Random Politics & Religion #25

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #25
Random Politics & Religion #25
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 59 60 61
By Viciouss 2017-06-29 21:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of states, especially high population ones, decline the request. Let the commission obtain the data on their own.
By fonewear 2017-06-29 21:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Trump election panel asks all 50 states for voter roll data
The Hill, leans left

Quote:
The vice chairman of President Trump’s commission on election integrity sent a letter to all 50 states Wednesday requesting information on their voter rolls.

Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach is seeking several pieces of information about voters, including their names, birthdays, the last four digits of their Social Security numbers and their voting history dating back to 2006.

The letter, sent to the secretaries of state of all 50 states and obtained by The Hill, directs states to turn over “publicly-available voter roll data including, if publicly available under the laws of your state, the full first and last names of all registrants, middle names or initials if available, addresses, dates of birth, political party (if recorded in your state), last four digits of social security number if available, [and] voter history from 2006 onward.”

Kobach’s letter asks states to respond to a list of questions about voting in their states, inquiring about “law, policies or other issues hinder your ability to ensure the integrity of elections you administer.” He also asks for information about “convictions for election -related crimes” since the November 2000 presidential election.

The letter also stipulates that documents submitted to the commission “will also be made available to the public.” States were given a deadline of July 14 to submit the info to the commission.

Jason Kander, the head the Democratic National Committee’s Commission on Protecting American Democracy from the Trump Administration, blasted the letter in a statement, calling it “very concerning.”

"It's obviously very concerning when the federal government is attempting to get the name, address, birth date, political party and Social Security number of every voter in the country,” Kander said. “ I certainly don't trust the Trump Administration with that information, and people across the country should be outraged."

Connecticut said it will comply with the commission's request "in the spirit of transparency," but its secretary of state, Denise Merrill, also issued a challenge to Kobach.

"In the same spirit of transparency, we will request that the Commission share any memos, meeting minutes or additional information as state officials have not been told precisely what the Commission is looking for," Merrill wrote.

"This lack of openness is all the more concerning, considering that the Vice Chair of the Commission, Kris Kobach, has a lengthy record of illegally disenfranchising eligible voters in Kansas."

Vice President Pence announced Wednesday that the election integrity commission would meet for the first time in July. Pence, who is chairing the commission, told its members that the group’s focus will be to “protect and preserve the principle of one person, one vote.”

Trump signed an executive order in May establishing the commission, stating that the purpose of the group is to “promote fair and honest federal elections.”

Kobach and Trump have both made unsubstantiated claims that large numbers of undocumented immigrants vote in U.S. elections.

In January, Kobach told Fox Business that “it will be impossible to ever know what the exact number is of non-citizens voting. I think it probably was [millions]."

"If you take the whole country, I think it is probably in excess of a million, if you take the entire country for sure," Kobach said at the time.

Trump, meanwhile, has said he would have won the popular vote in November had it not been for fraud.

"In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally," Trump wrote on Twitter in November.

All you got to do is check FFXIAH all the voting data you could ever want.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-30 07:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Can't believe I agree with a democrat/liberal.

That's very dangerous, especially asking for personal info like that...

It's already publicly available. Looks like they are trying to aggregate public data to find trends in illegal voting.

I think it's dumb and a waste of time and energy, yet it's not asking anything that's not already available publicly.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-30 07:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

It's already publicly available. Looks like they are trying to aggregate public data to find trends in illegal voting.

I think it's dumb and a waste of time and energy, yet it's not asking anything that's not already available publicly.
Not everything.

And not all states show voting records publicly.

What is being asked is some personal information, such as Social Security Numbers. That's not a public record.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-30 08:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-30 08:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Yatenkou 2017-06-30 09:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean what the hell do they expect with such huge minimum wage hikes? They're going to lay people off, people are going to actually LOWER on their average income, and tbh it's an absolutely stupid system that unless prices shot up, companies couldn't maintain it. Hell, McDonalds in Washington State are already automating a lot of their services.

Also, CNN can't seem to catch a break, another video came out with one of their senior staff also admitting it's all BS and that voters are "Stupid as ***"
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-06-30 09:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, considering the last video was just another fake edit job, I'm sure CNN will be fine.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-30 09:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yatenkou said: »
I mean what the hell do they expect with such huge minimum wage hikes? They're going to lay people off, people are going to actually LOWER on their average income, and tbh it's an absolutely stupid system that unless prices shot up, companies couldn't maintain it. Hell, McDonalds in Washington State are already automating a lot of their services.
Washington State University already published a study stating that the minimum wage hikes are hurting low-wage workers, who are losing an average of $125/month in wages due to increased minimum wages.

Some reality deniers (Pleebo) will state that it's not hurting certain people, if you look at the data on a full moon while howling to the entire movie Wizard of Oz backwards. Still doesn't change the fact that wage hikes hurt workers.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-30 09:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Well, considering the last video was just another fake edit job, I'm sure CNN will be fine.
In Viciouss-to-English translation: "It doesn't look good for CNN, but let's deflect it anyway."
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-30 09:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not everything.

And not all states show voting records publicly.

What is being asked is some personal information, such as Social Security Numbers. That's not a public record.

It specifically states

Quote:
"publicly-available voter roll data including, if publicly available under the laws of your state, the full first and last names of all registrants, middle names or initials if available, addresses, dates of birth, political party (if recorded in your state), last four digits of social security number if available, [and] voter history from 2006 onward.”

I actually read stuff rather then the *** interpreted head lines spin that gets posted.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-30 10:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

In Viciouss-to-English translation: "It doesn't look good for CNN, but let's deflect it anyway."

The video was pretty clear and not an edit cut job. If people bother to actually watch it instead of just reading press head lines and short quips. One of CNN's producers (health section) clearly stated their internal policies and guidance from the CEO. They don't have any evidence, no indicator such evidence exists nor will exist and are pushing "Russia Russia" because it generates ratings and thus revenue. It's a calculated business decision to give CNN viewers what they are already wanting to see in order to generate more revenue.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-06-30 10:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-06-30 10:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

And from that wonderful world of fantasy that is Alex Jones....

NASA Denies That It’s Running a Child Slave Colony on Mars
On Thursday, Alex Jones welcomed a guest to talk about how kidnapped children have been sent on a two-decade mission to space. NASA now denies the interplanetary conspiracy.

Daily Beast

Openers:
Quote:
A report on Alex Jones’ InfoWars claiming child sex slaves have been kidnapped and shipped to Mars is untrue, NASA told The Daily Beast on Thursday.

“There are no humans on Mars. There are active rovers on Mars. There was a rumor going around last week that there weren’t. There are,” Guy Webster, a spokesperson for Mars exploration at NASA, told The Daily Beast. “But there are no humans.”

On Thursday’s program, the InfoWars host welcomed guest Robert David Steele onto The Alex Jones Show, which airs on 118 radio stations nationwide, to talk about kidnapped children he said have been sent on a two-decade mission to space.

“We actually believe that there is a colony on Mars that is populated by children who were kidnapped and sent into space on a 20-year ride,” said Steele. “So that once they get to Mars they have no alternative but to be slaves on the Mars colony.”

Jones echoed Steele, saying “clearly they don’t want us looking into what is happening” because “every time probes go over they turn them off.”

“Look, I know that 90 percent of the NASA missions are secret and I’ve been told by high level NASA engineers that you have no idea. There is so much stuff going on,” Jones said....
And ever so much more....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-30 10:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Alex Jones
How many times have we got to tell you to:

A) Take your meds.
B) Stop posting conspiracy theories.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-30 10:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Alex Jones

A) Take your meds.

Apparently Alex Jones is the heart of the Conservatives but CNN is just a "fringe element" of the liberals.

Liberal logic..
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-30 10:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The video was pretty clear and not an edit cut job. If people bother to actually watch it instead of just reading press head lines and short quips. One of CNN's producers (health section) clearly stated their internal policies and guidance from the CEO. They don't have any evidence, no indicator such evidence exists nor will exist and are pushing "Russia Russia" because it generates ratings and thus revenue. It's a calculated business decision to give CNN viewers what they are already wanting to see in order to generate more revenue.

The "it's a fake edit job" line works in some cases, but it's becoming a ridiculous excuse. O'Keefe may have fudged previous videos a little bit using the tactic, but he also releases videos with several minutes of straight conversation and people still scream "edits!"
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-30 12:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Alex Jones

A) Take your meds.

Make me !
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-06-30 14:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

facts I don't like

we never let our money hang out of our suitcase like that!

also, gwot has been kind of a mediocre war as far berserk profits go.

people don't have a real sense of fear anymore and with the obama budget cuts and the sequester it's been kind of meh.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-30 15:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Washington State University already published a study stating that the minimum wage hikes are hurting low-wage workers, who are losing an average of $125/month in wages due to increased minimum wages.

Some reality deniers (Pleebo) will state that it's not hurting certain people, if you look at the data on a full moon while howling to the entire movie Wizard of Oz backwards. Still doesn't change the fact that wage hikes hurt workers.
I never said that. As usual, you're imagining a different version of the conversation. That said, the study hadn't yet made it through peer review and should only be taken as preliminary. Some major shortcomings in methodology have already been pointed out namely,
Quote:
The study excludes an important group of workers, representing roughly 40 percent of the workforce: those working for employers with businesses in multiple locations.

http://www.epi.org/publication/the-high-road-seattle-labor-market-and-the-effects-of-the-minimum-wage-increase-data-limitations-and-methodological-problems-bias-new-analysis-of-seattles-minimum-wage-incr/
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-30 16:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

I never said that. As usual, you're imagining a different version of the conversation. That said, the study hadn't yet made it through peer review and should only be taken as preliminary. Some major shortcomings in methodology have already been pointed out namely,
Quote:
The study excludes an important group of workers, representing roughly 40 percent of the workforce: those working for employers with businesses in multiple locations.

http://www.epi.org/publication/the-high-road-seattle-labor-market-and-the-effects-of-the-minimum-wage-increase-data-limitations-and-methodological-problems-bias-new-analysis-of-seattles-minimum-wage-incr/
So, you are attacking a study that states what you don't want to hear because it "excludes" data, but accept a study you want to hear because it "excludes" data.

Remember, the study you like so much only looked at a small, singular industry (restaurants only). Last I checked, minimum wage hit more than one industry.....
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-30 16:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The food industry isn't a small entity in the context of minimum wage. It's why so many studies use it as the subject. Both studies seem to exclude something. It's a matter of how this affects the interpretation of results. (Interestingly enough, the WS study corroborated the Berkeley study.) Missing 40% of the workforce seems like a major flaw if the goal was to look at wage increase effects across the entire labor force.

It's still only one study in the literature. Pointing at the latest one as the definitive theory isn't how any of this works.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-30 17:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's still only one study in the literature. Pointing at the latest one as the definitive theory isn't how any of this works.

And yet it was just fine when the latest study refuted the global warming pause....
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-30 17:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

And the three that came after corroborating that result.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-30 17:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

How convenient.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-30 18:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So skeptical!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-30 20:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Missing 40% of the workforce seems like a major flaw if the goal was to look at wage increase effects across the entire labor force.
So, it's ok to miss 60-70% of the labor force, but not (allegedly) 40%?

How does that work? Only when the results are in your favor?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-30 21:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Missing 40% of the workforce seems like a major flaw if the goal was to look at wage increase effects across the entire labor force.

It's ok if the goal is to only examine one industry.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-30 21:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ok if the goal is to only examine one industry.
Then why is it that the mayor of Seattle, along with almost every single liberal in existence, is praising the first study which not only doesn't cover all industries, it's biased to the point that it only shows one piece of the puzzle, but yet, makes claims (which is constantly repeated by the very liberals in question) that Seattle's minimum wage is doing what the liberals fantasize it doing?

That's like saying gun control works because there hasn't been any shootings in Cost, Texas (which has a population of 20 people), and therefor should be spread all over the nation.....
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-06-30 21:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a tax credit for payroll expenses would help americans more than a minimum wage increase, but I'm just a drunken hillbilly, & am really confused as to wtf politics even are anymore.

sup P&R folks, been too long.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 59 60 61