Random Politics & Religion #14

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 99 100 101
By Viciouss 2016-11-09 21:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

NO!!
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-09 21:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-10 06:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread got close, I will never get the answer to the important questions.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-10 06:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This will never happen, not even Clinton would accept it.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-10 06:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Thread got close, I will never get the answer to the important questions.

Anna had a "Go back to Univision" moment.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-11-10 07:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Reference for those going huh?

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-10 07:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like delusion to me. It's over.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-10 07:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see it happening since, you know, Hillary formally conceded.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-10 07:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I really, really, REALLY do not believe it will happen. Two reasons; 1. You undermine the election, the voters, etc. 2. There's a certain sense of duty, you may not like what you need to do, you may not agree with it but you do it because you feel it's your duty and your conscience won't betray that.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-11-10 07:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I didn't support Trump, I didn't think he should've been the nominee, but he was, he won the nomination and that means he was the nominee. I don't think he should be president, but he won and that means he will be the president.

I don't like it but barring some massive voter fraud or something, he won. We have to accept that.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2016-11-10 07:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone explain to CJ what concede means.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-10 08:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

*** California man... people need to stop this calexit nonsense too... jesus... are they trying to top Texas for level of stupid on this stuff?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-10 08:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I really, really, REALLY do not believe it will happen. Two reasons; 1. You undermine the election, the voters, etc. 2. There's a certain sense of duty, you may not like what you need to do, you may not agree with it but you do it because you feel it's your duty and your conscience won't betray that.
You forgot #3: Some states have it in their state election law that an EC voter cannot go against what the state declared that their votes go to. Meaning, by state statue, the EC ballot casters are required to vote based by the results.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-10 08:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
He also needs to learn what the term "grasping at straws" mean too.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-10 08:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
*** California man... people need to stop this calexit nonsense too... jesus... are they trying to top Texas for level of stupid on this stuff?
I'm just waiting for that earthquake to happen that completely destroys California and/or breaks them away from the US.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-10 08:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if Nik was still wondering but about turnout:
Trump lost almost 2 mil votes compared to Romney
But Clinton lost over 6 mil compared to Obama...

It's 1.5 million fewer than voted for romney and 10 million fewer than voted for obama in 08 plus five million the dems added to the rolls since 2008.

I posted these numbers in the election thread that's now locked, but it was lost in the wash of ignorant off topic posts that our mods were too lazy to expunge.

And what I want to know is who are the 15 million people that didn't vote for hillary and why but I'll have to wait for the postmortem numbers from her team...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-10 08:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump is the next president... anyone who thinks differently has a major case of denial... time to sit back and see what this guy will actually try to do...
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-10 08:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Honestly, I didn't support Trump, I didn't think he should've been the nominee, but he was, he won the nomination and that means he was the nominee. I don't think he should be president, but he won and that means he will be the president.

I don't like it but barring some massive voter fraud or something, he won. We have to accept that.

The election is over, but the strife isn't.

But anyone who has been watching this shitfest for over year knew it wasn't going to end after the votes were counted.

Maybe the politicians and president elect can put aside all the vitriol and hate spewed over the last two years, but that is not going to be the case for the people who have been chanting hateful slogans for the past year.

Each of the candidates became the anti-thesis of "right" in the oppositions minds. This election wasn't fought on facts or policy but on how "evil" the other person was. "*** Trump" "Lock her up" chants were heard at almost every rally.

It is going to be hard to get either side to agree to peace. And I'm not talking about the politicians.

There are going to be protests. There is going to be unrest. Half of America voted in a person the other half thinks is going to cause the Apocalypse.

The same would have happened if Clinton had won and not Trump.

When you rile millions of people up it is rather difficult for them calm to down when they lose.....or win they win.

As to the EC, the republicans are not going to *** themselves over completely when they have the chance to push through almost any legislation. Trump is here to stay. Paul Ryan already gave an interview gushing on Trump and how they will work together making "big changes".
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-10 08:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So, fun random piece of trivia.

I'm not entirely sure how they're defining "Western Pennsylvania" for these purposes, but my county was the reddest county in Western Pennsylvania per a piece I heard on the news this morning.

Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-10 08:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Not sure if Nik was still wondering but about turnout:
Trump lost almost 2 mil votes compared to Romney
But Clinton lost over 6 mil compared to Obama...

It's 1.5 million fewer than voted for romney and 10 million fewer than voted for obama in 08 plus five million the dems added to the rolls since 2008.

I posted these numbers in the election thread that's now locked, but it was lost in the wash of ignorant off topic posts that our mods were too lazy to expunge.

And what I want to know is who are the 15 million people that didn't vote for hillary and why but I'll have to wait for the postmortem numbers from her team...
There are also the 6 million voters who voted for third parties or "other". Haven't looked at how that compares to previous elections.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-10 08:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »

No. We literally cannot. He's being the crazy ex right now who can't accept that the relationship is over. Waiting for him to start making creepy phone calls.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-10 08:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
There's a lot of panic from lgbt people that I think is disproportional to the current situation.

there are two ways that this can go.

We (republicans) have a once in a lifetime, golden opportunity to change things for the better for working class people of this country in the next two years and solidify ourselves into the hearts and minds of the american people as a legitimate party that cares about the working class....

or trump can abolish the senate and then use the death star to blow up alderaan and use the clone army of stormtroopers to force the deportation of twelve million latinos ... and then do a bunch of stupid ***like force through legislation to protect homophobic wedding cake bakers from making cakes for gay people that they don't like...

this is our one chance in a century to pull our heads out of our *** and make a difference...it's the what kind of difference that we now chose to make that is the only question.

[Mod Edit: Requested - AnnaMolly]
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-10 08:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
whoops forgot to close the quote
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren