Dynamis Reborn!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dynamis Reborn!
Dynamis Reborn!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-03-30 09:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

# Along with the reduction of the entry time restriction, the amount of Ancient Currency earned per session will be lowered. Overall, this change should increase the Ancient Currency distributed across the World.

Garbage!!!

All they are doing is saying that you need to be in there MORE in order to net the same amount of currency. On top of that the session time will be lowered to 2 hours instead of 3 1/2. This means that the MAXIMUM time per week you can play in Dynamis will only be <2x longer than it is now.

The only way this will make more currency overall is if people start spamming Dynamis everyday, assuming they are so bored of Abyssea, which no doubt some people are. No doubt there are also MANY people who haven't rung out all their +2 sets for all their jobs. Assuming there is a level cap increase in the next update the mobs will be easier, but I doubt anything but spamming zones everyday will net you MORE currency than any current shell gets now.

Unless (and it seems a tad unclear) you can run windy and then run sandy right after it. But I doubt that is the case
[+]
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-03-30 09:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So its going to be like walk of echos but whoever gets the kill shot gets the item, oh that's just awesome I love having people outside of the alliance walking in snipping kill shots for currency and tossing every piece of gear they don't need just so they can get currency.

I don't think it will be as bad as this makes it sound. This update note really lacks any description. It doesn't say the number of max people that can enter has changed so it's still the same as the old one, and what about dreamland? They are getting rid of the ability to buy hourglasses but dreamlands will still need them to get access... in other words there is no more dreamland dyna and no more relic +1 gear.
By Serj 2011-03-30 09:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
Serj said:
Quote:
* Battles will be conducted in Confrontation format, with a maximum of 18 players able to participate.
*Confrontation: A unique battle format in which the combatants are isolated from all non-alliance players and monsters for the duration of the battle.

That makes it seem like when you pop a boss, it's going to auto-instance your group to the boss fight. That would be pretty damn cool, honestly.
maybe a comparable thing like Sandworm?
kill a certain nm etc and get warped into another area.

I'm more so thinking that once you pop the nm, it isolates your group and the boss in a separate state where you can't see / interact with anyone outside of it. It would allow multiple groups to pop and fight the boss at the same time.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-03-30 09:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
Serj said:
Quote:
* Battles will be conducted in Confrontation format, with a maximum of 18 players able to participate.
*Confrontation: A unique battle format in which the combatants are isolated from all non-alliance players and monsters for the duration of the battle.

That makes it seem like when you pop a boss, it's going to auto-instance your group to the boss fight. That would be pretty damn cool, honestly.

Yeah no lol try like the augment fights in VOS or sky, only your group can touch it and noone else can help you
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2011-03-30 09:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Cerberus.Savannah said:
Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
I dislike the fact that it will no more be istanced, meaning like abyssea and WOE everyone can come in and it will obviously be a ninjapopwar... T_T

And everyone who is all "zomg this is gonna be awesome i can't wait!!!" is gonna end up being "zomg QQ they popped it and now we have to wait for respawn QQ *butthurt* */shout profanity*"

cuz people still care about AF2.

Caring or not i'd like to have a duelist hat once in my life xD just for the show. And besides AF2 there is still currency/relics and people that wants them D:
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-30 09:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said:
So its going to be like walk of echos but whoever gets the kill shot gets the item, oh that's just awesome I love having people outside of the alliance walking in snipping kill shots for currency and tossing every piece of gear they don't need just so they can get currency.

I don't think it will be as bad as this makes it sound. This update note really lacks any description. It doesn't say the number of max people that can enter has changed so it's still the same as the old one, and what about dreamland? They are getting rid of the ability to buy hourglasses but dreamlands will still need them to get access... in other words there is no more dreamland dyna and no more relic +1 gear.

They said it has the same claim mechanics as outside Dynamis... in other words if you claim it, it's yours.
By Serj 2011-03-30 09:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said:

What? It isn't going to be like WoE in any way. It's standard claiming.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-03-30 09:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Serj said:
Quote:

I'm more so thinking that once you pop the nm, it isolates your group and the boss in a separate state where you can't see / interact with anyone outside of it. It would allow multiple groups to pop and fight the boss at the same time.
Maybe like Bhaflau ramparts?
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-03-30 09:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said:
mobs will give exp therefor it is a closed pool system. only inside a party or alliance you can lot on dropped items you defeat with your ppl.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-03-30 09:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much agree with Hyp on this one. Unless they add something new to dynamis, I can't see myself doing it.

Don't care about relic gear or upgrading a relic weapon. This change won't make any difference to me.
 Phoenix.Princessrin
By Phoenix.Princessrin 2011-03-30 09:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

iono about you guys but i'm excited :3
By Serj 2011-03-30 09:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Serj said:
Quote:

Yeah no lol try like the augment fights in VOS or sky, only your group can touch it and noone else can help you

Again, no. Read how they worded it. If it was like FoV augments, it would be like standard popping / claiming, which they didn't say it was.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-30 09:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Cerberus.Savannah said:
Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
I dislike the fact that it will no more be istanced, meaning like abyssea and WOE everyone can come in and it will obviously be a ninjapopwar... T_T

And everyone who is all "zomg this is gonna be awesome i can't wait!!!" is gonna end up being "zomg QQ they popped it and now we have to wait for respawn QQ *butthurt* */shout profanity*"

cuz people still care about AF2.

Caring or not i'd like to have a duelist hat once in my life xD just for the show. And besides AF2 there is still currency/relics and people that wants them D:

What is going to make it harder to get? It will still drop from fodder mobs of which respawn w/o specific requirements like ye olde. Not to mention you can go inside whenever you want w/o an established group, EVERY DAY for 2hours. There is no reason to *** about AF2 competition (who isn't capped on this ***anyway..) Only cause for complaint is people who still want to pursue a relic for whatever crazy reason and use Dynamis as their sole means for obtaining every bit of currency. Need to also realize with more casual/people doing Dyna, you will be able to buy more currency as well.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-30 09:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Loooks kinda lame to me... guess I'm not making anni after all
By Serj 2011-03-30 09:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Serj said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Serj said:
Quote:

Yea, but multiple can be popped and fought at the same time. And only with bosses.
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-03-30 09:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Serj said:
Quote:

Again, no. Read how they worded it. If it was like FoV augments, it would be like standard popping / claiming, which they didn't say it was.
Wat lol confrontation status = like garrison and fov augment fights
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-30 09:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it does sound like FOV/Garrison.
[+]
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-03-30 09:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:

All they are doing is saying that you need to be in there MORE in order to net the same amount of currency. On top of that the session time will be lowered to 2 hours instead of 3 1/2. This means that the MAXIMUM time per week you can play in Dynamis will only be <2x longer than it is now.

2x7=14 3x2=6(not all zones have 3.5 hrs) even then 3.5x2=7 hours which is still x2 not less then x2.

Cerberus.Zandra said:

The only way this will make more currency overall is if people start spamming Dynamis everyday, assuming they are so bored of Abyssea, which no doubt some people are. No doubt there are also MANY people who haven't rung out all their +2 sets for all their jobs. Assuming there is a level cap increase in the next update the mobs will be easier, but I doubt anything but spamming zones everyday will net you MORE currency than any current shell gets now.

Unless (and it seems a tad unclear) you can run windy and then run sandy right after it. But I doubt that is the case

It creates more currency over all in the server IF and only IF the % of time spent in dyna on the server increases by a % greater then currency rate lowering. You are all acting like currency is rare/ex it's not. You CAN sale it and this would be a great way for rmt's to make money now days so they will most likely be in there everyday all day. So yes the amount of currency on your server can increase but most likely will not. But we know SE never does adjustments properly it all ways over lowers.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-03-30 09:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Actually it does sound like FOV/Garrison.
Yeah now that its been brought up, that sounds like what it will be.
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-03-30 09:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are trying to make this too complicated lul its SE yo!
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-03-30 09:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to bed rin! Haha ;p
By Serj 2011-03-30 09:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Serj said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Serj said:
Quote:

You can read all you want in to it, but we don't know until they elaborate more. Calling it a unique battle format suggests that it isn't like anything in the game currently. If it was like another event, they would compare it as such, I'd hope.
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-03-30 09:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Serj said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Serj said:
Quote:

You can read all you want in to it, but we don't know until they elaborate more. Calling it a unique battle format suggests that it isn't like anything in the game currently. If it was like another event, they would compare it as such, I'd hope.

^ I don't think we will know really anything about how it work's until we start doing it. Until then its speculation based on SE's normal FU wording they do
 Phoenix.Princessrin
By Phoenix.Princessrin 2011-03-30 09:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Go to bed rin! Haha ;p

>: no dude. can't sleep.
and why aren't you on skype~?

fcking paco is passed the eff out >:
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-03-30 09:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It explicitly says Confrontation which is a word they have used before, not sure why you are arguing this it makes sense lol...
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-30 09:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Princessrin said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Go to bed rin! Haha ;p
>: no dude.
can't sleep. and why aren't you on skype~?
Do eet!
By Serj 2011-03-30 09:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
It explicitly says Confrontation which is a word they have used before, not sure why you are arguing this it makes sense lol...

Well, why didn't you say that before?
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-03-30 09:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Serj said:
Ragnarok.Corres said:
Serj said:
Quote:

More like the the Allied Notes Notorious Monster battles that people used to do before the cap increase (also, the NMs people would fight to augment gear...like the NM doll in Sky and the NM turtle in Valley of Sorrows). I assume this is how Confrontations will work in the new Dynamis.

For those who never did ANNMs, you'd gather a group of friends and make sure everyone bought the needed KIs to participate in the battle. At the popsite, one person would click on the ??? and initiate the battle. This would spawn the NMs in a Confrontation setting.

In Confrontation, players outside the party/alliance cannot interact with the players in the Confrontation. No outside cures, hastes, or raises. Also, the local mobs will not aggro anyone in the Confrontation.

Players in the Confrontation who move too far away from the battle area will be ejected from the fight (warnings do appear beforehand in the chatlog). Also, I think the battle will end if the NMs are dragged outside the battle area. Once again, the chatlog will issue warnings.

The Confrontation ends when all the players are dead, all the NMs are dead, or if all the players run from the battle area to drop out of the fight.
[+]
 Phoenix.Princessrin
By Phoenix.Princessrin 2011-03-30 09:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Princessrin said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Go to bed rin! Haha ;p
>: no dude.
can't sleep. and why aren't you on skype~?
Do eet!

dude man im leveling my brd. gtfo lol :)
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-03-30 09:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: meh, someone beat me to it.
[+]