Tired Of Logging In To A Dead Server.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Tired of logging in to a dead server.
Tired of logging in to a dead server.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-09-26 00:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bloodlusty said: »
I was on siren since lainch and felt the same way, however switching to asura was the best thing I've done on the game in years. Just switch

Impossible. My dad Quilly would always refuse to move servers, and no chance am I playing this game without him. It's just not possible, he's set in his ways and will say the same thing I do "why can't they merge servers instead of making us pay to play on a populated server?". He has a far more stubborn stance on it than I do, so it's impossible. Also we have two linkshells, both would be gone if we moved. Disbanding the linkshells and abandoning is not an option.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-09-26 00:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thorva said: »
I remember the 32>16 merge, I was on Diabolos and we went to Siren. I honestly don't think we needed that at the time. I felt the population of Diabolos was fine, when we merged to Siren there was conflict between the servers and a lot of people quit real fast and the server population leveled off to about how Diabolos was before the merger.

Two things I see SE doing, #1 why merge the servers if so many people are paying to move. Everyday I see new people in the shouts on Asura saying they just transferred. SE is making money off of it, even as little as 5-10 a day. #2 They might have seen more of the clash and cancel characters from the last merge and may feel as they will end up losing more people all over again. Why rattle the hornets nest kinda issue.

Another major issue is the amount of mule accounts that are in the game. SE marks them as active even if they are only lvl 1. SE sees 8k+ active acnts on Asura when in reality only about 300-400 are playing at any giving time. Most the time 2/3 the server is afk, and you will never have all the mules online at the same time.

I have been on several servers and I know what it is like to do a "/sea all" just to find only about 300 people are online and 2/3 of them are afk as well. Not fun, so I can sympathize, however like I said; SE isn't merging for a reason.

As for conflicts, there wouldn't be much of that anymore. Back in those days it was mainly the HNM ls who clashed, while the rest accepted being on a more populated server despite some of us losing linkshell and character names. Some overreacted and quit, but most carried on or returned a short time later.
 Asura.Diavos
Server: Asura
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2016-09-26 02:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
I believe the reason why SE wouldn't server merge isn't because of congestion or economy or anything like that, but because MMO server merge = giving people the impression that the games dying.

Or maybe because of other reasons that us players wouldn't know, only game dev knows.

Either way, regardless of what people say SE isn't merging.

Not with that attitude!

I remember the 32>16 merge

It was two separate merges that happened a year apart, March 2010 and May 2011, 8 servers getting swallowed up each time. There was actually another that happened in 2003, but the game wasn't available outside of Japan yet so I glossed over it.

Two things I see SE doing, #1 why merge the servers if so many people are paying to move. Everyday I see new people in the shouts on Asura saying they just transferred. SE is making money off of it, even as little as 5-10 a day.

A lot of people do transfer to Asura, yet the server's total numbers have declined this year, so player retention has proven to be a major problem.

#2 They might have seen more of the clash and cancel characters from the last merge and may feel as they will end up losing more people all over again. Why rattle the hornets nest kinda issue.

I will vehemently argue that the loss of players during that period of time had very little to do with server transfers and a whole lot more to do with stagnating content - this is when the HNMLS scene started to die out and Abysea was coming in, a major change in direction for the game that obviously didn't sit well with a lot of the older players.

SE isn't merging for a reason.

We are that reason. The dev team's been more receptive than ever to player feedback in recent years, we just aren't giving them a strong enough push to go ahead with such a move. They essentially said as much in the recent Reddit AMA.
By Afania 2016-09-26 02:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Diavos said: »
I believe the reason why SE wouldn't server merge isn't because of congestion or economy or anything like that, but because MMO server merge = giving people the impression that the games dying.

Or maybe because of other reasons that us players wouldn't know, only game dev knows.

Either way, regardless of what people say SE isn't merging.

Not with that attitude!

I remember the 32>16 merge

It was two separate merges that happened a year apart, March 2010 and May 2011, 8 servers getting swallowed up each time. There was actually another that happened in 2003, but the game wasn't available outside of Japan yet so I glossed over it.

Two things I see SE doing, #1 why merge the servers if so many people are paying to move. Everyday I see new people in the shouts on Asura saying they just transferred. SE is making money off of it, even as little as 5-10 a day.

A lot of people do transfer to Asura, yet the server's total numbers have declined this year, so player retention has proven to be a major problem.

#2 They might have seen more of the clash and cancel characters from the last merge and may feel as they will end up losing more people all over again. Why rattle the hornets nest kinda issue.

I will vehemently argue that the loss of players during that period of time had very little to do with server transfers and a whole lot more to do with stagnating content - this is when the HNMLS scene started to die out and Abysea was coming in, a major change in direction for the game that obviously didn't sit well with a lot of the older players.

SE isn't merging for a reason.

We are that reason. The dev team's been more receptive than ever to player feedback in recent years, we just aren't giving them a strong enough push to go ahead with such a move. They essentially said as much in the recent Reddit AMA.

People have been asking for server merge on OF over and over and over. It's not convincing to claim playerbase doesn't want a merge.

The fact is that no matter how many server merge thread pop on OF SE isn't gonna do it.

What else do you want playbase to do then? Quit FFXI(so they lose money) instead of transferring and give them money?
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2016-09-26 03:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna log in to a dead server! I'm comin to cerb
[+]
 Asura.Diavos
By Asura.Diavos 2016-09-26 04:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

People have been asking for server merge on OF over and over and over. It's not convincing to claim playerbase doesn't want a merge.

The fact is that no matter how many server merge thread pop on OF SE isn't gonna do it.

What else do you want playbase to do then? Quit FFXI(so they lose money) instead of transferring and give them money?

I read those threads, at least the ones that were posted over the course of the last couple of years, and took a very active role in the most recent thread. You can't possibly look at those threads and think they show overwhelming support for server merges... not even close.

It's been a while since I read through it, but I remember quite a bit of opposition to the idea, mostly out of fear as it relates to Ambuscade congestion and CP camp overcrowding. Too many people are also of the opinion that logging onto a server with 300 online accounts is fine because their LS is capable of doing everything they need, completely ignoring the larger picture.

I do my part as I've invested an ungodly amount of time into this game - this very issue is what got me to start posting there at the OF - and hate to see it fade out in this manner, but I'm just one person. When faced against a crowd of more casual players happy with the status quo I just look like an old man yelling at clouds. Need more old men to come join me and yell at those clouds. :p
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2016-09-26 04:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I am from ragora, servers not dead, but most play alone or in groups who do own thing. Hence very hard for them to welcome new people.

I took a four year break, came back, I can take a few months to catch up, but prob wont ever find a group.

But I dont get the server merge crybabies. If they wanted off, pay. These same peoe pay othrr mmos money. Or perhaps they obamacare welfare and want se's resources for free.

A few months ago se offered 50% off server transfer and guess what these people didnt move.

No sympthy, let the old and lonely die together.
 Asura.Diavos
By Asura.Diavos 2016-09-26 05:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
But I dont get the server merge crybabies. If they wanted off, pay. These same peoe pay othrr mmos money. Or perhaps they obamacare welfare and want se's resources for free.

A few months ago se offered 50% off server transfer and guess what these people didnt move.

No sympthy, let the old and lonely die together.

There's a heaping dose of disdain in this post, why is that?

This old and lonely crybaby that isn't playing any other MMOs is on the most active server and still capable of seeing the detrimental effect the low server populations are having on the game as a whole. It's been a little more than "a few months" since the 50% price cut to the transfer fee, it's actually getting close to a year since the last one happened, back in November.
By Afania 2016-09-26 05:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I read those threads, at least the ones that were posted over the course of the last couple of years, and took a very active role in the most recent thread. You can't possibly look at those threads and think they show overwhelming support for server merges... not even close.

It's been a while since I read through it, but I remember quite a bit of opposition to the idea, mostly out of fear as it relates to Ambuscade congestion and CP camp overcrowding. Too many people are also of the opinion that logging onto a server with 300 online accounts is fine because their LS is capable of doing everything they need, completely ignoring the larger picture.

I do my part as I've invested an ungodly amount of time into this game - this very issue is what got me to start posting there at the OF - and hate to see it fade out in this manner, but I'm just one person. When faced against a crowd of more casual players happy with the status quo I just look like an old man yelling at clouds. Need more old men to come join me and yell at those clouds. :p

The server merge discussion on OF has 193 posts, majority of OF discussion has less than 20 posts. This server merge question also pop on dev Q&A.

If you post a server merge discussion and got 0 reply then I would say server merge has no support but this isn't the fact.

I don't think SE cares, personally. The reason why SE isn't merging is definitely not because people don't ask, but because of other reasons.
 Cerberus.Drayco
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2016-09-26 05:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Quizzy said: »
Cerberus.Ephexis said: »
And yet, in the same playtimes I have no issues at all setting up pure pickups for whatever I feel like doing that day.

You're evidently doing things badly.

Really, I mean Ephexis is basically considered the biggest pile of ***on the server. A completely worthless human being, and like he said he is able to routinely con people into dealing with him.

You can make this work.

I'm in the process of doing so. Next up is making my Scholar something people will want.

This has always been the one aspect of this game that I don't like. Not getting to play the job you want because it's not relevant.

I resolved myself to the point where, I'm going to play drk. Period. I don't get much done these days lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Orison
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byte
By Lakshmi.Orison 2016-09-26 05:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's great to be able to farm Dynamis without competition, to fill the gaps in the market, to queue for Ambuscade without having to wait 20 minutes. If we merged, such opportunities would be lost. Don't have enough people to play with? Level some more accounts; it's never been easier and you're helping the game to survive. Even the "dreaded" CoP only takes a couple of days.

If you want to transfer, transfer. It's in your hands. Let's not destroy choice for the sake of a few who won't choose.

ps.
Ultimately, this is really the manifestation of a deeper human issue, one which can also be seen in politics. There are two kinds of people, those who act and those who are acted upon. Those who act, create change or find the best in a situation. Those who are acted upon, must convince authority to bend everyone else to their persuasion or benefit.
[+]
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2016-09-26 06:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesnt sound like your issue is the server population to me sounds more like you can't seem to put any events together. If I were you I either would either do A) switch servers, I know you really don't want to but I don't see a lot of people wanting to transfer over to Cerb if it's as empty/dead as you say. B) Talk to your ls. I'm sure you must have a decent core group in that shell that's always on together that could tackle some content if you have the right jobs. If having certain jobs is an issue also talk to your whole shell about it. Let them know to do certain content you need certain jobs and in return you'll help them gear their jobs.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-26 07:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my server message when you login:
"Welcome to Valefor, where socialization comes to die!"

(unless you're jp then you're fine)
 Cerberus.Drayco
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2016-09-26 07:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ramsy said: »
Doesnt sound like your issue is the server population to me sounds more like you can't seem to put any events together. If I were you I either would either do A) switch servers, I know you really don't want to but I don't see a lot of people wanting to transfer over to Cerb if it's as empty/dead as you say. B) Talk to your ls. I'm sure you must have a decent core group in that shell that's always on together that could tackle some content if you have the right jobs. If having certain jobs is an issue also talk to your whole shell about it. Let them know to do certain content you need certain jobs and in return you'll help them gear their jobs.

I think it comes down a lot more to peoples general attitude of "I don't need anything from that, so I'm not doing it".

I can't tell you how many times I've asked LS for help farming up T1 reisijima gear, only to have several people go "oh, I can solo that one". Ok great, want to come help? Silence.

Maybe I'm weird, but I enjoy doing things even when I don't get/need anything.
[+]
By Kodaijin 2016-09-26 07:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There will be a server merge at some point, but as long as SE is making money from all of the server transfers, they wont do a merge. People transfer very frequently, both to find new homes and to sell their retardedly expensive items. Once the server transfers slow to a point where it becomes financially stupid not to merge, they will look more into it and probably put it onto the roadmap.

As far as the OP is concerned, youre unhappy with the current situation, and you want someone to fix it for you. You have 3 choices that have been already laid out for you.
1. Stay
2. Move
3. Quit

Maybe if you moved, your dad would follow. Maybe what is fun for him in game isnt the game, but the time he gets to spend with you. Maybe he doesnt care about the population and issues because he can still talk about the game with you. If you took the first step, he may follow. and if he doesnt? well, you only have to wait a couple of days to move back.

I'm with Diavolo... err.. Diavos (i like your old name better) I was on cerberus 2003-2016. It was home but what made the game fun was the people to play with. Most of those people are gone, so I went to asura to make new friends and I found many old cerb guys had already moved and started to yell at the clouds here. Plenty of people to do newer stuff and plenty of people to do older stuff. And no server congestion because lets face it, these servers were made to have a lot more people. unless its days 1-3 after an update for ambuscade, I cant think of any event where you have to wait your turn for more than a min or 2.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-09-26 10:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't on for the 2003 merge, I started in 06. As for the merger in 03, the very next year they added new servers due to over population. I didn't mention how there was 2 merges that took us to 16 servers because it was irrelevant. They took the least populated 16 servers and moved them into the more populated servers. It wasn't 2 separate mergers, it was the completion of the full server merge.
Again, current server populations are irrelevant, that is a point proven when SE does not care how little amount of people are on cerb, siren, sylph, etc. They are making money off server merges, why merge servers if people are still willing to pay to do it themselves?
Again, irrelevant, when you look at things from a business angle and you see there was a decrease in population after releasing content as well as a merger while people get into conflict with a new server being thrown with theirs, you assume the mistake isn't because lack of content. You blame it on the merge.
Not enough push to have a server merge? That question is brought up in front of the dev's all the time. People also bring up "great stories" of their first server.

There was a backlash in the community last time, people still pay for something they are asking for.
So if you want merger, there will possibly be a need for petition to show there wouldn't be as much backlash as last time, as well as people need to stop paying for the merger themselves.
Since people won't stop paying for the mergers due to low population, there needs to be a very large petition. Again, SE also sees "inactive mules" as active accounts. The fact that people have multiple accounts does not assist in the proof of a needed merger.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-09-26 11:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I moved from my long time server of 12 years (I think) siren to Odin. I do not regret it at all. I've made some friends on Odin and got some high content done. It was really worth it I know for a fact if I stayed on siren I would have quit a month later like all my other friends or moved servers. Another great thing about switching servers you meet new people. The only issue I see in all of this is the locked old stubborn way of thinking. "I'm tired of logging into a dead server." Ok go to Odin or Asura or hell ragnarok! "No that's stupid and my dad won't either." Well ***first world problems you want a solution but instantly step on the one that most likely will fix your concern. OR find new people on your server to play with. Maybe do a linkshell merge with another linkshell wanting the same goals as yours? But I do not regret server hopping. Just gonna be sad when or if I move to Asura :0. A lot of my old friends have moved there.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-09-26 11:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and I agree server merge would be nice but come on guys/gals. SE will do that when they want to period.
 Cerberus.Mirlikovir
user: eoz41
By Cerberus.Mirlikovir 2016-09-26 11:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm at a point where i'm thinking about merging too.

If anyone need blu or rdm or geo for anything else than ambu and T1 escha, i'll be happy to join them.

And i aggree, Cerb is pretty much dead. 20 /yell a day :s

So if you are willing to get me in your shell for end game content i'll join, just /tell me.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-09-26 11:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I know a shell looking for a extra geo but they want it to have Idris(I haven't finished mine yet) but I can ask.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-09-26 11:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand your plight, Kylos. I'm a long-time Cerbian myself having resided on Cerberus from 2003-2016. I too was fiercely loyal to the server regardless of the consistent deterioration in server population. But it is what it is, and you're just now seeing the reality of the situation.

There's only so much you can do before you start asking yourself why you aren't accomplishing your personal goals. Helping your LS and community is great, but let's be real here - you're not spending $12.95-$20.00 a month to JUST do that and ignore your own needs.

As been mentioned before your options are limited. Either you and your dad stay on Cerb and wonder daily why you log on and are unable to move forward with your goals and character development, or you suck it up and come to an active server (with Quilly) and perhaps with as many of your friends as possible - and start fresh on a thriving server.

Melee are back in the mix now and it's common to see a variety of DD jobs being used for end-game content - including DRK. So if you're wasting away on a dead server, perhaps it's time to move to an active one or quit the game. There's no point in paying for a game you are growing to resent.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2016-09-26 13:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubis said: »
Just leave. Staying on a dead server is like someone refusing to leave a job that they hate. Embrace change.

According to FFXIAH Database Cerberus is beyond saving.

LOL. You ever try to give this guy advice or read any of his posts before?
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2016-09-26 14:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to be on Leviathan, moved to Asura half a year ago or so. Havent regretted it since. Sure there are awfull people on Asura but there also were on Levi. These strange stories bout 20 minute waiting times for ambuscade etc arent exactly true either, never noticed it. Never had to wait in line for anything longer then 5 minutes and tbh the social quality and having a nice linkshell just compensates that much more. (I do find the many yell trolls incredibly entertaining to see how low a person can go to make themselves look like the biggest retards on all of the combined servers. If you find that annoying maybe stay where you are cause on Asura its a daily thing)
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2016-09-26 15:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not necessarily the server population as it is the skill level of the population. Other factors such as people being friendly, social, dedicating a decent enough amount of time, etc obviously play into that.

I moved to Quetz from Asura during Legion's popularity and when Delve came out.. we lost a lot of players that were angry their fancy weapons were being degraded and didn't want to wait the 6+ months until they adjusted it.

I took a hiatus after my LS got it's first 2 delve wins and came back roughly a year or two later. When I returned, Quetz was pretty tough in the not a lot of people around sense. Rather than give up and move, I worked my *** off getting my LS active again and started talking to the other larger LSes on the server.

Now, I'm getting stuff done faster than people on Asura even.. hell, my secondary LS is getting people to leave busier servers and come to us. After this next round of Aeonics, I believe it will be third place over all servers.

It's not about quantity.. it's about quality.. but on the smaller servers, you have to be more assertive to find the quality and more importantly start getting people together. All of the endgame folks on Quetz work together to some extreme and because of this.. we're able to get things done. I never have downtime where I'm sitting there like what do I do now.. and I only equip two Linkpearls regularly.

Ultimately, OP, you have to get out there and communicate with the other quality players on your server.. and if you don't want to do that.. than you should probably jump out.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-09-26 15:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can regularly field 12+ for vagary, all you have to do is start getting them to gear up and progress through upper content. You have enough people to do what you want, they just aren't good enough yet. Of course you aren't making much progress when your #1 goal is to repeat old content.
By Afania 2016-09-26 15:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »
It's not necessarily the server population as it is the skill level of the population. Other factors such as people being friendly, social, dedicating a decent enough amount of time, etc obviously play into that.

I moved to Quetz from Asura during Legion's popularity and when Delve came out.. we lost a lot of players that were angry their fancy weapons were being degraded and didn't want to wait the 6+ months until they adjusted it.

I took a hiatus after my LS got it's first 2 delve wins and came back roughly a year or two later. When I returned, Quetz was pretty tough in the not a lot of people around sense. Rather than give up and move, I worked my *** off getting my LS active again and started talking to the other larger LSes on the server.

Now, I'm getting stuff done faster than people on Asura even.. hell, my secondary LS is getting people to leave busier servers and come to us. After this next round of Aeonics, I believe it will be third place over all servers.

It's not about quantity.. it's about quality.. but on the smaller servers, you have to be more assertive to find the quality and more importantly start getting people together. All of the endgame folks on Quetz work together to some extreme and because of this.. we're able to get things done. I never have downtime where I'm sitting there like what do I do now.. and I only equip two Linkpearls regularly.

Ultimately, OP, you have to get out there and communicate with the other quality players on your server.. and if you don't want to do that.. than you should probably jump out.

OP clearly said he doesn't have that mulch time to do all these work. To do all the work you said you do need massive amount of playtime. If you play 3 days a week 1hr a day like me you aren't going to establish a group from nothing.

If you are casual, just want to log on and join a pt that's currently going, server change is the only solution. Other wise you'll have spend a LOT of time just to make connections and build a group.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2016-09-26 15:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

OP clearly said he doesn't have that mulch time to do all these work. To do all the work you said you do need massive amount of playtime. If you play 3 days a week 1hr a day like me you aren't going to establish a group from nothing.

If you are casual, just want to log on and join a pt that's currently going, server change is the only solution. Other wise you'll have spend a LOT of time just to make connections and build a group.

If someone was playing that little, would probably be in their best interests to quit or take a hiatus. Anyway, not the point - and while you would have better odds in that described situation.. you would still need to be assertive and put in SOME time on the new server to meet up with these magical people that will allow you to show up for an hour or two and jump right into things.
By Afania 2016-09-26 15:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
If you can regularly field 12+ for vagary, all you have to do is start getting them to gear up and progress through upper content. You have enough people to do what you want, they just aren't good enough yet. Of course you aren't making much progress when your #1 goal is to repeat old content.

The problem of building a group to endgame lv from Vagary lv is:

1. The leader is actually investing significant amount of time on people that may quit, thus not getting return from investment. This may not be an issue for OP since according to him he regularly helps people anyways.

2. Not everyone is really, really motivated to do endgame. Only 5% of people are.

The reality is that 95% of people that I know of, instead of lving a useful job such as blm run geo sch whm, they would
spend all their playtime work on an AG shitty relic such as Mandau or whatever relic that you can name and after they're done none of their job is still anywhere close to do T4, either melee or mage style.

The fact is that in order to do harder things the player needs to plan and use time efficiently on what to lv, what to gear, and focus on that specific role until it's decked out enough for hard things. Most players don't do that, they'll just build relic for one job and move on to next relic before that specific job is decked out enough to do anything hard. In the end they stuck doing ambuscade difficulty content, unable to move up simply because a middle of the road thf, sam, drk or whatever DD aren't going to clear hard things especially if the group don't have aeonic brd access.

I see this being the real issue to build a casual vag group to T4 and master trials ready group. Most People aren't interested in doing the work to gear up useful jobs, or obtain good gears besides REMA, they're only interested in building useless relic(or mythic)one after another.

3. Playtime...to build a group for hard stuff the leader needs ALOT of playtime. I have never seen any ls leader plays 3 days a week before their ls is fully established. Maybe after it's established leader can log in once a month and it's still functional, but leader certainly needs to play a lot when a ls juat started.
[+]
By Afania 2016-09-26 15:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If someone was playing that little, would probably be in their best interests to quit or take a hiatus. Anyway, not the point - and while you would have better odds in that described situation.. you would still need to be assertive and put in SOME time on the new server to meet up with these magical people that will allow you to show up for an hour or two and jump right into things.

Huh, I enjoy log on and play for 20 min then log off :S
 Asura.Diavos
By Asura.Diavos 2016-09-26 16:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The server merge discussion on OF has 193 posts, majority of OF discussion has less than 20 posts. This server merge question also pop on dev Q&A.

If you post a server merge discussion and got 0 reply then I would say server merge has no support but this isn't the fact.

I don't think SE cares, personally. The reason why SE isn't merging is definitely not because people don't ask, but because of other reasons.

Skim through that thread again: Are we getting a server merge soon? It's not 194 posts where everyone is pushing SE for a merge, it's 194 posts where a third of the people involved are pushing against the idea as hard as those pushing for it (and some of them using some frightening reasoning). Only about 40 players posted in that thread and while that's a great deal of interest as far as an official forum thread is concerned, it's spread out over the course of a year. It's obviously not enough.

Lakshmi.Orison said: »
It's great to be able to farm Dynamis without competition, to fill the gaps in the market, to queue for Ambuscade without having to wait 20 minutes. If we merged, such opportunities would be lost. Don't have enough people to play with? Level some more accounts; it's never been easier and you're helping the game to survive. Even the "dreaded" CoP only takes a couple of days.

I've personally seen Asura hit 1,500 accounts online many times over the last few months since moving to the server and I never had trouble CPing, entering Ambuscade, farming Dynamis or fighting Escha/Reis NMs during those peak hours, so let's please stop propagating this baseless line of thought.

Lakshmi.Orison said: »
If you want to transfer, transfer. It's in your hands. Let's not destroy choice for the sake of a few who won't choose.

That was baffling to read. Less is not more. Less is less, plain and simple. If you truly wanted to champion choice you would welcome a larger world, not a smaller one where you're creating new accounts in place of interacting with actual people. You're as free to play by yourself on a server with 1.5K online accounts as you are right now on Lakshmi. I did it often enough back when Cerberus was hitting 8K simultaneous online accounts, so I'm sure you'd manage just fine.