Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-08-21 17:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
It's already lost in the deepest reaches of my storage
Seriously, you don't wanna know what kind of random ***gets lost in there

I can't even remember the last time I've seriously looked for something in there other than misc. +2 items

I simply don't use my storage anymore. I'd rather maintain full use of my safe and not have to worry about whether or not I can access the contents of my storage in whatever area I happen to be in.
By Cathaldus 2011-08-21 17:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dodu said: »
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
It's already lost in the deepest reaches of my storage
Seriously, you don't wanna know what kind of random ***gets lost in there

I can't even remember the last time I've seriously looked for something in there other than misc. +2 items

I simply don't use my storage anymore. I'd rather maintain full use of my safe and not have to worry about whether or not I can access the contents of my storage in whatever area I happen to be in.

They're doing it so you can collect from it in any mog house soon aren't they?

Will save having to waste tabs always going to the home city.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-21 17:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I just pop my +2 items and miscellaneous seals from killing the odd nm for people in there.

I've amassed quite the collection
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-08-25 06:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone reccoemnd some good BCNM/KCNM ect to solo on BST? havent done anything exciting in quite some time
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-25 08:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i just soloed ACP last mission battle

was easy, just lots of dawn mulsum spam, it's a boring video because i just stand on the entrace lol
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-26 14:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Xavierr said: »
the spawns do not attack your pet

Just went to try to duo Vrtra and the adds DO ATTACK YOUR PET.

EDIT: You can also be drawn-in. I did nothing but sic my Dipper on it, from max distance and about 5 minutes later I was drawn-in.

I think you got extremely damn lucky on the not drawn in part.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-26 16:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Vrtra killed, BST x3, took an hour. 1 Dipper per BST, 6-8 Zetas each.

All used Pet PDT sets and capped Reward sets.
 Shiva.Zykei
Server: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2011-08-26 16:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure you're not suppose to do ANYTHING but reward on your pet because sic/ready will add you to Vrtra's hatelist. Haven't done vrtra on bst yet so do correct me if I'm wrong.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-26 17:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

By sic my dipper on it I meant make it go and smack it. Thats all we did. But yes, you are correct. The funny thing was out of our previous attempts we did NOTHING but reward and still got drawn-in that one time.
 Asura.Railock
Server: Asura
By Asura.Railock 2011-08-26 19:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said: »

was easy, just lots of dawn mulsum spam, it's a boring video because i just stand on the entrace lol

Definitely going to finish cooking before I attempt any big solos, Dawn Mulsums are 11k each last I checked. Its not much if you take a few, but repeated solos it's just better to make your own.

And holy hell at the Seed of Deception spammage. Gave me nightmares of all my losses on that fight pre-Abyssea.
By Starkzz 2011-08-26 19:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said: »
Xavierr said: »
the spawns do not attack your pet
Just went to try to duo Vrtra and the adds DO ATTACK YOUR PET. EDIT: You can also be drawn-in. I did nothing but sic my Dipper on it, from max distance and about 5 minutes later I was drawn-in. I think you got extremely damn lucky on the not drawn in part.

Wierd, I've solo'd Vrtra a good 6-7's now and not once experienced this. My diagnostic: It's something to do w/ Horrid Roar (The Grand wyrms have an enhanced version, wipin' all buffs and VE) although you've specified to only making Dipperyuly engage Vrtra and rewarding Dipper.. generating no legitimate hate.

I'd say it's maybe a glitch and you should just retry, as I said this hasn't being occuring to me and others (or has it?) so I don't really know what it is, but that's what I'd say it is.

As for pets joining the fight, they wont unless the following:
You are close to Vrtra without sneak
You approach Vrtra in yellow HP for Whatever means
A player outside the party does the above.

Either the adds are glitched (likely scenario) or their game mechanics are to engage the fight with Vrtra on players, or engage Vrtra's target when players approach the adds.

This has been happening on other such BST mobs, though. A quick example: Archamoth
 Bismarck.Guttler
user: Cole
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-08-26 19:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have 90+ cooking, just make your own Mulsum. It only takes maybe 3k-3.5k to synth, unless your server's prices are ridiculous.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-27 00:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

how much gil takes to lvl it to 100?
 Odin.Ceas
Server: Odin
user: Ceas
By Odin.Ceas 2011-08-27 00:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

3-3,5k per synth? Farm your own White Honey, make your own grape juice and holy water ... buy crystals, grapes and water - only 9-10k per STACK lol.
If you have THF @ 90 you can kill Bees close to Iriz Imas ??? and kill/steal Chigoes from Marids all 5min while waiting on repop.

Cooking zo 100 should be very cheap nowadays... compare Dragon Meat prices 2011 with 2008 etc.
 Asura.Nimrot
user: Nimrot
By Asura.Nimrot 2011-08-27 01:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

@ starkzz looks like the secret is out now after several month every lolbst wanna camp him now -.- at least some of us had a good time with him ^^
 Bismarck.Guttler
user: Cole
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-08-27 08:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cooking is a joke to level, I was sitting at 60 for years, then Mulsum came out. I think it maybe took me 400k, just NPCing all the junk to get to 96 (mulsum cap).

Not sure what I did, but once you get to 90, just do Mulsums to 96 (then can do red curry/buns to 100 making profit rest of the way)
 Siren.Kittyhawk
Server: Siren
user: Kittyhawk
By Siren.Kittyhawk 2011-08-27 09:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said: »
By sic my dipper on it I meant make it go and smack it. Thats all we did. But yes, you are correct. The funny thing was out of our previous attempts we did NOTHING but reward and still got drawn-in that one time.

You did SOMETHING wrong then. Whether one of you used a TP move, rewarded too close, or performed some other action on Vrtra, you will never have issues with the adds. Her pets will not attack your own if all you've done is set your pet on it initially.
By Starkzz 2011-08-27 09:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nimrot said: »
@ starkzz looks like the secret is out now after several month every lolbst wanna camp him now -.- at least some of us had a good time with him ^^

Heh, to be honest, had cashmere (on asura) not stopped sellin', I wouldn't of revealed anything. Maybe I'll save these 8 threads in hopes of a new synth involving them ;x
 Shiva.Drossos
user: droseph
By Shiva.Drossos 2011-08-27 10:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just some info to throw in:-
Vrtra's truesight/true hearing range increases for a period after she's been engaged. found this out when a a friend of mine and i went to kill her but found a japanese group scattered dead around her. We sat by the door, afk'd for w/c and drinks, i came back before him and found a blu from said group dragging Vrtra towards us for some reason (mpk maybe). But she aggro'd me way out of 30 yalms after he died. my friend survived w/o any aggro, i didn't. meh
 Shiva.Drossos
user: droseph
By Shiva.Drossos 2011-08-27 10:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Can't recommend taking cooking to 100 enough to anyone w/o a craft who wants one and is serious about bst. needless to say i make the pet foods, jugs, mulsum etc for my buddy and my excursions. the gil you save is incredible ^^
:)
 Asura.Railock
By Asura.Railock 2011-08-27 12:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ceas said: »
3-3,5k per synth? Farm your own White Honey, make your own grape juice and holy water ... buy crystals, grapes and water - only 9-10k per STACK lol.
If you have THF @ 90 you can kill Bees close to Iriz Imas ??? and kill/steal Chigoes from Marids all 5min while waiting on repop.

Cooking zo 100 should be very cheap nowadays... compare Dragon Meat prices 2011 with 2008 etc.

If you REALLY want to be frugal farm your crystal clusters.
 Valefor.Flameblade
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Flameblade 2011-08-27 12:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Can BST solo A Moogle Koup D'Etat final fight? without the -dt helm that is XD? any advice would be great, i dont have top notch gear either :( working on it though :D
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-27 17:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

u had to use meds? wow my grandmother can do it w/o meds on nin/dnc
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-08-27 18:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

reward for 1k :/ ??? My far from complete reward set does ~1450. With all due respect, maybe that is why you spam dawn mulsums
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-27 18:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »

u had to use meds? wow my grandmother can do it w/o meds on nin/dnc

Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-27 18:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe he just doesn't remember? lool
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-27 18:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he deleted his ***, that was a funny thread though.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 28 29 30