Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 Announced With A Fee.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 17 18 19
 Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-07-01 12:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Minivict said: »
Asura.Foreverj said: »
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
How has this thread not been locked yet lol

Konvict u gonna pay extra storage for all 4 chars? Lol ;)
Haha. I already give those bums enough of my money as it is. And I unfortunately have 6 characters. Nope don't need the space not worth an extra 288 dollars.

Lol damn 6. That's crazy. How u do it? What's the highest content u can 6box?
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2016-07-01 12:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This cash grab probably won't cause people to quit. What will cause people to quit are the subsequent changes that will occur if this is a success and they are allowed to sell other bonuses. At that point, there would be no reason for them to even give out "free" things anymore, so you'll see less decent monthly campaigns, worse bonus items from cumulative hallmarks, worse login campaigns (although I don't see how that could get any worse), lower drop rates, etc.

I've only returned in February, so for anyone who has been around longer, have they been spacing out the more popular campaigns farther apart? Even if they've hadn't, I've only seen bonus cp with the length of 1 week at a time, and this will only get worse if they decide to sell campaigns.

As for those denying that they will sell items in a cash shop, it seems like they've gotten pretty good at shoving a ton of items/choices into 1 mog kupon. It was pretty crazy getting that AF kupon that rewarded 12 of each Rem chapter, for a total of 120 items all at once. As for the campaign bonuses, remember that they just introduced a new method to ease difficulty of some enemies just by being in a party for specific RoV missions with zero prior interaction with the specified enemy. Depending on exactly how this works, it could probably be applied to give campaign bonuses only to those who paid for them or the party they're in, opening another can of worms.

I would love to be wrong on all this and feel like I'm over exaggerating. But then I remember that this is the same company that released XIV 1.0. If anyone can *** up an MMORPG, it's SE.
[+]
 Shiva.Silversean
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Silversean 2016-07-01 12:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

At first I thought this was a cash-grab, pay-to-win move by SE to suck more money out of FFXI and that made me angry, but then I thought about it more. Isn't XI's funding pretty much non-existent? The wardrobe move could be to raise money to implement new things to game (I hope that's why they did this at least).
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2016-07-01 13:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
So, when I logged onto the game last night, out of 2 linkshells totalling about 70 players, only 1 person was upset. The others were either planning on getting the space, or didn't need it and didn't care. All the people flipping out here either don't play and just love to complain, or are a vocal minority. And like I said before, if you don't play, stop complaining. No one is trying to sell you anything.

Same thing I noticed, most people are like "meh whatever".

It's only a super small vocal minority bitching, and they don't even play the game much anymore.

This right here /thread.

I view all of these non-playing bitchy individuals in the same level as our wonderful in-house resident troll fonewear. There is a key connection...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-01 13:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Se said so much in the past - can't believe you take what they say as facts still xD
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2016-07-01 13:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I read like half the thread then skipped to the end... anyway.

I agree that this would be just fine if it was a one time payment, but adding it to the sub fee is... overboard. Some are comparing this to a cash shop, no, cash shops can be fine when they add something like this (though preferably just cosmetics, mounts, etc). But this would be like XIV's cash shop, instead of charging $10 for some mount, charged an extra $1 a month to your subscription to own said mount. That is highly unusual... and unnecessary.

No one complained much back in the day when buying the $10 security token gave you an extra storage, something like that would work fine now and give more profit now as opposed to MAYBE giving more profit over time.

But what do I know. I don't play XI anymore! But even before abyssea I remember struggling to hold all my RDM gear in the boat load of inventory I had.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-01 13:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
if you don't play, stop complaining
Not everyone who is currently not subbed has quit for good. Again, your opinion is not the only one that matters, stop trying to censor those who disagree with you.
I'm not trying to censor you. My comment was directed to the lurkers who quit for good and just come here to bash the game.
Let's be clear: People aren't bashing the game. They're bashing SE over a blatant cash grab tactic. If they can soak you for $4 a month for VIRTUAL item storage, then they can soak you for more money for other things, such as iLvl.119 AG3 weapons, etc. Soon after that, you have an FFXI that's essentially "pay to win" where no one is on any form of equal footing, which only encourages botting and RMT activities.
Just because someone is willing to pay for storage, doesn't mean they'll pay for anything SE offers.
Also, people have already beat everything in the game (except the master trial). So IF SE decides to sell gear, and no one said they will, it will only make content accessible to people who never stood a chance of getting it. But if you played and spoke to people in game, you'd see that the ones who want to beat stuff beat it and the casuals really don't care to, so they wouldn't buy into that.
I'm making my own ultimate weapons. I would never buy one, ever. Everything doesn't always have to be all or nothing.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-01 13:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Bismarck.Patrik said: »
I read like half the thread then skipped to the end... anyway.

I agree that this would be just fine if it was a one time payment, but adding it to the sub fee is... overboard. Some are comparing this to a cash shop, no, cash shops can be fine when they add something like this (though preferably just cosmetics, mounts, etc). But this would be like XIV's cash shop, instead of charging $10 for some mount, charged an extra $1 a month to your subscription to own said mount. That is highly unusual... and unnecessary.

No one complained much back in the day when buying the $10 security token gave you an extra storage, something like that would work fine now and give more profit now as opposed to MAYBE giving more profit over time.

But what do I know. I don't play XI anymore! But even before abyssea I remember struggling to hold all my RDM gear in the boat load of inventory I had.
I paid the $10 gladly for the security token a long time ago. The big draw for me was the added layer of protection, while the satchel was just icing on the cake for buying it, and as you said, that was a one time charge as I haven't had to buy a new one since.
$4 for virtual storage, on a recurring charge on top of the subscription fee is not needed. They should raise the subscription fee by $4 and just give everyone the storage for keeps.
If they did this, we'd be on page 15 of "@$&%**'& SE! How dare they force us to pay for storage we don't need !" thread.
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2016-07-01 13:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually forcing a boost in monthly fee, regardless of the benefit, would lose a hell of a lot more players than something like this ever would.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-01 13:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is more lively than FFXI itself just think about that for a second...
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-07-01 14:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Will you get Mog Wardrobe 3/4?

Poll: http://goo.gl/ArjlCu
Results: http://goo.gl/fdh0ep

Please vote once.

:3

[Mod Edit: Approved. - AnnaMolly]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2016-07-01 14:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »

Please vote once.

:3

[Mod Edit: Approved. - AnnaMolly]

Not sure if this is going to be such a clean poll. Sock accounts, trolls, etc aren't filtered..

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-01 17:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »

Please vote once.

That's not the right question to ask, for the record. Almost noone is debating their usefulness, people are debating whether they should be charged an additional fee for it. Further, they're debating what it may or may not mean as a start of a cash-shop.

Some people will pay for it because they need it, or won't even though they need it. Others have barely filled one wardrobe and have no interest.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
Server: Ragnarok
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2016-07-01 17:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

All I ever wanted is a race change...a one time fee race change not pay-monthly-to-maintain-new-race-change...

I don't like this, but I'll have to do it! >.< ugh..
I'll sacrifice 2-4 of my mules...Tarutaru meat for everyone :D
By Afania 2016-07-01 17:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flanteus said: »
All I ever wanted is a race change...a one time fee race change not pay-monthly-to-maintain-new-race-change...

I wanna be a taru.
[+]
By Azurea 2016-07-01 18:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If this entire thing is because they need to make more money to keep the game alive, I'd much rather them come out and admit to it, followed by doing something like a kickstarter dedicated to funding future content. If people knew there was something concrete on the horizon, I feel as if they would be more willing to back it. Something like tossing $10 at the kickstarter would permanently unlock both new wardrobes as well as help support development.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Conini
Server: Carbuncle
user: Conini
By Carbuncle.Conini 2016-07-01 18:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I can add to this discussion is the following (which I'm sure has been covered):

A. You pay a subscription fee for 'free' content added to a game- if you pay a subscription fee, you are ENTITLED to 'free' content added to the game. >_>; it's what you paid a *** subscription fee for! If I subscribed to a magazine and then was told 5-7 pages would be ripped out unless I paid an extra 5$, then screw that magazine.

B. Square Enix sucks.

C. While this is an optional addition, the players who say well hah! I'll just cancel my mules! ...doesn't matter. You're still supporting future cash grab exclusives. Excellent work.

D. This game is the same ***pushed on us as new content- paying the subscription fee is already over the top.

I play 8 active jobs, and the need for space is real. But, I would never support what Square Enix is trying to start. What Azurea said about the fundraiser would make more sense to me- at least we would have the false hope for content that isn't rehashed. Until this game is F2P, it is quite lulzy to demand money for something we should be entitled to.

Edit: thing(s)*
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Conini
By Carbuncle.Conini 2016-07-01 19:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
How much is four dollars? I'm not trying to troll or probe or anything. But is four dollars really that much for something? It's just four dollars :D

That's not the issue. The issue is if this is well RECIEVED, this will be the beginning of what makes FFXIV bad- Cash shops for things you NEED. NOT apparel, name change, race change, etc... which I would be totally fine with them adding if they wanted to make money on simple things like that.

Do you really want to play a game where they'll release a trust or some form of weakener each month that is designed specifically to ensure you win whatever rehashed crap they add for that month's "new" content?
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-07-01 19:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i remember several years back (when ppl actually talked to each other in game) when ppl always kept saying 'I have no room! I need more! Hell, id even be willing to pay for more room!'

how times change... kinda
[+]
 Bismarck.Vasch
user: heykojiro
By Bismarck.Vasch 2016-07-01 19:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

How much is four dollars? I'm not trying to troll or probe or anything. But is four dollars really that much for something? It's just four dollars :D

a fun size bag of dorits, a 20 oz mtn dew, and fries from McDonalds.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Conini
By Carbuncle.Conini 2016-07-01 19:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, isn't FFXI expensive as sin compared to most MMOs nowadays? That's something one of my friends mentioned, but I haven't played any other MMO that wasn't F2P except WoW. And iirc, Wow was something like 15$ with all character slots- FFXI's base is pretty high apparently... for such an old arse game too? Anyone wanna confirm/reject that for me? I'm too lazy to actually go look that up lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-07-01 20:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just $2.00... what is worth $2.00......

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Draylo 2016-07-01 20:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if you're trolling but its been brought up like 50 times in this thread... Also idk if this was posted from DEV but

Quote:
"We're currently looking into how to distribute the Ark Angel alter egos so stay tuned for updates!
Thanks for your feedback concerning alter egos you'd like to see in the future and please keep them coming! "

panic or no? lol
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-07-01 21:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ask on the OF for a Yojimbo trust that runs on real money instead of gil.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-07-01 21:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Why the heck do people honestly think this uproar is because 2$ is too much? The point is, once SE sees you start shelling out cash for 'exclusive content', they are going to keep it coming. After a certain point, all the stuff we would have gotten already as an update, you will now have to pay more cash to be able to enjoy it. This has NOTHING to do with a measly 2 dollars, that's like 5 minutes of work. So please, read the previous posts before you post on here trying to act all high and mighty because you can afford 2 *** dollars. LOL.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 17 18 19