Why Do People Hate That Players Put Up Personal Pictures Of Themselves?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why do people hate that players put up personal pictures of themselves?
Why do people hate that players put up personal pictures of themselves?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 16 17 18
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-02-19 11:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Holman said:
I want to know what do men have against breast shown?

I wouldn't mind if they were shown to me privately. If all of you see it too it's kind of like sloppy seconds.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-02-19 11:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Lakshmi.Holman said:
I want to know what do men have against breast shown?
I wouldn't mind if they were shown to me privately. If all of you see it too it's kind of like sloppy seconds.

[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-02-19 11:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd day... someone start another "Real Life Picture Thread" just for the rate ups/downs and explain yourself as to why you rated it so...
but doubt that would fly.

Not to mention...my pics would all get rated down anyway.
I'm a bizarre man... without a serious or appropriate photo to my name.
 Lakshmi.Holman
Server: Lakshmi
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-02-19 11:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Lakshmi.Holman said:
Someone display an acceptable girl picture because I'm confused. I mean you don't have to click on the picture.
Lakshmi.Holman said:
If she uploads it people are going to look.
QFI
Lakshmi.Holman said:
If men don't get a shot at her she's redeemed as a nasty girl. I'm sure more than half of her rate downs are rejected men and hating women.
Because rating somebody down and sharing your opinion is jealousy. Hell, I'd better go find that "Parry Skill to 268" pic... HOW DARE THAT *** GET PARRY CAPPED! Also, if you're so sure, go find the proof to back it up. Until then, you're just using your opinion to try and argue somebody else's opinion.
I always rate up or don't rate at all. I've seen some nice looking women get rated down for no apparent reason. All I'm asking is do you like breast or not?
 Ramuh.Mairah
Server: Ramuh
user: Mairah
By Ramuh.Mairah 2010-02-19 11:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Holman said:
Ramuh.Tousou said:
Lakshmi.Holman said:
Someone display an acceptable girl picture because I'm confused. I mean you don't have to click on the picture.
And the picture didn't have to be uploaded to the internet. What's your point?
If she uploads it people are going to look. If men don't get a shot at her she's redeemed as a nasty girl. I'm sure more than half of her rate downs are rejected men and hating women.

Believe it or not there are some people out there (some Men included) that think negatively of someone when they post pics like that. Its no different than if someone was walking around like that irl. People would be displeased.

Regardless of whether or not you think its perfectly fine, the way you present yourself shows something about your character. Any person that wants a real relationship with someone(whether it be friendship or otherwise) will tend to avoid certain types of people.
[+]
 Hades.Kylos
Server: Hades
user: Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-02-19 11:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

In my dynamis linkshell, we have a real life picture thread, and it goes down really well, it brings the LS more together, and makes it a more friendly place, so why is that not possible here?
 Lakshmi.Holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-02-19 11:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone get tyger woods in here.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-19 11:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kylos said:
In my dynamis linkshell, we have a real life picture thread, and it goes down really well, it brings the LS more together, and makes it a more friendly place, so why is that not possible here?
Because people are idiots. lol

I should post my pic on here but the only digital camera i have is my phone and it'd turn out like crap. Plus i look older than i really am >.>;
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-02-19 11:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ok first off , you're talkin about Internet Trolls .Trolls cant enjoy something unless it involves the internet , hence why so many play MMO games . you should be askin your self why sites like this have a rating system not just for pics but forum threads and replies . it again falls back to Internet Trolls . "there is power in numbers" . SInce there is a little icon to click to empower these ppl , it makes the site that much more popular . If they removed the rating system from this site , it would fall into obscurity . They can facelessly degrade you with one mighty click or a few simple scathing words to boost thier self esteem by taking some of yours . The only way to avoid this is not to post .if it bothers you , dont post . if you dont care or kinda like getting dumb comment and stuff then post something like this
http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=33419

but srsly who cares what a troll thinks anyway .

off topic this made me a sad panda :

Pandemonium.Bengal said:
my[/i] pictures that I had posted was an act of jealousy. Notice my boyfriend [/i]has -35 on my profile too? Not saying it's all "omg i'm so jello!" But usually when there's nothing wrong with a post or picture, yeah.
the good ones are always taken =/
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-19 11:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kylos said:
Depends on the pics. Most pics here actually go down well.
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-02-19 11:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not about realtionships though, and its not just about pics with girls who have their breasts out, its about all real life pictures, majority of which get rated down, no matter what they look like, unless its Vegettos pic which is pretty funny
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-19 11:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: People who actually care about ratings
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-19 11:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kylos said:
This is not about realtionships though, and its not just about pics with girls who have their breasts out, its about all real life pictures, majority of which get rated down, no matter what they look like, unless its Vegettos pic which is pretty funny
Actually most SS get rated down alot period unless they are like really funny or some epicly good/new thing.

It's when you get alot of negative comments that its when people really care lol. Otherwise if all they cared was to do 1 click verus actually typing something must not of cared that much
 Diabolos.Rydiya
Server: Diabolos
user: Rydiya
By Diabolos.Rydiya 2010-02-19 11:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> You guys know.. The rating system doesn't actually do anything here, much unlike Alla.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-02-19 11:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
ok first off , you're talkin about Internet Trolls .Trolls cant enjoy something unless it involves the internet , hence why so many play MMO games . you should be askin your self why sites like this have a rating system not just for pics but forum threads and replies . it again falls back to Internet Trolls . "there is power in numbers" . SInce there is a little icon to click to empower these ppl , it makes the site that much more popular . If they removed the rating system from this site , it would fall into obscurity . They can facelessly degrade you with one mighty click or a few simple scathing words to boost thier self esteem by taking some of yours . The only way to avoid this is not to post .if it bothers you , dont post . if you dont care or kinda like getting dumb comment and stuff then post something like this http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=33419 but srsly who cares what a troll thinks anyway . off topic this made me a sad panda :
Pandemonium.Bengal said:
my[/i] pictures that I had posted was an act of jealousy. Notice my boyfriend [/i]has -35 on my profile too? Not saying it's all "omg i'm so jello!" But usually when there's nothing wrong with a post or picture, yeah.

Ramuh.Mairah
user: Mairah
By Ramuh.Mairah 2010-02-19 11:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kylos said:

People will rate things down that they do not like or find distasteful?

regardless, why does it matter what a bunch of people you don't know on the internet think anyway?
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-02-19 11:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Hades.Kylos said:
Because people are idiots. lol

I should post my pic on here but the only digital camera i have is my phone and it'd turn out like crap. Plus i look older than i really am >.>;

Actually that's got nothing to do with it. A real life picture thread withing your LS is however you might see it a whole lot different than uploading your pics on this site.

There is in fact, not a single reason ANYONE should upload pics of themselves on here. You have facebook and myspace and all that crap for posting pictures. Please leave your personal pictures at homee.
[+]
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-02-19 11:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

well yea im not saying its just the ratings, it would be a combination of a bad rating and a bunch of negative comments over what is usually a perfectly normal picture of someone
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-02-19 11:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Mairah said:
Any person that wants a real relationship with someone(whether it be friendship or otherwise) will tend to avoid certain types of people.

This. A thousand *** times, this.
Phoenix.Mikumaru said:
Pandemonium.Bengal said:

And this. If you have a boyfriend online, you're a ***. Always. If you deny people, you're a ***. Always. Hence, why people online who show *** and claim single always get easy rides and internet white knights. It always has been and always will be this way.
[+]
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-02-19 11:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Holman said:
I always rate up or don't rate at all.

Well, I rarely rate anything. See where I'm going with this? If not, look below...
Hades.Kylos said:

Because maybe... just maybe people don't share the same opinion as you?

I know, I know... It's so difficult to understand. We should all cater to the people who don't like getting rated down. Just like we should cater to complete and utter censorship. That's right kids! No more Mithra pics unless they're wearing Black Mage AF!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-02-19 11:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

When I read the statements I took it as people didn't like seeing breast.
[+]
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-02-19 11:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok this thread dont need to turn nasty, was just looking for some opinions, and i think i got some good feedback, thanks
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-02-19 11:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Hades.Kylos said:
Because people are idiots. lol I should post my pic on here but the only digital camera i have is my phone and it'd turn out like crap. Plus i look older than i really am >.>;
Actually that's got nothing to do with it. A real life picture thread withing your LS is however you might see it a whole lot different than uploading your pics on this site. There is in fact, not a single reason ANYONE should upload pics of themselves on here. You have facebook and myspace and all that crap for posting pictures. Please leave your personal pictures at homee.
Question: Don't people have the right to choose whether or not they want to see a person's picture or not? Like Real Life Picture thread. If you don't want to see pictures, don't look at it. It's the person's choice if they want to post a picture or not, not the viewer's. Same with Facebook/Myspace. There will be some disturbing pictures but you're the idiot who clicked on them. Shunning people for posting pictures on a site is like someone shunning you on your opinion.
By Crawlerbasher 2010-02-19 11:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ppl are going on about this is not facebook or myspace yet the developers put in self-photo so that ppl can add photos of them self in real life.

There would not add this if there did not want ppl to post photos of them self on there profile account.

I think what there should do is disable rating and comments on self-photo to prevent trolls and butt holes from ruining it for everyone.
 Lakshmi.Holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-02-19 11:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Hades.Kylos said:
Because people are idiots. lol I should post my pic on here but the only digital camera i have is my phone and it'd turn out like crap. Plus i look older than i really am >.>;
Actually that's got nothing to do with it. A real life picture thread withing your LS is however you might see it a whole lot different than uploading your pics on this site. There is in fact, not a single reason ANYONE should upload pics of themselves on here. You have facebook and myspace and all that crap for posting pictures. Please leave your personal pictures at homee.
Question: Don't people have the right to choose whether or not they want to see a person's picture or not? Like Real Life Picture thread. If you don't want to see pictures, don't look at it. It's the person's choice if they want to post a picture or not, not the viewer's. Same with Facebook/Myspace. There will be some disturbing pictures but you're the idiot who clicked on them. Shunning people for posting pictures on a site is like someone shunning you on your opinion.
Facebooks not that bad, how myspace you need another stomach.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-02-19 11:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Shunning people for posting pictures on a site is like someone shunning you on your opinion.

QFI
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2010-02-19 11:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Hades.Kylos said:
maybe ppl do this cuz Facebook and stuff is for trolls who need the internet to feel important . if this was the case , any pic uploaded not for laughs would be considered a personal pic . Got a SS of you getting Joyuese? thats a personal pic that could be put on your Facebook . Finally got that Attestation ? again personal unless youre linking it to the item page so everyone can know what it looks like .
In some form or another this site is a social site for the FFXI community . The LS beta is also but doesnt have the options to do alot of the things you can here or Alla or w/e because they dont wantr it . have a problem with what is presented on the site then contact the Admins instead of being a troll.
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-02-19 11:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

QFI?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 16 17 18