/

Valefor.Zolan said:

Edit: I don't want it to change at all but really don't have a choice.
yeah no joke, i'll still *** alllllll the way home though!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 11:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
allow me to elaborate:

there isnt an excuse to have money go to one person with this change, and people will pop up to be *** anyways. so you may be able to do it more often, but your justification for having currency go to one person is out the window. sure you can go more often, but currency will be less prominent, people will have every af2, people that want to go want currency for the most part, and will end up being a lot war, thus taking far longer to get your relic done at a more annoying rate of doing so. not to mention this will just be like woe, which people are terribly annoyed with to begin with due to how many people that show up just to be a lootwhore. the individual claims are for the mega bosses only. and really, if the only thing left to spend money on is red curry i cant see how there will not be an inflation of gil much like it was a couple years back.

It's not WoE ... you kill stuff and they drop items. While in WoE you need to be in the top players to earn chests. Also loot pool is not shared with other alliances.

Inflation is possible, but a 500k glass twice a week wasn't affecting it much.
perhaps you missed the whole point of it being woeV2 that it lets anyone come rain in on your parade. removing instance was stupid.

currency will also drop in price, yet not increase in supply.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-30 11:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Currency will not necessarily drop in price since some people will feel like attempting to lowman Relics, pretty much like people lowman Empyreans. It's just a matter of grinding after all, right?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-30 11:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaitaru said:
I suppose this would anger players who like to piss away 500k a run for underpar weapons, but I see it as a good move. I would take a free run every day over 500k a pop and have something to do other than abbysea. Ppl complaining about the drop rates when your getting in free.....lol?

The thing is... The only relic equipment people will want are pieces that effect skills, or if you're a completionist.

Once those are gotten, Dyna will die again.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 11:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaitaru said:
I suppose this would anger players who like to piss away 500k a run for underpar weapons, but I see it as a good move. I would take a free run every day over 500k a pop and have something to do other than abbysea. Ppl complaining about the drop rates when your getting in free.....lol?
people dont want to spend 2 hours everyday doing the same thing they were doing before @ twice a week for 4 hours or so.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-30 11:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a matter of paying 500k to enter. I'd still do it if I could enter more frequently.
It's going in to see the much needed currency drop at a reduced frequency, going in to see another group fighting the mob you were going after etc.

If you see Dynamis as a solution to Abyssea overdose then I salute you for choosing the one event which has the least appeal and reason for attending other than finishing an "underpar" weapon, unless of course you are still missing a D.chap or TH hands that is
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-30 11:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I love all the upset ppl already when we truly have no idea how it will effect anything.

Changes sound nice to me personally..I disliked dynamis before but puting a 2 hour cap on it with mobs that respawn and are restricted to a certain area sounds good too.

And for the people that called it a WoE Ver2 learn to read before you post.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-03-30 11:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Lol I love all the upset ppl already when we truly have no idea how it will effect anything.

And for the people that called it a WoE Ver2 learn to read before you post.

If we don't know how it will effect anything, who are you to say it isn't WoE Ver2? ***.

And anyways, it doesn't matter, as the update notes specifically said that currency drop rates will be lower - which is what the majority of people are concerned about. (Whether they're after a relic themselves, or suffering through getting someone else a relic.)
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-30 11:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ok fine. For people saying that it will be a ninja power fight all over again need to read. We do know that much.

It said that drops will work like regular fights do..and once a group of 18 claim no one else can touch the mob or help the group.
 Sylph.Biginallways
Server: Sylph
user: Biggie87
By Sylph.Biginallways 2011-03-30 11:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Changing dynamis is absolutely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE when you consider how many people still do it. They should be more worried about sky and limbus. I'm not gonna knock the changes till I try it out, but changing it in the first place seemed pretty stupid to me when other content is in more dire need of revamping.
[+]
 Siren.Eremes
Server: Siren
user: Eremes
By Siren.Eremes 2011-03-30 11:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

With respect to attestations, I think SE is banking on the reduced interest in Dynamis to offset the absolutely ludicrous "waiting around for this ally to finish up" nonsense in a timed zone with limited time extensions.

I'd imagine (or at least hope) the respawn timer on Dynamis mobs will be extremely low, which, combined with the daily entry, might offset the drop rate reduction.

I'm curious if there will be an analogue for Alexandrite.

I wonder why Dreamlands Dynamis are not included in the notes. Do we still need 500k hourglasses and a 3-day delay to enter Tavnazia? A vast majority of items I still actually want from Dynamis are from Dreamlands.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-30 11:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

On the plus side, maybe I can finally get my windy win now lol.
 Cerberus.Shanian
Server: Cerberus
user: Shanian
By Cerberus.Shanian 2011-03-30 11:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Better than i expected, not gonna make getting relics much easier, which is good. Don't want relics to be as easy as emps.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-30 11:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Biginallways said:
Changing dynamis is absolutely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE when you consider how many people still do it. They should be more worried about sky and limbus. I'm not gonna knock the changes till I try it out, but changing it in the first place seemed pretty stupid to me when other content is in more dire need of revamping.
Ehh I think Dynamis needed changing but tbh I thought they were going to increase currency drops to help ppl get relics faster...but it doesn't sound like that is happeneing.

I don't know how they would revamp Sky..they could give everything new drops but that would be a huge project.

Same goes for limbus I guess. It all depends on how good the augments are to get in the upcoming updates. Would have to be better than Af3+2 tho which I really can't imagine.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 12:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
perhaps you missed the whole point of it being woeV2 that it lets anyone come rain in on your parade. removing instance was stupid.

Read the OP again, how can they "ruin your parade"?

Monsters will respawn, if the respawn rate anything like abyssea, what's the problem? It'll just be a merit style burn for currency AF2. There will be a bunch of camps, the maps are pretty huge and you don't have an infinite amount of time in the zone.

Also, dynamis was never instanced it was reservation of the zone which is the stupidest system ever because you lock in the zone for 3 hours.
because dark lord pops every 5 minutes and people cant ruin that for you. right.......
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-30 12:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They already came up with a way to revamp old events such as Sky and Limbus.

Once people are aware they can augment (it all depends on how good the augments will turn out to be) their cursed/Limbus armor I'm willing to bet many people will feel like going back to those events to either get new Abj. for HQ (since HQ armor is currently cheap) or to finally get those Homam pants that not everyone got away with before Abyssea.

These old events won't survive forever though, as FFXI playerbase is still diminishing and oldschool players feel they either need a new event or simply move onto something else irl, while newer players simply don't see the reason for doing Sky for some BH when they can get 6-7 Haste legs on Abyssea AF3. Again, it all depends on how good the augments turn out to be.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-30 12:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup cus the only thing in dynamis is DL..
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 12:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Yup cus the only thing in dynamis is DL..
aside from currency, it is.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-30 12:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, DL definitely has the best drops compared to the remaining relic armor.

Post deleted by User.