Link | Quote | Reply

couldn't be, then who~
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-08-04 22:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I met my current bf on FFXI but before then I was single on the game. I'm glad that alot of people thought I was a dude in-game, the people that did know would tease me alot or give me crap lol.. Don't think I could've handled it if it was any worse x_x;
 Caitsith.Anamie
user: Anamie
By Caitsith.Anamie 2010-08-10 21:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:

Hell as a guy I came on the game to get away from irl dating drama for awhile and I've even had to avoid some girls a few times cause it seems they only play to find a man.

That's interesting. ^^ It's not too often I saw girls going after guys. In my experience I always saw 3 guys going for one girl. It's too bad if it's unwanted attention though. ; ;

Actually when I started playing I had just been dumped by my girlfriend, so I wasn't really in the mood for love. lol
Even if that hadn't just happened, I don't think I'd get the idea in my head to search for someone in an online game.
The creepy stalkers that I kept encountering ingame was a common thing for my first 2-3 years of playing.
(Once I actually had a guy always begging ME for items and money.. XD after I'd bought him a great sword to get him started in the game.)

I'm with the love of my life now (the sweetest guy ever~), who I actually did meet in game, but I wasn't looking for it. It just happened. :3 And I'm glad it did!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-08-11 06:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I would not want my gf to play games with me, especially an MMO. Bad enough i have to hear her *** and nag me irl, but when I wanna make my escape into video games, last thing I want is to hear her *** and nag about that too. Luckily for me, she's not a gamer.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-08-11 06:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Elevan said:
I mean I'm being very serious here, it seems that half the time that I find a female player, they have a boyfriend or husband that plays the game with them. And I mean this is the case for years now. So does this mean that females won't play MMOs unless they have someone to play them with?

EDIT: meant to type in title, "someone's GF"

who cares, why care? women having a bf who plays that or a man having a gf who plays is in for a world of hurt.

Women pft
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-08-11 06:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Women on my /ffxi/?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-11 07:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
I would not want my gf to play games with me, especially an MMO. Bad enough i have to hear her *** and nag me irl, but when I wanna make my escape into video games, last thing I want is to hear her *** and nag about that too. Luckily for me, she's not a gamer.

Think I'm the opposite lol, I'd love a relationship where we both play FFXI, I'm quite envious of those who do.
By Kailana 2010-08-11 07:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Chuuuuu said:
I starting playing ffxi when I was single >.>
 Leviathan.Haduken
Server: Leviathan
user: Haduken
By Leviathan.Haduken 2010-08-11 08:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maeko said:
I started playing this game when I was single...and does it matter if you're a gamer guy or a gamer girl? Shouldn't really be labels, just people playing the game. Girls can enjoy the game just as much as a guy, though a lot of the girls in my LS play with their husbands, and I play with my bf now.
You are 100% correct,labeling/stereotyping is for the weak minded.Some of the best players I've ever played with on this game have been female.
[+]
 Valefor.Eirinne
Server: Valefor
user: Eirinne
By Valefor.Eirinne 2010-08-11 08:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Think I'm the opposite lol, I'd love a relationship where we both play FFXI, I'm quite envious of those who do.
All I could think was...why are you dating her then? Toss her to the curb. More game time freed up.
[+]
 Asura.Clairxi
Server: Asura
user: elisexi
By Asura.Clairxi 2010-08-11 09:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
Valefor.Eirinne said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

All I could think was...why are you dating her then? Toss her to the curb. More game time freed up.

I don't know, but i like playing ffxi with my bf ^^ makes things more enjoyable and at least i have someone reliable i can ask to come help me out with anything in the game.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-11 09:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
Valefor.Eirinne said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Lol. Though you could play with her... assuming you both can and do do similar things
 Fenrir.Rinielenika
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Rinielenika 2010-08-11 09:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Elevan said:
I mean I'm being very serious here, it seems that half the time that I find a female player, they have a boyfriend or husband that plays the game with them. And I mean this is the case for years now. So does this mean that females won't play MMOs unless they have someone to play them with?

EDIT: meant to type in title, "someone's GF"

Curious... how many guys do you ask are in a relationship? Cause honestly the majority of guys that I know that play the game are in one/married/have children right now anyways. I just dont think you are asking them... or some of them might not talk about it as much. I'm a chatter box and frequently talk about my boyfriend and I.... Then again, we play the game together....

Started the game in a relationship, it broke UP because of the game (lol), then got a new relationship that just kinda happened?? We didnt expect it... Now we live together blah blah blah... We're happy :3

But yeah Im just curious how often people actually ASK a GUY if they are in a relationship. Girls will more often than not throw it out there because they want left alone from being hit on... it's kind of a warning sign. (well, for myself anyways. I dont know about others) Guys don't have to do that as much... nor do people in general just ask them if they are in a relationship... most times I find out that the guys playing this game are when they go "AFK need to take care of my kid" "oh gotta go GF just got home :)"
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-11 09:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Rini! You met through FFXI? I love hearing those stories :3
 Fenrir.Rinielenika
By Fenrir.Rinielenika 2010-08-11 09:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Rini! You met through FFXI? I love hearing those stories :3

Yeah! Ditsy and I did... XD It's a long-ish? story and I don't want to bother the whole forums with it. I can PM you about it if you want... ROFL.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-11 09:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

lol sure! Haven't spoke in ages!
 Asura.Purrrita
Server: Asura
user: purrr
By Asura.Purrrita 2010-08-11 09:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Halfpint said:
the guys are more manipulative than ther girls are...go figure.

I approve of this statement!

My husband has played nearly since release... I started playing just over a year ago. I was never a gamer and didnt know squat about FF, but could never get husband off the game :/ so I joined him.

In regards to the quote above.. yeah... Lesson #1 for the real women out there: Don't add FFXI people to your facebook/myspace. Once they find out you are really a woman, they dont care that you are happily married and the stalking begins!

/hide >.>;

(not all the guys and yes.. there are lots of manipulative women too)
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-11 10:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Purrrita said:

In regards to the quote above.. yeah... Lesson #1 for the real women out there: Don't add FFXI people to your facebook/myspace. Once they find out you are really a woman, they dont care that you are happily married and the stalking begins!

I'd like to think most of us aren't like that ~

There are some creepers among the female player base too, fyi.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-11 10:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Halfpint said:
Not the ones I've been around
 Caitsith.Anamie
By Caitsith.Anamie 2010-08-12 02:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Fenrir.Tool said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
chichi said:
Demetraki said:
all i know since i started 6 months ago is it is full of nothing but pervs my RL wife has been playing for over a year now and i started so we could do things together since it pretty much took over every other aspect of her life this was the only way i get to be with her but now sadly i think i may leave the game since she would rather spend her time with her in game "Husband" than me in RL or on game....and i would like to note that it is sad sad sad that alot of guys on here have no values at all cause even knowing she is married in RL still try to get her to do things with them thats just sad if you are that hard up get off your *** and meet someone quit trying to hook up with someone on the game heaven forbid you actually have to go outside and meet someone

no offence, but this strikes me as somewhat cheating. I would not let my wife be doing that online but that's just me.

My mom use to play and had a friend on game she hung out with quite a lot. They decided they were gonna get married in game just for the experience and she thought it was all 'friend-friend' type relationship cause my mom and dad are quite in love and this guy knew it. She stopped playing because he turned kinda stalker-ish and he thought she would do more for him and their relationship would become something it's wasn't even close to. He eventually backed off but he would send creepy emails and stuff and my mom was like "Dude, I told you I'm married I have a wonderful husband. It was nothing more and I told you that everyday" he still didn't take the hint; so she had to leave the game.

Couldn't she have black listed the guy or blocked his email or somethin? A shame she had to quit something she otherwise enjoyed cause of one creeper.

He created multiple characters just to talk to her :\ It was quite lame; he eventually stopped but she still hasn't gotten back into the game and probably won't D:

I know a girl who had a pretty close guy friend who eventually went a little crazy and got so obsessive, acting as if he owned her. He seemed emotionally unstable.. Followed her all over the game, sent 100+ POL messages, stalked and harassed all her friends, send many emails, and eventually threats.. He also created multiple characters to follow her and send more threats after she blocked him. GMs didn't do a thing so eventually she was forced to quit. There are some real freaks out there. Seemed perfectly normal at first... one of her closest friends, and then he just snapped or something.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-08-12 02:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Halfpint said:
Not the ones I've been around

Silly Das, why would a guy be manipulating you? :3
 Caitsith.Anamie
By Caitsith.Anamie 2010-08-12 02:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shanyn said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
If I ever saw my husband say "wife aggro" or anything of that nature to his 'buddies' in any game he's playing. Oh I'll show him some wife aggro and beat the hell outta him. Gonna be some wife /rage.
Haha, definitely. Whenever I see that I feel so sorry for the woman--if her husband thinks that way toward her it can't be a happy couple. :(

I'm with you two on that one.. I can't help but be annoyed every time a guy says that, even if they're joking, it comes off as very disrespectful to the woman. I wouldn't be with a guy who would speak about me in such a way, even jokingly. I don't like when guys speak so negatively about the girl they're with, especially behind their backs, where they can't even defend themselves. It always makes me wonder why they're with the girl if they're so annoyed by her.
 Unicorn.Ryuchan
Server: Unicorn
user: Ryuchan
By Unicorn.Ryuchan 2010-08-12 02:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I started playing FFXI as soon as I was legally able to have my own debit card for my bank account. And I started playing not because some guy wanted me to play or whatever, but because I'd played all the Final Fantasy games up until FFXI. Add in the fact that I started playing Final Fantasy games with my best friend (who also happens to be a girl)... and yeah. I've actually tried to get a few of my male friends to play, but none of them will stick with it for an extended period of time. :(
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-12 02:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Anamie said:

I know a girl who had a pretty close guy friend who eventually went a little crazy and got so obsessive, acting as if he owned her. He seemed emotionally unstable.. Followed her all over the game, sent 100+ POL messages, stalked and harassed all her friends, send many emails, and eventually threats.. He also created multiple characters to follow her and send more threats after she blocked him. GMs didn't do a thing so eventually she was forced to quit. There are some real freaks out there. Seemed perfectly normal at first... one of her closest friends, and then he just snapped or something.

I had this guy harassing me on game and managed to find my myspace and would harass me on there too. Reported him to GMs in game numerous of times and they didn't do anything expect tell me to 'call the cops'. lol I blocked everything from my myspace because it use to be private and blisted him on FF but trying to get him banned failed miserably. He eventually was banned I believe but he was harassing me for like 6 months before that even happened.

Edit: @Ryuchan None of my RL friends ever played more then a week :(
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-12 02:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've said it before but it warrants being said again:

Women of FFXI, I apologize on behalf of all sane males for those less mentally stable that give our gender a bad name.

Luckily for you there are decent guys out there in game that simply want to enjoy the game, but at the same time enjoy the company of a lady in a modest manner.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zefiris
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-08-12 03:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Girls aren't really going to get stalked by creepers without calling attention to themselves, whether they see it as innocent or not. Guys and girls alike should be careful with how they present themselves and who they get involved with. That really sounds like a PSA. XD
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-12 03:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Girls aren't really going to get stalked by creepers without calling attention to themselves, whether they see it as innocent or not. Guys and girls alike should be careful with how they present themselves and who they get involved with. That really sounds like a PSA. XD

First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16