What Will You Do When FFXI Does Disolve?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What will you do when FFXI does disolve?
What will you do when FFXI does disolve?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-03-04 08:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Princessrin said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Idk about that Murial. Prinrin sounds like you needs moar TH!
sounds like my thf needs to fix hes TH naw. its my luck. BTW another single. js. </3
Stagger? If it's any consolation my luck sucks aswell ~.~ last night was in abbyssea 4 hours and got several MNK an WHM feet but no THF feet... I WANT THF!
ya we staggered yellow for the +2 items. it doesn't help the wings drop T_T

Oh.

Well.

That's just lame.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2011-03-04 08:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Be sad :( and afterward probably wont play another MMO, actually live life, instead of "Im XPing/killing NM/doing event, screw going out!" and make up some lie lol. When this game finally does come to a close which is at least another year, yr and a half, might join the navy :)
 Gilgamesh.Jynxy
user: Grimix88
By Gilgamesh.Jynxy 2011-03-04 08:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd prob try FFXIV out, if SE ever got around to resolving the issues lol. The thing I enjoy about FFXI was the grouping aspect and meeting new people, and I've played a host of other MMO's and so far nothing has come close, it's mostly been a solo grind to cap, then gear grind...

But from the readin up on FFXIV, I do like the way it was designed...just some things need gto be tweaked on itXD
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-03-04 08:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill myself.
 Sylph.Quiznor
Server: Sylph
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-03-04 08:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

In before that retard Spccdog says something stupid like

FFXI is dead,level MNK.

or

FFXI is dead,level RL.

or something just as HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as he always says.You get the idea
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-04 08:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think this game can truly be replaced simply because no2 MMO's are the same but most tend to follow the same base designs or key features. This one did not. Honestly more than people remember this game they will remember the friends they made and the times they had with those friends. So honestly no matter what game i'm playing whether it's a MMO, a shooter or what as long as I have my friends with me I won't miss XI to much...I can only look back at the crazy times had with friends and smile.
[+]
 Fenrir.Momohko
Server: Fenrir
user: noriko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2011-03-04 08:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Blonde said:
With so many people talking about the end of FFXI, I was thinking about what I will do when the game is finally gone.
I don't think it will end anytime soon, but I have thought about it.
There aren't many games out there like this one. I wonder if they can truly replace it.
This game will always be my favorite more because of the people than anything. I was never looking for anything romantically and found the love of my life and my best friend here.

But the game itself is just well designed, plenty of other games hold my interest efficiently meh

The same thing happen with me now im married to a lil taru taru guy ^^ its pretty insane how stuff happens alot of people irl thought it weird but to me personally i feel this way you develop your emotional and mental aspcts of your relationship first rather then getting all lusty lol and the friends ive made here in ffxi are by far better quality of some of the ones i have had irl at times it would sadden me to know someone who hasnt met me irl is more willing to help me then someone who i have known irl for years the bonds we make in this game are far deeper then most people can understand <3 I love ffxi 8 years and going strong I will be here till they shut all servers down on us although I wish that never happen lol
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-04 08:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Momohko said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Blonde said:
With so many people talking about the end of FFXI, I was thinking about what I will do when the game is finally gone.
There aren't many games out there like this one. I wonder if they can truly replace it.
This game will always be my favorite more because of the people than anything. I was never looking for anything romantically and found the love of my life and my best friend here.

But the game itself is just well designed, plenty of other games hold my interest efficiently meh

The same thing happen with me now im married to a lil taru taru guy ^^ its pretty insane how stuff happens alot of people irl thought it weird but to me personally i feel this way you develop your emotional and mental aspcts of your relationship first rather then getting all lusty lol and the friends ive made here in ffxi are by far better quality of some of the ones i have had irl at times it would sadden me to know someone who hasnt met me irl is more willing to help me then someone who i have known irl for years the bonds we make in this game are far deeper then most people can understand <3 I love ffxi 8 years and going strong I will be here till they shut all servers down on us although I wish that never happen lol
This.
My friends I had before playing we are rather..bleh..and still are lol.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-03-04 08:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Be sad :( and afterward probably wont play another MMO, actually live life, instead of "Im XPing/killing NM/doing event, screw going out!" and make up some lie lol. When this game finally does come to a close which is at least another year, yr and a half, might join the navy :)

What's stopping you from doing any of that now? It's pretty sad if you are controlled to that extent by a game, addicting or not.
 Fenrir.Momohko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2011-03-04 08:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
Fenrir.Momohko said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Blonde said:

This.

I thought irl was the thing you held so precious to you? now you are realizing the value of ffxi? and by value im not talking all the lvls gil gear and mission complete the things i value most in ffxi are the bonds and friends I have here the memories I will forever cherish this game rly means alot to me ... to me it is more then a game rly <3
 Quetzalcoatl.Ultrarichard
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Ultrarichard 2011-03-04 08:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Even though I don't actually play FF anymore, the temptation to go back is always there. Hopefully by the time I can't anymore.. I'll have gotten starcraft2.. If not. I'll pick that up and play it properly.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2011-03-04 08:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:

What's stopping you from doing any of that now? It's pretty sad if you are controlled to that extent by a game, addicting or not.
I do go out but mostly i would rather play lol and cant join the navy atm, school and such
 Phoenix.Princessrin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Princessrin 2011-03-04 08:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Idk about that Murial. Prinrin sounds like you needs moar TH!
sounds like my thf needs to fix hes TH naw. its my luck. BTW another single. js. </3
Stagger? If it's any consolation my luck sucks aswell ~.~ last night was in abbyssea 4 hours and got several MNK an WHM feet but no THF feet... I WANT THF!
ya we staggered yellow for the +2 items. it doesn't help the wings drop T_T

Oh.

Well.

That's just lame.

omg two dropped! it's a miracle :DDD asfgklhrhryhriertrt54tegvdk!

but ya~ i'd probably be bored out of my mind... if this game ended
-_- lot of amazing people i met in this game ;)
ya it has it's ups and downs, you may come across people you may end up hating butttttttt still fun to hang with your friends and stuff :)

ps: i met momo and lc on fenrir <3 wont ever forget them.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-04 08:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Momohko said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Fenrir.Momohko said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Blonde said:

This.

I thought irl was the thing you held so precious to you? now you are realizing the value of ffxi? and by value im not talking all the lvls gil gear and mission complete the things i value most in ffxi are the bonds and friends I have here the memories I will forever cherish this game rly means alot to me ... to me it is more then a game rly <3
Just because I enjoy doing things outside the game doesn't mean the people I know outside of it are great people. The bonds I have with my friends from that game expand far beyond the game itself. The entire reason I started to play this game was to keep in touch with old friends when we all went of to college. Without my friends on this game it's not fun...at all it's a boring game without people.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2011-03-04 08:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
afterward probably wont play another MMO, actually live life, instead of "Im XPing/killing NM/doing event, screw going out!" and make up some lie lol.

Lol, I was like that, too! Holy crap, I'm so glad I got out of the mmo world..I know it sounds cliche, but my life has honestly gotten a heck of a lot better since I gave up FFXI; like a junkie that finally got clean, haha. Naturally, I had some good times playing or I wouldn't have played for so long, but looking back I truly regret spending so much time in-game when I could've finished my degree earlier, had a better social life, etc, etc. I expect rate downs for this, but I think a lot of you feel the same way, at least a little bit.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-03-04 08:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
Fenrir.Momohko said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Fenrir.Momohko said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Blonde said:
With so many people talking about the end of FFXI, I was thinking about what I will do when the game is finally gone. I don't think it will end anytime soon, but I have thought about it. There aren't many games out there like this one. I wonder if they can truly replace it.
This game will always be my favorite more because of the people than anything. I was never looking for anything romantically and found the love of my life and my best friend here. But the game itself is just well designed, plenty of other games hold my interest efficiently meh
This. My friends I had before playing we are rather..bleh..and still are lol.
Just because I enjoy doing things outside the game doesn't mean the people I know outside of it are great people. The bonds I have with my friends from that game expand far beyond the game itself. The entire reason I started to play this game was to keep in touch with old friends when we all went of to college. Without my friends on this game it's not fun...at all it's a boring game without people.

Interesting, that was the same reason I started, well besides being a HUGE FF fan ^-^ but yeh it's ironic because I am in touch with them even less because I've made such great new friends through the game.
 Fenrir.Momohko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2011-03-04 08:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
Fenrir.Momohko said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Fenrir.Momohko said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Blonde said:

This.

mhmm and thats why i hated wow ( i played it for about 3 months it was a terrible game unfortunately many of the people from my first ls ever quit and went there my bro who lived across the us at the time as well so i played to play with them) but that game is so lonely i don't see how people enjoy it also its to damned easy >< The reason I said that tho is because it seemed earlier you are one of those people who bash on others for playing ffxi all the time lol seemed kind of ironic or hypocritical to one time say "get a life you ffxi luzr" and another thread state how much the game means to you~ I am glad you realize there is nothing wrong with being so involved with this game tho ~
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-03-04 09:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

NUE FANG YUS!
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-04 09:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:

Interesting, that was the same reason I started, well besides being a HUGE FF fan ^-^ but yeh it's ironic because I am in touch with them even less because I've made such great new friends through the game.

Yeah same here. That and we all went different paths.

Fenrir.Momohko said:

mhmm and thats why i hated wow ( i played it for about 3 months it was a terrible game unfortunately many of the people from my first ls ever quit and went there my bro who lived across the us at the time as well so i played to play with them) but that game is so lonely i don't see how people enjoy it also its to damned easy >< The reason I said that tho is because it seemed earlier you are one of those people who bash on others for playing ffxi all the time lol seemed kind of ironic or hypocritical to one time say "get a life you ffxi luzr" and another thread state how much the game means to you~ I am glad you realize there is nothing wrong with being so involved with this game tho ~
Don't get me wrong I still think you can be overly involved in this game. But thats only because I've seen people literally invest their entire lives into a game and thats....well yeah...as for difference of WoW to FF it was the player base that I knew who played WoW they were the annoying loud immature kids who were in my graduating class for the most part. Also I felt WoW was way to easy and no fun to play...honestly XI feels the same way now. None of the fights are like how they were fights like Odin etc. Hell you can farm Shin pops super fast now where as the old Content Odin was once every 2 weeks...at best...Long story short...yes it's a good game and I understand how people say it's caused relationships/friendships...but honestly you can go to far in your play time.
 Fenrir.Momohko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2011-03-04 09:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
NUE FANG YUS!

Congrats ^_^!

Ramuh.Urial said:

Don't get me wrong I still think you can be overly involved in this game. But thats only because I've seen people literally invest their entire lives into a game and thats....well yeah...as for difference of WoW to FF it was the player base that I knew who played WoW they were the annoying loud immature kids who were in my graduating class for the most part. Also I felt WoW was way to easy and no fun to play...honestly XI feels the same way now. None of the fights are like how they were fights like Odin etc. Hell you can farm Shin pops super fast now where as the old Content Odin was once every 2 weeks...at best...Long story short...yes it's a good game and I understand how people say it's caused relationships/friendships...but honestly you can go to far in your play time.

As for overly involved in the game I would say that is a matter of opinion and we can leave it at that. For wow that was the same with me I noticed wow people they are all so similar loud anoyying people @.@ I dunno there is something all wow people have in common I havent quite put my finger on it but it annoys the crud out of me.

Also fyi you dont farm shin pops... you defeat all zone bosses and all caterae and complete the bazzilion CS between port jeuno and sky to get shin access once you have access you need to spend your stones(which you use to enter abyssea) also 10k cruor everytime you want to fight shin also take into the account someone in that group is gonna brew lol xD I love how the other day someone in Port jeuno was bitching how easy the game was...
he said the game is so easy now i hate it blah blah blah I can just brew everything so i replied if its so easy just go brew everything then. He said ... I cannot I havent beat shinryu. I guess getting shin access is to hard for him ... I also went on to tell him he COULD brew any mob he wanted except he would simply need to pay 2mil cruor instead of the 200k others have to pay who have beat shin lol
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-04 09:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

MY REAL LIFE IS A VIDEO GAME!
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-04 09:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Momohko said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
NUE FANG YUS!

Congrats ^_^!

Ramuh.Urial said:

As for overly involved in the game I would say that is a matter of opinion and we can leave it at that. For wow that was the same with me I noticed wow people they are all so similar loud anoyying people @.@ I dunno there is something all wow people have in common I havent quite put my finger on it but it annoys the crud out of me.

Also fyi you dont farm shin pops... you defeat all zone bosses and all caterae and complete the bazzilion CS between port jeuno and sky to get shin access once you have access you need to spend your stones(which you use to enter abyssea) also 10k cruor everytime you want to fight shin also take into the account someone in that group is gonna brew lol xD I love how the other day someone in Port jeuno was bitching how easy the game was...
he said the game is so easy now i hate it blah blah blah I can just brew everything so i replied if its so easy just go brew everything then. He said ... I cannot I havent beat shinryu. I guess getting shin access is to hard for him ... I also went on to tell him he COULD brew any mob he wanted except he would simply need to pay 2mil cruor instead of the 200k others have to pay who have beat shin lol
I know how to get the Shin Trigger but it's a lot faster to reference it as farming pops.
But honestly the game is easier now than it was. I have done caterae and zone bosses for the new zone. None of the NM's or fights seem half as hard as the old fights. You can't honestly say the game now is as hard as it was before the update. When the big fights were PW and AV. You can't honestly believe it's the same. Because it's not.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-04 09:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Valmur said:
Kill myself.
Can I have your stuff when you... er nvm
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-04 09:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Valmur said:
Kill myself.
Can I have your stuff when you... er nvm
gotta see what he/she has first
 Phoenix.Princessrin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Princessrin 2011-03-04 09:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
NUE FANG YUS!

/cheer
 Fenrir.Momohko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2011-03-04 09:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The Shin Trigger? How hard is it to say "I know how to get shin access" its not hard at all actually it is the most simple way to say you have access to the bcnm imo.I wasn't saying its as hard not at all by any means... we have new people leading ffxi and they are making it more friendly to casual people you know the people who aren't overly involved with the game... you would think those kind of people would be HAPPY about it lmao I dunno I think there are some people who will never be pleased no matter what happens. Anyway back to crafting, and yes I find crafting fun :O
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-04 09:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Blonde said:

shrug i guess
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-04 09:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully be a more attentive husband and if I can't have that find a new mmo!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-04 09:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

make my own MMO involving hot chicks, violent fight scenes, and lots of witty one-liners.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9