Dynamis Reborn!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dynamis Reborn!
Dynamis Reborn!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-30 12:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

By non alliance members they mean like other ls' runnin in your ***? I thought it just meant like when a ls brings in a second ally @.@
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 12:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
perhaps you missed the whole point of it being woeV2 that it lets anyone come rain in on your parade. removing instance was stupid.

Read the OP again, how can they "ruin your parade"?

Monsters will respawn, if the respawn rate anything like abyssea, what's the problem? It'll just be a merit style burn for currency AF2. There will be a bunch of camps, the maps are pretty huge and you don't have an infinite amount of time in the zone.

Also, dynamis was never instanced it was reservation of the zone which is the stupidest system ever because you lock in the zone for 3 hours.
because dark lord pops every 5 minutes and people cant ruin that for you. right.......

Technicaly it would be every minute since it'll be a pop NM...
so it would be like abyssea where you get all of the duke's ki for everyone for a straight week and pop DL 18 times on a saturday.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 12:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
perhaps you missed the whole point of it being woeV2 that it lets anyone come rain in on your parade. removing instance was stupid.

Read the OP again, how can they "ruin your parade"?

Monsters will respawn, if the respawn rate anything like abyssea, what's the problem? It'll just be a merit style burn for currency AF2. There will be a bunch of camps, the maps are pretty huge and you don't have an infinite amount of time in the zone.

Also, dynamis was never instanced it was reservation of the zone which is the stupidest system ever because you lock in the zone for 3 hours.
because dark lord pops every 5 minutes and people cant ruin that for you. right.......

Technicaly it would be every minute since it'll be a pop NM...
so it would be like abyssea where you get all of the duke's ki for everyone for a straight week and pop DL 18 times on a saturday.

Because DL is long to kill lol.
you missed the point lol

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 12:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
18 DL in lets say 45mins to be very generous, versus 1 DL every 3h30. I don't know which system *** block people the most.
it's a shame im not on caitsith, cause i'd love to camp your duke's.

figure it out yet?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-03-30 12:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Quote:
Trigger items will be introduced as a new spawn condition for certain notorious monsters (NMs).

Battling boss NMs:

Battles will be conducted in Confrontation format, with a maximum of 18 players able to participate.
*Confrontation: A unique battle format in which the combatants are isolated from all non-alliance players and monsters for the duration of the battle.
Key items obtained from boss monsters will be awarded to all alliance members.

***, reading is hard.

Does anyone in this thread actually have a valid complaint beyond "Leaders can't have all currency anymore"?
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 12:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
It's a shame nobody managed ot get empy's when the NM's were 30-60min respawn right?
time can be limitless in abyssea
most NM's are pop NM's where as maybe 1 of the NM's in the chain roams
you can pretty much be in abyssea as much as you want.
you are limited to 2 hours in dyna a day
you would be pissed to see a DNC just chillin there with a mob you need for your NM
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-03-30 12:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Even speaking from a LV75 lowman perspective like myself and a few friends will be doing, this is good news.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 12:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Quote:
Trigger items will be introduced as a new spawn condition for certain notorious monsters (NMs).

Battling boss NMs:

Battles will be conducted in Confrontation format, with a maximum of 18 players able to participate.
*Confrontation: A unique battle format in which the combatants are isolated from all non-alliance players and monsters for the duration of the battle.

***, reading is hard.

Does anyone in this thread actually have a valid complaint beyond "Leaders can't have all currency anymore"?
well that justifies my original point, the ki granted to alliance grants the alliance access to the "battlefield" your day is *** if someone decides to sit on one of the mini bosses.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 12:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:

Have fun killing the same duke 18 times in a row.
oh please if you read it as well, you would have not replied with the time constraints on killing DL 18 times

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 12:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:

Have fun killing the same duke 18 times in a row.
oh please if you read it as well, you would have not replied with the time constraints on killing DL 18 times

I got carried away and forgot about that part, if you think your point still stand after reading that line you pretty much have a stick up your ***.

Do you honestly think there was no griefing tactics with the old dynamis? Ever seen mules holding dynamis zones?
and the people either moved to a different dyna or waited, yes im aware. im just pointing it out that it is easier to grief people now.

or as another example, one could just jishnu the eyes, thus not allowing the NMs to pop.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-03-30 12:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
well that justifies my original point, the ki granted to alliance grants the alliance access to the "battlefield" your day is *** if someone decides to sit on one of the mini bosses.

Someone who also only has two hours in the zone. That is, at best, only comparable to having someone ninja your zone before you enter, it cost you nothing but pushing it back to the next day.

More importantly, unlike Abyssea, no one has a valid reason to hold it. They need to get done and move on just as much as you do, have finite mp/hp, no auto reraise, no hope of outside help, and no means for extending time or re entering. Moreover, anyone who is taking that long is obviously not meeting their objectives for the time extensions, and will have less than 2hr by default.

You're grasping at straws.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 12:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Someone who also only has two hours in the zone. That is, at best, only comparable to having someone ninja your zone before you enter, it cost you nothing but pushing it back to the next day.

More importantly, unlike Abyssea, no one has a valid reason to hold it. They need to get done and move on just as much as you do, have finite mp/hp, no auto reraise, no hope of outside help, and no means for extending time or re entering. Moreover, anyone who is taking that long is obviously not meeting their objectives for the time extensions, and will have less than 2hr by default.

have you forgot how much of a *** the entire server of asura is? i mean honestly i could name several who would do it just because they are bored.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-30 12:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You people act like any of that gear will be relevant for most part. I can basically see only casuals trying to do most of it, not high end LS's... Most of them are already capped on that ***. I will do it just for fun and I don't have the SL items yet but I am capped on AF2. This is another case of people wanting EVERYTHING NOW, take it slow... Nobody does Dynamis that often nowdays and I doubt it will change much...
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-30 12:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Solara said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

have you forgot how much of a *** the entire server of asura is? i mean honestly i could name several who would do it just because they are bored.

New server then, Asura was always ***.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-03-30 12:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Battling attestation- and fragment-yielding NMs:

The format will change to standard battles in which a maximum of 18 players face a single foe.
These NMs will no longer use Warp.

Battling boss NMs:

Monster claim and item drops will work the same way as in regular fields and dungeons.
Monsters will yield experience points (excluding certain NMs).
Treasure:

There are no plans to change the drop rate of Relic equipment.
Along with the reduction of the entry time restriction, the amount of Ancient Currency earned per session will be lowered. Overall, this change should increase the Ancient Currency distributed across the World.

based on this... i dont get where you all are thinking that it will be anything like WoE... seems like it will drop to the party or the alliance, and for that matter max 18 people fighting NM's seems pretty straight forward about the matter also....
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-03-30 12:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Several who could do it for, at most, 1 hr a day? That's under the assumption that they can even manage to hold an nm without atma/cruour buffs for long enough to create a nuisance?

I've been on Asura since 03, I know there are definitely some *** players, but I also know that it's entirely exaggerated how much those players can manage to do.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 12:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
Battling attestation- and fragment-yielding NMs:

The format will change to standard battles in which a maximum of 18 players face a single foe.
These NMs will no longer use Warp.

Battling boss NMs:

Monster claim and item drops will work the same way as in regular fields and dungeons.
Monsters will yield experience points (excluding certain NMs).
Treasure:

There are no plans to change the drop rate of Relic equipment.
Along with the reduction of the entry time restriction, the amount of Ancient Currency earned per session will be lowered. Overall, this change should increase the Ancient Currency distributed across the World.

based on this... i dont get where you all are thinking that it will be anything like WoE... seems like it will drop to the party or the alliance, and for that matter max 18 people fighting NM's seems pretty straight forward about the matter also....
read my reasoning for saying it was woeV2, woe is a bandwagon event, dyna will be the same way. wasn't saying anything about the loot.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-30 12:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Several who could do it for, at most, 1 hr a day? That's under the assumption that they can even manage to hold an nm without atma/cruour buffs for long enough to create a nuisance?

I've been on Asura since 03, I know there are definitely some *** players, but I also know that it's entirely exaggerated how much those players can manage to do.
the NM's aren't particularly strong, i mean if my dnc can solo the dukes just fine i'd imagine our resident trolls are capable of doing so. if someone doesnt like you or holds a grudge for you, it's not hard to keep track of what you are doing. similar to what happened with woe.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-03-30 13:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

the NM's aren't particularly strong, i mean if my dnc can solo the dukes just fine i'd imagine our resident trolls are capable of doing so. if someone doesnt like you or holds a grudge for you, it's not hard to keep track of what you are doing. similar to what happened with woe.

You must deal with different trolls than I do, most of them are barely above mediocre. And again, the system design in this instance works against them, and limits their ability to successfully disrupt your activity.

At best, they can block you from a single target for a portion of your run. As soon as they leave it to attempt to block another mob you want, you're free to take the previous one, and worst case they'll be ejected from the zone while you're only 50% through your time allotment.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-03-30 13:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kugata said:

+ New key items will replace the "Timeless Hourglass" and "Perpetual Hourglass" items needed for entry.

# The key items need only be obtained once.

Does this mean that once you have the key item its good for unlimited runs?? If thats the case then even if the price remains at 500k then that seems like a pretty good deal for ppl serious about relic's.
 Cerberus.Yannie
Server: Cerberus
user: TheYannie
By Cerberus.Yannie 2011-03-30 13:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I missing something? Why is everyone talking like anyone on the server can get into the same dynamis as your party? To me it sounds like a zone like Nyzul or Salvage. Your party gets into a dyna xarc, and the whole zone is for you. Anyone else who starts a xarc dynamis run that isnt with your party will be entered into a fresh, empty of PC, parallel zone.
Is no one else reading it like this?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.