Random Politics & Religion #14

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 99 100 101
By fonewear 2016-11-08 22:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you have to police other people though ? I never understood the point of calling people out that you don't like. Does it make you feel better or something ?
By fonewear 2016-11-08 22:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I can only be accountable for myself it isn't my job to police other people.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-11-08 22:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you feel bad about the US we have to project power to keep other countries in check.

It isn't about being arrogant or brass. You lead the world by projecting power.

Look at Russia for example they project power a lot. Even if they aren't the most powerful country in the world.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-08 22:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Why do you have to police other people though ? I never understood the point of calling people out that you don't like. Does it make you feel better or something ?

Why do we have a death penalty? It won't bring victims back.

Why do we have any criminal justice system at all, really? It can't undo the wrong that's been done.

Why do people insist on legislating Biblical morality? That's twice-removed-can't-be-proved belief.

I'm not justifying any particular behavior or standard societal practice here. I'm just sayin' what's goin' on.
By fonewear 2016-11-08 22:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Why do we have a death penalty? It won't bring victims back.

Why do we have any criminal justice system at all, really? It can't undo the wrong that's been done.

Why do people insist on legislating Biblical morality? That's twice-removed-can't-be-proved belief.

I'm not justifying any particular behavior or standard societal practice here. I'm just sayin' what's goin' on.

All of this is to keep crazy people like me in check. Social order
By Ramyrez 2016-11-08 22:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

All of this is to keep crazy people like me in check. Social order

Hey, those are your words.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-08 22:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are wanting nihilism or complete freedom it would be like Lord of the Flies. But with adults !
By Eboneezer 2016-11-08 23:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

We've already elected our first black president. Looks like we might just elect our first orange president
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-08 23:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Eboneezer said: »
We've already elected our first black president. Looks like we might just elect our first orange president

#oompaloompalivesmatter
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-09 08:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it probably went unnoticed with the elections going on, but can we take a moment to reflect upon the fact that South Korea managed to turn to reality almost every conspiracy theory ever?

2016 will go down in history for so many wtf moments and this is one of them.

I'll say it again, at this point I expect anything from the following months, even aliens.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2016-11-09 08:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I just noticed that ironically I have a SK flag atm lol.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-11-09 09:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

And of course she's not the one who is stepping down, prime minister has to go instead lol

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 15:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pulling this from the LBGQAlphabetSoup thread:

Quote:
What I think Dravidian is saying is that the usual "freedom of expression (gay rights) vs. freedom of religion" fight that generally takes place between government/businesses and people would fall towards religious freedoms more than expression.

Highly unlikely anything close to DOMA is going to come back into play. And if it does, then I will be supporting the removal of any and all Congress members who support such legislation.

If anyone wishes to discuss this further that is.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-11-09 16:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a lot of panic from lgbt people that I think is disproportional to the current situation. Trump, like any president before him, is limited in how he could adversely effect (or benefit) civil rights. He could nominate the ghostly spirit of Alito to the vacant seat and marriage equality would be fine. Of course, there's the possibility of future nominations that rightfully make this an uneasy situation but the longer we have this right, the longer these relationships are normalized, accepted, and, hopefully, harder to take away.

Trump can do damage with EOs right away but I've been of the opinion that he personally isn't anti-lgbt (or pro) and some of his actions (like his flip flop on trans bathroom use) have been more to conform with the party and its constituency. It really remains to be seen since he hasn't been as expressive on this as he has been other issues, such as immigration, but I really wish people would approach this with more of a level head and less end-of-the-world hysteria.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 16:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
There's a lot of panic from lgbt people that I think is disproportional to the current situation. Trump, like any president before him, is limited in how he could adversely effect (or benefit) civil rights. He could nominate the ghostly spirit of Alito to the vacant seat and marriage equality would be fine. Of course, there's the possibility of future nominations that rightfully make this an uneasy situation but the longer we have this right, the longer these relationships are normalized, accepted, and, hopefully, harder to take away.
Agreed. Trump's only real power when it comes to civil rights is signing whatever law is placed on his desk.

I mean, sure, he can direct his departments to follow certain laws or not, but legally speaking, his power in this case is very limited. The best he can do is direct legislative power into creating certain laws. Which, I hope, the negative ones will never come into being.

I really wish people would approach this with more of a level head and less end-of-the-world hysteria.
If that's the case, then almost all of his critics will not have anything to say. I mean, he has just proposed to the American people what he plans to propose to Congress, or in the case of Mexico and the wall, what he proposes to do to Mexico and how they will pay for it.

He hasn't actually done anything yet. Wait until actions happen before you decry "end of the world as we know it!"

Also, it's very rare that you get a [+] from me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-09 19:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
but I really wish people would approach this with more of a level head and less end-of-the-world hysteria.
a million times this. for example you would not believe what tumblr is like today and how far things are being taken.

And, of course, there's a trend of people losing Facebook friends for voting for the wrong person. Heck, I had a friend who claimed he lost 15+ just for making a joke about the celebrities leaving the country. People be uptight, yo.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-09 19:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

First off Tumblr and Huff Post aren't real life they are places people go to hear what they want to hear. That isn't real life. Try going to a political website that doesn't already tell you what you want to hear...
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-11-09 19:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone seems upset I'm here drinking a beer chilling. All that rage/anger will shorten your life. Drink more care less !
By Viciouss 2016-11-09 19:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone seems upset I'm here drinking a beer chilling. All that rage/anger will shorten your life. Drink more care less !

Pff, I am still leaving the dream! The Cubs won the championship! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-09 20:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

People protesting on CNN. I guess they can't accept reality no matter what.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-09 20:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Samsung's HQ raided over possible ties to political scandal

Samsung is dealing with yet another explosive problem.

Remember Smsung? ...

Quote:
Prosecutors raided the company's headquarters in Seoul on Tuesday in connection with an abuse-of-power scandal that's engulfing the South Korean government.

The prosecutor's office said it is investigating Samsung (SSNLF) over possible links to the case involving President Park Geun-hye and her close confidante Choi Soon-sil. Park is accused of letting Choi, who does not hold an official government post, view confidential documents and presidential speeches....
Way more juicy and scandalous than Hilldawg.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-09 21:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

Pff, I am still leaving the dream! The Cubs won the championship! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!
Good, remember that when Trump outlaws baseball in favor of his favorite game: Trumpball.

Where it's like baseball except the balls are orange, the bats are YUUUUUUGE, and instead of outs, umpires scream "You're fired!"

Steroids are still acceptable though.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2016-11-09 21:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 99 100 101