Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 Announced With A Fee.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
Mog Wardrobe 3 & 4 announced with a fee.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19
By Selindrile 2016-07-03 09:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »
they decided you have to pay dollahz this time. Nothing to get upset about. Move on.

I'm upset by this new form of monetization, I decided to post about it, nothing for you to get upset about. Move on.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-03 09:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Gil/Items is not money in your equalation? Time effort for quest as well as paying mats cost is not money?

Dude, what is money for you then? Just when someone opens a cashshop? OR when ppl charge you to pay AH tax - or town bazaar tax?

Every hour you spend here is worth money imo. Regardless what you do or purchase ingame.

Selindrile said: »
they decided you have to pay dollahz this time. Nothing to get upset about. Move on.

I'm upset by this new form of monetization, I decided to post about it, nothing for you to get upset about. Move on.

Just like your opionion man, nothing for me to get upset at. Wrote here same reason as you did just in another direction.

Edit: 4 bucks converted into gil doesnt even unlock you goblin bag 1-4 at low times when no one cares to put items on AH - i seen mats up on AH for 100k to get goblin quests done and new ppl joining the game would buy them for that price.
Lets not call em stupid, lets call em unexperienced. So you looking at a nice amount of gil to unlock that quests. Then you farm Imperial Standings for your Mog Locker also, this can also be seen as a money invest - i can either do Imperial Standing for my Locker or i buy them off AH for an unfair amount of gil or i just pay 4 bucks and have not to worry about all that junk every again, if i was a new player from millenium generation raised by FB games, i would gladly take option 2 prolly. Because it saves time, and saved time is money.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-03 10:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Exceptionally wonderful job not answering the question at all Azriel.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-03 10:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you :)
By volkom 2016-07-03 10:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I got fully loaded account. (16 characters) having both wardrobes sounds nice~ 2560 extra inventory spaces for my stuff and junk. definitely getting the wardrobe extension
By Azurea 2016-07-03 11:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
I got fully loaded account. (16 characters) having both wardrobes sounds nice~ 2560 extra inventory spaces for my stuff and junk. definitely getting the wardrobe extension

Damn. All of them with full gobbie bag quests + all forms of storage? I can understand if you have a mule for each craft, but what in the world are you using all that space for (other than login campaigns and gobbie dials)?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-03 11:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Because its an offer for those who need and want it.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-03 12:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
In all seriousness, however. If SE needs to raise the price by $4.00, then why not just raise the basic subscription fee to $17.00 and be done with it? Since this is basically what'll be going on anyway.
About the only saving grace is you pay the $4.00 once a month and then you have Wardrobes 3 and 4 accessible across all your characters.
If they raised the price to everyone and gave the wardrobes as a thank you gift, almost all the same people would be upset saying SE should have made the wardrobes optional because not everyone needs them. Haters gonna hate.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-03 12:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
If they raised the price to everyone and gave the wardrobes as a thank you gift, almost all the same people would be upset saying SE should have made the wardrobes optional because not everyone needs them. Haters gonna hate.
+1
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-07-03 13:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be a rip-off which is worse than a cash grab. You aren't making any sense.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-03 15:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
In all seriousness, however. If SE needs to raise the price by $4.00, then why not just raise the basic subscription fee to $17.00 and be done with it? Since this is basically what'll be going on anyway.
About the only saving grace is you pay the $4.00 once a month and then you have Wardrobes 3 and 4 accessible across all your characters.

It's like the scene off Serenity

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-_uGE2bbubhun7/serenity_2005_going_to_rescue_inara_part_2/

No matter what happens they would complain.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mayulaa
By Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh 2016-07-03 16:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

19 pages of complaining comments ? About an optional additionnal fee ?
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-03 16:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to the AH.com TOP POSTERS world :D

They all sooooo MEEEETAAAAA and above you.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-03 16:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm beginning to notice a correlation between maturity of individuals and their willingness to bend over for SE. So far it seems the less likely they are to form a cohesive and reasonable argument (and the more likely they are to hurl insults or play the real life card within their first post) is directly linked to their likeliness to do anything SE tells them to.

It's pretty magical.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-03 16:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

That would be a rip-off which is worse than a cash grab. You aren't making any sense.
Thanks for proving my point.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-03 17:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I'm beginning to notice a correlation between maturity of individuals and their willingness to bend over for SE. So far it seems the less likely they are to form a cohesive and reasonable argument (and the more likely they are to hurl insults or play the real life card within their first post) is directly linked to their likeliness to do anything SE tells them to.

It's pretty magical.
The first people to throw insults were the people against the wardrobes claiming that anyone willing to pay is stupid. And your post was more of the same.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-03 17:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

On the contrary, it was a pretty civil discourse up until the 2nd or 3rd page when pro-cash shop advocates began insulting people for canceling their subs or speaking out against having to pay monthly for the wardrobes. After that every 1-3 pages another one of your ilk came out of the woodwork with some claim about people's lives or saying something directly insulting (peppered with strawmans and obvious lack of reading any of the thread before posting their "opinions".)
[+]
By Afania 2016-07-03 17:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
Dear SE,

I'm really hoping that the implimentation of this fee-based Mog Wardrobe 3/4 system creates massive waves of quitting and unrest. Because people who *** at this simple issue of a 2-4 dollar optional fee are also more bitchy/psycho ingame and irl well.. This community and this world doesn't need them. Thank you SE for annihilating and tormenting all of these people for me...

Yours Truly,
- Syto

Idk who is more bitchy/psycho in game and irl... one voices disagreement about cash shop in a MMO with higher monthly fee than majority of newer titles, or someone pop in a thread, offering nothing constructive except "this world doesn't need them! Torment them!! Annihilate them!!!"

The words you used reminded me some world war era psycho in my highschool history textbook lol.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-03 17:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Can allways quit the game if you don't like it or use the /block function on AH.com :D

Counts for everyone, Doomstalker and Whiteknights ;)

Instead the same old guys come here over and over again and reasonable argue over, if X or Y or Z is happening and what if they do A or B?! (X Y Z stands for ideas those ppl came up with, asumptions, nightmares, posttraumatical stress, Vietnam Syndrom idk)

In the end its 90% CDEFG and all the worked up ppl vanish for a week again or longer from real FF 11 boards, hide in P&R or play animegirl in RT, just to come back on the next patch to spread their oh so valuable opinion on here-again this goes on forever and barely anything happens to prevent that. IF someone dares to argue, youll get put down or called /White Knight/, get used to it or use the /block function.

End of day, you pay for a license to borrow a character you can play as long as you pay the rent and dont break SE rules/or get cought doing so.

You agreed to that when you started playing. Like it or not.

Use ur right for free speech on AH.com all you want and go emo over the fact the official forums won't tolerate any of this BS FREE SPEECH (in their eyes prolly its BS) and please explain ppl the 1000th time how SE is *** them good, try even harder to make ppl quit after you saw them join AH.com in the last 3 years and continue to tell them, THE GEAM IS DAED - why you join dead game?!

All you provoke doing so is this:

Asura.Syto said: »
Dear SE,

I'm really hoping that the implimentation of this fee-based Mog Wardrobe 3/4 system creates massive waves of quitting and unrest. Because people who *** at this simple issue of a 2-4 dollar optional fee are also more bitchy/psycho ingame and irl well.. This community and this world doesn't need them. Thank you SE for annihilating and tormenting all of these people for me...

Yours Truly,
- Syto
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-03 17:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

IF someone dares to argue, youll get put down or called /White Knight/, get used to it or use the /block function.
[/quote]

The rest of your rhetoric and baseless accusations aside, personally I'll only ever call someone a white knight/zealot if they're aggressively defending the game against criticism. You can't deny that there was none of that in this thread, several individuals (including yourself) have displayed aggression and contempt toward anyone displaying distaste toward additional microtransactions, fees, and non-cosmetic buyable boosts for XI. This is a perfectly reasonable application of the term "White Knight", whether you like it or not.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-03 17:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
On the contrary, it was a pretty civil discourse up until the 2nd or 3rd page when pro-cash shop advocates began insulting people for canceling their subs or speaking out against having to pay monthly for the wardrobes. After that every 1-3 pages another one of your ilk came out of the woodwork with some claim about people's lives or saying something directly insulting (peppered with strawmans and obvious lack of reading any of the thread before posting their "opinions".)
Read all my posts. I never insulted anyone. My stance is simple: There's no need to panic just yet. So everyone can chill.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-03 17:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, sorry I should've specified: there have been some reasonable people on both sides of the field, but a majority of the people arguing for microtransactions have, unfortunately, been extremely aggressive for no real reason. Case in point: most of this page.

That said a lot of the reason people are upset/pre empetively wary of this is that sitting back and letting it happen is almost sure to have it happen whereas voting with your wallet and voicing your distaste now has at least a chance of mitigating further microtransaction *** in the future.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-03 17:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

How i display aggresion over the internet is not yours to judge mister ;)

I only displayed how i like the idea of more room for my ingame pixels. Unno what you made out of that - Could allways PM me to make sure. Like others did. Reasonable and such.

Rest of my post are either in regards of /why the hassle its just 4 bucks/ and some outtakes from my AH.com experience wich has still nothing to do with me displaying aggresions or not. Its called observations and free speech and opinions to be considered like anyone elses in this thread as well as yours.

You can call me all you want, it#s up to me if i care or not. My /White Knight/ comment was purely to inform clueless ppl here why they are called like that and what it actually means, you explained in detail now also :D Thanks for clearing it up for some.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-07-03 17:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

By all means continue raging at people on the internet, but your "right to free speech" is no greater than mine, and I'm more than willing to call you immature for resorting to the tactics that you have throughout this thread.
[+]
By Afania 2016-07-03 17:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread should have been locked on page 3 tbh.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-03 17:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree to that :D
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-03 17:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
This thread should have been locked on page 3 tbh.
Mm'hmm.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19