What Will You Do When FFXI Does Disolve?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What will you do when FFXI does disolve?
What will you do when FFXI does disolve?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-04 16:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I like FFXI as a game to set objectives and cross the lines when I'm able to complete them with my friends.
I don't think I'd be able to play the game by myself.

So if one day FFXI dies... I guess I'll just find some other game to play with them~
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2011-03-04 19:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If ffxi dies, then I will catch up on other games that I bought and never play them. ;P
 Phoenix.Kabekebe
Server: Phoenix
user: Kabekebe
By Phoenix.Kabekebe 2011-03-07 14:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna play Kirby
 Phoenix.Kaeoni
user: Malicfayt
By Phoenix.Kaeoni 2011-03-07 14:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

More MvC 3 time
 Sylph.Herropreeze
Server: Sylph
user: Oyer
By Sylph.Herropreeze 2011-03-07 14:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI WILL NEVER DIE!!!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Darktaruu
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Darktaruu 2011-03-07 15:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Good question...
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-03-07 16:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well personaly after all these year's i never thought id say this but i haven't logged on in over a week and im seriously thinking about selling my account,putting the nail in the coffin for me.

it's nothing to do with new content or abbyssea or anything i'm just growing distant from it.

the only reason i'll regret selling up is not been able to talk and have fun with all the super cool friends i made along the way.
i need to find a price and then decide if its worth it or i should say nar i'd rather not sell for X amount and just give it to a freind or something idk.
 Lakshmi.Seoha
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-03-07 16:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kaeoni said:
More MvC 3 time
I CAN'T CONTROL IT~~

YOU'RE GONNA DIE!
YOU'RE GONNA-YOU'RE GONNA-YOU'RE GONNA-YOU'RE GONNA-YOU'RE GONNA-YOU'RE GONNA

Run! Run! Run! Run! Run!

Dodge this~!
Dodge this~!
Dodge this~!
Dodge this~!
Dodge this~!

...that's how much I love Dark Phoenix.
UGH...
 Phoenix.Angelinn
By Phoenix.Angelinn 2011-03-07 16:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Herropreeze said:
FFXI WILL NEVER DIE!!!!

I read that in the voice of your avatar, and laughed.
By Azryel 2011-03-07 16:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I can say with a fair amount of certainty that I don't think I'll ever get into an MMO this in-depth again... Accidentally hit "Play Time" instead of "Current Time" on the menu the other day- something I try not to do if I can avoid it- and it was higher than I'd care to admit... Granted I'm afk a LOT, but still... Chronocide at its finest, folks...
[+]
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-03-07 16:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Angelinn said:
Sylph.Herropreeze said:
FFXI WILL NEVER DIE!!!!

I read that in the voice of your avatar, and laughed.
ive been trying to figure out where you avatar is from forever, yet no one knows...
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2011-03-07 16:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh, one of these threads again? D:
 Ifrit.Herc
Server: Ifrit
user: kametas44
By Ifrit.Herc 2011-03-07 16:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I will play the mext greatest MMO FFXIV.....oh wait
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ringmastersword 2011-03-07 16:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Not bothering to read any further than the first and last post but:

Start FFXI-2 which has about the same likelihood of happening as this game actually being gone within the next 8-10 years which is why i assume these topics would be relevant.
By Fumbles 2011-03-10 18:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait for withdraw to settle in and watch insanity bring me to national news.
[+]
 Ramuh.Wolfjorg
Server: Ramuh
user: wolfjorgg
By Ramuh.Wolfjorg 2011-03-10 18:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess get back to reality
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-03-10 19:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
One thing I'll do is not have to read and be annoyed by yet another "when ffxi dies thread" or "the end of ffxi?" thread. Wow can't believe how truly obnoxious and stupid those threads have "become"....*cough cough*

The only thing more obnoxious and stupid than naysayers are naysaying naysayers. This game will end. Get over it. I can categorically state that that no one will be playing the game anymore after the heat death of the universe. There is a very large "probability" it will end significantly beforehand.

Like it or not, the game is in a steady decline which it is not going to pull out of. That's typically what we call dying in real life. You can call it whatever you want if that tastes better going down. Yes, it won't be tomorrow. It won't be next year. It probably won't even be in the next 5 years. Before 2020? Now that I don't know.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [97 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Novaria
user: Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-06-16 02:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI can't die...it just can't...my son has been begging me to let him play (and my daughter too for that matter) but I've been telling them they aren't allowed to play until they are 13 (they are 10 and 8 currently) So it can't die...I want them to play too...come on what could be cooler (aka nerdier) then a whole family: Mom, Dad, Son, Daughter, playing FFXI together? Of course my children will porbably become elitests and never actually speak to me in game but I'm choosing to ignore that and go with the fantasy...

This is gonna sound SUPER nerdy but my husband and I use FFXI as our "dates" we make plans to do stuff a couple of times a week and we do it...so much cheaper then going out these days...

We're not like those people you hear about on the news that are so addicted to their MMO that they never do anything else...we have RL friends and we hang with them, we cook, clean, work, raise the kids, watch TV/movies, mow the lawn, trim the lilacs, weed the flowerbeds, play outside with the kids, you know, that kind of thing...but, in the middle of the night when he can't sleep because he's a night owl and I can't sleep because I'm crazy we play ffxi, I mean really, what else is there to do? We've already done everything else through out the day you know?

Anyway, if FFXI ever does die, I will be sad, The husband and I have put oh man when did this game release in the US?? 8 or 9 years ago?? anyway we've put THAT long into this game and it's pretty much kept us sane, and even taught us how to communicate better (albeit rather nerdily)...

Late nights will suck if this game dies :(

Anyway...yeah.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-06-16 02:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

let the kids play now! goood to start them off young :D
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-16 03:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You should let your kids play but hold onto their security tokens so you control when they play. You can activate the profanity filter.

Playing a game with your parents is a really good bonding activity as long as it's done sparingly. You could all go and level up together in gustaberg or whatever.

Especially if you're both at a high level, you can help them out.

I know a mother and father who play minecraft with their kids, and it taught them loads of things like sharing and stuff like that. You can quite easily use it to teach them things under the guise of playing a game, and still have fun yourself.

imo anyway.
 Lakshmi.Jesi
user: Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2011-06-16 03:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Since SE is struggling right now, I doubt they have plans of ending it any time soon.

It's pretty simple really. If FFXI isn't profitable anymore, they end it. The game probably doesn't take much to run now, so I'm guessing it would take an insanely low population for them to do so.

It really all comes down to what they do to retain the player base after the level cap of 99. They did pretty decent at 75, so I'm pretty sure they'll be fine at 99 for years to come.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-16 03:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if they release more expansions like the abyssea expansions at all.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they add a new job in seeing as it's a device to keep people playing for longer, and attract old players back.

That's it today for Flion's predictions.
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-06-16 03:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been very seriously considering letting them play now but we only have 2 comps at the moment (plus one that belongs to my brother in law who lives with us so I guess 3 actually) so when they DO play we won't be able to play with them...

They play minecraft together in fact they are right now (I'm quite lenient about bedtimes in the summer...probably TOO lenient actually >.>)

I'm raising uber nerds and I'm so proud...lol

My husband (Felos) and I should probably talk about them playing...maybe we could start them off by giving them each one of our mules...my son already knows little things like movement and fishing and minor combat and that's all I knew when I started so I'm sure he'll do great...he even uses my macros for me when I'm outside smoking...

My daughter knows less but it's enough to get started I think.

I'm not worried about profanity my husband and I swear like sailors my husband especially...but I DO worry about other stuff...I've seen quite a few horrible horrible things in my time in this game...

Thanks for your opinions maybe having them will help me convince my husband to give them a chance early!
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2011-06-16 03:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll rest easily knowing there wont be anymore stupid "end of ffxi" threads that are a total waste of everyone's time and energy...Fear mongering ftmfl
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-06-16 03:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You're felos wife?! /amazed
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-16 03:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Novaria said:
I have been very seriously considering letting them play now but we only have 2 comps at the moment (plus one that belongs to my brother in law who lives with us so I guess 3 actually) so when they DO play we won't be able to play with them...

They play minecraft together in fact they are right now (I'm quite lenient about bedtimes in the summer...probably TOO lenient actually >.>)

My husband (Felos) and I should probably talk about them playing...maybe we could start them off by giving them each one of our mules...my son already knows little things like movement and fishing and minor combat and that's all I knew when I started so I'm sure he'll do great...he even uses my macros for me when I'm outside smoking...

I'm not worried about profanity my husband and I swear like sailors my husband especially...but I DO worry about other stuff...I've seen quite a few horrible horrible things in my time in this game...

Thanks for your opinions maybe having them will help me convince my husband to give them a chance early!

lol np. And yeah it can be kinda... unscrupulous in vanadiel sometimes, but for the most part due to the fact that everything is quite low mannable you can kinda control what they see. I don't know how you feel about windower, but there's an app that lets you control another persons game, so I suppose you could essentially stop them from playing right away if you wanted too.

Also you can put full filters on so they can only see LS chat and Party chat for example.

Sounds good though, playing minecraft together on LAN can be really fun, especially for kids. You can build and defend fortresses together. Kind of like what I did as a kid with pillow forts and our imaginations I guess XD
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-06-16 03:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You know my husband?? and why is that amazing?? lol
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-06-16 03:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew he was related to Art, but didn't knew his wife played too. He does Einherjar with our LS ^^
Amazed 'cuz kinda cool you two play together.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-06-16 03:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Novaria said:

yeah awesome

i've always kinda wished my parents cared enough to get me hooked on crack before i hit puberty

don't know why they never made the effort
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-06-16 03:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL Flion...actually they are having more fun NOT LANing then they did LANing...my husband just came home from his friend's house and now he's giving them each pointers...funny part is my daughter is set to "peaceful" and my son has mobs to fight I guess there's zombies and such? (I've never played it)

I remember having an imagination it was more 3D back then...

We use windower but I didn't know there was an app that could control another person's game (granted I only know the stuff the husband orders me to use and I don't know MUCH about those lol)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9