If I recall, all the sphere trusts give max values from 99 and up
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-09-11 02:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Nothing noticable with the HQ rate so far.

Tried a mix of T0 and T1 synths with hq crystals with a bunch of nq's.

Same thing with me. Just went 0/12 on some T1 synths, and 2/24 on T2 synths, all with Coconut Rusk active.

Then I crit broke a Cursed Crown -1 upgrade synth......
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2017-09-11 02:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
but look at that HQ update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all prices will be 1gil for everything! every 10 sec of the day!
maybe on asura. :p
By Staleyx 2017-09-11 02:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just messing around with Volume 1.

Qiqirn Mob.

For me testing different jobs out. If I let it get a hit on me it will level up and 1hour over and over. Going sch and kiting it around the pole with a helix on it does nothing but a defense down move and slowly dies. As soon as I let it hit me starts leveling up which regains all hp and starts to hundred fist,perfect dodge,mighty strikes etc etc..

Once leveling up it will reset hate and regain hp back to 100%
The use of spinning fin causes the level up animation and hate reset. If you could deal dmg while not being close enough to get hit with this move its a easy win. Similar maybe to the Frog month of ambuscade. Have a tank kite and dd's trail behind doing dmg.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-09-11 03:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Qiqirns :
Adds are immune to NT Horde Lullaby and Stun, Sleepga works.
Might be immune to geo debuffs like the frog ambuscade, they were still at 100% with Geo-Poison, Volt Strike/Night Terror damage were the same w/ and w/o Bolster Frailty/Malaise.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-11 03:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Wowwwwwwwww.

There really aren't words for this update. Nothing I can put to paper seems to do it enough justice.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2017-09-11 03:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to put it out there that rambunctious rex is an ilvl NM. i ran up to it without trusts casting firaga 1, and it opened with great bleat. thanks manawall :D
By waffle 2017-09-11 04:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems the Japanese text added to rusks says it's HQ rate up and synth material loss down. So looks like it's localization mistake.
By kishr 2017-09-11 04:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What's good about these new weapons?

Just from weapon description I have no idea.
Can someone explain in a short term how?
 Asura.Seriweri
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2017-09-11 05:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

As I didn´t read anything about it here yet: ambuscade v2 is a wyrm, he goes airborne after some time, for around a minute. Casts -ga3 and t4 nukes, I´ve seen water, thunder and wind elements. Terror seems limited to 10 seconds, his wing is similar to fafnir (adds blind). None of his hits seem to be all too dangerous. I didn´t witness any SP animation. Takes more damage as his hp go down. CDC>CDC light did ~30k near the end, with walmart gear.

D kill on blu with august, yoran, selhteus, shantotto2 (I actually forgot to get a 5th trust out) in 8 minutes, easy.
VD kill on blu+geo dualbox with the same trusts, also in 8 minutes, also easy.

I didn´t bother nuking it in the air phases in both fights. August died both times and I still never went past yellow hp.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-09-11 06:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess we'll see how useful the new weapons can be in time.

Qiqirn E: 2 mobs. Pilferer and Scoundrel. Both repeatedly level up - not sure how to delevel them yet or stop the leveling up. Level ups reset hate.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-09-11 07:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
BLM/BRD/SMN finally got a good ilvl GAxe.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-09-11 07:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

The Scythe looks neat to play with, thats about it :/
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-09-11 07:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

... I didn't realize those jobs were on them until you said that.

Wtf
By Nyarlko 2017-09-11 08:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »

... I didn't realize those jobs were on them until you said that.

Wtf

And yet they couldn't be kind enough to put odd jobs on the new Rune stuff like the g.sword. ><;; Was kinda hoping for a way to avoid doing Master Trials specifically for Abyssea procs.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Seriweri
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2017-09-11 08:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
At 300/150 hallmarks and gallantry it is not worth doing V2 VD is it? Unless you can solo or 2box and it is less painful than pick up parties.
What mobs do you have to kill to get KIs and where are people going to get them?

10 dragons, puks will do, I went to bhaflau thickets hp but I´m sure there´s better spots.

Did they change which armor you get from hallmarks of gallantry?

gallantry buys alex/beitetsu/hpb now. no change in armor sets.
By Nyarlko 2017-09-11 08:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

At 300/150 hallmarks and gallantry it is not worth doing V2 VD is it? Unless you can solo or 2box and it is less painful than pick up parties.
What mobs do you have to kill to get KIs and where are people going to get them?

I've heard that it's simple, and it should be faster than V1VE. Given the mechanics in V1, I wouldn't be surprised if most ignore it. If you've got a good setup for V1 though, compare the time it takes for 1xV1E (600hm/400gal, ~10min muddling thru w/ a pet setup) to 2xV2VD(600hm/300gal).

10x Dragons for V2 KI. The devs were kind enough to forget to remind us that Puks count as dragons (even though they reminded JP players.)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-11 09:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So on Intense the mobs level up every time they deal any damage to a player? That's kind of dumb though...

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-11 09:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So any reason that 5 THF/NIN or DNC/NIN or NIN with a BRD couldn't beat V1, assuming all are competent and don't get hit?

You talking V1 Easy because the D / VD arena require much a much higher buff level. So GEO + BRD at a minimum, no idea how it deals with them damaging a luopan and normally at that level you want a tank because of how ridiculous their attacks can be.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-09-11 09:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Raetic Rod +1
DMG:193 Delay:280 HP+25 MP+25 Magic Accuracy+42 Club skill +215 Parrying skill +215 Magic Accuracy skill +242 "Cure" potency +23% "Cure" MP consumed +30% "Cure"+50 "Cure" potency II +10%
By Felgarr 2017-09-11 09:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »

I've heard that it's simple, and it should be faster than V1VE. Given the mechanics in V1, I wouldn't be surprised if most ignore it. If you've got a good setup for V1 though, compare the time it takes for 1xV1E (600hm/400gal, ~10min muddling thru w/ a pet setup) to 2xV2VD(600hm/300gal).

10x Dragons for V2 KI. The devs were kind enough to forget to remind us that Puks count as dragons (even though they reminded JP players.)

Where are folks going for puks?
Why are folks trying a pet setup for V1? (I don't know anythign about V1 just yet).

Post deleted by User.
By Boshi 2017-09-11 09:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr:
Aht Urghan HP for Puppet in Peril fight.
Think 75 era war/nin burn pts.

~~

Rod looks interesting, could always just make a rule to only use it if mp above a certain percent. Especially in like escha/reis with refresh vorseals up. I would probably use this on rdm if they had put it on.

Hands are gonna be a solid idle piece for some of those jobs.
Also: acc/racc55 and all stat+38 combo might make them useful for some random ws's with strange mods.
Say like a low ftp with a strange combo of str or dex with a magical stat (mnd int chr)
Brd Mythic Ws comes to mind (these would be 2nd best to regal barely), as does lol blade:kamu.
Brd/Whm/Smn have no wsd hands options so more likelihood of these being useful for WS there.

Dagger: ignoring all the extra mp stuff you still get
DMG:129 Delay:187 (nq: 128/192) skill242 on a dagger rng, nin, & cor are on
That's just a strong dagger in it's own right without the mp stuff.
for comparison Odium: DMG:113 Delay:208 (acc/att+13 all stat+13)

last, I'm assuming hq rate sucks but if it doesnt the bow could be a dt-3 alternative to staunch for maging rdm/brd/smn/sch
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-09-11 10:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

A young woman opened up an ornately decorated letter delivered to her in the Metalworks. The sender: The Jeuno Institute of Magical Studies.

We hereby congratulate you on being selected by adventurers the world over to participate in the Trust Initative! Now you, too, can be everywhere at once as Vana'diel's finest take you as their companion on myriad journeys.

Cornelia neatly folded the piece of paper in half, saying softly but proudly, "My adventure begins here!"

What Cornelia failed to realize was that in tiny, tiny print was written a list of "Terms and Conditions" that stipulated her participation in the initiative, including an off-hand mention of some scroll.

-----------------------

A big thank you to everyone who participated in the 15th Vana'versary The One I Can Trust Campaign! You have made your voices heard, and we are proud to bring to you an alter ego of Cornelia in celebration of fifteen years of FINAL FANTASY XI!

Cornelia would like to say a few words in commemoration of this momentous event.

"I'm so honored and humbled that you would choose me as your adventuring companion. I have long wanted to travel the world, and as the president's daughter I pledge that I will do my nation proud!"

About Cornelia
Cornelia is a supportive alter ego who grants the player calling her forth the following benefits:

Haste+ / Accuracy+ / Range Accuracy+ / Magic Accuracy+

* The exact value of these effects vary based on your level.
* Only the icon for Haste+ will display, but all effects will be active.

Acquiring the Alter Ego
If you have completed the quest Trust, you will automatically obtain the alter ego upon logging in after the Monday, September 11, 2017, version update. No message will be displayed signifying that you have acquired the alter ego.
If you have not completed the quest Trust, you must first complete it after the Monday, September 11, 2017, version update and then relog or change areas. No message will be displayed signifying that you have acquired the alter ego.

Period when the alter ego may be used
Cornelia's alter ego may be used between the version update on Monday, September 11, 2017, and the version update in May 2018.
* Exact dates are subject to change.

So it's temporary? Why?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-11 10:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
So any reason that 5 THF/NIN or DNC/NIN or NIN with a BRD couldn't beat V1, assuming all are competent and don't get hit?

You talking V1 Easy because the D / VD arena require much a much higher buff level. So GEO + BRD at a minimum, no idea how it deals with them damaging a luopan and normally at that level you want a tank because of how ridiculous their attacks can be.
I would be happy with V1 E, yeah. Can the mobs be pulled apart if you had one DD soloing each? If so do they still all fully heal if pulled apart and one manages to land a hit? This sounds like a nightmare and I was really excited about the increased points change. This is just going to result in a massively busy and blocked V2.

So far pet setups are able to beat V1VE in 10 minutes lol.

They are sleepable though so maybe DD's using shadows and stuff like slow + paralyze enfeebles. Think they all use ST moves that shadows absorb.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11