- Jaculus
- Minaruja
- Teekesselchen
- Gamayun
- Chione
- Blanga
- Veri Selen
- Jailer of Faith

There are other NMs that I have soloed, but I have not listed them here because it is like usually the easier seal NMs. There are a lot of NMs that BST can kill as long as you apply yourself, do your research, use strategy, and are patient. There are some NMs that BST cannot solo due to circumstances such as Briareus, Sobek, or Bukhis. There are reasons we can't, HP down is bad for pets!

O.O Damn nice
 Cerberus.Ddbone
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: ddbone
By Cerberus.Ddbone 2011-08-10 11:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Tethra.

Very easy, have to be careful because it draws in and you cant drag it out of the spawn spot which has like 10 dijinns.

Took only 1/2 stack rewards.

I'd imagine all the Fomor HNMs are doable.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sophocles
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sophocles
By Quetzalcoatl.Sophocles 2011-08-10 12:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I just soloed Kutharei, an easy solo until it reaches 25%. I used almost two stacks of Zeta pet food. It took a very long time, so it tests your patience more than your skill. I had an accident when I was not paying attention and I allowed my pet to die after Bannaret Charge, but I quickly ran and resummoned my DipperYuly. Used Ducal Guard, Mounted Champion, and Siren Shadow. Carry about two Dawn Muslums, Healing Salve I, and Healing Salve II on you just in case of emergencies when Reward isn't up right when Bannaret Charge hits.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sophocles
By Quetzalcoatl.Sophocles 2011-08-10 12:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said:
Bismarck.Nooblet said:
I see Amhuluk in the list, can anyone give me any tips for this? Cheers.

was amazingly simple duo. I don't think we even needed the 2nd bst. Dipperyuly, standard atmas, no trial axes when we killed

Amhuluk is easily soloable, it just takes longer. Amhuluk's TP moves hit for very low even before Ducal Guard kicks in! Again, tests your patience more than your skill.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2011-08-10 12:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said:
looking for some advice - is a BST duo against ulhadashi(sp?) a viable idea? if so, what would be the best jug? I have mdb axes, but not much else in the way of mag. def. thanks in advance

bump

anyone?
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-08-10 14:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
For the Behemoth KS99, which Axes did you guys use? PDT, Eva and/or M.def?
I used Eva, since I was using Yuly.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-10 14:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

How many Dawn Muslums did you use?
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-08-10 14:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
How many Dawn Muslums did you use?
0 but I wasn't solo from 100-0, was helping people with pops. Using Yuly I'd say no more than 5 (if that) with a proper reward build w/Eta.
I craft both of my own though, so may be less profitable to you.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-10 15:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Price isn't an issue. Planning on duo'ing/trio'ing with BSTs, I want to know exactly how much I'll need for it to be a safe and guaranteed fight. Not looking for a challenge, just a guaranteed strategy for churning out some Behemoth pops with few people.
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-08-10 15:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know the easiest giant to solo for iron plates and whats the best pet?
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-10 15:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Altepa Giant is easy but Ballistic Kick could pose a problem for BST. I don't know if the Grauberg Iron Giant uses a move like that but it seems the only feasible alternative, as Triturator will just destroy you.
 Sylph.Kollosis
Server: Sylph
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-08-10 21:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried Vrtra.. It's definitely a race against Dipper's despawn timer.. I made a mistake i could have prevented easily and died at 10%. Revenge is in the air~
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-08-10 21:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kollosis said:
Tried Vrtra.. It's definitely a race against Dipper's despawn timer.. I made a mistake i could have prevented easily and died at 10%. Revenge is in the air~

Yea I made 1 mistake and almost cost me but whee fun fight :O
 Bismarck.Guttler
Server: Bismarck
user: Cole
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-08-10 21:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna be going after Vrtra if I can catch him up after we get back from outta town this weekend, I have 2 other BSTs so I can tribox and speed it up, am actually looking forward to this a lot.
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-08-10 21:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Altepa Giant is easy but Ballistic Kick could pose a problem for BST. I don't know if the Grauberg Iron Giant uses a move like that but it seems the only feasible alternative, as Triturator will just destroy you.

The hate reset from Ballista kick will only apply if you actually take an action against the Smiter. For instance, if u used hyoton:Ni on it to try and trigger yellow, then ballista kick would reset the pets hate and it would chase you instead. But if you only use pet commands throughout the fight then it will NOT chase you after ballista kick. Overall Smiter is a very easy fight but it is a tad on the long side.

As with all ironclad's 1/3rd of the time your pet is stunned. But with smiter, the majority of the fight your pet will not hit very hard. It is useful to try and use spur to get off 2 pet WS's after arm cannon.

P.S. Arm cannon does not heal the pet. It lowers the pets maximum hp. Also ducal guard activates based on normal max hp NOT current max hp, so don't worry your pet still has ducal DT active even if it says 100%.

The grauberg ironclad is a quicker fight because it does not have the resistance switching modes and has less HP. The Hate reset "scapula beam" is easy to avoid and is not very potent. The pop is more expensive BUT by heeling after WS's you can undermine his gimick (which is to use 2 WS's in a row) which helps to make the fight cost less pet food. Ultimately making it the cheaper, easier and quicker fight. Its also less crowded.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-11 02:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking the difficulty would be in Ballistic Kick's damage more than anything - the fact that it drops you to 5-10% HP.
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-08-11 14:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
I was thinking the difficulty would be in Ballistic Kick's damage more than anything - the fact that it drops you to 5-10% HP.

Moves like throat stab and ballista kick that instantly lower you to red HP (or a certain HP %) are very weak on pets because they are effected by DT.

For instance, lets just say your pet has 4k hp then he would be in red at 1k hp and the move would do 3k damage to him. But this 3k damage would be reduced by 87.5% so you pet would only take 375 damage.

Now different moves have different parameters but the result is similar.

Because these moves will always end up being physical or magical damage, they are subject to DT reductions. And since pets have such large DT, they are not anywhere near as devastating as they were designed to be.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sophocles
By Quetzalcoatl.Sophocles 2011-08-12 01:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironclad Severer's Ballistic Kick only does 170-200 damage to my pet!
 Siren.Kittyhawk
Server: Siren
user: Kittyhawk
By Siren.Kittyhawk 2011-08-14 09:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Severer is really simple. You even even melee with your pet if you want to speed up the fight, so long as you know when to back up to avoid Scapula Beam. Snarl after Ballistic Kick to give your pet hate again. This probably works for Ironclad Smiter as well, just don't ever stand in front of it.

Also: is Itzpapalotl still simple? Haven't tried it yet and was wondering if it is still doable solo. :X
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-14 10:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

any bst with Atma of a Future Fabulous and mdt 71%+? (ducal guard added)

i just would like to collect some info about the performance of that atma

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-14 14:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

idk, maybe how much dmg taken from turul's thundgas or rani aoes, or isgebind ga's

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-08-14 17:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Grauberg's your best shot, no fiddly TP moves.

Post deleted by User.
By Xavierr 2011-08-14 20:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

got Vrtra to 7% solo then dipper timed out, going again now hoping for better luck :D
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2011-08-14 23:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats on soloing that Xavierr! :P
 Bahamut.Zangada
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-08-14 23:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Xavierr said:
got Vrtra to 7% solo then dipper timed out, going again now hoping for better luck :D

I dont understand why u lose if dipper times out? Ive never fought or even seen vrtra fought.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-14 23:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, just tried doing Vrtra on BST... how the hell do you deal with the adds?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-14 23:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said:
I dont understand why u lose if dipper times out? Ive never fought or even seen vrtra fought.

because without a pet a giant purple wyrm tends to eat your face in that instance
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 28 29 30