Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 Announced With A Fee.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 17 18 19
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-01 07:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny that one side calls the other out for "reading into things" when saying this is a bad omen and yet people can say "Maybe they just need more money?"

Why on earth do they need more money? They're hardly doing anything. I'm fine with the sub price where it's at but, if anything, the price should go down.

Maybe the mount system took some recent fresh programming (who can say how long that's been on the back burner--but I'll call myself out on that one, I'm making an assumption) but once it's in place they're just adding copying mobs skins basically.

The Ambuscade fights? Most of it has been "Lets stick some mobs in legion." These aren't new mobs, they aren't overall new fights.

If they want more money, they should do better. Before someone says "Maybe they need more money in order to do better", let me say that "They shouldn't have slumped to this level in the first place"
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-01 08:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »
Most of the people left playing are the FFxi fans like myself. I'll happily pony up a measly 2 bucks for more space or even 2 bucks a month for double cap campaign. Or 4 bucks for a super triple campaign marathon and then deactivate that next month. I'll even pay 5 dollars a month for a mime hybrid job that someone faked before .

I like to think reverse slippery slop. More revenue maybe can hire more people maybe more contents.

[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-01 08:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
It's funny that one side calls the other out for "reading into things" when saying this is a bad omen and yet people can say "Maybe they just need more money?"

Why on earth do they need more money? They're hardly doing anything. I'm fine with the sub price where it's at but, if anything, the price should go down.

Maybe the mount system took some recent fresh programming (who can say how long that's been on the back burner--but I'll call myself out on that one, I'm making an assumption) but once it's in place they're just adding copying mobs skins basically.

The Ambuscade fights? Most of it has been "Lets stick some mobs in legion." These aren't new mobs, they aren't overall new fights.

If they want more money, they should do better. Before someone says "Maybe they need more money in order to do better", let me say that "They shouldn't have slumped to this level in the first place"

That 4 bucks a month pays the devs salary that is why they are doing this !

Actually 4 bucks a month is about the dollar amount of content we get every month...
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-01 08:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So, when I logged onto the game last night, out of 2 linkshells totalling about 70 players, only 1 person was upset. The others were either planning on getting the space, or didn't need it and didn't care. All the people flipping out here either don't play and just love to complain, or are a vocal minority. And like I said before, if you don't play, stop complaining. No one is trying to sell you anything.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-07-01 08:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What most people seem to not comprehend is that the money they will collect from these won't be pouring into FFXI. They wouldn't have let another company make a reboot for mobile market if they still had faith in the original game. They wouldn't have shrunk the dev team down multiple times in recent years. They wouldn't have forced people to migrate to more crowded servers instead of merging the dead servers. One must be both blind and deaf to miss the fact that the game is near the bottom of their priority list.

Wahhh, I don't want to be charged an additional monthly fee for premium content in a game I'm already paying a monthly fee for.

(Nothing in XI is free, save the welcome back campaigns)

Premium content? I don't remember them selling us the second mog safe. They were aware of the inventory issue for almost one and a half decade. They kept blaming their own limitations, but somehow, one day, they magically realized they could develop workarounds to ease our pain and now, they must be thinking that they gave out too much in recent years so why not start selling things they claimed to be impossible in the past.

If anything, they had many more people on the dev team who were much more familiar with the PS2 environment back in the day to develop workarounds and they should have given us these so called "conveniences" ten years ago.

It would have been very nice of them to give these away as some sort of a compensation present with a message to players acknowledging the inventory issue. That would keep people interested much more deeply than selling them the extra space for a 30% increase to their monthly fees. They could have possibly turned many people who were thinking about quitting and thus helped both the community and their own revenues. We would feel thankful for seeing that they still honestly care about the core issues of the game.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-01 08:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
So, when I logged onto the game last night, out of 2 linkshells totalling about 70 players, only 1 person was upset. The others were either planning on getting the space, or didn't need it and didn't care. All the people flipping out here either don't play and just love to complain, or are a vocal minority. And like I said before, if you don't play, stop complaining. No one is trying to sell you anything.

70 people that pretty much sums up the server population on my server !
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-01 08:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

70 people that pretty much sums up the server population on my server !
You always have the smartest things to say. Please comment more often. Everything you say is gold...
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-01 09:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Wahhh, I don't want to be charged an additional monthly fee for premium content in a game I'm already paying a monthly fee for.

(Nothing in XI is free, save the welcome back campaigns)

Premium content? I don't remember them selling us the second mog safe. They were aware of the inventory issue for almost one and a half decade. They kept blaming their own limitations, but somehow, one day, they magically realized they could develop workarounds to ease our pain and now, they must be thinking that they gave out too much in recent years so why not start selling things they claimed to be impossible in the past.

If anything, they had many more people on the dev team who were much more familiar with the PS2 environment back in the day to develop workarounds and they should have given us these so called "conveniences" ten years ago.

It would have been very nice of them to give these away as some sort of a compensation present with a message to players acknowledging the inventory issue. That would keep people interested much more deeply than selling them the extra space for a 30% increase to their monthly fees. They could have possibly turned many people who were thinking about quitting and thus helped both the community and their own revenues. We would feel thankful for seeing that they still honestly care about the core issues of the game.

I don't think we're disagreeing. I think one of our sarcasm meters is broke. Oh well, text is flat, these things happen.

You're saying here something similar to a thing I said earlier in this thread: When they gave us the sack or satchel (whichever came with token), that felt like they were 'gifting' us with something because they needed us to pay for something to enhance the security of our accounts. They had little choice but to sell the item, and made a small profit, but they gave us a nice bonus for it.

SE's line of thought being used towards these wardrobes is the complete opposite.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2016-07-01 09:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm shocked this thread has made it to 14 pages. :S
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-01 09:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »
I'm shocked this thread has made it to 14 pages. :S

Just wait till the cash shop opens I"m guessing it will go to page 100 !
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-01 09:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Same thing I noticed, most people are like "meh whatever".

It's only a super small vocal minority bitching, and they don't even play the game much anymore.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-01 09:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's be honest NA/EU opinions don't matter what the Japanese think actually matters...
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-01 09:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

if you don't play, stop complaining
Not everyone who is currently not subbed has quit for good. Again, your opinion is not the only one that matters, stop trying to censor those who disagree with you.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2016-07-01 09:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I currently have a sub and don't play.

*sits in the corner*
[+]
 Sylph.Mozhat
Server: Sylph
user: Mozhat
By Sylph.Mozhat 2016-07-01 09:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I for one will not line SE pockets any farther in this game.

I pay $360.00 a year all ready and to pay them additional $48.00 per account on top that, no thx.

In my book that is at least 10 games a year that I can buy.

I'm not happy the way this game has played out. To me all those items, sea, sky, salvage, einherjar, 3 branches of shantotto, and CP gear. All those are just memories, trophies, either put on a dam slip, tossed, wasting space.
All those items could of made this game great by adding quest, missions to keep them current.

To those that think I ranting and raving, just think of all those item I mentioned. All that data wasted on a server, not to mention 90-95% of example: consumable foods. This game use to have 2500-3000 people at any giving time, and 5000 plus on weekends. With all the wasted data now, you think this game would function with that many playing.

Example: you serf the net, see a picture, download it, probably never look at it again, over time, whats all the data going to do to your PC. This is why the game runs like crap.
SE continues to make items that become useless, wasting server space.

Now they want you to pay for all that wasted space.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-07-01 09:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
and next thing you know you'll be able to BUY an iLvl 119 Kogarasumaru with AG3 on it
they haven't even had any real gameplay-related stuff in 14s cash shop, which has been around much longer

think it's pretty unlikely that will happen

edit: lol @ mozhat, you clearly have no idea the scope of storage, your home pc could store everyone's char data easily, it's not a space issue just a cash grab
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-01 09:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta agree with Comeatmebro. Most subscription games might introduce cash-shop but they don't go straight P2W. While I'm expecting we'll see things like premium AH slots and the like, we probably won't be seeing combat-related items available in a cash shop.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-07-01 10:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Same thing I noticed, most people are like "meh whatever".

It's only a super small vocal minority bitching, and they don't even play the game much anymore.

Too much people that don't play lurk around these forums. The hardcores and returning players are the ones still playin and this optional stuff won't drive us away. If people are so upset just quit. I don't complain. After all asura has plenty of people still playing to team up.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-07-01 10:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If people are so upset just quit
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
If they were making this game for their own personal satisfaction then we would have no saying on it. But this is the product they sell to us, so yes we are indeed entitled to complain about such a change of policy and some people will try to force a change through protest, others through boycott - this is how these things work..in the world, in life. There is nothing wrong with standing your ground for something you care about.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-07-01 11:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Mozhat said: »

I pay $360.00 a year all ready and to pay them additional $48.00 per account on top that, no thx.

I'm not happy the way this game has played out. To me all those items, sea, sky, salvage, einherjar, 3 branches of shantotto, and CP gear. All those are just memories, trophies, either put on a dam slip, tossed, wasting space.
All those items could of made this game great by adding quest, missions to keep them current.

To those that think I ranting and raving, just think of all those item I mentioned. All that data wasted on a server, not to mention 90-95% of example: consumable foods. This game use to have 2500-3000 people at any giving time, and 5000 plus on weekends. With all the wasted data now, you think this game would function with that many playing.

Example: you serf the net, see a picture, download it, probably never look at it again, over time, whats all the data going to do to your PC. This is why the game runs like crap.

Sorry, run me through the math on how ffxi is costing you $360 a year? Are you really including the cost of wifi or something?

Jeez people, it's $4 a month. And it's optional. Either don't get it, or find a way to put the egregious, overpriced $4 a month into your budget.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-07-01 11:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Vocal Majority: I don't like it, gives a ton of reasons why this is a bad idea...

Vocal Minority: You must be:

Poor

Stupid

Aren't subed

please stop complaining. the money is gonna go back to FFXI... (I have no proof of this even tho SE said they will not make any new content)

lol
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2016-07-01 11:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing that bothers me about this is that they waited until after they already announced the stoppage of major content updates.

It just seems kinda weird to charge so much for extra slots in a mostly-done game.
By fillerbunny9 2016-07-01 11:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
Sylph.Mozhat said: »

Sorry, run me through the math on how ffxi is costing you $360 a year? Are you really including the cost of wifi or something?

Jeez people, it's $4 a month. And it's optional. Either don't get it, or find a way to put the egregious, overpriced $4 a month into your budget.

they're running two accounts with multiple mules to get the cost that high. ($30 a month)
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-07-01 11:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If people are so upset just quit
If they were making this game for their own personal satisfaction then we would have no saying on it. But this is the product they sell to us, so yes we are indeed entitled to complain about such a change of policy and some people will try to force a change through protest, others through boycott - this is how these things work..in the world, in life. There is nothing wrong with standing your ground for something you care about.

If people care about this game play and use the optional fee storage or not. If don't care don't play. Am I missing your point?

Too many people complain about their jobs when they can try and find another job. But then some people can't find a better job but still complains.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-01 11:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

if you don't play, stop complaining
Not everyone who is currently not subbed has quit for good. Again, your opinion is not the only one that matters, stop trying to censor those who disagree with you.
I'm not trying to censor you. My comment was directed to the lurkers who quit for good and just come here to bash the game.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-07-01 11:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

How has this thread not been locked yet lol
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-07-01 11:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »

Konvict u gonna pay extra storage for all 4 chars? Lol ;)
 Lakshmi.Minivict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Minivict 2016-07-01 11:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »

Konvict u gonna pay extra storage for all 4 chars? Lol ;)
Haha. I already give those bums enough of my money as it is. And I unfortunately have 6 characters. Nope don't need the space not worth an extra 288 dollars.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 17 18 19