If FFXIV Fails... What Does That Mean For FFXI?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » If FFXIV fails... what does that mean for FFXI?
If FFXIV fails... what does that mean for FFXI?
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 18 19
 Bismarck.Aselin
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2013-06-09 20:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I'm not sure if Tenzen's nation and the yagudo shogunate with wich the empire is at war are the same thing, I believe it's two different states in the far east.

Also, Lekho in a mission mentions the mithra queen calling her evil and plotting who knows what...wish we knew more!

Thank you for mentioning that. I forgot about what Lehko mentioned in that mission. It's been so long since I've done it. I would love to know more about their situation there. Only know how it is through Naja Salaheem and through various tidbits mentioned in quests and missions, and the Tribune.
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-17 22:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So almost 3 years since this thread started, do you think FF14 is going to fail? From the look of it, FF14 is going to be gangbuster at launch. Anticipation is riding very high and the game is looking better than its first incarnation. On the other hand, FFXI is going its own downward spiral and about to flame on badly. They should just make FFXI Abyssea edition separate game on its own server and SoA as brand new IP since it practically destroyed everything that come before it. We shall see in a year, which game will flourish and which on will flounder, my money is on FFXI, enjoy this last expansion. Unless SE pull a miracle, put more budget for FFXI and BAM!!! Abyssea Version 2.0 here it comes!
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-06-17 22:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Luvbunny1 said: »
wahh my abyssea gear is outdated
ayup
[+]
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-06-17 22:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, FF14 is pretty fantastic as of Phase 3 beta. I only see it getting better from here.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-17 22:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

RL Apocalypse was bust, so now we gotta speculate on FFXI's apocalypse, with much the same result.

"Next year guyz, im totally srs."
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-06-17 22:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I quit a year ago, the game was "dying." Its still "dying." It will always be "dying." And yet it keeps going.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-17 22:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I quit two years ago, not because the game was dying, but because it *** sucks.

That's reason enough.
 Fenrir.Mesic
Server: Fenrir
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2013-06-17 22:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »

That's reason enough.

Without implying that I agree or don't, why do you believe it sucks?
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-06-17 23:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

lol now the doomsday prophets come out.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-06-17 23:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

As if they havent been out for years.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-06-17 23:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

They were most prominent with FFXIV. I recall two years ago before it launched they were saying the same old crap. I do agree FFXIV is 10x better this time around but FFXI will not die.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-17 23:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mesic said: »

That's reason enough.

Without implying that I agree or don't, why do you believe it sucks?

Hyperbole aside...

FFXI moved away from the "MM" part of the "MMO". 90Abyssea was all about solo-duo all the things, so I really had no reason to play it over anything else. The big appeal of an MMO for me was that feeling of a group of *** triumphing over "Impossible" odds, and I was equally satisfied when I saw friends and shellmates get exceptional pieces of gear as when I did. (Ask old WT people how many Ridill I passed up).

Then with late Abyssea it became all about the individual. I'm going to solo my Empyrean. I'm going to Solo+Bot my Relic, other people were only called to action if they held a Key Item popset for a mob, allowed to sit behind the battle because "Moar people complicate the fight" (Which is true and valid but still)

I would always come back and check to see how FFXI was evolving over time, and with Seekers of Audolin, namely Delve, it looked like real group P.V.E. was making a comeback, I really considered playing again.

Then I read the Item Level thread on the FFXI official forums.
 Siren.Knivesz
Server: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-06-17 23:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen like 4 or 5 threads in just the last two days alone talking about or getting derailed into this so called "FFXI apocalypse, the end is near" rants. So many self-centered, bitter people who think just because they no longer play a game themselves anymore its automatically dying. It bothers these type of people that others still enjoy a game that they don't so they vent on forums in a vain attempt to discourage others from playing the game. All the while never realizing how pathetic and self-centered they are making themselves out to be just because they cant let go of a game they supposedly already "quit".
[+]
By Moonwalkerv 2013-06-17 23:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I never did understand why people who quit FF still come here and post, 90% of the time to repeatedly tell everyone why they quit.
By Kimble2013 2013-06-17 23:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV looks really good from what ive seen.

Its shocking that XI is still somehow going. Game is really dated.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-17 23:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonwalkerv said: »
I never did understand why people who quit FF still come here and post, 90% of the time to repeatedly tell everyone why they quit.

Quit and you'll understand, misery loves company.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cledant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-06-17 23:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
They were most prominent with FFXIV. I recall two years ago before it launched they were saying the same old crap. I do agree FFXIV is 10x better this time around but FFXI will not die.
It's already dead. look at your server , there's nobody online but afks/empty
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-06-17 23:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cledant said: »
It's already dead. look at your server , there's nobody online but afks
Sad truth.

I haven't logged on in over a month yet I'm still paying for my 3 accounts *sigh*

Hard to turn the page.
 Lakshmi.Cledant
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-06-17 23:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It have been like that for a while, idk why SE is taking really long to merge all those empty servers. Ffxi it's dying with a quickness.

The game used to have 33 servers, now 17/33 with loads of non-active players, only hardcore ffxi fans are on great denial, but they don't fool anyone, everyone knows ffxi is dead/stale. it's a fact, not a prophecy.
[+]
By Synria 2013-06-17 23:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

People are silly and always saying such and such MMO is dying. Very few MMOs that are/were p2p actually have ever been shut down. Usually it only happens to f2p and they usually just get picked up by a different publisher.

XI has the staying power of Ultima Online and Everquest, easily.

XIV is not liable to fail this time around with all the changes and work put into it, it's looking great and it's definitely going to appeal to the masses who may have never been FFXI or FFXIV 1.0 fans, it will also pick up plenty of people who don't have a decent PC but can run it on their PS3 now (PS4 in the future)
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-17 23:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone define what a dead game is? Seems like it just means a game that one is no longer interested in.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2013-06-17 23:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Can someone define what a dead game is?

Star Wars: Galaxies.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-17 23:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly. That's a dead game.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-06-18 00:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Aw I miss SWG, although its not completely dead as there are private servers now IIRC lol.

It have been like that for a while, idk why SE is taking really long to merge all those empty servers. Ffxi it's dying with a quickness.

The game used to have 33 servers, now 17/33 with loads of non-active players, only hardcore ffxi fans are on great denial, but they don't fool anyone, everyone knows ffxi is dead/stale. it's a fact, not a prophecy.

Why do you hide under fake accounts? We know your hatred for FFXI, you were just bad at it.
By Synria 2013-06-18 00:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asheron's Call 2 and Fantasy Earth Zero
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2013-06-18 00:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey... I'm technically on break/currently quit ffxi i lurk around the forums mostly for the LoL picture thread and to keep up with changes being made to the game.

Despite now playing wow and looking forward to 14 I still hold onto hope for 11 getting better, I want to believe in the new director...
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-06-18 04:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I technically haven't quit. Though the game became insanely boring to me. Delve farming daily and upgrading gear for what? My gear at present is capable of doing what i need. Its good enough for all content. So really no motivation to upgrade gear. As for FFXI being dead, far from it, its gone super stale for me, and looks like for many others. 1/3 of my LS quit in 2 weeks before i decided to take a long hiatus. Nothing at present in the game or me. Thats not to say others dont enjoy it. far from it ^^. I still would like to finish WotG and eventually Adoulin story as yes believe itor not my original plan for FFXI was to finish the story and be done with it lol. 7-8 years later im still here xD. That all changed when 99% of my friends all stopped playing though :(

I recently started playing 14, and many of my friends are there. Met up on beta and had a cracking time. A MMO is all about community, which i feel this game has lost but hey thats my opinion and mine alone. All i see is greed and douchebaggery about. But again thats me and not aimed at anyone directly so lets not go there lol. 14 for me has reignited the flame that i once had for 11. Hell i was listening to the soundtrack of XI and it made me all nostalgic remembering all the fond memories i had.

So why am i here? To stay up to date with things. I never actually deleted my content ID so its still there should i decide to return sooner rather than later from my hiatus.

To all thos proclaiming this game is dead and what not, fine no need to keep beating a dead horse. You said it once thats enough. Its obviously not dead, and wont be for a long time.

For those still enjoying and those still loving XI, keep on rocking! Hopefully one day my love for the game will return, till then ill keep a watch out :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-06-18 04:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Synria said: »

Asheron's Call 2 is no longer dead. It was revived recently. I've been tempted to check it out. Asheron's call (the first one) was my first MMORPG.
By Synria 2013-06-18 05:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
Synria said: »

Asheron's Call 2 is no longer dead. It was revived recently. I've been tempted to check it out. Asheron's call (the first one) was my first MMORPG.

Oh really? Did a new team pick it up? I had enjoyed it for a time in the past until it shutdown.
 Lakshmi.Cledant
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-06-18 07:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Aw I miss SWG, although its not completely dead as there are private servers now IIRC lol.

Why do you hide under fake accounts? We know your hatred for FFXI, you were just bad at it.

Can't stay on topic? you're out of arguments because you to defend the indefensible.

Yeah i'm trying so hard to post using fake accounts, or maybe i got 4 characters/registered.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 18 19