What's The Noobiest Thing You Ever Did?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What's the noobiest thing you ever did?
What's the noobiest thing you ever did?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-05 14:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
I had a DRK Stun macro that went like this:
"Stop right there! {Stun}! <call#>"
It was one of those whistle-sounding calls.
When my RL friends so that, they didn't let me sleep peacefully at night.

And in fairness, not really your fault either. Tanks couldn't tank back then. And this game has always handled big mobs exceptionally poorly. When I MT'd mage-burn ilvl Kirin, Koryu would randomly reposition mid fight, even though he was focused on hitting me, (and I don't mean the transformation going after the popper-OT).

I never could forgive how this game handles (fails at handling) large mobs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [63 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Odaru
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Odaru 2017-04-10 00:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

accidentally engaged as BLM during a Kirin fight at 75, went to disengage and CFHd Kirin.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-04-10 19:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

We had a hell of a time killing Albumen back in the day, and we scratched and clawed to get it down to 1%. Strats were down and sleep timer was getting close, so in my infinite wisdom, I attempted to finish it off w/ ES -> Meteor.... instead of killing it, I ended up waking up the adds and they Benediction'd/Mijin'd us into oblivion.

Luckily we won the next pop, but yeah... not my finest moment.
[+]
By Afania 2017-04-10 21:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done many things that'd probably win myself queen of noob award: From forgetting food to using wrong weapons or failing to keep haste up. Oh and I totally spike flailed pt before, or messed with role playing /p macros.

But the noobest thing that I've ever done was using cutting card for a friend in 2014. I didn't know cutting card is single target, so I used it on myself instead of the character that needs it and won myself the title of "That mythic cor who doesn't understand how cutting card works"
[+]
 Asura.Lordwmd
Server: Asura
By Asura.Lordwmd 2017-04-10 21:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ran to East Altepa as a lv 15 WAR with no subjob and set my HP at the outpost.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-04-10 23:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

proly was 04, was helping someone with BCNM in giddeous(maybe mission?) and i was on war(i think) and used mighty strikes trying to kill w/e it was but we lost so i tell the guy hold on ill switch to mnk i haven't used that 2 hour in awhile...

being lvl 34ish rdm(first job past 30) and stacking as much gear as i could with + any element symbol because i thought it was helping damage or Macc or however it helped, i figured it out about lvl 40ish lol.

Meleed on rdm till lvl 60 lol.

75 war in dynamis might be 06, dyna jeuno won lot on war relic ans was so excited when lotting i thought i better make sure i have room >>> toss crap from inventory "Timless hourglass hmm i don't need that anymore" .... didnt get relic lol
[+]
 Asura.Lordwmd
By Asura.Lordwmd 2017-04-10 23:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I met Birdhair.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2017-04-11 00:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
or messed with role playing /p macros
BRING THE CHAOS!!
By Afania 2017-04-11 00:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

BRING THE CHAOS!!

It was actually "Slug shot yeahhhhh!!!" and/or "Mighty Strikes RAWRRRRRR".

I had a couple more macro with gambling, such as /panic macro whenever I double up on 6 .___.

I have mpked people with spike flails, I just didn't bother to save the SS like you :p
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-04-11 00:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

But the noobest thing that I've ever done was using cutting card for a friend in 2014. I didn't know cutting card is single target, so I used it on myself instead of the character that needs it and won myself the title of "That mythic cor who doesn't understand how cutting card works"
haha did this too like the first week it came out cause the help text made it seem like it was party wide.
[+]
 Phoenix.Cyrinn
Server: Phoenix
user: PUPLament
By Phoenix.Cyrinn 2017-04-11 01:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

BRING THE CHAOS!!

THIS IS MY {Last Resort}!!
By Trowan 2017-04-11 01:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Was PLing in Valkrum Dunes, converted and got killed from holding a train of mobs for the PT. :D
By clearlyamule 2017-04-11 01:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

At the start I was solo lvling blm and couldn't figure out why I was having problems trying to kite nuke mobs.

Took forever for me to realize that just because I couldn't hit mobs while running after them or from farther away didn't mean they couldn't hit me and that they could always run as fast or faster than me
 Ragnarok.Bloodkitten
user: Redx13
By Ragnarok.Bloodkitten 2017-04-11 02:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

When I first started playing I only spoke in say. from like level 1 to 60 because I couldn't figure out how people were talking in pt. until someone came and showed me how to switch from say to pt and all that jazz. Needless to say I am really embarrassed.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2017-04-11 05:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Back in Yuhtunga Jungle mandragora parties days, I partied with a WHM who had a long pt macro for every tier of all cure spells.

Something like "with a wave of my hand, all your pains go away! {Cure III}". It was very spammy.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2017-04-11 07:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

When i reached 10 i created a party of 5 warriors and 1 whm in valkrum dunes i told the party to rotate vokes my cousin did not voke made me die by purpose
[+]
By Felgarr 2017-04-11 07:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I was a BST32 leveling in an EXP party in Garlaige Citadel. I was using a Sheep Familiar pet mid fight.

Our BLM cast Escape on our party because he thought my Sheep was aggro.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-04-11 08:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Something like "with a wave of my hand, all your pains go away! {Cure III}". It was very spammy.

The worst part of this is that they are quite common in PUGs. The best one is a guy in a friend's linkshell with /l macros for every single action but then again he is (was, recently changed server) one of the noobest player on the server
By Boshi 2017-04-11 12:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cyrinn said: »
BRING THE CHAOS!!

THIS IS MY {Last Resort}!!

Lol i was just about to respond this same thing

Or doing the Clerks {Berserk}er song
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-04-11 12:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Noobiest thing I ever did...

...was probably CFH on Kirin back in.. 2004?

Good times.
 Asura.Krysanthia
user: krysi
By Asura.Krysanthia 2017-04-11 13:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Had just finished raising my first and only chocobo and I happened to be wandering around on her and I was a lvl 50 blm with decent blm on pieces and I was somewhere in La Theine where I saw this huge big ram, and I thought oooohhh I can kill it...yeah.....was BloodTear Baldurf...yeah....I lasted a few seconds....had no rr on..and had an ls mate Zigzag come out and raise me....yeah...Still owe it payback!!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-04-11 17:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

hit 50 on pld . didnt had enough mp to raise as galka .
had to borrow a astral ring
[+]
 Leviathan.Thoma
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Thoma 2017-04-16 14:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

When I switched to PS2 to PC while leveling SMN in Yuhtunga back in 2006 I accidentally attacked a lizard instead of warping, wiping the party.
[+]
 Asura.Aomrep
user: Aomrep
By Asura.Aomrep 2017-04-16 18:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I had just installed the game and had wandered out to N. Gustaberg. I was standing on the bridge where the river runs. Some guy walks up, let's call him player1 and uses an /emote I had no idea was even possible. It said "Player1 steals all of Aomrep's Gil". I completely freaked out and took off running as far away from him as I could and was upset since I had very little Gil to start with. Thinking me might steal my gear next. I'm not proud of that.
[+]
By DarkBEWD 2017-04-17 00:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I messed up a Bhaflau Remnants run when I made it to the Cerberus room. I couldn't figure out why my macros weren't working against the gears and waited a few minutes for my game to crash or whatever it was going to do.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-04-17 03:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

"That mythic cor who doesn't understand how cutting card works"

At least you had a damn fine gun to end your misery with.

Ragnarok.Fabiano said: »
hit 50 on pld . didnt had enough mp to raise as galka .
had to borrow a astral ring

Aside from merits, I'm like certain my 75 PLD friend had this issue too. He had a gearset for casting Raise because he had like 147 MP max.

A couple times on PLD/BLU, I'd forget Jettatura was conal and use it on the few fights where I was supposed to supertank adds while actively holding hate on the boss.

The potentially most newbie thing I ever did was learning RUN on mage burn Kirin. I'd gotten it 2100 pulling gain-exp. LS asked me to switch and I was like "Hmmm, k neat". Did great, fell in love.

Found out a few nights later that my tank-partner was using Rayke/Gambit with runes ineffectively (misunderstanding the weakness circle). To be fair, it's not made clear in game and isn't made-clear anywhere that I could find. I just made some assumptions and did some testing.

I got out to Yakshi as PLD/BLU one time and realized I forgot to set spells and the fight went fine so I just ran the rest of the night never setting spells so was almost PLD99/BLU0
 Carbuncle.Jsbahamut
Server: Carbuncle
user: JSbahamut
By Carbuncle.Jsbahamut 2017-04-17 04:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the "noobiest" thing I can remember was back when chocobo raising was introduced.
People were still grasping the basics, but I was wondering why my chocobo was growing up so bad despite him looking okay on screen and me checking every day.

My english level was much lower back then, and I thought "your chocobo is starving" was a totally okay message to get every day.

I still feel bad for the poor thing to this day.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-04-17 05:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Zopago, weeping: Your chocobo has gone on to a better place.
Jsbahamut: *teary-eyed* "I'm so happy for him."
[+]
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-04-17 07:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Being a non native English speaker too, it's unbeliavable how many times this sort of stuff happens.