Forum » FFXI » General » September 2017 Version Update
September 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2017-09-11 12:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairly certain they only level when using "Essence Steal" (full buff steal) as someone else here mentioned. Will keep checking, but I know for sure the last 2 were directly after that move.
 Bahamut.Baronton
Server: Bahamut
user: baronton
By Bahamut.Baronton 2017-09-11 12:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Aja said: »
Bahamut.Baronton said: »
Aja said: »
Chicken Knife II dropped from Rambunctious Rex.

Edit: Had a party of 6 and it dropped 6.

Do you happen to know the spawn conditions?
It repops in 5 minutes, max. Around the crag.

Thanks much!!!
By clearlyamule 2017-09-11 12:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta kill all the Qiqirn so seems best killing adds first given how low hp they have but how dangerous they can still be

Omen campaign is double omens. Haven't gotten a single one in 2 runs so so much for using this to find more "good" numbers
By clearlyamule 2017-09-11 12:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Nyarlko said: »
97% sure it's immune to Gravity.
Reain is saying the opposite! Who am I to believe now?! XD XD
Could be only landable with stymie/immunobreak. So might not be very reliable for non rdms
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2017-09-11 12:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Only beat it on Easy to try and get down a strat but from what I can tell from our runs was: Essence Steal == lvl up 99% positive. If no buffs are stolen then it does not regain HP (only witnessed this twice so not entirely sure on this one.

setup was: PLD/NIN SMN SMN COR COR SCH(didn't do anything)

PLD/NIN kited while SMN x2 killed add. Once they go for the remaining big add, they will have to BP it while it is readying a move @ PLD (only used daze, deadeye, and kibosh if not in melee range) until they pull hate. Once the Avatar has hate, one of the SMN can use Astral Conduit to kill it down fast.

This may work with D+ as well using shiva to open with sleepga while kiting the main add, SMN pick off the small adds asap.
By Nyarlko 2017-09-11 12:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
97% sure it's immune to Gravity.
Reain is saying the opposite! Who am I to believe now?! XD XD

The "level up with melee hit" mechanic affects only the boss or adds too?
How many adds on VE and how many on E and N if anybody knows?

All mobs will lvl/heal if they land a melee hit. If they are close enough to each other, all in range will also do it (even if they were zzz at the time.)

Adds:
VE=0, E=1, N=3, and I've heard VD=5...

DanielH said: »
Gravity II lands, at least with Stymie on VD. Certainly very resistant without help though it is possible at least on Easy.

And 1 add on easy.

NICE! Did it at least last full duration? Not cool that it takes that much to get it to land though. :( Does this mean that someone has beaten VD?! What comp/strat did you use?
 Odin.Blizzy
Server: Odin
user: Blizzit
By Odin.Blizzy 2017-09-11 13:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

where is the monthly ambuscade posts?
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-11 13:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If they only level up upon stealing a buff then I think a lot of non pet strategies should be viable. Anybody know if food counts?
By DanielH 2017-09-11 14:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

NICE! Did it at least last full duration? Not cool that it takes that much to get it to land though. :( Does this mean that someone has beaten VD?! What comp/strat did you use?

Literally went in and used it solo to try it. I imagine Saboteur could be used to your advantage but I'll leave it to far better geared players than I to try.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-11 14:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
If they only level up upon stealing a buff then I think a lot of non pet strategies should be viable. Anybody know if food counts?
All mobs will lvl/heal if they land a melee hit. If they are close enough to each other, all in range will also do it (even if they were zzz at the time.)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-11 14:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

except other people have said essence steal is triggering the level up, not melee hits.. and that seems much more reasonable
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-11 14:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like an easy test to conduct. Enter on lone Ochain PLD and see what happens.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-09-11 14:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
except other people have said essence steal is triggering the level up, not melee hits.. and that seems much more reasonable

Would also explain why pets don't trigger it.

Well, this presents an interesting challenge for soloing, in that we have to build a Trust team that doesn't cast any buffs at all (since clicking off Pro/Shell/Haste will force them to immediately recast) but can still heal a bit. Cornelia, Prishe, Gessho, Ajido, and...Selh'teus if the qiqirn has an AoE?
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-09-11 14:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If the Raetic Weapons have a 100% DA rate (and 50 STP for +1s) if it consumes the whole 5% MP, I could some of them being really good zerg weapons, especially in Escha or with a RDM where a tic or two of refresh can get you an extra hit when you're on a job without native MP.
By Staleyx 2017-09-11 14:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

After watching the dev video it might have something to do with number of active effects. Cant test atm if someone else wants to.
By tyalangan 2017-09-11 14:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Watched a JP BLU solo on Youtube who was getting hit the entire 10 minute run with full buffs. Never noticed a level up animation on the boss or add. Do not know of the Essence Steal animation and cannot read hiragana/katakana so unsure if it was used at all. All I know is it looked incredibly simple as he basically straight tanked them both on Easy (unless mobs do not level up on Easy).

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-11 14:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
If the Raetic Weapons have a 100% DA rate (and 50 STP for +1s) if it consumes the whole 5% MP, I could some of them being really good zerg weapons, especially in Escha or with a RDM where a tic or two of refresh can get you an extra hit when you're on a job without native MP.

Pretty naive to think you're going to get a large boost for having 5% of your max MP, especially on jobs without native MP. I would assume the boosts vary with the amount of MP drained(a DRK losing 40 MP out of their 800 will get a bigger benefit than a THF losing 8 MP out of their 150).
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2017-09-11 14:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Odin.Geriond said: »

Pretty naive to think you're going to get a large boost for having 5% of your max MP, especially on jobs without native MP. I would assume the boosts vary with the amount of MP drained(a DRK losing 40 MP out of their 800 will get a bigger benefit than a THF losing 8 MP out of their 150).

Yeah, there would be a big incentive to wear gear that reduced your max MP if it didn't scale based on the amount consumed per tick.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-09-11 14:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know when this was changed, or how recently, but the Green Wyvern Memento now gives Magic Haste instead of Gear Haste.
By Staleyx 2017-09-11 14:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Found the video he was talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqb7FpkoXiY

Not sure what is going on here to not cause the level up....
By waffle 2017-09-11 15:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched the dev video back when the update went up, and they never leveled it up either. They actually won too, which they basically never do.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-09-11 15:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So if you kill the bomb when the qiqirn puts it out, it never levels probably
By waffle 2017-09-11 15:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
So if you kill the bomb when the qiqirn puts it out, it never levels probably

One of the devs was on a ranged job, shooting the bomb every time it came out, so there might be something to that.
By Nyarlko 2017-09-11 15:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »
Found the video he was talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqb7FpkoXiY

Not sure what is going on here to not cause the level up....

Here's what GTrans spits out for the video summary:
Quote:
From this month one chapter seems to be advantageous. Faces are Ark EV, Celtus, Lilyz II, Yolan Oran, Colmol. Easy, one boss and one accompaniment. The feature of Kikirun here is that if there is support such as sphere effect and roll, it will be stolen and upgraded LV, so I think whether face will be better without entering support system. ※ It will be a serious thing to put in Cornelia which became available in VU ^ ^^ Do you want to use it at all or do not want to use it, do you want to trap and play?

This... could be the answer. Was thinking it was the bombs watching it at first because he was diligent in taking them out, but he let at least one go off and no lvl+/heal.. Sounds like basically: Avoid abilities belonging to those classified as support jobs and/or have spheres.

Was thinking it couldn't be 100% buff based because Reward grants a Regen effect which is normally stealable/dispellable, but since it's a BST (classified as melee lol) ability, it doesn't count? Now I must try again. ><;;

... How does the system identify the source? Would Refresh cast by a RDM trigger, but one cast by a RUN won't trigger? Is it specifically/only COR/BRD/GEO effects that are "bad"?
By Staleyx 2017-09-11 15:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok... I mimicked the trust the jp used and it never used the tp moves once... It can't be something with the trust he used right?

BLU plus whm mule
Lillisette 2
ArkEV
Apururu
Selh'teus.

Went down super fast and used all my normal buffs.
By waffle 2017-09-11 15:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, he used Koru-Moru, who isn't going to hold back on support spells. And Yoran was tossing out protect and shell too.
 Odin.Spoiled
user: Spoiled
By Odin.Spoiled 2017-09-11 15:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it has something to do with GEO bubbles, I had Cornelia on at the start of the fight and he leveled up twice, I unsummoned Cornelia and he didnt level up again the rest of the fight.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-09-11 15:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea seems like no essence steal and no level up if no songs/rolls/geo effects.
By Staleyx 2017-09-11 15:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes just confirmed this. Used geo bubble trust. Instant leveled up over and over.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11