Why Do People Hate That Players Put Up Personal Pictures Of Themselves?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why do people hate that players put up personal pictures of themselves?
Why do people hate that players put up personal pictures of themselves?
First Page 2 ... 16 17 18
 Hades.Kylos
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-02-19 10:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have seen this done a number of times, a player simply puts a picture of themselves, man or woman, and usually gets rated down, and abused because they put a picture,and get told this aint facebook/myspace/bebo or wherever people go.

Personally i dont see anything wrong with it, maybe they want their friends in game to actually know what they look like?

Why do girls get ridiculed for putting up any pictures that may be slightly revealing? Come on what is wrong with that? Why would you hate this? Personally i think if girls are not shy to do that, and wish to show off some costumes, or just to show how beautiful they are, then why hate them for it?

Does it all come down to the simple word, known as Jealousy?

Or does it come down to the fact that players only want to see final fantasy related pictures, but then again, this is completey contradictory, because i have seen those threads of Pictures that make you LOL, which usually have nothing to do with FFXI.

This is not me trying to stick up for some one, but just curious as why people hate this much, over a simple thing like a picture of someone, whats your thoughts???

[+]
 Pandemonium.Naten
Server: Pandemonium
user: Naten
By Pandemonium.Naten 2010-02-19 10:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

mad people are mad
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2010-02-19 10:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4troll.

Mean answer is that the people rating things down are worse looking and hate that they are reminded, even in their safehaven of FFXI, that there are more attractive players than them playing the game. Summed up,
Hades.Kylos said:
it all come(s) down to the simple word, known as Jealousy?

However, I do see the issue of someone posting 40 shots of themselves for no reason other than to *** with people (See: Vigor) or the same amount looking trashy for what can only be attention.

But one, two or even three (so long as the third has a point I guess? >_>)...the MOST likely and obvious answer though is people just like to QQ.
[+]
By Sierran 2010-02-19 10:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

<<< My costume rocks!!!!
[+]
 Shiva.Xellith
Server: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2010-02-19 10:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

here is my pic. Like you said it got rated down.

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=33741

some people are just idiots.
[+]
 Asura.Remorazz
Server: Asura
user: Remorazz
By Asura.Remorazz 2010-02-19 10:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

People on the internet have a natural tendency to transform into trolls.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Holman
Server: Lakshmi
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-02-19 10:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kylos said:
I have seen this done a number of times, a player simply puts a picture of themselves, man or woman, and usually gets rated down, and abused because they put a picture,and get told this aint facebook/myspace/bebo or wherever people go. Personally i dont see anything wrong with it, maybe they want their friends in game to actually know what they look like? Why do girls get ridiculed for putting up any pictures that may be slightly revealing? Come on what is wrong with that? Why would you hate this? Personally i think if girls are not shy to do that, and wish to show off some costumes, or just to show how beautiful they are, then why hate them for it? Does it all come down to the simple word, known as Jealousy? Or does it come down to the fact that players only want to see final fantasy related pictures, but then again, this is completey contradictory, because i have seen those threads of Pictures that make you LOL, which usually have nothing to do with FFXI. This is not me trying to stick up for some one, but just curious as why people hate this much, over a simple thing like a picture of someone, whats your thoughts???

It's all about
Ugly people always rate down.
[+]
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-02-19 10:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I already noticed this thread getting rated down, why?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Bengal
user: Zefie
By Pandemonium.Bengal 2010-02-19 10:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

:] Rating down means they're jealous, so I like it. ^^
[+]
 Asura.Remorazz
Server: Asura
user: Remorazz
By Asura.Remorazz 2010-02-19 10:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kylos said:

Simply because It can be humorous.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-02-19 10:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kylos said:
They have nothing else to spend their time on.
[+]
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-02-19 10:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess my sense of humor just dont seem to understand whats funny about rating down a thread, owell
[+]
 Lakshmi.Holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-02-19 10:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kylos said:
I guess my sense of humor just dont seem to understand whats funny about rating down a thread, owell
Just understand this world can't function without haters.
[+]
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-02-19 10:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Do people really get that bored they have nothing better to do then rate down other peoples threads and pictures? Seems a bit sad from where im sat
[+]
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-02-19 10:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kylos said:
Why do girls get ridiculed for putting up any pictures that may be slightly revealing?

Two Words: Attention ***

Not saying all women are, but there are plenty of women(and men even) that will do whatever it takes to get things either IG or on a forum.

Other examples of such include people that will fish for compliments by putting up pictures, then make comments like "I'm so fat" or "My breasts are so small."

On another note, a lot of pictures get rated down regardless. If you look at the ones with the top scores, you'll notice they're either amazingly beautiful drawings, or so humorous you need to see a doctor.

Anyway, you mentioned showing off costumes. There's a difference between showing off a costume, and showing yourself off. Someone who is showing off a costume tries to show the details of the costume, the quality of the fabric, and accuracy to whatever they're basing it on. Taking a full body photo, is often times about showing yourself off.

Finally, typical myspace photos are, in my case, a red flag. The "Breast Angle" is meant to do just that, show off your breasts.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-19 10:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Naten said:
mad people are mad

This^ Though some people here over do it with the pics
Hades.Kylos said:
Do people really get that bored they have nothing better to do then rate down other peoples threads and pictures? Seems a bit sad from where im sat
And yes yes they do. Or periodically check your profile for new comments to rate down lol. What's really amusing is if you delete and repost they will often re-rate down
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-19 10:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2010-02-19 10:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha wins the award for most overused image of the week. <.<
[+]
 Cerberus.Radaghast
Server: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2010-02-19 10:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Bengal said:

This is the most absurd form of logic I've ever read. Just because someone may, or may not be honest about something... say some skank skeezing her *** across the internet for attention, doesn't make them jealous, a hater, or anything else. Sometimes... honesty isn't a pretty picture. Think before you say stupid ***like "oh you're just jealous".
[+]
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2010-02-19 10:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quite a smart answer there Tousou, /salute

Still i feel some people should just like the pictures, if they dont then just move on, you dont need to start abusing the person for it
[+]
 Lakshmi.Holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-02-19 10:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Kylos said:
It's because everyone dates Super models and drive mercedes cars. Nobody lives with their mom in a one bedroom apartment with Dorito crumbs on the keyboard.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-19 10:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:
Rumaha wins the award for most overused image of the week. <.<

It fits, it makes me lol, that is all.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Bengal
By Pandemonium.Bengal 2010-02-19 10:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Hades.Kylos said:
Why do girls get ridiculed for putting up any pictures that may be slightly revealing?

Two Words: Attention ***

Not saying all women are, but there are plenty of women(and men even) that will do whatever it takes to get things either IG or on a forum.

Other examples of such include people that will fish for compliments by putting up pictures, then make comments like "I'm so fat" or "My breasts are so small."

On another note, a lot of pictures get rated down regardless. If you look at the ones with the top scores, you'll notice they're either amazingly beautiful drawings, or so humorous you need to see a doctor.

Anyway, you mentioned showing off costumes. There's a difference between showing off a costume, and showing yourself off. Someone who is showing off a costume tries to show the details of the costume, the quality of the fabric, and accuracy to whatever they're basing it on. Taking a full body photo, is often times about showing yourself off.

Finally, typical myspace photos are, in my case, a red flag. The "Breast Angle" is meant to do just that, show off your breasts.
My breasts are too tiny.

Why is it that women are called attention *** way more often than men?
I personally just act too much like a guy. >_>
I even tell people to s my d.
[+]
 Hades.Amnesia
user: Wishkah
By Hades.Amnesia 2010-02-19 10:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes some people feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that they may have annoyed someone by clicking the - button, otherwise they would have been forgotten for being so insignificant on these forums.
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2010-02-19 10:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

We do?
Sierran said:
<<< My costume rocks!!!!
Its at least bitchin'
Ramuh.Tousou said:
Hades.Kylos said:

Usually because they are fat. Rock what you got I guess.
By FayFay 2010-02-19 10:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's a combination of what everyone has already said. Mostly jealousy though in my opinion.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-19 10:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=35752

My highest rated pic is a self photo! lol but after this post it probably won't be anymore.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-02-19 10:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You could post the Cure for Cancer... and people WILL rate it down.
Its just the way people act. they like the "power" that comes from being in control to destroy something.

On the other hand... Post a pic. A Natural, nothing special picture. One that has you in your natural environment*
And you're cool in my book.

Its the pouty-lip, breasts out, suckin-in-the-gut, wearing next to nothing, holding a camera in the mirror (badly) and posing like your posting the pic on your Myspace women that need to STOP posting pics.

Same goes for the Guys.
Not every pic needs to look like you posing for the cover of a fashion magazine. Put a god-damn shirt on, turn your hat forward, don't toss signs out with your hands. Unpop the collar and stop trying the win this years "Douche-Bag" award.

THESE are the pictures people get tired of seeing.
Perhaps I don't speak for everyone...
But I for one am sick and tired of seeing those.

(especially the ones where you post 50 of them at one time in the rapid succession of a flip-book)

* That is to say, of course, if your natural environment is the bathroom mirror.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-02-19 10:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Hades.Kylos said:
Two Words: Attention *** Not saying all women are, but there are plenty of women(and men even) that will do whatever it takes to get things either IG or on a forum. Other examples of such include people that will fish for compliments by putting up pictures, then make comments like "I'm so fat" or "My breasts are so small." On another note, a lot of pictures get rated down regardless. If you look at the ones with the top scores, you'll notice they're either amazingly beautiful drawings, or so humorous you need to see a doctor. Anyway, you mentioned showing off costumes. There's a difference between showing off a costume, and showing yourself off. Someone who is showing off a costume tries to show the details of the costume, the quality of the fabric, and accuracy to whatever they're basing it on. Taking a full body photo, is often times about showing yourself off. Finally, typical myspace photos are, in my case, a red flag. The "Breast Angle" is meant to do just that, show off your breasts.
I bet you put those breast on a mithra and everyone will go crazy.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Bengal
By Pandemonium.Bengal 2010-02-19 10:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Radaghast said:
Pandemonium.Bengal said:

This is the most absurd form of logic I've ever read. Just because someone may, or may not be honest about something... say some skank skeezing her *** across the internet for attention, doesn't make them jealous, a hater, or anything else. Sometimes... honesty isn't a pretty picture. Think before you say stupid ***like "oh you're just jealous".
Rating down my pictures that I had posted was an act of jealousy.
Notice my boyfriend has -35 on my profile too?

Not saying it's all "omg i'm so jello!"
But usually when there's nothing wrong with a post or picture, yeah.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 16 17 18