First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 28 29 30
 Hades.Medjai
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2011-08-14 23:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Okay, just tried doing Vrtra on BST... how the hell do you deal with the adds?
i saw a bst solo her with dual eva axes and ummmm crap forgot the pets name the ladybug lol adds hardly hit it took about 2 hours though
By Xavierr 2011-08-14 23:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Vrtra downed 118 min 34 seconds. Would not stop terroring close to end got me scared. As soon as i figure out how to post pics I will, got full drops too! ^^
[+]
 Sylph.Kollosis
Server: Sylph
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-08-15 00:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Okay, just tried doing Vrtra on BST... how the hell do you deal with the adds?

It's more of how Dipper deals with the adds :3 As posted previously, just throw dipper at it and the rest takes time and a little luck.
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-08-15 01:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oo very nice on the Vrtra! I must log in and try this soon! Think it is viable without the evasion axes with 2X bst with pdt setups? Or should I bite the bullet and get those done before an attempt?
 Sylph.Kollosis
Server: Sylph
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-08-15 01:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Erm.. They definitely help a lot @.@
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-08-15 01:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I know they do Ive just been putting them off since my playtime has dropped... Soon enough though. Grats again on your win
By Xavierr 2011-08-15 05:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I used one PDT axe, subbed whm for whatever reason. Only had one close call but it's all luck so take some eta's with for emergencies. As far as the pets go just go put dipper on, sit back and toss a load of zeta/eta/muslum at it and whatever you do, never put any action on Vrtra, let your pet do everything or you will get drawn in.

[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-08-15 09:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome! Nicely done
 Bismarck.Axilla
Server: Bismarck
user: Axilla
By Bismarck.Axilla 2011-08-15 09:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

holy hell!
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-08-15 09:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Xavierr said:
I used one PDT axe, subbed whm for whatever reason. Only had one close call but it's all luck so take some eta's with for emergencies. As far as the pets go just go put dipper on, sit back and toss a load of zeta/eta/muslum at it and whatever you do, never put any action on Vrtra, let your pet do everything or you will get drawn in.

Roughly how much Zeta/Eta/Mulsum did you use? Also, did you make Dipper TP or just sat out of range? (assuming 30+ due to wing).
By Cathaldus 2011-08-15 09:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
Xavierr said:

Roughly how much Zeta/Eta/Mulsum did you use? Also, did you make Dipper TP or just sat out of range? (assuming 30+ due to wing).

Using a Pet's TP would give you hate so I doubt they did.
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-15 09:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Soooo going to duo this with my friend, just for the title :D
By Xavierr 2011-08-15 09:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I was always 30+ so there was no TP usage. I used one muslum, 9 Eta and 76 Zetas. Well worth the gill since its guaranteed to drop 3M+ worth of items.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-15 09:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Will post screenshot of my attempt later on, have to finish my BST to 90, finish my axes, and finish my reward set first. Looking forward to this though, I've never seen Vrtra in-game but my friend has a few funny stories about it and she wants to kill it!

Thanks for the helpful info!
 Phoenix.Krebons
Server: Phoenix
user: Krebons
By Phoenix.Krebons 2011-08-15 10:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I got bored and pretty much would've soloed KA not like it's anything cool, had a thf there for th and he brought his rdm to debuff.. Didn't need it at all.. He'll prolly read this and yell but w/e lol.
 Phoenix.Krebons
By Phoenix.Krebons 2011-08-15 10:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

And am now soloing JoF.. Good fun Go go Dipper!
 Siren.Kittyhawk
Server: Siren
user: Kittyhawk
By Siren.Kittyhawk 2011-08-15 10:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Xavierr said:

wowow, you got the helm too :D /jealous
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-15 11:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

wow thats really nice^^ congrats on the win, i will look forward to solo vrtra too and tiamat, maybe.. tiamat is a lil too much but ill try^^
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-15 11:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

dipper was hitting vrtra kinda hard with nice accuracy as i seen on that ss
 Bahamut.Xoraken
Server: Bahamut
user: Xoraken
By Bahamut.Xoraken 2011-08-15 12:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

just want to know how many HP you rewarded with Zeta , Eta ? 'cause I used 2 stack of Eta and 4 of Zeta + 5 Mulsum to down Vrtra
By Xavierr 2011-08-16 09:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

My Zetas do 1641, eta i think was around 2200(capped dipper every use so not accurate). I probably wasted alot of zeta just keeping dipper full since i didnt wanna take the chance of him not missing for x amount of hits and knocking dipper down.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-18 00:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok i made some research after working very hard for Atma of a Future Fabulous, tooks me 3 days to complete all the wotg missions, i'm currently standing at 71% mdt, (could get more if i had (shep chain neck) i equiped Atma of a Future Fabulous , ducal guard and razed ruins, and the results of dmg reduce was incredible on isgebind and turul, here is some screenshots of dmg magic damage taken with mdt+71% + ,mdb+50

-
-

-
-

-
-

it is very easy to solo now, i even meleed all the way because wing wind dmg was weak, i guess tanking rani/raja now with this setup will be a joke to proc blue and put th.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-18 05:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I farmed rani pop set, it was amazing how i was able to tank rani and proc blue with my mule with no problem at all. her nukes are rly weak with mdt and Atma of a Future Fabulous atma. her nukes was doing the same dmg as the screenshots above, but less with the tier3 aeroga,stonegas,firagas.

-

-

-
 Fenrir.Demomo
Server: Fenrir
user: Skyline
By Fenrir.Demomo 2011-08-18 06:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Played with vrtra a bit with a few beasts and a smn, noticed something when the smn had to throw a new garuda in (wasn't bping, was letting garuda idle bp rather than stare at the wall on another job for title). The pets will instantly realize vrtra's hate table if anyone yellows hp within 30' of them. Resulted in some twilight set fun and mutltiple casts of dia at 27% and a lot of laughing :x

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Krebons
By Phoenix.Krebons 2011-08-18 06:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

LuckyLulash? Interesting!
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-18 08:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said: »
i'm currently standing at 71% mdt,

Mind posting your pet MDT set?
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-18 21:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said: »
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said: »
i'm currently standing at 71% mdt,

Mind posting your pet MDT set?
selemnus belt, af3 legs+2, anwing helm and ducal guard
3+8+10+50 = 71.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-08-18 22:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

whats BST?
By Starkzz 2011-08-19 00:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Xavierr said: »

gj on solo, does take awhile and yeah, fight can be risky and annoying, but def possible. As for solo Tiamat mentioned above, I would say it's not possible currently. I guess if you have tons (and I mean tons) of dawn mulsums, it can be possible. The real issiu is below 25%, where she gets the drastic attack boost (+25%? idr exactly)
combined with mighty strikes every time she lands. It's not possible for Dipper to tank this, as in flight, the attacks cant be avoided and Dipper is rather squishy if getting dealt consistant damage.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 28 29 30