Random Politics & Religion #10

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #10
Random Politics & Religion #10
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-08 15:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I'm going to fold. All I had was an awakward photo of Trump trying to hug his daughter photoshopped to look like Hillary Clinton.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-09-08 16:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I've said tons of times before, but since you insist I'll repeat myself on the topic!

Our governments pretend that they're fighting for the greater good against this or that dictator because poor people are suffering. Yet we sell weapons to Saudi(very liberal country) which are used to bomb the ***out of Yemen....
Its all about the weapon sales. Our government alone cannot support the rapacity of our armament industry.

Besides... market share. We lead the world in weapon sales, we don't want anyone else wrapping up those fat contracts.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-08 16:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

UK sells them weapons too, dunno who else. Either way everyone's cool with that, including Italy which has nothing to even sell.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-08 16:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Still on vacation just got back from spending time with my family in Ohio and I seen so many Trump signs. Coal country is for Trump at least the south east is. Here's to Ohio going to Trump November 8th.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-08 16:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Still on vacation
How much will it cost to send you back on vacation?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-09-08 16:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Paris (CNN)Three women who were planning an "imminent and violent" attack were arrested near Paris on Thursday, French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said.
According to Cazaneuve, the women, whom he referred to as radicalized, were arrested in connection with gas cylinders found this week inside a car left in front of Notre Dame cathedral in Paris.
One police officer was injured in the shoulder when one woman attacked him with a knife in Boussy-Saint-Antoine, southeast of Paris, the minister told reporters. The injury was not life-threatening.

"I would like to express my gratitude to him and to his colleagues who had to open fire when faced with individuals armed with knives," Cazaneuve said.
One of the women also was hurt.
The minister said the unidentified women are 19, 23 and 39 years old.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-08 16:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that Notre Dame lost to UT last weekend, but damn, don't need to blow up the cathedral!
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-08 16:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
UK sells them weapons too, dunno who else. Either way everyone's cool with that, including Italy which has nothing to even sell.

That's what brought about the report. MPs on Britains committee on arms export control is split on continuing support of Saudi Arabia through arms sales. Not to be outdone the US Congress decided to be split on the matter as well.

It's not like the politicians really care outside of posturing for votes since they're all getting kick backs from the manufacturers anyhow. /cynic tirade
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-08 17:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
That's what brought about the report. MPs on Britains committee on arms export control is split on continuing support of Saudi Arabia through arms sales. Not to be outdone the US Congress decided to be split on the matter as well

You bring up a interesting point regarding the split congress on the issue of arms sales. No matter the outcome the verdict is still guilty for the establishment Democrat and Republican political party organizations. Both have enough evidence of arming the same terrorist states and groups responsible for domestic attacks on sovereign soil and foreign states soil.

Repeat after me

The Washington DC Trials will be bigger than the Nuremberg trials. The United States of America without political parties but with Independent Individuals.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-08 20:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

/opens Pandora's box for shits/giggles:

The Washington DC Trials
What would they be on trial for? Can you name what laws politicians have broken? Remember, you cannot convict a man for a law yet to be made.

Otherwise, I will sue you for the fraud you are before you even run for president, today.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-09-08 23:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
North Korea conducted a fifth nuclear test Friday, potentially its most powerful yet, South Korean officials said.
Seismic activity, with a magnitude of 5.3, was detected around 9 a.m. local time (8:30 p.m. ET) near Punggye-ri, Kilju County -- the same location as four other tests, the most recent of which was in January.

South Korea condemned the test, saying it was a clear violation of the United Nations Security Council resolution. President Park Geun-hye called Kim Jong Un's regime "fanatically reckless."
"The only thing that Kim Jong Un regime can gain from the nuclear tests is stronger sanctions from the international community and its isolation. Such provocation will eventually hasten its path to self-destruction," she said in a statement.
The blast had the explosive power of 10 kilotons, almost twice as large as the previous test, said Kim Nam-wook, from South Korea's Meteorological Administration.
By comparison, the nuclear bomb dropped on Hiroshima was 15 kilotons.

"We are currently analyzing whether it was a successful test," a South Korean defense ministry official told CNN.
A US official told CNN that it looked like a nuclear test but confirmation would be dependent on seismic readings, location of the seismic event and whether it can be matched to an underground test site.

The US Air Force is expected to start flying the WC-135 Constant Phoenix Aircraft in the coming hours to take air samples and see if it can determine a nuclear event occurred. Japan has sent four jets to test for radiation.
Satellite images had shown new activity at the Punggye-ri nuclear test site in recent weeks, according to North Korea monitoring site 38North.
A small number of mining carts could be seen, as well as a new canopy which was designed to hide activity to the site, analysts said.
In January, North Korea claimed it had successfully tested a hydrogen bomb, a move that was condemned by the UN Security Council and led to punitive sanctions on the North Korean regime.

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe told reporters Friday that if North Korea had conducted another nuclear test it was "absolutely unacceptable."
"We must lodge a strong protest," he said.
Concern has been growing that North Korea is testing weapons at an unprecedented pace this year, said CNN Seoul correspondent Paula Hancocks.
In addition to January's nuclear test, North Korea in March claimed to have miniaturized nuclear warheads and has tested several ballistic missiles, including some launched from a submarine.

Sanctions, including ones targeting Kim Jong Un personally, have had little effect.
Philip Yun, executive director of Ploughshares Fund, a group that advocates nuclear disarmament, said that North Korea had become "increasingly aggressive."
"The reason is because the international community is not taking it seriously. There's no prospect right now for any talks or negotiations. This will only escalate the situation," he said.
Friday is North Korea's national day and the nuclear test also comes just after U.S. President Barack Obama left Asia after attending international summits in China and Laos.
Earlier, the U.S. Geological Survey reported a 5.3 magnitude earthquake in North Korea, but later termed it an explosion. The South Korea Meteorological Administration measured the quake as magnitude 5.0 but said it believed it was artificial.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-09-09 01:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweden 6 hour work day: Does anyone have a link to the study?
I'm not sure it has been published. I googled it for a few minutes but as is to be expected, all the results are of news articles and I can't find a link to the actual study itself.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-09-09 09:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-09 10:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else down for a rule where people have to actually make comments about the dumb as sin conspiracy videos that they post instead of just leaving them here for nobody to watch?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-09-09 10:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Good news arms sales department:

Lawmakers Launch Last-Minute Bid To Block Billion-Dollar Arms Sale To Saudi Arabia
They say the U.S. shouldn’t continue to be complicit in mounting civilian casualties in Yemen.

HuffPo, and it seems to be original with them.

Quote:
WASHINGTON ― A bipartisan group of senators thinks maybe it’s not such a great idea for the United States to back Saudi Arabia’s slaughter of civilians in war-torn Yemen, and are mounting a rare bid to block a $1.15 billion arms sale to the U.S. ally.

Most of the approximately 10,000 civilian deaths in Yemen were caused by indiscriminate airstrikes by the Saudi-led coalition that relies on the U.S. for a supply of weapons, targeting assistance and logistical and intelligence support, the United Nations human rights office said last month.

The White House notified lawmakers of its intent to replenish the Saudis’ supply of machine guns, armored vehicles and tanks ― some of which have been destroyed in the conflict in Yemen ― in August, while members of Congress were back in their home districts on recess. Congress has 30 days to consider proposed arms sales, so the White House’s timing meant that lawmakers had little time to act after returning to Washington this week.

The lawmakers, led by Sens. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), introduced a resolution of disapproval on Thursday to block the weapons sale. They argue that the Saudis’ war against Houthi insurgents in Yemen harms U.S. national security by creating a chaotic environment that allows the al Qaeda unit there to strengthen. The Saudis have long been a U.S. ally in the war against al Qaeda and associated groups ― but in Yemen, their primary target is the Houthi insurgent group, which the Saudis see as closely aligned with Iran.

Paul and Murphy introduced legislation earlier this year that would place stricter conditions on U.S. military support to Saudi Arabia ― but GovTrack gives it a 2 percent chance of becoming law. This time, they are joined by Sens. Al Franken (D-Minn.) and Mike Lee (R-Utah) in offering the resolution under a seldom-exercised 1976 law that allows Congress to vote against such arms sales if individual lawmakers object.

“Selling $1.15 billion in tanks, guns, ammunition, and more to a country with a poor human rights record embroiled in a bitter war is a recipe for disaster and an escalation of an ongoing arms race in the region,” Paul said in a statement.

“Saudi Arabia is an important partner, but their war in Yemen, funded by the U.S., has become a disaster that is making our country less safe every day,” said Murphy. “Thousands of civilians are being killed, and terrorist groups inside the country, like al Qaeda and ISIS, are getting stronger. Until the Saudis conduct changes, the U.S. should put a pause on further arms sales.”

Although the 1976 Arms Export Control Act gives lawmakers the ability to expedite votes against specific arms sales, it’s a difficult route to take. In this case, many members of Congress see Saudi Arabia as a valuable ally they don’t want to upset, so there may not be enough votes to pass in either chamber.

But there are mounting signs that lawmakers are growing frustrated with their Gulf ally. Sixty-four members in the House signed a bipartisan letter last month urging the Obama administration to postpone the planned weapons sale.

“Amnesty International has documented at least 33 unlawful airstrikes by the Saudi-Arabia-led coalition across Yemen that appear to have deliberately targeted civilians and civilian facilities, such as hospitals, schools, markets, and places of worship. These attacks may amount to war crimes,” they wrote in the letter.

Another nonprofit human rights organization, Human Rights Watch, questioned the timing of the Obama administration’s decision to restock the Saudis with weapons to use in Yemen. The same week the White House notified Congress of the sale, the Saudi-coalition bombed a factory, killing 10 civilians, the group noted in a statement. Shortly after, an airstrike partially destroyed a Doctors Without Borders-supported hospital, killing 19.

Even if there are enough votes to pass the disapproval resolution, Obama can still veto it. It would then take two-thirds of the votes in each chamber to stop the sale.

Still, the legislative gambit is another sign of Congress’ growing discomfort with White House foreign policy, regardless of party. And the move may also force a debate that makes Americans think more deeply about the actions their nation supports around the world.

“I believe it is our responsibility as stewards of our constituents’ interests to have a public discussion and debate on the merits ― or lack thereof ― of our involvement in this conflict and the broader Middle East,” Lee said. “This presents Congress with an opportunity to prove we can do our jobs in a bipartisan manner and put the safety and security of the American people first.”
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-09-09 10:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Anyone else down for a rule where people have to actually make comments about the dumb as sin conspiracy videos that they post instead of just leaving them here for nobody to watch?

I really, really, really don't want to get in the business of making rules about specific viewpoints in the P+R section (beyond the one we already have).
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-09-09 10:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
(beyond the one we already have).
About MLP or Vax bs?
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-09 10:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Sweden 6 hour work day: Does anyone have a link to the study?
I'm not sure it has been published. I googled it for a few minutes but as is to be expected, all the results are of news articles and I can't find a link to the actual study itself.

If you can't find it use your imagination of what a hour work day theory really is.

The theory of a hour work day is being used against us all taking away the value of currency in our lives called Time. Time is precious and should be held as the most valuable currency. Instead today we use mere objects, paper, different types of rocks to mask what's really being taken away from us, which is our Time in our short lives. Yes we humans have a expiration date no matter how many organs we harvest to put in our bodies to replace the damaged dying ones, our time is the most valuable currency.

Labor is a polite form of vocabulary for Slavery, it could be taken voluntary by choosing to enslave yourself under contract willingly or enforced against you unwillingly.

The citizenry of this world and its many nations should really keep a keen eye on their governments. Because it is these institutions no matter their form or style that make law that affect our short lives.

Yes there can be sustainable living, and providing for a family working less than 6 hour work day. But are your government leaders willing to represent you and make law and policy doing this? If not i suggest you get into government and do this. The benefits stare everyone one of us in our eyes. This could lead to more employment massively cutting down on the unemployment in each nation by creating more working shifts. Business entrepreneurs can expand their services making more profits, working men and women can spend more time with their love ones and family or themselves this is a win/win for everyone to make use of the ultimate currency which is their Time.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-09 10:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

LG,

Do you have a sovereign citizen card yet?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-09 10:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I really, really, really don't want to get in the business of making rules about specific viewpoints in the P+R section (beyond the one we already have).

Makes sense, but it could also just be to address video spam in general that gets posted without commentary, with the exception of things like music videos and short clips from shows (e.g. The Simpsons) that are put in for comedic effect.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-09 11:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Time is precious and should be held as the most valuable currency.
The movie In Time should be considered a fiction and not historically real.

Just saying.

Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-09 11:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a long winded way of saying only the videos and opinions of the posters I like/willing to tolerate.

Who is to say that the posters of said conspiracy theory videos aren't doing it for comedic effect?

It's easier to block than advocate censorship policies. Then again all it took was a few complaints to get P&R demained and turned into a user account option. So maybe you'll be the straw that breaks Rooks proverbial back. Probably not though.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-09-09 11:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

LG,

No i don't but when i become President you will see more authority going to the states and our federal government jurisdiction borders shrink back to the district of columbia instead of across the 50 states. You will see our court system governed under the US Constitution and not outside of it like you see today.

You're going to love it zerowone more freedoms and significantly less taxes you you won't need a card to claim your a sovereign citizen you will be independently sovereign already living and breathing with a small Constitutional Republic that respects your Rights and Privacy and Property.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-09-09 11:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

a few complaints

It was not a few complaints. It was many, many requests over time (plus some complaints).

that breaks Rooks proverbial back

If y'all haven't broken me yet, you ain't gonna
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-09 11:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
/opens Pandora's box for shits/giggles:

The Washington DC Trials
What would they be on trial for? Can you name what laws politicians have broken? Remember, you cannot convict a man for a law yet to be made.

Otherwise, I will sue you for the fraud you are before you even run for president, today.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-09 11:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-09-09 11:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

our federal government jurisdiction borders shrink back to the district of columbia instead of across the 50 states.
Actually, I'm curious.

What do you think the Federal Government, you know, actually does? I mean, really does?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-09 11:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

LG,

No i don't...

Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-09 11:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

a few complaints

It was not a few complaints. It was many, many requests over time (plus some complaints).

that breaks Rooks proverbial back

Geez stop being so dramatic
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28