Tired Of Logging In To A Dead Server.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Tired of logging in to a dead server.
Tired of logging in to a dead server.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-09-26 16:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

People clamour for mergers because the numbers were far less the last time we had them, so it seems logical to merge now under those same standards.

But the dynamics of the game more suit several small servers rather than few large servers. Events are geared towards smaller numbers, meaning more instances per server compared to years ago. So while character load is less, I wonder about instance load. Keeping us as smaller populations separated may make things easier on them compared to fewer servers.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-09-26 17:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »
It's not necessarily the server population as it is the skill level of the population. Other factors such as people being friendly, social, dedicating a decent enough amount of time, etc obviously play into that.

I moved to Quetz from Asura during Legion's popularity and when Delve came out.. we lost a lot of players that were angry their fancy weapons were being degraded and didn't want to wait the 6+ months until they adjusted it.

I took a hiatus after my LS got it's first 2 delve wins and came back roughly a year or two later. When I returned, Quetz was pretty tough in the not a lot of people around sense. Rather than give up and move, I worked my *** off getting my LS active again and started talking to the other larger LSes on the server.

Now, I'm getting stuff done faster than people on Asura even.. hell, my secondary LS is getting people to leave busier servers and come to us. After this next round of Aeonics, I believe it will be third place over all servers.

It's not about quantity.. it's about quality.. but on the smaller servers, you have to be more assertive to find the quality and more importantly start getting people together. All of the endgame folks on Quetz work together to some extreme and because of this.. we're able to get things done. I never have downtime where I'm sitting there like what do I do now.. and I only equip two Linkpearls regularly.

Ultimately, OP, you have to get out there and communicate with the other quality players on your server.. and if you don't want to do that.. than you should probably jump out.

Nice keep rocking it!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By anik 2016-09-26 17:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura is 99% douchebags who use 3rd party tools to play for them. Simply login, collect the gear, adjust programming, and poof... let's see how well my character does now! I'm almost certain that these people don't know what a stock user interface even looks like. They would probably kill themselves if they ever had to play on the fly and make adjustments manually during battle. Oh snap, I mean why the hell would anyone try to be good at a game? Practice?! We talkin' about PRACTICE man, PRACTICE, not the game, not a game, we talkin' about prac-tice man.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Every "pro" in ffxi who whines about having to deal with people who try to play the game.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Diavos
Server: Asura
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2016-09-26 18:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
People clamour for mergers because the numbers were far less the last time we had them, so it seems logical to merge now under those same standards.

The people wanting larger server sizes are the new players who log in and wonder where everyone's at, the returning players who have trouble finding help for things the rest of us take for granted, and even old school players who want to see a little more life in the world around them so that it can break up the monotony of the repetitive tasks we have to do every time we log in. This isn't about comparing the game then and now.

Server merges makes even more sense from the developer's point of view as you can better prepare future content when you have a decent grasp of your audience. That's a little tougher to do when your servers vary as wildly as FFXI's do today. Give it a bit more time and they'll start to look a lot more like FF14's, region-specific, except without any of the developer support.
By Afania 2016-09-26 20:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Diavos said: »
Afania said: »
The server merge discussion on OF has 193 posts, majority of OF discussion has less than 20 posts. This server merge question also pop on dev Q&A.

If you post a server merge discussion and got 0 reply then I would say server merge has no support but this isn't the fact.

I don't think SE cares, personally. The reason why SE isn't merging is definitely not because people don't ask, but because of other reasons.

Skim through that thread again: Are we getting a server merge soon? It's not 194 posts where everyone is pushing SE for a merge, it's 194 posts where a third of the people involved are pushing against the idea as hard as those pushing for it.

If you think SE isn't merging because there aren't enough ppl asking for it then you don't know SE. They don't make decisions based on amount of OF forum posts, otherwise we would see a buff to MNK and BRD already.

You can create a thread with 1000 posta asking for merge but like what Thorva said, their stance is clear and they don't give a damn about how hard the life is on Cerberus as long as they're making money off transfer service.
 Asura.Diavos
Server: Asura
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2016-09-26 21:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you think SE isn't merging because there aren't enough ppl asking for it then you don't know SE. They don't make decisions based on amount of OF forum posts, otherwise we would see a buff to MNK and BRD already.

The support for MNK and BRD buffs at the OF is even worse than that for server merges, but more to the point, the belief you just shared is what's wrong with the community today - you think SE completely ignores all feedback. That may have been true early on in the game's market life, but like most/all developers today they do listen to their customers, maybe a little too much, unfortunately.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-09-26 21:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

At least you're server isn't literally dead.

Asura.Diavos said: »
The server merge discussion on OF has 193 posts, majority of OF discussion has less than 20 posts. This server merge question also pop on dev Q&A.

If you post a server merge discussion and got 0 reply then I would say server merge has no support but this isn't the fact.

I don't think SE cares, personally. The reason why SE isn't merging is definitely not because people don't ask, but because of other reasons.

Skim through that thread again: Are we getting a server merge soon? It's not 194 posts where everyone is pushing SE for a merge, it's 194 posts where a third of the people involved are pushing against the idea as hard as those pushing for it.

You can create a thread with 1000 posta asking for merge but like what Thorva said, their stance is clear and they don't give a damn about how hard the life is on Cerberus as long as they're making money off transfer service.

SE says lots of things they go back on.

Before Seekers of Adoulin they said PS2 was maxed out on zones which is why we only got mini-expansions from 2008-2012 and then seekers happened and it had PS2 support (IN JAPAN) ; A merge will happen sooner or later, but with anything SE , it will happen when it happens.

One thing I do believe though is the sub price won't come down and it likely won't be F2P anytime soon.
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-07 02:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
This is my server message when you login:
"Welcome to Valefor, where socialization comes to die!"

(unless you're jp then you're fine)
Is this server actually dead?
I really don't think I can afford to transfer :(

Also can you send emps/relics through mog mail to another server on your account?
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2016-10-07 04:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kiaru said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
This is my server message when you login:
"Welcome to Valefor, where socialization comes to die!"

(unless you're jp then you're fine)

Also can you send emps/relics through mog mail to another server on your account?
Valefor isn't so good. I think you have a handful of decent linkshells and even then I'm sure there's a lot of dead time during the day. There are some positives when it comes to congestion but if you're a social butterfly it can be rough until you find a linkshell.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-07 04:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ish 200~500 people during na times, 700~900 during jp. Shouts for anything are extremely rare, sometimes many days go by until you see one.
 Carbuncle.Benko
Server: Carbuncle
user: benko
By Carbuncle.Benko 2016-10-07 09:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle 250 peoples after 00h JP (17h GMT+2 EU)
0 Shout/Yell; Max in JP times 700 to 1000...
I do not know but for other servers,but I think the Carbuncle server tops
There is nothing to see... We completely bored.
 Carbuncle.Misslissy
Server: Carbuncle
user: BlindLis
By Carbuncle.Misslissy 2016-10-07 11:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think Carby is that bad. I still manage to find parties for things when I really need something that requires multiple peeps. For everything else there's always /RUN. :P
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-10-07 11:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure you can't mail relic/empyrean weapons at all and there's no way to mail anything cross-server, same-account or not.

I'm not gonna defend Valefor but I had to laugh at a guy on reddit that moved to Asura (from Valefor), I saw him around all the time, never had a pearl on (we do have socials!), and rarely left escha dragons/puks.

It used to be that decent players could name the LSs of note on their server. Heck, I can probably name all the big (numbers) event linkshells and big socials.

Pretty sad when you can have two ls's equipped and they each have, with different members, more than 10% of the online population in them.
 Sylph.Taruranto
Server: Sylph
user: Tarlant
By Sylph.Taruranto 2016-10-16 03:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
No I'm done for good this time I just started XIV. I'm not going to play 2 online games.

Getting into FFXIV is a actually a sure way to get back into XI eventually, I can testify to it.
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-16 04:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Taruranto said: »
fonewear said: »
No I'm done for good this time I just started XIV. I'm not going to play 2 online games.

Getting into FFXIV is a actually a sure way to get back into XI eventually, I can testify to it.
FF14 is probably top3 worst MMO for me because it has nothing to do but raid, and raiding is the worst part of a MMO.

I honestly didn't have fun in FF14 starting from level1 all the way until I quit the game(in hw, and in ARR).

The game has no semblance of fun at all. It's just a game you log onto to grind for the sake of grinding completely devoid of unique or interesting concepts/designs. I don't actually believe the game is designed by real human beings.
[+]
 Bahamut.Genryu
Server: Bahamut
user: Genryu
By Bahamut.Genryu 2016-10-16 06:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd just be happy with a server wide auction house, it seems quicker and easier to farm materials and track down crafters than it is to find when you want on the AH nowadays.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-10-16 10:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The game has no semblance of fun at all. It's just a game you log onto to grind for the sake of grinding completely devoid of unique or interesting concepts/designs. I don't actually believe the game is designed by real human beings.

The people who say things like this, I think, never played WoW or any wow-clones.

Unfortunately we're the outliers. A lot of people do find that model fun otherwise it wouldn't dominate the industry.

At least we have ffxi, brb ambuscade.
 Valefor.Volkom
user: volkom
By Valefor.Volkom 2016-10-16 10:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor isn't bad if you're into a parking lot server full of AFKs
 Valefor.Andrewviii
By Valefor.Andrewviii 2016-10-16 10:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think what matters more for server health is quality, not quantity. What good is a crowded server if the players are just know nothing scrubs. That's why if you want to see your server improve you have to be willing to help new and returning players catch up and get them good. It's a game it should be fun. People won't have fun if they are too under-geared to do anything. If people aren't having fun they won't stick around.

If you are new and returning, or even if you aren't and still need help, don't be afraid to ask for help. However, cut the doom and gloom ***. Nothing makes me want to help less then the "Ugh server so dead! Nobody is doing the outdated content I need!" crap.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-10-16 11:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »

The people who say things like this, I think, never played WoW or any wow-clones.

Unfortunately we're the outliers. A lot of people do find that model fun otherwise it wouldn't dominate the industry.

I've played XIV which is as close to a WoW like MMO as I've gotten.

While it got many things right and the graphics, design, and content were all pretty fun, the end-game grind and rapid fire progression of the content was way way worse than in XI.

It's what made me take a break from it. SE was so eager to give everyone access to the raids they'd literally unlock it a few months after a raid is out, so most statics trying to clear content became unstable or fell apart as members 'cleared' on their own in duty finder or shout groups doing multiple runs, rather than sticking to their group when you could only clear once a week.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-10-16 11:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree completely Deku but ever since SoA's release, even FFXI has taken strides towards becoming more WoW-like. It's still a very different game, but largely because a total conversion is very costly (almost impossible).

Valefor.Andrewviii said: »
If you are new and returning, or even if you aren't and still need help, don't be afraid to ask for help. However, cut the doom and gloom ***. Nothing makes me want to help less then the "Ugh server so dead! Nobody is doing the outdated content I need!" crap.

As someone who helps people as well, the server is pretty dead. I helped the same guy with multiple different RoV missions and SoA missions over the course of a few weeks because literally noone else was responding to his shouts. he never once sent me a tell asking for help, I just happened to see him shouting while running through cities. 1/6, forever.

Valefor is fine if you have a solid group (I do) and don't need anything crafted.

Edit: I genuinely believe we have more Yagrush mules than mains and Idrises may be about even. Seems like everyone dualboxes or triboxes and I know a few with 4+ mules.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-16 11:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've played WOW since vanilla beta. I've done lots of content but mainly PvP.
I've played SWTOR, aion, rift and tera a lot.

WOW style MMO's are just bad and not fun. I quit Legion recently because the game is grinding with no reward in sight.
 Sylph.Taruranto
Server: Sylph
user: Tarlant
By Sylph.Taruranto 2016-10-16 11:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Modern FFXI seems a good balance between old and new, it has stuff like warping everywhere and iLevel now, but the game world still feel like a world and equipment progression still fun (If not a bit bloated, I guess) I guess it's the result of foundation of the game being old style. It actually sill feel like I'm playing an RPG.

... Except Ambu, that is dull and repetitive as a FFXIV event.

FFXIV is not only a WoW clone, but it also has boring mechanics/battle system/questing/etc.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-10-16 12:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I've played WOW since vanilla beta. I've done lots of content but mainly PvP.
I've played SWTOR, aion, rift and tera a lot.

WOW style MMO's are just bad and not fun. I quit Legion recently because the game is grinding with no reward in sight.

To you they are, to me they are. Preaching to the choir, but money says that the model works.
By Ulthakptah 2016-10-16 12:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: I genuinely believe we have more Yagrush mules than mains and Idrises may be about even. Seems like everyone dualboxes or triboxes and I know a few with 4+ mules.

I think that has more to do with whm and geo being jobs that are needed, but most people don't enjoy playing. So they dualbox the job they don't want to play so they can come as the job they do on their main.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-10-16 12:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »

I think that has more to do with whm and geo being jobs that are needed, but most people don't enjoy playing. So they dualbox the job they don't want to play so they can come as the job they do on their main.

I think enjoyability of play is irrelevant, but you're otherwise correct. It's very nice to tab over once and hit the party with Paralyna.

My point was that it's just very common to see idris and yagrush mules here. I intend on making a yagrush mule myself.

I know plenty of good geo's who enjoy playing geo (I don't) but I don't know many good whm who enjoy playing it.

It's funny because I think half the problem with healing in this game is the interface. I've enjoyed healing a lot more in games like WoW.

Post deleted by User.