First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-11 10:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
So it's temporary? Why?

My guess, they want to experiment with stronger trusts and it's effect on game balance without giving introducing something OP only to have to nerf it later.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-11 10:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless they give a trust Brew-Sphere nothing they could possibly do would make any trust too strong.

The right answer is square; square does nothing that makes sense.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-09-11 10:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
DirectX said: »
At 300/150 hallmarks and gallantry it is not worth doing V2 VD is it? Unless you can solo or 2box and it is less painful than pick up parties.
What mobs do you have to kill to get KIs and where are people going to get them?

I've heard that it's simple, and it should be faster than V1VE. Given the mechanics in V1, I wouldn't be surprised if most ignore it. If you've got a good setup for V1 though, compare the time it takes for 1xV1E (600hm/400gal, ~10min muddling thru w/ a pet setup) to 2xV2VD(600hm/300gal).

10x Dragons for V2 KI. The devs were kind enough to forget to remind us that Puks count as dragons (even though they reminded JP players.)

VE was unchanged. You'll have to do at least E to get the improved rates.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-09-11 10:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
So it's temporary? Why?

My guess, they want to experiment with stronger trusts and it's effect on game balance without giving introducing something OP only to have to nerf it later.

It doesn't seem OP. But S/E never had much common sense. If anything it just replaces Ulmia who derps out and uses ballads half of the time lol.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2017-09-11 10:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
kishr said: »
What's good about these new weapons?
BLM/BRD/SMN finally got a good ilvl GAxe.

... I didn't realize those jobs were on them until you said that.

Wtf
I totally used to run around everywhere on my blm with a rune chopper... cuz I could. :3
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-11 10:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So it's temporary? Why?

It doesn't seem OP. But S/E never had much common sense. If anything it just replaces Ulmia who derps out and uses ballads half of the time lol.

It's much stronger then the other support trusts.

And when I say "OP" I'm meaning in reference to single player online game with trusts vs actually playing an MMO.

The very existence of trusts already puts a huge dent into the a reason to make groups, though I understand their necessity on low population servers.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-09-11 10:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So it's temporary? Why?

And when I say "OP" I'm meaning in reference to single player online game with trusts vs actually playing an MMO.

The very existence of trusts already puts a huge dent into the a reason to make groups, though I understand their necessity on low population servers.

I think part of their reasoning is so people will keep paying for an extra account (Pocket GEO/BRD/ETC Mule)
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-09-11 10:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

70k craft points for new shield upgrade that's gonna be a few billion gil in wool and silk threads lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-09-11 10:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So it's temporary? Why?

I think part of their reasoning is so people will keep paying for an extra account (Pocket GEO/BRD/ETC Mule)

If they were to ramp up the power of trusts to make up for lost subscriptions, I wonder how many buffs it would take for a trust MNK to exceed the power of a PC MNK.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-11 10:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

While MNK is in a terrible place against other jobs, it would never be as bad as a trust. The AI is simply terrible.

The best case scenario trust dps is like 125 lol.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-09-11 10:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

There really isn't anything a MNK does that requires much AI other than Engage and Weapon Skill. They already don't Boost, so that's solid. Focus, and really all MNK JAs, are now equally useless to PCs and NPCs alike.

So, if all trusts were to get some kind of global buff to increase DMG and WS DMG, I could see a trust MNK exceeding the DMG of a player MNK, assuming SE used a trust SAM as a baseline for the DMG buff.

All bitter hypotheticals, but not completely beyond possibility.
By Nyarlko 2017-09-11 10:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So any reason that 5 THF/NIN or DNC/NIN or NIN with a BRD couldn't beat V1, assuming all are competent and don't get hit?

You talking V1 Easy because the D / VD arena require much a much higher buff level. So GEO + BRD at a minimum, no idea how it deals with them damaging a luopan and normally at that level you want a tank because of how ridiculous their attacks can be.
I would be happy with V1 E, yeah. Can the mobs be pulled apart if you had one DD soloing each? If so do they still all fully heal if pulled apart and one manages to land a hit? This sounds like a nightmare and I was really excited about the increased points change. This is just going to result in a massively busy and blocked V2.

So far pet setups are able to beat V1VE in 10 minutes lol.

They are sleepable though so maybe DD's using shadows and stuff like slow + paralyze enfeebles. Think they all use ST moves that shadows absorb.

The mobs all like to DA/TA frequently, so shadows on anyone but NIN are gonna get torn down fast. You want to pull them apart in case one gets triggered, the rest will wake up and trigger too. (Just learned this the hard way..) Pretty sure I got hit by at least one move that went thru shadows too, and I think bombs wipe them as well, so make sure you have someone who can heal everyone.

Bombs do not appear to be involved w/ debuffing the mobs. Managed to kill a couple before they exploded and nothing else happened.

Just tried this w/ a manaburn setup w/ PLD kiting boss, and the adds built up resistance to sleep (and the boss to bind) quite quickly. Quicker than it's possible to kill the boss, so I think manaburn strat may be out. :( Eyeballed estimate of ~1mil HP for the boss on Normal. Adds seem to go down a lot faster, so maybe half that.

The biggest obstacle actually is the apparent immunity to GEO debuffs. This affects everyone's output, regardless of strategy.

It may be possible to pull a repeat of the frog and use melees w/ tank kiting, though I haven't tried that. It would probably be rather risky tho since one goof or hate reset can basically reset the whole fight. ><;;

I can't figure out how the heck V1VD is expected to be beatable after what I've seen at the lower difficulties.....
By Nyarlko 2017-09-11 10:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
At 300/150 hallmarks and gallantry it is not worth doing V2 VD is it? Unless you can solo or 2box and it is less painful than pick up parties.
What mobs do you have to kill to get KIs and where are people going to get them?

I've heard that it's simple, and it should be faster than V1VE. Given the mechanics in V1, I wouldn't be surprised if most ignore it. If you've got a good setup for V1 though, compare the time it takes for 1xV1E (600hm/400gal, ~10min muddling thru w/ a pet setup) to 2xV2VD(600hm/300gal).

10x Dragons for V2 KI. The devs were kind enough to forget to remind us that Puks count as dragons (even though they reminded JP players.)

VE was unchanged. You'll have to do at least E to get the improved rates.

Oops. Typo on my end. Values were correct, shoulda been "E" not "VE". orz
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-09-11 10:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't figure out how the heck V1VD is expected to be beatable after what I've seen at the lower difficulties.....

I don't think SE has ever shown concern about any of their content having actual solutions. That's a big part of the challenge we all love. And a key pillar to their horrible design choices.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-09-11 10:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, on the whole, Trusts reduce the appeal of paying for additional accounts, so I'm not sure that's the motivation.

Offhand, I can't think of other trusts that were automatically granted like this though. So, perhaps that aspect is what will end up being time limited. Just as speculation, maybe we'll end up getting a Cornelia Cipher as a reward from the Vana'versary RoEs after they stop rewarding ANV keys.
By clearlyamule 2017-09-11 10:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

Where are folks going for puks?
Why are folks trying a pet setup for V1? (I don't know anythign about V1 just yet).
They aren't leveling up when hitting pets. Will level up if they hit a trust though. Finally got to pull out Gessho for blink tanking lol.

On top of normal Qiqirn moves they also gain the "Theft" line of moves. Given the aforementioned leveling up I've not had my actual players hit by them to see exactly what they all do but can guess based on name and what others do. Theft moves are basically spammed regardless of tp

Hp Theft- Didn't really notice much change in the mobs hp but that might just be do to the total hp difference but the target lost a rather large chunk of hp each time. Autos were losing around 1/3 total

Tp Theft- Probably takes the targets tp. Will immediately use a normal Qiqirn move after

Ability Theft- Doesn't seem to do anything right away but based on logs it looks like this is what allows it to use 2hrs though since I've only seen duration ones it's hard to say exactly since it would wait for one to end before doing another. I only saw PD and blood weapon after 2 easies

Mp Theft- Assume it takes mp doesn't seem to do anything else

Status Theft- This one actually hit one of my trusts and took a buff

Also to note when at a distance the main one seems Faze and sometimes dead eye instead of the theft moves making it relatively easy to kite. And the little one goes down rather quick. Easy is taking about 4 minutes with using overdrive <.<. Da fuq SE
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2017-09-11 10:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohohoho I didn't realize they weren't leveling up with pets. Interesting.
By Nyarlko 2017-09-11 10:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »

Eh, on the whole, Trusts reduce the appeal of paying for additional accounts, so I'm not sure that's the motivation.

Offhand, I can't think of other trusts that were automatically granted like this though. So, perhaps that aspect is what will end up being time limited. Just as speculation, maybe we'll end up getting a Cornelia Cipher as a reward from the Vana'versary RoEs after they stop rewarding ANV keys.

We've known this trust would be time limited from the point they announced the contest. Highly unlikely they'll be making her permanent as she is now part of the Vana'versary celebration.

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »

I don't think SE has ever shown concern about any of their content having actual solutions. That's a big part of the challenge we all love. And a key pillar to their horrible design choices.

True, but given how this is the inaugural month for the V1 changes, I'd think it would at least be easy to come up w/ a potentially viable strategy even if the fight itself was quite challenging. Whether it works or not matters less to me than how V1VD seems to be mathematically impossible. ._.;;
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-09-11 11:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It levels up when it does Essence theft. Unless we can figure out a way to stop it spamming that I think it's gonna be a pet month.
 Bahamut.Baronton
Server: Bahamut
user: baronton
By Bahamut.Baronton 2017-09-11 11:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Aja said: »
Chicken Knife II dropped from Rambunctious Rex.

Edit: Had a party of 6 and it dropped 6.

Do you happen to know the spawn conditions?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-09-11 11:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja San blink kite
Geomancer indi gravity lock on
Shoot it down?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-11 11:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Other people have been reporting that debuff Bubbles do not seem to work. The Qiqrin might be immune, needs more testing.
If they are right, Indi-Gravity wouldn't work on it.

Can't you use just normal gravity? Did I miss someone reporting him being immune/resistant to Gravity?
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-09-11 11:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Tramp has been waiting for this moment
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-09-11 11:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

On VE it's not immune to gravity but does have the Thief resist-gravity trait. Easy to bind, harder to gravity. I haven't actually geared my rdm in about 8 years so my RDM isnt a reliable test.

Isn't too hard to kite. Has lots of regain and spams tp moves.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-11 11:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, VE is out of question for me.
If I have to spend 10 mins to do a VE fight I might as well spam vol2 VD, but that's just me.

Either I'm able to make Easy/Normal Vol1 or it's not worth it for me.
Again, just my personal stance on it.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2017-09-11 11:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Other people have been reporting that debuff Bubbles do not seem to work. The Qiqrin might be immune, needs more testing.
If they are right, Indi-Gravity wouldn't work on it.

Can't you use just normal gravity? Did I miss someone reporting him being immune/resistant to Gravity?

97% sure it's immune to Gravity. ES+Subduction from BLU/blm did damage but did not land the gravity effect. Doubt that Gravity spell would work in this case. Only other serious option would be checking Rudra's Storm, but I don't feel like doing so myself.

They are also all immune to Break, and though I got only a resist msg for Stun, I've gone ~0/20 so far. They also build resistance rather quickly, started full resisting Bind and Sleepga II around 6-7 casts on Normal.

Unless someone can confirm something like killing the boss first ends the fight, I think that Easy will be as high as most groups are going to be able to go. :/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-11 12:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

97% sure it's immune to Gravity.
Reain is saying the opposite! Who am I to believe now?! XD XD

The "level up with melee hit" mechanic affects only the boss or adds too?
How many adds on VE and how many on E and N if anybody knows?
By DanielH 2017-09-11 12:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
97% sure it's immune to Gravity.
Reain is saying the opposite! Who am I to believe now?! XD XD

The "level up with melee hit" mechanic affects only the boss or adds too?
How many adds on VE and how many on E and N if anybody knows?

Gravity II lands, at least with Stymie on VD. Certainly very resistant without help though it is possible at least on Easy.

And 1 add on easy.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11