Random Politics & Religion #08

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #08
Random Politics & Religion #08
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 82 83 84
By Ramyrez 2016-07-29 11:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Which is why I'm trying to make this point.

That you are bigoted and prejudiced towards rednecks?

We got that point a long time ago.

Oh you. You're just trying to provoke now.

*reaches over and twists your diabolical moustache for you*
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-29 11:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

#rednecklivesmatter
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-29 11:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Which is why I'm trying to make this point.

That you are bigoted and prejudiced towards rednecks?

We got that point a long time ago.

Oh you. You're just trying to provoke now.

*reaches over and twists your diabolical moustache for you*

I'm calling you a bigot and a hypocrite.

He said "if you want to see hundreds of thousands of Muslims killed, you'd view her time as SoS as a success."

Well, that's what they want!

and why is it that liberals have no problem broadly generalizing rednecks and white people?

Here's a tip McFeely. If you would like to stop being offensive towards rednecks, try the sentance out in your mind with the N word instead and see how it feels first.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-29 11:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone that doesn't live in NYC Chicago or LA is a redneck according to "them".
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-29 11:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some of us it is hard to believe that live in real places not urban death traps...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-29 11:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
But until collective bargaining becomes the guaranteed right it should be
HA

Like that will ever happen.

Well our conclusion is the same, if not for different reasons.
Collective bargaining will never become a "guaranteed right" because it always goes against itself.

For example: You have 2 unions in the same company who wants the same benefit. This benefit can only be given to one of the two unions. If collective bargaining is a "right," then that means that both unions must receive that benefit, but it's impossible for both unions to receive it, as it is only available for one. Therefor, the "right" itself becomes null due to it's very nature.

In other words, unions will just self-destruct if you can't have it all, and if unions have it all, it will cause the company to self-destruct and everyone ends up worse off then they were before.

Which is the very nature of the union, to hurt the worker.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-07-29 11:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

But until collective bargaining becomes the guaranteed right it should be
HA

Like that will ever happen.

Well our conclusion is the same, if not for different reasons.
Collective bargaining will never become a "guaranteed right" because it always goes against itself.

For example: You have 2 unions in the same company who wants the same benefit. This benefit can only be given to one of the two unions. If collective bargaining is a "right," then that means that both unions must receive that benefit, but it's impossible for both unions to receive it, as it is only available for one. Therefor, the "right" itself becomes null due to it's very nature.

In other words, unions will just self-destruct if you can't have it all, and if unions have it all, it will cause the company to self-destruct and everyone ends up worse off then they were before.

Which is the very nature of the union, to hurt the worker.
Yeah... No.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-29 11:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Very insightful counterpoint Flavin.

I have no way to counter that!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-29 11:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Yeah... No.

Riveting counter-argument.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-29 11:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmm. And you call me McFeely. Adorable.

Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-07-29 11:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if the Dems strayed from backing unions so strongly I think it'd still be a toss up for votes because republicans definitely love to union bust...
By stillhere 2016-07-29 11:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... No.

Can we get a standing ovation for this epic rebuttal!?! KN has no chance against this stellar intellect.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-07-29 11:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not even a valid point to begin with as that shows you have an extremely limited understanding of a unions place in employment and negotiating...

the real problem With unions is when they get what they bargain for then continue to shoot for more which usually causes issues both internally and externally as it focuses more on maintaining and increasing its workforce rather than meeting requirements they agree to perform...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-07-29 11:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Yeah... No.

I love you too buddy but please you don't have to keep following me around like a lost puppy dog looking for something to bark at...
By fonewear 2016-07-29 11:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think FFXIAH should form a union to get the fair and equitable treatment we deserve !
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-07-29 11:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

stillhere said: »
Yeah... No.

Can we get a standing ovation for this epic rebuttal!?! KN has no chance against this stellar intellect.
Yay all three of you said the same thing... At least you guys are you know consistent with each other in saying the same exact reply over and over lol... What would we do without that... Sigh
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-29 11:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... No.

I love you too buddy but please you don't have to keep following me around like a lost puppy dog looking for something to bark at...

I believe I comment about a lack of self-awareness yesterday....

Regardless, I'm in this forum every day, and I respond to a lot of people. Don't try too hard to feel special.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-29 11:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

*commented

#wings4Rooks
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-29 12:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not even a valid point to begin with as that shows you have an extremely limited understanding of a unions place in employment and negotiating...

the real problem With unions is when they get what they bargain for then continue to shoot for more which usually causes issues both internally and externally as it focuses more on maintaining and increasing its workforce rather than meeting requirements they agree to perform...
I have a limited understanding of unions to you?

Have you even dealt with unions before? Besides being a member of it that is.

Have you ever seen what a union does to a company? Have you ever looked at how many companies become insolvent because of the "collective bargaining" agreements? Hell, GM almost went out of business because of unions. They were saved only because of government intervention (which on itself, the way they were saved was not the best interest of the country).

Unions are notorious for shutting down companies, regardless of getting their way or not. And the companies that manage to survive? Their inefficiency rating is through the roof!

Have you ever asked yourself "Why are companies going to states where unions are not mandatory?" One could even argue that companies are outsourcing manufacturing jobs to stay solvent against unions.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-29 12:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you ever asked yourself "Why are companies going to states where unions are not mandatory?" One could even argue that companies are outsourcing manufacturing jobs to stay solvent against unions.

One could argue that a company that cannot provide a living wage and adequate benefits to all employees does not deserve to remain solvent.

Which is why I'm against the need for unions, better wages and benefits should be mandated by the government, period.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-29 12:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

One could argue that a company that cannot provide a living wage and adequate benefits to all employees does not deserve to remain solvent.

Which is why I'm against the need for unions, better wages and benefits should be mandated by the government, period.

And to be clear, I'm against the way unions protect bad workers and get involved in politics that don't involve their represented members.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-29 12:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Gen. Allen: ‘No question’ troops will follow woman commander in chief

Quote:
Retired four-star Marine Gen. John Allen, who has endorsed Hillary Clinton for president, told Yahoo News in a Thursday interview that there is “no question” that American troops will take orders from a woman commander in chief.

Allen, who commanded U.S. forces in Afghanistan and was President Obama’s top military adviser in the campaign against the so-called Islamic State, also said that Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has said things that make U.S. forces around the world less safe.

He cited Trump’s calls to resume using torture, to target the families of suspected terrorists, and to ban travel to the United States by Muslims.

“Those kinds of comments make our troops vulnerable and at risk overseas,” he said. And that kind of language “also has the potential to light off individuals that could be radicalized in the United States … accelerating or even creating a radicalization which could push people into the arms of violent extremists.”

Asked whether American troops are ready to serve under a woman commander in chief, Allen replied that “there’s no question in my mind” that they are.

“She’s exactly the kind of person that we want to be the commander in chief,” said the Marine, who praised Clinton’s work with him when she was secretary of state and he led NATO and the U.S. forces in Afghanistan.

Asked whether Clinton’s email controversy gave him pause, Allen replied that, given his experience in dealing with her, “I have no reason to question her judgment.”

Discuss.

Actually smells a little like manufactured controversy to me. I don't recall there ever being a question of troops being willing following a female president.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-07-29 12:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a limited understanding of unions to you?

Have you even dealt with unions before? Besides being a member of it that is.

Have you ever seen what a union does to a company? Have you ever looked at how many companies become insolvent because of the "collective bargaining" agreements? Hell, GM almost went out of business because of unions. They were saved only because of government intervention (which on itself, the way they were saved was not the best interest of the country).

Unions are notorious for shutting down companies, regardless of getting their way or not. And the companies that manage to survive? Their inefficiency rating is through the roof!

Well first off I've never been part of a union so nice swing and a miss there...

You speak as if I support unions but clearly you're only selectively reading my comments again because you know them dirty liberal looking people must support unions!

Everything else you said does nothing to back up your original example and claim...

Some companies do run from Union states and others don't... You can't escape dealing with unions most times because they represent many public services like the police force, firefighters and teachers....

Also, blaming the unions solely for the downfall of any company is dose tenuous at best... Poor leadership from management and the ability to coexist with unions is a problem... Management should be able to deal with these things in a reasonable fashion as should Union reps but it doesn't always work that way and then the scapegoating on either side begins...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-29 12:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Which brings up another topic: What a person's skill is worth.

You shouldn't expect people with no skills to make six figures a year. Also, you can't really believe that people who do have skills aren't being paid at the market value.

And that has nothing to do with collective bargaining. Those that are in unions want more money for less work, and keep demanding it until the company goes out of business, then moves on to the next company doing the exact same thing.

Unions are leeches of society. Plain and simple.
By powerlessmod 2016-07-29 12:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

A Hillary supporter making up a controversy over nothing. I'm shocked I tell you! Shocked!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-07-29 12:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... No.

I believe I comment about a lack of self-awareness yesterday....

Regardless, I'm in this forum every day, and I respond to a lot of people. Don't try too hard to feel special.
Maybe the problem is you're not even aware about how many times you post in reply to me... Hmmm... In any case it's really embarrassing all the attention you give me man... Why not try to spread the love around a bit of at least you know not repeat what everyone else who seems to have an issue with that reply ^^
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-29 12:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Retired four-star Marine Gen. John Allen, who has endorsed Hillary Clinton for president, told Yahoo News in a Thursday interview that there is “no question” that American troops will take orders from a woman commander in chief.

Allen, who commanded U.S. forces in Afghanistan and was President Obama’s top military adviser in the campaign against the so-called Islamic State, also said that Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has said things that make U.S. forces around the world less safe.

He cited Trump’s calls to resume using torture, to target the families of suspected terrorists, and to ban travel to the United States by Muslims.

“Those kinds of comments make our troops vulnerable and at risk overseas,” he said. And that kind of language “also has the potential to light off individuals that could be radicalized in the United States … accelerating or even creating a radicalization which could push people into the arms of violent extremists.”

Asked whether American troops are ready to serve under a woman commander in chief, Allen replied that “there’s no question in my mind” that they are.

“She’s exactly the kind of person that we want to be the commander in chief,” said the Marine, who praised Clinton’s work with him when she was secretary of state and he led NATO and the U.S. forces in Afghanistan.

Asked whether Clinton’s email controversy gave him pause, Allen replied that, given his experience in dealing with her, “I have no reason to question her judgment.”

Discuss.

Actually smells a little like manufactured controversy to me. I don't recall there ever being a question of troops being willing following a female president.
It is.

How would we know what troops will do if there's a woman president unless there is one. I guess we won't find out for another 12 years or so.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-07-29 12:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Which brings up another topic: What a person's skill is worth.

You shouldn't expect people with no skills to make six figures a year. Also, you can't really believe that people who do have skills aren't being paid at the market value.

And that has nothing to do with collective bargaining. Those that are in unions want more money for less work, and keep demanding it until the company goes out of business, then moves on to the next company doing the exact same thing.

Unions are leeches of society. Plain and simple.
Which unskilled workers are making 6 figures?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-29 12:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

One problem with unions is that people recognize that unions were once a powerful force for good, but can't recognize how much of an abomination they've become.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-07-29 12:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

now all we gotta do is nominate one!

/comicrimshot
[+]