What Will You Do When FFXI Does Disolve?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What will you do when FFXI does disolve?
What will you do when FFXI does disolve?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-06-16 03:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously you had uncool parents.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-06-16 03:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll put all my 99 jobs and all my relics/empyreans on my Job resume as I apply for McDonalds.
[+]
 Phoenix.Novaria
user: Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-06-16 03:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Phoenix.Novaria said:
I have been very seriously considering letting them play now but we only have 2 comps at the moment (plus one that belongs to my brother in law who lives with us so I guess 3 actually) so when they DO play we won't be able to play with them...

They play minecraft together in fact they are right now (I'm quite lenient about bedtimes in the summer...probably TOO lenient actually >.>)

I'm raising uber nerds and I'm so proud...lol

My husband (Felos) and I should probably talk about them playing...maybe we could start them off by giving them each one of our mules...my son already knows little things like movement and fishing and minor combat and that's all I knew when I started so I'm sure he'll do great...he even uses my macros for me when I'm outside smoking...

My daughter knows less but it's enough to get started I think.

I'm not worried about profanity my husband and I swear like sailors my husband especially...but I DO worry about other stuff...I've seen quite a few horrible horrible things in my time in this game...

Thanks for your opinions maybe having them will help me convince my husband to give them a chance early!

yeah awesome

i've always kinda wished my parents cared enough to get me hooked on crack before i hit puberty

don't know why they never made the effort

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! (I'm pretty sure you are sarcastically making fun of me wanting my kids to play but I find the delivery quite hilarious so BRAVO!)
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-06-16 03:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:

I'll put all my 99 jobs and all my relics/empyreans on my Job resume as I apply for McDonalds.
Yes, nice. But your cooking is level 0. I'm sorry, applicants must be level 20 or above.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-06-16 03:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

pfft i can put ***into a microwave and wrap it up
My papercaft is 60!
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-06-16 03:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amael said:
I knew he was related to Art, but didn't knew his wife played too. He does Einherjar with our LS ^^
Amazed 'cuz kinda cool you two play together.

Oh then I have done Einherjar with you a couple times too I think...well I have done Einherjar a couple of times and they were both with Felos and Art when they went with CartoucheLS (partnered with another LS whose name I don't remember) I wanted to continue but Cartouche like died or something...sad panda seriously...

Anyway, cool that you know my Bro-In-Law and my husband...I know a few married couples that play ffxi together though Felos and I are the only ones I know that actually have kids too...we're so old...ugh
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-06-16 03:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ಠ_ಠ

Edit for Novaria: Danicah and Crucible are also a married couple who play and have kids. They have their own AbysseaLS. Cool people.
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-06-16 03:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
pfft i can put ***into a microwave and wrap it up
My papercaft is 60!

AWESOME!

Though I havce to admit McDs around here is pretty pissy about the cooking skill...apparently they seem to think you can't use a microwave if you don't have lvl 20+ skill... :(

(I am SO sorry for derailing this thread like I have...)

Seriously when the game dies, which I don't see happening for QUITE some time, even though it WILL eventually happen I will probably try and Fail to find a new MMo to play at night...
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-06-16 03:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

you can play some Rift with the cool kids once this dies down!
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-06-16 03:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you think the cool kids will actually let me?

And WTR is RIFT anyway? maybe I should google it...
By Inuyasha 2011-06-16 04:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

just before this game dies..im gunna go on a farmgasm of THF relic gloves...I will not have the FFXI apocolypse occure without my THgloves...I did this for joyeuse too...before the fake Zombie Apocolypse :/

Anyway, If it WHERE TO END...I will most likely go find a job...and then the withdrawls wil set in and i'll lose said job..and then ill just sit around and have many of those fail moments where i try to log in...but cant...
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-06-16 04:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Novaria said:

it's a fun MMO some people ont he forums play with me, including Krizz. check out the Rift general post :D
 Leviathan.Solare
Server: Leviathan
user: Solare
By Leviathan.Solare 2011-06-16 04:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You people who say you'd ACTUALLY find a job, is sad. I HIGHLY doubt anytime in the future, FFXI will die. Take a look at Everquest, etc. Still kicking. FFXI will be the next Everquest. Forever there.

Possible you should find a job now. Or you'r going to be forever alone.
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-06-16 04:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
Phoenix.Novaria said:

it's a fun MMO some people ont he forums play with me, including Krizz. check out the Rift general post :D

Guess I'll have to check it out...I will totally suck at it though just so you know...lol

Leviathan.Solare said:
You people who say you'd ACTUALLY find a job, is sad. I HIGHLY doubt anytime in the future, FFXI will die. Take a look at Everquest, etc. Still kicking. FFXI will be the next Everquest. Forever there.

My name is Novaria and I approve of this message.

ok going to bed...tomorrow I am going to actually PLAY ffxi...
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-06-16 10:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be sad because of nostalgia if ffxi died. It was the first game that I ever really played.

We don't play as often anymore. We don't have a linkshell except for limbus, and while we are perfectly capable of doing most things on our own, it's boring and lonely without people there to talk to. We mostly just log on every Tuesday night and Friday night for limbus, then log back off when limbus is done.

It's funny, we aren't sure we want another linkshell because we've been burned by them and by almost every close friend we've made in game (most of whom we met on our linkshells). We're wary to get another one or get close to more people. But without other people, we don't really have any reason to play.

I'll be sad for nostalgia if ffxi ever ends. It won't make a huge difference in my life because we've been moving on to other things. Recently, Hunted: The Demon's Forge came out, and that was the very first game I saw the trailer of and immediately wanted. So my husband helped get me set up on Steam, and we bought it. We've been playing it with him as Caddoc and me as E'lara, and I am really enjoying that. I'm looking for more fantasy-type games that cater to just two people playing in cooperation. But even if I don't play ffxi all that much anymore, it will still be a sad day if it ever ends.
 Sylph.Spency
Server: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2011-06-16 10:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You shoulda come to Fairy/Sylph and we could have started our own LS!
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-06-16 10:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

We considered it! Not going to any particular server, but we considered server-hopping just to see some fresh faces. But then Odin and Ifrit merged, so we considered that a free server-hop involving the entire server. You should come here!
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-16 10:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Solare said:

The only problem with that logic is the fact that Everquest has consistently been updated with expansion packs. If XI's the same then yeah I agree, if they expect the game to survive without adding a lot more content at 99 they're sorely mistaken.

Simply put the survival of this game will be heavily dependant on the amount of content available for a level 99 player. If there's little content then people will reach the level then get bored. If there's a lot of content (like there was at 75) then the game will persevere.
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2011-06-16 10:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
We considered it! Not going to any particular server, but we considered server-hopping just to see some fresh faces. But then Odin and Ifrit merged, so we considered that a free server-hop involving the entire server. You should come here!

I don't play anymore.

I will be a lowly 1BLM/1NIN forever! (If I were on Spence and not Spency)
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-16 10:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything ends sooner or later. I think FFxi has at least 2 more years left in it. But then, that's what I said 4 years ago. As long as SE continues to evolve and add content that attracts the subscriptions, SE's ffxi could go on indefinately. Idk. Anyways, in the event that ffxi DOES ever shut down, I'd probably find another MMO to play that I can enjoy. Ergo, not WoW. I need an exciting, popular MMO (that allows me to use my gamepad on my pc).
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-06-16 10:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Everything ends sooner or later. I think FFxi has at least 2 more years left in it. But then, that's what I said 4 years ago. As long as SE continues to evolve and add content that attracts the subscriptions, SE's ffxi could go on indefinately. Idk. Anyways, in the event that ffxi DOES ever shut down, I'd probably find another MMO to play that I can enjoy. Ergo, not WoW. I need an exciting, popular MMO (that allows me to use my gamepad on my pc).

Is everquest dead yet?
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-06-16 10:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:

Is everquest dead yet?
No, But I think it'd be dead before ffxi is.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-06-16 10:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

People still *** play Diablo 2. Get over it people. The only way the game goes under is if the company goes under.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-06-16 10:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
People still *** play Diablo 2. Get over it people. The only way the game goes under is if the company goes under.
I wouldn't say that.. I mean Diablo 2 never cost anything to play, FFXI does.. Plus the amount of people that still play Diablo 2 (I did as little as a year ago) could be handled by a 3 year old computer running as a server.. Make no mistake, if keeping FFXI alive creates a negative cash flow for SE, the game will be shut down. But having said that, it probably doesn't cost much at all to keep the game alive at this point, so virtually everyone would have to quit for the game to be canceled.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Halfpint 2011-06-16 12:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

1) hoping this doesn't happen becuase FFXI is the only place I have to truely socialize. I work in an ellitist profession, and I am not exactly accepted in this that "social circle", because I am "not from this area" (was not born here). At work breaks are scheduled so that no 2 ppl are on break at the same time unless there are more than 5 ppl in the call center.

2) I have done the husband/wife only team for years and will not go back to that. Although i love my husband he is not a good communicator and gaming with him is frustrating. He like to play when i am asleep so he levels faster, learns all the areas, and i get stuck putting myself "on follow" just so i don't blink and get separated from him. Both kids did play for a while but once they hit 15-16 the had "better" things to do.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-16 12:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI will never die.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-16 12:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oops I posted that already, it still is true!
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-16 12:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If they made XI F2p it would bring a lot of people in.

I'm not sure if I'd like that or not.

Every f2p game I've played has had terrible players. Even Guild Wars would have been unplayable if I hadn't had one other person I was staticing with.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-16 12:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
If they made XI F2p it would bring a lot of people in.

I'm not sure if I'd like that or not.

Every f2p game I've played has had terrible players. Even Guild Wars would have been unplayable if I hadn't had one other person I was staticing with.

free???? jajajajajajaja dats a gud idear.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9