BST solos
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-01-28 12:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone done Ketea? T3 VNM in Vunk, possible DY solo?
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
Server: Fenrir
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-02-01 16:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that it really matters or anything, but I just attempted to solo Orcus while hunting VNMs before I ran out of pet food! Only used one stack of pet food and one DipperYuly in case anyone wondering. Orcus misses a lot and its attacks are pretty weak so I'm sure its soloable. Nice to be able to solo things outside of Abyssea now and then. Gravitic Horn deals about 90% of damage to pet depending on pet: MDB and DT-, save reward for those or if it uses another TP move if your pet is at low HP.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-02-02 22:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This is how I saw it...
[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-02-02 22:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Omgwtftaru said:
Not that it really matters or anything, but I just attempted to solo Orcus while hunting VNMs before I ran out of pet food! Only used one stack of pet food and one DipperYuly in case anyone wondering. Orcus misses a lot and its attacks are pretty weak so I'm sure its soloable. Nice to be able to solo things outside of Abyssea now and then. Gravitic Horn deals about 90% of damage to pet depending on pet: MDB and DT-, save reward for those or if it uses another TP move if your pet is at low HP.
Hero Taru, what GUI skin is that your using? If you remember where you got it can you share the link or PM me?
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-02-04 10:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Omgwtftaru said:

You have the right idea.

Most tier 3 VNMs or solo-able by BST now. In the past zones, there are VT mobs to 90's. Just 2 hour one for 30mins and go to town.

But this means having a lolCHR set and an Apollos staff. Lolwut?
 Pandemonium.Zeto
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-02-26 12:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Although technically not a true solo I killed Jailer of Prudence(I had triggers from Ix'DRG+Jailer of Faith solos and was bored). Had my SMN there to Heavenly Strike it for faster kill but I'm fairly sure I would have been fine without it. Basically a lot of this::
With occasional use of Pet Food Eta. Hardest is the dual TP moves that were hitting for ~3-400 with 2x PDT axes and Anwig Salade.
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2011-02-26 14:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Attempted to solo orcus everything went fine til a hate reset then he did super laser cannon on me had him under 10% though was a simple fight if i was paying attention. And Fistule was a simple solo the kiting of the adds is boring but its a simple fight as well. going to continue doing these solos you guys offer up. Its a fun challenge. Will do all 4 sky gods later if im bored seems how there is nothing else to do on ff.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-02-26 15:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Suzaku's the only sky god I haven't tried since I'm scared of chainspell and as far as I know we don't have any pets with fire resistance.
 Alexander.Hiep
Server: Alexander
user: Hiep
By Alexander.Hiep 2011-02-26 16:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Has anyone soloed Manananggal or Vetehinen? I tried on BST, got Mana down to about 50% before I lost, more or less the same on Vetehinen, he seemed to be a crit. hit machine.
Just soloed Manananggal, was pretty easy ^^ but i guess somewhat luck, i used Atmas: razed ruins, cloak/dagger, and mounted champion, had 2x eva +20 axes, he missed most of the fight, only hitting dipper about 2 times or so with sword, (after each hit, i was able to reward dipper's health back.) Also tried the antlion in abyssea tahrongi, dipper can tank him, but gravitic horn 1 shots pets; hitting around 4-5k. If you can kite, it should be no prob
 Alexander.Foulspawn
user: Foulspawn
By Alexander.Foulspawn 2011-03-04 08:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Zeto said:
Suzaku's the only sky god I haven't tried since I'm scared of chainspell and as far as I know we don't have any pets with fire resistance.

I get reraise from FoV book, bring instant re-raise. When you see Suzaku chainspell run as far as you can, you will die. Wait for it to move out of agro range and raise up, use re-raise again. Make sure you wait for chainspell to wear off before call beast again. I like to go BST/DNC for stun.

Good Luck to you!
 Asura.Canthan
Server: Asura
user: canthan
By Asura.Canthan 2011-03-04 16:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've solo'd a number of nm's in abyssea. Also solo'd the battlerigged chariot for the Ferine Earring a few times with no drop. Was using DG, Zenith, and RR.
Gear:
PDT- +2 axes x2
Anwig head,
Mirke body,
Beast bazubands,
Shepherd's Chain
Ferine Mantle
AF3 +2 legs
AF3 +1 Feet

Was using Dipper for a couple of the fights and the sheep for the last one. During all fight, the chariot would hit pets for 0dmg and it's casting wouldn't do much dmg to it at all. The blaze spikes effect during casting would do about 200-300 dmg and would require a zeta about every other time or every other 2 times it casted. Good reward setup. Zeta reward is about 1.65k. Finally got earring when I brought some friends along just to stagger blue!

Other nm's i've solo'd with ease just off the top of my head
Bennu Dragua Ouzelum Battlerigged Chariot Usurper
Wyvern nm's in grauberg and highlands
Alkonost Balaur Gangly Gean Hadal Satiator Amhuluk and all mobs for KI's Flame Skimmer Heqet Karkatakam...a few more i can't remember names.
For atmas, it's usually always the same, DC/Zenith/and 3rd is situational.
 Alexander.Hiep
By Alexander.Hiep 2011-03-04 16:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

whats DC and zenith, also wat was ur strat for flame skimmer, and dragua? and bennu?
 Gilgamesh.Soichiro
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Soic
By Gilgamesh.Soichiro 2011-03-04 16:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also curious what your strat/pet used for Bennu was. I don't have Zenith atma, but I do have DG etc. I usually just use DG/RR/MC for my soloes.
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-03-04 17:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Hiep said:
whats DC and zenith, also wat was ur strat for flame skimmer, and dragua? and bennu?

Zenith:
HP+: Minor (+10%)
MP+: Minor (+10%)
Damage taken down: Minor (-10%)

DG = Ducal Guard (I assume they mean this one)
(Guard) Damage Taken -: Major
(HP Below 50%) Damage Taken -: Superior
(HP Below 50%) Movement Speed -: Superior
 Alexander.Hiep
By Alexander.Hiep 2011-03-04 17:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Alexander.Hiep said:

Zenith:

DC = Ducal Guard
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-03-04 17:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Hiep said:
Titan.Darkestknight said:
Alexander.Hiep said:

Zenith:

DC = Ducal Guard

It only reduces damage taken if you guard, so unless you use a mnk pet or an ATMA with guard it doesn't activate.

That said the ATMA is amazing once your pet goes below 50% of it's HP.
 Cerberus.Tzaellia
Server: Cerberus
user: Tzaellia
By Cerberus.Tzaellia 2011-03-04 17:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Canthan said:
I've solo'd a number of nm's in abyssea. Also solo'd the battlerigged chariot for the Ferine Earring a few times with no drop. Was using DG, Zenith, and RR.
Gear:
PDT- +2 axes x2
Anwig head,
Mirke body,
Beast bazubands,
Shepherd's Chain
Ferine Mantle
AF3 +2 legs
AF3 +1 Feet

Was using Dipper for a couple of the fights and the sheep for the last one. During all fight, the chariot would hit pets for 0dmg and it's casting wouldn't do much dmg to it at all. The blaze spikes effect during casting would do about 200-300 dmg and would require a zeta about every other time or every other 2 times it casted. Good reward setup. Zeta reward is about 1.65k. Finally got earring when I brought some friends along just to stagger blue!

Other nm's i've solo'd with ease just off the top of my head
Bennu Dragua Ouzelum Battlerigged Chariot Usurper
Wyvern nm's in grauberg and highlands
Alkonost Balaur Gangly Gean Hadal Satiator Amhuluk and all mobs for KI's Flame Skimmer Heqet Karkatakam...a few more i can't remember names.
For atmas, it's usually always the same, DC/Zenith/and 3rd is situational.

What are the Aug. on your Anwig and Mirke?
By sefalon 2011-03-04 18:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:

For real if anyone does solo this LET me know I need to kill him several more times and I do NIN and whm but it sometimes gets rough.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-03-04 18:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

sefalon said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

For real if anyone does solo this LET me know I need to kill him several more times and I do NIN and whm but it sometimes gets rough.

Did with someone in my linkshell who isn't the best Beastmaster. I put TH on, but I didn't proc it any. He solo'd it using Nursery Nazuna, Mounted Champion, Ducal Guard, and Visccitude.

He only used one pet the entire fight, but if sacrificing any of the atmas, you may find yourself using more, perhaps even running around while you wait for CB timer.
 Asura.Canthan
By Asura.Canthan 2011-03-05 00:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Augments were
Anwig:Pet: Dmg taken -10%
Haste +5%

Mirke:Pet: Accuracy + and Attack +
 Asura.Canthan
By Asura.Canthan 2011-03-05 00:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For Bennu, I just let pet solo. It is a long fight, but it's doable. Atmas: Ducal Guard, Zenith, Razed Ruins

Dragua is the same way. Although I do swap out Zenith atma for Earth Wyrm atma which helps ALOT. Atmas: DC, EarthWyrm, Razed Ruins

Flame skimmer I solo'd w/o ducal guard or any pdt- atma's. I used Razed ruins, Mounted champion, and Cloak and Dagger. Mounted Champion will save you from his AoE's, and Cloak and Dagger will help Dipper tank alot better and help you hit flame skimmer along with doing Spiral Spin tp move everytime it's up.

All of the above used the same setup as i described in the earlier post. Although, when not using any PDT- atmas i swap out axes for Evasion +2 axes and also have neck piece from A Moogle Kupo de'tat addon with pet evasion +5

Update @3am cst: I'm fighting Bennu right now. Instead of just letting pet do all the work, I decided to join in. I pulled it down near Flux 4, kinda close to the martello and have stalked up on temps. I use the martello when it's up and temps in between uses. It's going rather well and alot quicker! Atmas: Razed ruins, Ducal Guard, Zenith
By sefalon 2011-03-05 11:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
sefalon said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

Did with someone in my linkshell who isn't the best Beastmaster. I put TH on, but I didn't proc it any. He solo'd it using Nursery Nazuna, Mounted Champion, Ducal Guard, and Visccitude.

He only used one pet the entire fight, but if sacrificing any of the atmas, you may find yourself using more, perhaps even running around while you wait for CB timer.

I assume was also after they nerfed DC I hope. I am going to try bst and blm for proc. Any jugs we have now ice resistant? Was hoping rabbit but not sure there is or not. I wonder if dipper be better.
 Leviathan.Yurimi
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Yurimi 2011-03-05 15:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried Fafnir a couple tries at 85 not since 90 though but got him to 75% first try and 31% the 2nd try. first try I made mistake of not giving hate to jug pet before changing to a darter. 2nd try I misscharmed a darter and linked the zone.

pics from my first try I dont think I have any from the 2nd attempt

ignore the dead mule I only brought them to help claim and they were dead 10s into the fight

sorry I dont know how to spoiler tag pics
 Lakshmi.Bravefencer
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Bravefencer 2011-03-08 00:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

can Bst solo Teekesselchen?
 Lakshmi.Bravefencer
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Bravefencer 2011-03-08 19:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:

soloed it earlier using NN,long fight 35-40 mins,(MC,DG,RR)
 Alexander.Hiep
By Alexander.Hiep 2011-03-08 19:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Yurimi said:
I tried Fafnir a couple tries at 85 not since 90 though but got him to 75% first try and 31% the 2nd try. first try I made mistake of not giving hate to jug pet before changing to a darter. 2nd try I misscharmed a darter and linked the zone.

pics from my first try I dont think I have any from the 2nd attempt

ignore the dead mule I only brought them to help claim and they were dead 10s into the fight

sorry I dont know how to spoiler tag pics

that's pretty sick lol, did u use eva axes or lizard? why did u keep it on the side instead of the claws? :o
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-03-08 19:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Bravefencer said:
can Bst solo Teekesselchen?

Super easy, use DY and bring a stack of zeta
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-03-08 19:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Bravefencer said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

soloed it earlier using NN,long fight 35-40 mins,(MC,DG,RR)
Awesome, thx!
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
Server: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2011-03-08 20:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

i see a taru sacrifice :D
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-03-08 20:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xdudemanx said:
i see a taru sacrifice :D

'Darkixion was defeated by Fafnir.' Lol. Too bad that wasn't caught in the pic.
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30