Random Politics & Religion #07

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #07
Random Politics & Religion #07
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 59 60 61

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-30 14:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Most of these case are dismissed by judges before going in front of a jury.

But not all of them.

And not without someone having to find a lawyer, go to court, and answer to this idiocy. Even if it's burning a day of your paid time off at work (if you're lucky enough to have it) is an insult.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-30 14:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Asura.Calatilla said: »
I hate the fact a criminal can sue me if he gets injured while robbing my house. The idea that he was in my house illegally to begin with is apparently a non-issue these days.

You can sue anyone for anything, it doesn't mean you are going to win. No, shooting a burglar running over property theft is not legal.
It still costs money not only to yourself but the tax payers as well... Corporate America gets *** over sometimes by these suits as well because juries are ***...

Imagine this... A man hops over barb wired fences laced with warning signs for trespass and death by electrocution to steel some wire so he can sell it only to die... Now this persons family brings suit against the company and wins a judgement of millions of dollars... It's happened more than a few times no matter how ridiculous it is...

Most of these case are dismissed by judges before going in front of a jury.
You'd be wrong on that... More suits are filed on stuff like this than you'd think... Also you can file for msj and the like to attempt to get it dismissed but it doesn't always work... Some get brought to and solved in mediation... Others drop the suit or never follow up...

You seem to be basing your thoughts on this based on what you may view as common sense in the matter but I will tell you that you are very wrong in your assumptions... Cases like these though you don't want them going to jury..
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-06-30 14:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pentagon lifts Trans Military ban effective "Immediately"

Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-30 14:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Good.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-30 14:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
I don't think it'd be right to but I'd love to see the look on his face when they say someone else's name.
I don't think it would be the "right" thing to do as, sadly, it is the will of the people.

I do think it's the right thing to do from a moral standpoint. -.-;
Will of the people??!!?? What do you think this is? A democracy or something?

/walks off stage left muttering....
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-06-30 14:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Little worried about how they're gonna supply a constant stream of meds in combat situations.

War is one of those things you don't want to mess around with.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-30 14:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I don't think it'd be right to but I'd love to see the look on his face when they say someone else's name.
I don't think it would be the "right" thing to do as, sadly, it is the will of the people.

I do think it's the right thing to do from a moral standpoint. -.-;
Will of the people??!!?? What do you think this is? A democracy or something?

/walks off stage left muttering....

Iknowright?
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-06-30 15:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Trans Suicide rate 41%

Let me make it implicitly clear, people have a right to be trans. But lowering the standards for women in the military instead of keeping the standard the same- and now this announcement. I have a trans friend reading it right now who thinks its bullocks, and that if they allow it, it should only be non front-lines positions.

There's a lot on the line to sacrifice for the sake of good PR and equality.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-30 15:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Eradius said: »
Little worried about how they're gonna supply a constant stream of meds in combat situations.

For FTM they can get like, monthly injections. Not sure for MTF.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-06-30 15:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

For FTM they can get like, monthly injections. Not sure for MTF.

Some of this info is relayed from my MtF friend drilling me on the story as I write, but anyway.

Lets not forget T-Gel and Andro-Gel and what FtM treatments do to a heart because of testosterone. Its actually a pretty volatile element. Not sure about testosterone injections, I don't have that resource handy.

MtF Estriodol can in fact be injected for 2 weeks to a month or patched/pilled. Anti-Androgen (AA) has to be an /every day/ thing (to block male testosterone). Common side effects are blood pressure, depression, a wide score of heart problems and increased risks, shortness of breath.

The Estriodol (2-4 week injection) can be eliminated even further via surgery, but that doesn't change the stuff someone would need daily to keep themselves in place, or the side effects from it. Not to forget what happens if the supply of either of these elements does manage to get interrupted.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-30 15:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

T-Gel
I know what you mean, but my mind instantly went to dandruff shampoo.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-06-30 15:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminded me of whatever that gel is in mass effect that lets you bust locks and hack computers.

If we had Omni-Gel maybe it would work for BOTH sexes!
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-06-30 15:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Gun shop to raffle off AR-15 rifle to benefit Orlando shooting victims

suburban gun shop is conducting a raffle to benefit victims of the Orlando shooting massacre — and the prize is an AR-15 rifle.

The semi-automatic weapon that Second Amendment Sports in McHenry plans to give away is similar to the gun used in the June 12 Orlando attack that killed 49 people and wounded dozens more in a gay nightclub.

A McHenry County woman who lost her son in another mass shooting where an AR-15 was used — the 2012 movie theater massacre in Colorado — called the shop's raffle "offensive."

But gun shop owners say their intent was not to offend or to make a political statement but to help the Orlando victims by raffling off one of the shop's most popular products.

Quote:
"We wanted to do something for the loss of lives and injuries that happened to people in Orlando," said Bert Irslinger Jr., who co-owns the shop with his father, Bert Irslinger Sr.

"I understand that there are different opinions out there," said Vic Santi, store marketing director. "We don't look at this as a gun issue. We look at this as a terrorism issue."

Kathleen Larimer said she considers the raffle an inappropriate publicity ploy.

Her son, John Larimer, a 27-year-old U.S. Navy sailor from Crystal Lake, was among the 12 people shot to death at an Aurora, Colo., theater.

"Guns are not toys," she said. "They should be taken seriously. I'm not saying they should be illegal, but raffling off a gun is not taking its killing power seriously."

Colleen Daley, executive director of the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence in Chicago, also called the raffle offensive.

"I'm glad people are trying to raise money," she said. "I just don't think it's the most appropriate way to do that. These guns are weapons of war, meant to kill large numbers of people in a short time, which is what happened in Orlando. I find it very distasteful and offensive."

Some people will be offended. Some people will praise it as a jab at left-wing gun control advocates.

I think it's just brilliant marketing by the gun dealer.
If it's to benefit those who died I don't see a problem with it, I can certainly see why some are offended but I don't think there should be anything done to stop it. I do think a background check should be performed before the prize is handed over though.
Well, when the business in question calls themselves Second Amendment Sports, you know they aren't doing it for the goodwill of the victims.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-30 15:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

U.S. Probes Chinese Ownership of CIA-Linked Insurance Company
Newaweek

The good parts:
Quote:
Federal investigators are taking a close look at the Chinese ownership of an American insurance company that has been selling legal liability insurance to senior CIA, FBI and other intelligence officials and operatives for decades.

The company, Wright USA, was quietly acquired late last year by Fosun Group, a Shanghai-based conglomerate led by Guo Guangchang, a billionaire known as “China’s Warren Buffett” who has high-level Communist Party connections....

The FBI has also launched a criminal probe into whether the company made “unauthorized disclosures of government data to outsiders,” according to a well-placed source, ...

U.S. officials are concerned that the deal gave Chinese spy agencies a pipeline into the names, job titles, addresses and phone numbers of tens of thousands of American intelligence and counterterrorism officials—many working undercover—going back decades....
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-06-30 16:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/30/europe/turkey-istanbul-ataturk-airport-attack/index.html

Quote:
Turkish officials have strong evidence that the Istanbul airport attackers came to the country from the ISIS stronghold of Raqqa in Syria and that ISIS leadership was involved in the planning of the attack, a senior Turkish government source told CNN Thursday.
Officials believe the men -- identified by another Turkish official and state media as being from Russia, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan -- entered Turkey about a month ago from Raqqa, bringing along with them the suicide vests and bombs used in the attack, the source said.
They rented an apartment in the Fatih district of Istanbul, where one of the attackers left behind his passport, the Turkish government source told CNN.
The attack -- which left 43 people dead -- was "extremely well planned with ISIS leadership involved," the source said.
While no one has yet claimed responsibility for the airport assault, CNN contributor Michael Weiss, author of "ISIS: Inside the Army of Terror," said the nationalities revealed Thursday buttress the claim of ISIS involvement.

"One of the toughest battalions in ISIS is called the Uzbek battalion," he said. "These were the guys who were essentially on the front lines guarding Falluja, the city they just lost in Iraq."
"Ask anybody inside ISIS or who's fought ISIS. People from the former Soviet Union tend to be the most battle-hardened and willing to die," he said.
CNN national security analyst Peter Bergen said the revelation of the Istanbul attackers' nationalities will serve to "open people's eyes to the fact that there's a very substantial Russian, former Soviet Union, presence within ISIS, both in terms of the foot soldiers and the leaders."
Estimates of Russian fighters involved with ISIS range from 2,000 to 7,000, he said.

In America, we as a people ignore all terrorist attacks unless we can use it politically to attack the Second Amendment or call Republicans bigots.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-30 16:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/30/europe/turkey-istanbul-ataturk-airport-attack/index.html

Quote:
Turkish officials have strong evidence that the Istanbul airport attackers came to the country from the ISIS stronghold of Raqqa in Syria and that ISIS leadership was involved in the planning of the attack, a senior Turkish government source told CNN Thursday.
Officials believe the men -- identified by another Turkish official and state media as being from Russia, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan -- entered Turkey about a month ago from Raqqa, bringing along with them the suicide vests and bombs used in the attack, the source said.
They rented an apartment in the Fatih district of Istanbul, where one of the attackers left behind his passport, the Turkish government source told CNN.
The attack -- which left 43 people dead -- was "extremely well planned with ISIS leadership involved," the source said.
While no one has yet claimed responsibility for the airport assault, CNN contributor Michael Weiss, author of "ISIS: Inside the Army of Terror," said the nationalities revealed Thursday buttress the claim of ISIS involvement.

"One of the toughest battalions in ISIS is called the Uzbek battalion," he said. "These were the guys who were essentially on the front lines guarding Falluja, the city they just lost in Iraq."
"Ask anybody inside ISIS or who's fought ISIS. People from the former Soviet Union tend to be the most battle-hardened and willing to die," he said.
CNN national security analyst Peter Bergen said the revelation of the Istanbul attackers' nationalities will serve to "open people's eyes to the fact that there's a very substantial Russian, former Soviet Union, presence within ISIS, both in terms of the foot soldiers and the leaders."
Estimates of Russian fighters involved with ISIS range from 2,000 to 7,000, he said.

In America, we as a people ignore all terrorist attacks unless we can use it politically to attack the Second Amendment or call Republicans bigots.
Or it seems to use it to whine and *** about another group of people not affiliated with it in the first place... Your hypocrisy is staggering lol... You act like everyone voices those opinions and that the other side doesn't exploit it as well...
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-06-30 16:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop staggering for a moment and please demonstrate my hypocrisy. Perhaps with something I may have said that contradicts what i just posted?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-30 16:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nonsense. One does not need a terrorist attack to call republicans biggots. Or Democrats for that mater. Or even a cheap excuse.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-06-30 17:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

My god its like someone released the hounds!
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-06-30 18:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hounds make more sense and rational arguments.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-30 18:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop staggering for a moment and please demonstrate my hypocrisy. Perhaps with something I may have said that contradicts what i just posted?

You paint democrats as bad for using terrorist attacks to attack the second amendment while supporting someone who attacks the first amendment constantly
Obama?
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-01 00:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Not just the 2nd amendment but the entire bill of rights the first 10 amendments have come under constant assault with thousands of laws restricting them by BOTH DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS.

To save our rights and Constitution that created out nation we got to get rid 0f political parties.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-01 01:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If you compare a rock that stays motionless to hundreds of millions of Americans as they obliviously have their Constitutional rights restricted and violated by political parties you may be right.

What is needed is a little momentum to make that rock roll and cause a avalanche to shred the corruption of that mountain called Washington DC so that liberty and freedom reign forevermore for the people of the United States of America.
 Siren.Akson
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-07-01 05:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
first 10 amendments have come under constant assault with thousands of laws restricting them by BOTH DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS.

To save our rights and Constitution that created out nation we got to get rid 0f political parties.
So whom do we appoint as Supreme Leader then above all the corrupt Politicians. Jesus, once he returns, from planet Pluto? Im feeling overwhelmed w/ giddiness and excitement from the thought. Cant wait.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-07-01 06:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
first 10 amendments have come under constant assault with thousands of laws restricting them by BOTH DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS.

So whom do we appoint as Supreme Leader then above all the corrupt Politicians. Jesus, once he returns, from planet Pluto? Im feeling overwhelmed w/ giddiness and excitement from the thought. Cant wait.

Not jesus and not Political party organizations and no supreme leader.

What should fill every seat in federal and local government including federal and local and supreme courts are Independent Individuals like You Akson and Me and hundreds of Millions of other US citizens who are not affiliated with any Political party.

Who run for office not based on who has the most money but run on there first and last name and their ideas to make our nation better of course following the Constitution and being held accountable.

That's all, its no dictatorship it's a Constitutional Republic for and by the people, not a two party monarchy quasi oligarchy/plutocracy
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-01 07:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What should fill every seat in federal and local government including federal and local and supreme courts are Independent Individuals like You Akson and Me and hundreds of Millions of other US citizens who are not affiliated with any Political party.
That will never happen.

Even if, for some idiotic reason, Republicans and democrats/liberal parties are disbanded, and all seats in elected government (Congress, President, Governors, State Congresses, and local governments) were filled with people who are not affiliated with any party, political parties will form almost immediately because *shock* a group's voice is a lot louder and more powerful than an individual's voice.

So, basically, you are calling for something to dissolve that will...just form itself immediately after it's dissolved. You are more likely to voluntarily sever both of your arms than you are to get rid of any political party, either naturally or forcefully.

What you are asking for is for chaos. At least with political parties, there is some order to what is considered the "will of the people."

If you want to get rid of corruption in politics, then you will have to limit an individual's power. Only problem is, if you limit it too much, you will make that branch of government practically worthless and a puppet state, with whoever is limiting the power of that branch of government as the puppetmaster and cause a whole lot more corruption than you intended.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 59 60 61