What's The Noobiest Thing You Ever Did?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What's the noobiest thing you ever did?
What's the noobiest thing you ever did?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Carbuncle.Kurosawa
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Kurosawa
By Carbuncle.Kurosawa 2017-02-05 01:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Party in Citadel on THF, back before level sync and before mobs depopped. Tons of pts in there, pulled a bat, linked a ton of the tri bats from the rooms, hit flee and ran to zone, dragging a ton of bats behind me. Wiped about 4 parties.

Not really a noobish mistake, but our most epic Dynamis wipe in Soymilk was a Sunday morning in Dynanis-Beaucedine. First chamber where mobs of all families pop, and we got to the Goblin Smn mob. Of course we pulled it first, as you always wanted to kill SMNs first, and the Gob hit the entire alliance with frypan, stunning everyone including the sleepers right as the Avatar woke up and Astral Flowed us to death. I guess the sleepers might have been too close to the melee or vice versa, but that's the only time that ever happened before or since.

I wish a scaled down version of old Dynamis at 99 cap was in the game. I loved that event, it was just too long.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-05 01:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I was one of those people back in '04-'05 who had those ridiculous party chat sayings to go along with macros.... I didn't overuse them, but I still feel pretty embarrassed for having any in the first place.

(Ravael) This is my {Last Resort}

I've seen variations of that one. I don't know if any of them were used ironically or not. What are some of the worst y'all have seen?

Provoke used! Bring it on, <t>!
Provoke ready in 15 seconds!
Provoke ready in 10 seconds!
Provoke ready in 5 seconds!
Provoke ready!
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2017-02-05 01:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2017-02-05 03:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

-using my one-time item restore for an Auster's Staff back in the day,
-warping out without noticing which happened several times,
-leveling cor to 75 in the days of ToAU without shooting at all.
[+]
By nikk 2017-02-05 03:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone had called for help on Stray Mary, and I helped them. While we were fighting it, some others happened along and got mad. At the time I didn't know it was because now no one had any chance of getting the drop.
By Calinar 2017-02-05 03:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Standard responses:

CFH on something important, lots of "mad" followed.

Macro'd 2hour when I was a youngin', caused wipe (was supposed to css and used it at 100% so when it was needed, obviously didnt have it)

N00bist thing I ever did, I can't even really explain it. But like my first day guy gave me this thing called a "linkpearl?" I couldn't figure out why the *** I wanted one, or what the *** it did, or what the point was. After about a half hour of him trying to explain it to me, i was like "so I can have someone go to the ah and bring me stuff with this thing?!" Kinda embarrassed how it played out, wish I could remember exactly how it went down but this was more than 10 years ago.(at the time it was a REAL chore to get from dunes to cities to buy stuff etc, I thought it was kinda like a servant thing...)

(context, I had played this old game "super ninja boy" and they have a robot-like thing that does what I thought the "linkpearl" did. man I was young.)
 Asura.Madone
Server: Asura
user: Blackrock
By Asura.Madone 2017-02-05 04:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It was my first time in qufim in a party, our camp was right in front of the tower. I was pulling and got a link and someone in the party said zone. I didn't know were to go an ended up all the way in behemoths dominion. Everyone was laughing their *** off of course. I was upset and said something like "at least I'm still alive" and quite the party.
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2017-02-05 05:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember marming bats wings, to make a livin' in Sandoria... For Sandoria quests... Yeah, that fame man!

Also, there was one pair of those Trotter's Boots that has been listed at least once on sando AH. I was waiting there would be another one so I could get a chance to snag it!
By Pantafernando 2017-02-05 05:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to solo as a THF back then using /NIN because some guide said it was the best sub, and relying only on blood bolt/rest to recover hp.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-05 06:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This was my Omen group. I don't know if you had the item macroed or you used an item, but the entire time I was looking like .....is he gonna cancel that?

OH, and we lost.

The End. :)
I was so *** sorry, felt so bad... It was like 3:00 AM and I was really tired.
I swear I'm normally not THAT BAD of a player ;_;

Oh btw, I said I pressed a macro, but that was a lie because I was panicing and I was utterly embarassed.
I have no instant warp scroll macros. I just activated it from the menu thinking I was activating an Instant Reraise scroll and not realizing my mistake until I saw the loading screen.
I was really panicing, can't remember another time I felt that bad in FFXI :(
(granted I'm sure there are other messy situations I generated in over 13 years, but I can't remember any other atm!)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-05 06:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Instant Warp scroll

Wait..

Warp ring mannnn lol
I normally don't even have Instant Warp Scrolls with me! I think I had accidentally talked with the Mog Satchel Moogle, whenever you do that he gives you a free instant warp scroll, or something like that.

What made it even more funny is that before I used that scroll I made some silly joke about us homepointing or running away or something like that.
To be fair I ALWAYS make stupid jokes like that, all of the time.
But in THAT specific circumstance of course it felt particularly suspicious to people who did not know me at all =/

I mean, if I were on the other side of the fence and I saw a guy I don't know drop a line like that in party chat and then use a scroll, I would've just thought "hey, he thinks we won't beat the guy, he's just running away"

Man I swear it really felt awful ;_;
By FaeQueenCory 2017-02-05 07:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
Instant Warp scroll

Wait..

Warp ring mannnn lol
I normally don't even have Instant Warp Scrolls with me! I think I had accidentally talked with the Mog Satchel Moogle, whenever you do that he gives you a free instant warp scroll, or something like that.

Wait. You mean to tell me that neither of you keeps at least 5 different warp items on you at all times like a sensible person does?
(Though I've never accidentally used a warp scroll my RL friend, back when Delve II was new, accidentally used a retrace scroll immediately before Cailimh. He was GEO. We still won... but pushed it down to the time limit. We still tease him about it because of the level of absurdity that it was retrace and not warp.)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-05 07:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Wait. You mean to tell me that neither of you keeps at least 5 different warp items on you at all times like a sensible person does?
Define "warp item".
If you mean items that cast "Warp" on you nope, I normally only have mah warp ring.
If you mean generic teleporting stuff, I have plenty.
By Mangosnickz 2017-02-05 07:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

When i first started playing (completely new to the concept of MMOs). Used to think Logging points were save points... as if that's a safe place to log off.. still laugh about that ***today with my friends haha
[+]
 Phoenix.Keido
Server: Phoenix
user: Keido
By Phoenix.Keido 2017-02-05 08:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

CFH Nidhogg 1%

Still the worst thing I have ever done.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2017-02-05 09:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I was one of those people back in '04-'05 who had those ridiculous party chat sayings to go along with macros.... I didn't overuse them, but I still feel pretty embarrassed for having any in the first place.

I've seen variations of that one. I don't know if any of them were used ironically or not. What are some of the worst y'all have seen?

Provoke ready!

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Kisagotami 2017-02-05 10:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Gprime
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2017-02-05 11:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bruno said: »

Provoke ready!

dat Prima guide.... good times.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-05 12:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't my mistake but worth mention.

Few weeks ago, I put together an apex.

Get to camp, first pull, I WS and then this mythic DRG WS's and call2 fires off.

I was like "k no, I will kick you if you don't remove that."

In what context would any group tolerate that in any regular macro?

Quote:

Lol nope. Warp ring tends to get the job done.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2017-02-05 12:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

noobiest thing I have probably done besides the basics of forgetting to start a questline or something is probably from about 10 years ago. I had recently restarted the game so I needed to get subjobs in order and whatnot. so, late one night I am in a party with LS folks all leveling SJs in Yhoator or Yuhtunga, and I am sitting there on WHM and fall asleep at the keyboard. I wake up maybe 5-10 min later and you can guess what had happened in my "absence". everyone was cool about it, at least, because it WAS late.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2017-02-05 12:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

One time back in 09 a friend and I were competing with another party in Garlaige Citadel to open a chest to get AF1 gear. I ran past them to a chest they were close to as they were busy fighting a beetle, and as I ran back, I /laughed at one of them.

Then I proceeded to get aggroed by a slime that killed me. Soon after the guy I laughed at ran past my dead body and /laughed at me.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-05 12:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said:
I joined this Omen PUG. We get to Thinker and instead of using a RR scroll I use an Instant Warp scroll.
Not realizing it until I see the screen going black, and the other people going crazy at me.
I did something similar about 4~ years ago. I joined a friends LS Shark Delve when it was still considered hard, at like 3am after working a 12 hour shift and really should of been sleeping 5 hours before then.

I was the main DD/Tank on MNK with only one other DD alive since no one seemed to no how to use an MDT set. The mages were slow to remove para so I was using remedies throughout the fight. Got it to 2-3% went to use a remedy and I had ran out so my menu was now on Instant Warp scroll since we did't have rings at that point... Good news was they managed to finish it off still.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2017-02-05 12:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a DRK Stun macro that went like this:
"Stop right there! {Stun}! <call#>"
It was one of those whistle-sounding calls.
When my RL friends so that, they didn't let me sleep peacefully at night.

Now onto the main topic:

I so wanted to post this in the veteran thread.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-05 13:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

One early XI memory that's stuck with me is a run-in with a SMN that had macros for every action... with custom emotes attached. Think stereotypical SMN RP type stuff, but in horribly broken English.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-02-05 13:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The funny thing is my dad Quilly was using party chat macros up til last year and had no idea why some would complain to me about them .. so trying to explain why no one wanted to see his precious macro sayings (mostly for avatars) was a tough deal .. but eventually he got the point. Q ended up changing /p to /echo so he never loses them on his screen .. but I'm sure one or two still creep through in /say.

Seriously though .. when I got him in to the game he was the biggest aggro merchant in Vana'diel history. You couldn't take him somewhere like Fei'Yin as he'd aggro half the zone and find a way to die while I wasn't looking.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Littleanimal
Server: Ragnarok
user: Beanie
By Ragnarok.Littleanimal 2017-02-05 13:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Called for help on Kirin by mistake trying to call for help on the babies (back in the 75 days) when I was specifically told not to call for help on the pets. I was trying to be proactive and ended up causing my LS a huge headache.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2017-02-05 13:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

back in 04-05, Party announcements for Weaponskills, "{Fishing}" for mobs, etc were pretty much expected by the playerbase to allow for skillchaining and the like. some were cringe worthy, or even amusing, but that was also just how the game was at the time.

now, attaching calls was irritating to downright unforgivable depending on the action and call - any tank who set a call to Provoke, extra points for one of the whistle style calls - were reprehensible and needed to be beaten with their keyboard.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-02-05 13:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK but when I first started playing I used the mouse to run my toon around!
[+]