Random Politics & Religion #07

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #07
Random Politics & Religion #07
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 59 60 61
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-30 10:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine in 4 years when you will see Kanye and the Kardashians clan up on that stage to win the nomination!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-30 10:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still holding out hope that I somehow get adopted by Trump and then I can use that money to make FFXI great again !
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-30 10:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
If it's to benefit those who died I don't see a problem with it, I can certainly see why some are offended but I don't think there should be anything done to stop it. I do think a background check should be performed before the prize is handed over though.

Well clearly, from the sensible standpoint.

Again, I think it's just free press and a good cause, really.

The only potential embarrassment would be if that gun was won by someone who then committed a crime with it.

It's a gamble.
I'm more into older style guns and revolvers but I'd enter for shits and giggles. If I won, good, if not; I gave to a charity, also good.

Speaking of revolvers, that S&W 629 Stealth Hunter .44 Mag. I want one. >.>
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-30 10:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's to benefit those who died I don't see a problem with it, I can certainly see why some are offended but I don't think there should be anything done to stop it. I do think a background check should be performed before the prize is handed over though.

The only potential embarrassment would be if that gun was won by someone who then committed a crime with it.

It's a gamble.
I'm more into older style guns and revolvers but I'd enter for shits and giggles. If I won, good, if not; I gave to a charity, also good.

I'm all for people having guns but a forum moderator with a gun is a step too far...
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-30 10:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it'd be right to but I'd love to see the look on his face when they say someone else's name.

I don't think it would be the "right" thing to do as, sadly, it is the will of the people.

I do think it's the right thing to do from a moral standpoint. -.-;
Legal vs moral thing kinda, yeah.

I don't care if they nominated Charles Manson in Trump's place. I'd still love to see it.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-30 10:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

It's a gamble.

I'm all for people having guns but a forum moderator with a gun is a step too far...
I don't actually carry a ban hammer, I carry a ban cannon.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-30 10:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a gamble.

They have drawings and raffles on occasion for a Memorial Alumni Fund for my high school for a childhood friend of mine who died in Afghanistan for various types of hunting/sporting/camping gear and I'll enter those. Once it was an AR-15. A few other rifles. I've never won, but ah well. Great cause, really.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-30 10:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Imagine in 4 years when you will see Kanye and the Kardashians clan up on that stage to win the nomination!

*feels his ulcer growing*
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-30 10:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

2020 with global warming and terrorism I don't know if we will make it to 2018 !
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-30 11:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/30/europe/turkey-istanbul-ataturk-airport-attack/index.html

Quote:
Turkish officials have strong evidence that the Istanbul airport attackers came to the country from the ISIS stronghold of Raqqa in Syria and that ISIS leadership was involved in the planning of the attack, a senior Turkish government source told CNN Thursday.
Officials believe the men -- identified by another Turkish official and state media as being from Russia, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan -- entered Turkey about a month ago from Raqqa, bringing along with them the suicide vests and bombs used in the attack, the source said.
They rented an apartment in the Fatih district of Istanbul, where one of the attackers left behind his passport, the Turkish government source told CNN.
The attack -- which left 43 people dead -- was "extremely well planned with ISIS leadership involved," the source said.
While no one has yet claimed responsibility for the airport assault, CNN contributor Michael Weiss, author of "ISIS: Inside the Army of Terror," said the nationalities revealed Thursday buttress the claim of ISIS involvement.

"One of the toughest battalions in ISIS is called the Uzbek battalion," he said. "These were the guys who were essentially on the front lines guarding Falluja, the city they just lost in Iraq."
"Ask anybody inside ISIS or who's fought ISIS. People from the former Soviet Union tend to be the most battle-hardened and willing to die," he said.
CNN national security analyst Peter Bergen said the revelation of the Istanbul attackers' nationalities will serve to "open people's eyes to the fact that there's a very substantial Russian, former Soviet Union, presence within ISIS, both in terms of the foot soldiers and the leaders."
Estimates of Russian fighters involved with ISIS range from 2,000 to 7,000, he said.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-30 12:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Newest dog whistle in the fight against racism, brownies.

Quote:

pot-browniesAn elementary school in Collingswood, New Jersey called the police after a nine-year-old children made a “racist” comment about brownies during an end-of-the-year party.

On June 16, a third-grader made a comment about the brownies that had been given to the class as a snack. That comment prompted another third-grader to claim that the first comment was racist. The staff at William P. Tatem Elementary School determined that this rose to the level of a police matter and called the local fuzz.

Stacy dos Santos, the mother of the first boy, claims that his comment was only about the brownies and was not racial in nature. “He said they were talking about brownies… Who exactly did he offend?” she asked The Philadelphia Inquirer.

Dos Santos said that her son– who is Brazilian on his father’s side– was “traumatized” by the police officer’s line of questioning. “He was intimidated, obviously. There was a police officer with a gun in the holster talking to my son, saying, ‘Tell me what you said.’ He didn’t have anybody on his side.”

Im not sure what invokes the biggest "***" response from me. That someone was called racist for speaking about brownies. That the school thought it was a big enough deal to CALL THE COPS. That the COPS ACTUALLY CAME to the school and interrogated the 9 year old. Or that ultimately CPS got involved in the end.

All the people involved that get a paycheck from public funds should lose their jobs over this.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-30 12:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

All I know is I can think of two separate instances where I'd have been arrested in high school if they happened today and I maintain that I did absolutely nothing wrong the one, and only responded inappropriately to an already-wrong situation beyond my control in the other.

People are so afraid of lawsuits and the like and I'm really not sure there's political correctness to blame for that as much a justice system that allows for far, far too many frivolous lawsuits.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-30 12:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

All I know is I can think of two separate instances where I'd have been arrested in high school if they happened today and I maintain that I did absolutely nothing wrong the one, and only responded inappropriately to an already-wrong situation beyond my control in the other.

People are so afraid of lawsuits and the like and I'm really not sure there's political correctness to blame for that as much a justice system that allows for far, far too many frivolous lawsuits.

That's an interesting notion.

Which came first? Frivolous lawsuits or PC culture?
By Ramyrez 2016-06-30 12:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Which came first? Frivolous lawsuits or PC culture?

They certainly feed each other. Literally, almost.
By Jetackuu 2016-06-30 13:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Read that earlier, found it more interesting that they call the cops all the time up there instead of dealing with the situations.

*** NJ.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-30 13:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No win no fee lawyers aren't helping the cause either. People will sue over anything because it don't matter if they lose the case.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-30 13:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
No win no fee lawyers aren't helping the cause either. People will sue over anything because it don't matter if they lose the case.

You don't know the half of it.

Or maybe you do, ***, I don't know what you do for a living.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-30 13:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Though admittedly, that's "limited" to largely disability/malpractice/personal injury because no-win-no-fee lawyers are pretty dependent upon the subject of said suits having the money to pony up.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-30 13:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate the fact a criminal can sue me if he gets injured while robbing my house. The idea that he was in my house illegally to begin with is apparently a non-issue these days.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-30 14:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
You can sue anyone for anything, it doesn't mean you are going to win.

But the very act is a potentially very expensive inconvenience that in and of itself can *** up someone's life miserably.

That's why the Church of Scientology and Mr. Trump rely so heavily upon it. They may or may not have a leg to stand on, but they'll pester you with shameless insubstantial lawsuits until you're not a problem for them because they can afford to do so without breaking a sweat.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-30 14:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No, shooting a burglar running over property theft is not legal.

Running, no, but if they're still in your house I can't think of many juries that would (or should) convict you.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-30 14:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate the fact a criminal can sue me if he gets injured while robbing my house. The idea that he was in my house illegally to begin with is apparently a non-issue these days.

You can sue anyone for anything, it doesn't mean you are going to win. No, shooting a burglar running over property theft is not legal.
Yeah, and that's the point. A case like this shouldn't even make it to court. It should be a case of, well you were there illegally so you don't have a leg to stand on.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-30 14:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump is the king of frivolous law suits lol...
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-06-30 14:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Running, no, but if they're still in your house I can't think of many juries that would (or should) convict you.
I never actually anything about shooting them, there are many ways a burgler can get injured while in the act of committing a crime. One story a read awhile ago, the family dog attacked a burgler and they were ordered to put it down because it was a danger to society.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-30 14:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You can sue anyone for anything, it doesn't mean you are going to win. No, shooting a burglar running over property theft is not legal.
It still costs money not only to yourself but the tax payers as well... Corporate America gets *** over sometimes by these suits as well because juries are ***...

Imagine this... A man hops over barb wired fences laced with warning signs for trespass and death by electrocution to steel some wire so he can sell it only to die... Now this persons family brings suit against the company and wins a judgement of millions of dollars... It's happened more than a few times no matter how ridiculous it is...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-30 14:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I never actually anything about shooting them, there are many ways a burgler can get injured while in the act of committing a crime. One story a read awhile ago, the family dog attacked a burgler and they were ordered to put it down because it was a danger to society.

I'd have to be in a cell before I let you harm a hair on my dog for injuring someone who is there to hurt his people.

That's an emotional response. Not very logical or reasonable, even. But it's what I feel to be the right one either way.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-30 14:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
He'd probably brag about that fact.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-06-30 14:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but your house wasn't up to code, good thing that the criminal found out your structure was criminal.

I agree its stupid especially when building code issues trump breaking an entry.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-06-30 14:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
He'd probably brag about that fact.

He kinda does but lies about never settling. He settles more often than not.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 ... 59 60 61