Random Politics & Religion #25

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #25
Random Politics & Religion #25
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 59 60 61
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-30 21:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I think a tax credit for payroll expenses would help americans more than a minimum wage increase
A) Who receives the tax credit? EITC already exists on the employee side, and employers do receive a tax deduction on income taxes for payroll taxes. Plus, for certain industries, like restaurants, there's the FICA tax credit, but only for certain events (and I know people here would get super angry if I say what those certain events are, even though they wouldn't understand why these people get the credit). There's also a little-known tax credit for hiring convicts and veterans, also there used to be the Empowerment Zone tax credit, and before Obamacare, the Small Business Medical Insurance tax credit. All those are employer tax credits that either get's hit on the business returns (in case of C corporations) or personal returns (on S corporations, Schedule C employers, or 1065s)
B) You know you opened a can of worms, right? Or are you looking for a way to get some sleep? I could recite/source the tax code, it would put anyone to sleep. IRS agents included.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-06-30 21:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

you're weird dude.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-30 22:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, yes I am.

Who else but me enjoy reciting tax code like it's nothing?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2017-06-30 22:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant a credit for employers against their capital gains taxes or whatever based on how much they pay their people. try to incentivize higher pay for deserving individuals instead of mandating it? (like I say I've been drinking, idk)
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-30 22:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Then why is it that the mayor of Seattle, along with almost every single liberal in existence, is praising the first study which not only doesn't cover all industries
Good for them? Lol. And it's not nearly the first study of its kind, if you meant it that way.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-30 22:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
sup P&R folks, been too long.
Not long enough BUDDY /sneer
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2017-06-30 22:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

whatever!

That wild woman St. Vincent is going to release another album, we should meet up at a show and get drunk and annoy my wife.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2017-07-01 02:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

More HIDDEN Planets in our Solar System...
...add #10 + #9
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/06/27/a-mysterious-mars-sized-planet-may-be-hiding-at-the-edge-of-our-solar-system/?utm_term=.d15922a979f6

Banned from FFXIAH for idk a year and NASA and Astrophisics are still FoS w/ G-Waves discovery. Flat Space. It bends. You can puncture in it. You can jump off Flat Earth into the SMBH...

Then they claim Einstein predicted such when Einstein himself flatout rejected the existence of either SMBH or G-Waves /clap

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Yatenkou 2017-07-01 17:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting reports that Chlorine gas attack happened in Syria, hearing 30 casualties. Will try to confirm.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2017-07-02 10:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The source is confirmed false until a larger media source reports on it. As of right now I'm considering it fake.
By Yatenkou 2017-07-02 10:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Yatenkou said: »
Getting reports that Chlorine gas attack happened in Syria, hearing 30 casualties. Will try to confirm.

Nobody cares, Trump posted a WWE gif.
I know and I'm laughing my *** off. This is going to be a magical 8 years.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-02 12:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

And the usual outrage ensues.

Tomorrow, on As the Trump Turns, will Jarod finally get that legislative proposal he always wanted? Will Melania and Barrack get caught in their love affair? What will Trump Tweet next? Find out all this, and more, on As the Trump Turns.

Also, I'm copywritting WWTTN. You owe me $.75 for reading that.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2017-07-02 15:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I find it really pathetic that the media is saying that Trump is mental, when they've been constantly dog piling him 24/7 and being unrelenting about it. I mean over 90% of CNN's coverage of Trump was negative, and that's saying something...I personally think a lot of the media figures have gone insane.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-02 21:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

CNN is freaking out saying Trump is encouraging violence against reporters with his posted gif.

In unrelated news, CNN's parent company sponsored the nightly assassination of Donald Trump in a Shakespeare In the Park production.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Yatenkou 2017-07-03 14:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

CNN is freaking out saying Trump is encouraging violence against reporters with his posted gif.

In unrelated news, CNN's parent company sponsored the nightly assassination of Donald Trump in a Shakespeare In the Park production.
And not only that but Kathy Griffin held up a severed, bloodied head of Trump and yet a lot of people are trying to defend it as "free speecH" look, I'm ok with someone saying they hate the current president, that's their opinion and they're totally entitled to it, but stuff like what the left has been doing lately is completely and utterly insane.

In other news, Homeland Security in New Jersey has labeled Antifa as a terror group, so hopefully more states fall in line.

https://www.njhomelandsecurity.gov/analysis/anarchist-extremists-antifa?rq=antifa
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2017-07-03 17:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Better watch out for those guys

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Viciouss 2017-07-03 19:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The only interesting thing out of New Jersey these days is Chris Christie closing the beaches so he can have them all to himself. Which, I don't understand that, not gonna see any babes that way.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-03 21:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Which, I don't understand that, not gonna see any babes that way.
Lots of curves though.

Just the wrong kind.

/wiggle
[+]
By Yatenkou 2017-07-03 22:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Viciouss said: »
Which, I don't understand that, not gonna see any babes that way.
Lots of curves though.

Just the wrong kind.

/wiggle
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-05 09:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kellyanne Conway Tells Addicts That They Need “Will” Not Healthcare Coverage For Treatment
Politicus

Quote:
Kellyanne Conway argued on ABC’s This Week that the government needs to spend less money on treating opioid addiction, and instead addicts need to rely on “will” to get healthy.

Transcript via ABC’s This Week:

CONWAY: And George, I would point out that President Obama, through ObamaCare and else wise, poured money into crises like this and where are we?

You can fill up every seat in Yankee Stadium and that accounts for the number of people who died of drug addiction in this country just last year. Thirty-three thousand of whom opioid-related. It’s a gateway to heroin use, fentanyl, carfentanil. It’s all of these problems.

And so pouring money into the problem is not only answer. We have to get serious about in-facility treatment and recovery. It…

STEPHANOPOULOS: That takes money, Kellyanne.

CONWAY: It takes money and it also takes a four letter word called will. It takes the focus that it includes money, but it also includes understanding the difference between just interdiction and prevention, but, also recovery and treatment.

We have a lot more success stories now even though no state has been spared and no demographic group has been untouched.

George, money alone hasn’t solved this problem. ObamaCare spent billions of dollars and where are we?

That really was an adviser to the President Of The United States suggesting that while a crisis of opioid addiction ravages the country, the US should spend less money on drug treatment and instead rely on “will” to solve the problem.

Conway’s comments part of a pattern with the Trump administration. The White House blames victims instead of solving problems. According to Trump, poor people aren’t smart enough to be in his administration. It has become a common belief among Republicans that people are poor because they refuse to work. In this same This Week interview, Conway suggested that if people want health insurance, they should just get a job. Addicts don’t any help getting clean because they lack the “will” to kick their addiction.

The Trump White House believes in blaming people, not helping them.

Donald Trump talked a big game about combating the opioid epidemic during the presidential campaign, but what he really meant was addicts, and their families will be on their own.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-07-05 09:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Better watch out for these guys

lol they work out about as hard as morbidly obese old women at Curve... it looks like they all failed gym class in high school.

and all they throw a punch like a bunch of sissies...

Dear Kids:

When you only weigh 98 pounds, forget about punching anything. bring a baseball bat... but even then it's pretty risky. Chances are high that you're going to hurt your hands way worse than any body part you connect with on a one of those bikers at the trump rallies...

Of course the pain in your hands will soon be overshadowed by the haunting realization that bikers, almost above all else, really really really really really really really enjoy kicking stupid people's *** in...it will sink in as their mocking laughter fills your ears right before you loose consciousness.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-05 09:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Kellyanne Conway Tells Addicts That They Need “Will” Not Healthcare Coverage For Treatment
Politicus

Quote:
Kellyanne Conway argued on ABC’s This Week that the government needs to spend less money on treating opioid addiction, and instead addicts need to rely on “will” to get healthy.

Transcript via ABC’s This Week:

CONWAY: And George, I would point out that President Obama, through ObamaCare and else wise, poured money into crises like this and where are we?

You can fill up every seat in Yankee Stadium and that accounts for the number of people who died of drug addiction in this country just last year. Thirty-three thousand of whom opioid-related. It’s a gateway to heroin use, fentanyl, carfentanil. It’s all of these problems.

And so pouring money into the problem is not only answer. We have to get serious about in-facility treatment and recovery. It…

STEPHANOPOULOS: That takes money, Kellyanne.

CONWAY: It takes money and it also takes a four letter word called will. It takes the focus that it includes money, but it also includes understanding the difference between just interdiction and prevention, but, also recovery and treatment.

We have a lot more success stories now even though no state has been spared and no demographic group has been untouched.

George, money alone hasn’t solved this problem. ObamaCare spent billions of dollars and where are we?

That really was an adviser to the President Of The United States suggesting that while a crisis of opioid addiction ravages the country, the US should spend less money on drug treatment and instead rely on “will” to solve the problem.

Conway’s comments part of a pattern with the Trump administration. The White House blames victims instead of solving problems. According to Trump, poor people aren’t smart enough to be in his administration. It has become a common belief among Republicans that people are poor because they refuse to work. In this same This Week interview, Conway suggested that if people want health insurance, they should just get a job. Addicts don’t any help getting clean because they lack the “will” to kick their addiction.

The Trump White House believes in blaming people, not helping them.

Donald Trump talked a big game about combating the opioid epidemic during the presidential campaign, but what he really meant was addicts, and their families will be on their own.
Better than the other four letter word that seems to be Obama's solution to everything: "wish"

Because, if you have been paying attention, it seems like all that administration ever did was throw money at the problem and "wish" it went away.

At least Conway stated that you need more than just throwing money at the problem. You need to try to solve the problem too (that's the "will" part you and that source seems to miss).
By Nausi 2017-07-05 09:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

CNN has found the personal info of the Trump/CNN meme creator and has threatened to doxx him.

This ***is crazy, it's literally blackmail and it is against the law.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-05 10:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
This ***is crazy, it's literally blackmail and it is against the law.

Law doesn't apply to liberals if it's for the cause. "The Cause" over rides everything else in it's importance.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-07-05 10:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Blackmail:

Noun: the action, treated as a criminal offense, of demanding money from a person in return for not revealing compromising or injurious information about that person.

Verb: demand money from a person in return for not revealing compromising or injurious information about that person

Literally not blackmail. Possibly Coercion (maybe) but the timeline of events between the parties is muddled.
By Nausi 2017-07-05 10:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, coercion, extortion whatever. Non-legal definitions have some overlap. (do you feel better?)

Coercion is also against the law.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-05 10:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Coercion is also against the law.
Federal and state law.

To be honest, that reddit user has the ability to file criminal and civil charges against CNN.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 59 60 61