Forum » FFXI » General » 269 skill weapons
269 skill weapons
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-05-25 14:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
This Post is insane so dont take the ***serious its my feelings only Lol. I think a balance like this can work and make the game more competitive.

Well my main worry with the actual stake of the game its not the Legendary weapons, i think a good player always will aim to get a Ultimate weapon.

My Main worry...... I think the Pure DPS Jobs everyday can't put enough distance vs Support Jobs.

This is the only game where a COR, BRD, DNC, RDM good geared can put nearly 90% of a Pure DPS Job

THF vs DNC. DNC its really Close of THF and can help the entire team.
RNG VS COR. Same, even in some cases COR can defeat RNG.
Two Handers VS DNC, BLU, NIN Im Curios to see if two handers can provide more damage than a Mythic DNC or Mythic BLU.
PUP, MNK vs lolBRD, lolRDM. Yeah the situation its grave, Almace RDM or Mythic BRD can probably out damage this jobs.

The balance in the game its pretty terrible. In what UNIVERSE a support class can do equal damage a Pure DPS Class?

Hypothetic DPS

DRK, WAR, SAM, DRG, MNK, BLM, RNG - 2000 DPS. Heavy Pure DPS Jobs.
BST, PUP, THF, NIN - 1700 DPS. Light pure DPS
COR, RDM, BRD, DNC, GEO, SCH, SMN, BLU, PLD, RUN - 1600 pure DPS mode.
COR, RDM, BRD, DNC, GEO, SCH, SMN, BLU - 1250 DPS. Support Job mode.
PLD, RUN - 1250. Tank Jobs.

If COR, DNC, BLU, SMN, SCH, GEO, BRD, RDM Block their Support abilities, they can go as High 1600 DPS.

If COR go DPS mode all his rolls are Self. -15% Penalty on the potency
If BRD go DPS mode all his Songs are removed Self. -15% Penalty on the potency 2 songs max
If SMN go DPS mode BL support abilities are Self. -15% Penalty on the potency
If SCH go DPS Mode he must go /BLM and Light arts its blocked.
If DNC go DPs Mode his sambas, Walts are Self. -15% Penalty on the potency
If GEO go DPS Mode his buffs can be used for itself only. -15% Penalty on the potency
If RDM go DPS mode Buffs, Debuffs, Healing, Refresh are Selfonly -15% penalty
IF BLU go DPS Mode support Spells are Self. -15% Penalty in the potency
IF PLD/RUN go DPS Mode, they can't use defensive abilities, Shields. PLD must DW or Two hand.

Scratching my head at some of these and once again I'm glad you aren't a dev as those nerf are stupid. The whole reason behind sch is to be able to go in and out of the arts as they please restricting that would go against the lore of the job. SMN is a dps anyway they always have been and always will be they just have some support abilities mixed. DNC already gets stances that locks waltz or samba so no point in that and again it's a dps class that has some support. RDM is the same as sch it goes against the lore of the job to limit them to this or that they can heal perfectly fine though not as much utility as whm and they can nuke but not as hard as a blm. Why isn't whm on there since they can put out some decent damage when dual wielding. If a drk is on dps mode they cant use any spells? Or a nin in dps cant use shadows or enfeeble? Or a sam can't use seigan/third eye? Or a drg can't use high/super jump and can use healing breath JA? Or a mnk can't use counterstance or formless strikes?

Let's get another thing straight blu is a dps it can change its spells and traits to do a lot of other things but mainly its one at a time to do it properly. Just because a job has utility doesn't mean it's a support job. The only spells for blu to use to buff other people is diamondhide the rest you have to diffusion to other players once every 10mins. The most these spells last is generally 5mins.

Saying a pup can out dps a blu is silly it really just shows you are pulling those numbers out of your arse. Also shows when you say tanks can do as much damage as a blu smn cor or dnc. Funny how not once you have you tried to say pup is a support job as that has many different things it can do. It can tank 135+ content with no support and no healer, it can be a healer it can be a ranged dps and the can sorta buff others though mainly that's haste.

A well geared cor can put out a lot of damage but a well geared none idiot main dps job can put out a lot more.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-05-25 14:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Should change title to BLU > everything then the topic would make sense.

I think SE should get rid of all jobs but BLU. So the game will truly be balance.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-05-25 15:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
Sure, most of the time you maximize DPS on whatever easy content you're doing. Are you going to tell your DD "no, you're not allowed to bring your non-RME MNK to this Belphegor clear this one time, you must be on AG BLU for everything"? Failed to address the sole point I was making. I guess you think each player should only play as the one DD they have that does the max damage, and nothing else. Oh well.

No one is failing to address your point, the issue is that you are trying to use personal circumstances in a discussion to support your argument. Then start drama with whoever tries to leave personal circumstances out in the discussion.

The main point of this has been made on page 2 by more than 1 person, which is none AG DD would be behind and harder to get a DD spot.

Of course you may still ended up getting invite on none AG DD or even sparks DD because you have friends, or because you are leaders girlfriend, or because you always bring good luck to drops, or whatever reasons you have.

But those are personal circumstances that it varies depends on individual. When there's a discussion about who gets invite who doesn't with a tons of stranger on the forums, about a situation that you may pt with strangers, it's not possible to include every single personal circumstances in the discussion. Otherwise we won't get a conclusion because every players are different.

I can sit here generating 100 reasons to invite a none AG DD as a leader, doesn't change the fact that the next pt lead he encounter may tell him to change job, because my reasons to invite a none AG DD may not be appealing to another pt lead. The only reason to invite A DD over B thats universally appealing to most if not all pt lead is the reason that leaves personal circumstances out, which is the ability to do more damage.

If you leave the friend/girlfriend/good karma/good luck on drops/playing skills or whatever personal reasons that you have that get you a DD spot out, the only conclusion for this DD spot discussion is skill 269 gets invite over skill 242 DDs because they do a whole lot more damage.

Like that "what job is sought after" discussion, the main(and the most important point) has been made on 1st page, then it somehow attracted one million AH trolls that just want to throw a few comments that's partially related to the topic and start drama about it. While the main point of discussion should be done on 1st page already.

I meant, you already recognized that when we said "DD needs AG to compete" we didn't mean you need AG to win pages ago, why are you still here generating as many excuses to invite other DD as possible, including something like "but, but I want to play my none REM MNK instead!"

If you want to play none AG MNK over AG BLU with friends, nobody is gonna stop you. But you can't use this as a reason to convince people that don't know you to invite a none AG MNK over AG BLU.

Let's get this straight. I'm starting drama when you take my post, which wasn't even in response to you, and then type up a wonderful multiple paragraph essay on it?

Anyways, I completely agree with your point that a non-AG DD would be behind and thus it will be harder to get a DD spot. I don't think anyone disagreed with that. By all means, AG weapons are worth making, if you have the time necessary to farm up the gil. Now, can we end this argument or would you like to type up another long essay of arguments?
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
Server: Asura
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-05-25 15:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy flying ****-a-saurus, why is this thread still going?

It isn't a debate, the 269 weapons are not an absolute necessity in current content, but it will bump you up on both your own parse as well as competing for that dd slot against a sever of blus using tang or coloda.

Either spend the time making one or don't, it is up to you, play your job right and gear accordingly you will still be able to dd without 269. Far as I understand 269 was only created to put r/e/m/a on top instead of having high drop rate augment weapons crushing them. It was a bridge gap.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-05-25 15:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thorva said: »

It isn't a debate, the 269 weapons are not an absolute necessity in current content, but it will bump you up on both your own parse as well as competing for that dd slot against a sever of blus using tang or coloda.

Either spend the time making one or don't, it is up to you, play your job right and gear accordingly you will still be able to dd without 269. Far as I understand 269 was only created to put r/e/m/a on top instead of having high drop rate augment weapons crushing them. It was a bridge gap.

Exactly. Some people love to argue though.
[+]
By Afania 2016-05-25 15:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
Asura.Thorva said: »

Exactly. Some people love to argue though.

At least we are on the same page about this statement. Too many people are butthurt over which DD gets invite.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-05-25 15:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
This Post is insane so dont take the ***serious its my feelings only Lol. I think a balance like this can work and make the game more competitive.

Well my main worry with the actual stake of the game its not the Legendary weapons, i think a good player always will aim to get a Ultimate weapon.

My Main worry...... I think the Pure DPS Jobs everyday can't put enough distance vs Support Jobs.

This is the only game where a COR, BRD, DNC, RDM good geared can put nearly 90% of a Pure DPS Job

THF vs DNC. DNC its really Close of THF and can help the entire team.
RNG VS COR. Same, even in some cases COR can defeat RNG.
Two Handers VS DNC, BLU, NIN Im Curios to see if two handers can provide more damage than a Mythic DNC or Mythic BLU.
PUP, MNK vs lolBRD, lolRDM. Yeah the situation its grave, Almace RDM or Mythic BRD can probably out damage this jobs.

The balance in the game its pretty terrible. In what UNIVERSE a support class can do equal damage a Pure DPS Class?

Hypothetic DPS

DRK, WAR, SAM, DRG, MNK, BLM, RNG - 2000 DPS. Heavy Pure DPS Jobs.
BST, PUP, THF, NIN - 1700 DPS. Light pure DPS
COR, RDM, BRD, DNC, GEO, SCH, SMN, BLU, PLD, RUN - 1600 pure DPS mode.
COR, RDM, BRD, DNC, GEO, SCH, SMN, BLU - 1250 DPS. Support Job mode.
PLD, RUN - 1250. Tank Jobs.

If COR, DNC, BLU, SMN, SCH, GEO, BRD, RDM Block their Support abilities, they can go as High 1600 DPS.

If COR go DPS mode all his rolls are Self. -15% Penalty on the potency
If BRD go DPS mode all his Songs are removed Self. -15% Penalty on the potency 2 songs max
If SMN go DPS mode BL support abilities are Self. -15% Penalty on the potency
If SCH go DPS Mode he must go /BLM and Light arts its blocked.
If DNC go DPs Mode his sambas, Walts are Self. -15% Penalty on the potency
If GEO go DPS Mode his buffs can be used for itself only. -15% Penalty on the potency
If RDM go DPS mode Buffs, Debuffs, Healing, Refresh are Selfonly -15% penalty
IF BLU go DPS Mode support Spells are Self. -15% Penalty in the potency
IF PLD/RUN go DPS Mode, they can't use defensive abilities, Shields. PLD must DW or Two hand.

Why are you always saying everyone needs to be nerfed? All your posts are always about how SE needs to make massive changes to the game. If you got your way, the game would not even be ffxi anymore after your updates.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-05-25 16:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-25 18:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »
Am I the only one that can see afania's point? What are you guys arguing about again?

He doesn't have a point.

I've got several AG weapons on DD jobs and I've kicked everything's *** with and without them. This isn't theory-craft it's actual experience doing actual content based on real melee setups. I've done melee setups on all the NM's up to CL135 before AG weapons even existed, and continued to do them before and after I acquired my own, there was not a large difference in effectiveness. I've even had people try to argue with me that they were the reason for the high DPS output I had so I secretly equipped my regular weapons and then after we crushed it, notified everyone I had switched prior.

So when I say they are not required nor ever will be, I'm talking from experience. The situations where you would actually need those weapons would be CL145+ which is simply not feasible to do melee with due to the NM's ridiculously high offensive stats. Maju is a prime example, you can do a melee setup but it's more a challenge thing as SC MB is just that much more effective on that level content.

AG weapons is just like HQ abjurations, nice to have but there are so many viable alternatives that they aren't required.
[+]
By Afania 2016-05-25 20:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Am I the only one that can see afania's point? What are you guys arguing about again?

He doesn't have a point.

I've got several AG weapons on DD jobs and I've kicked everything's *** with and without them. This isn't theory-craft it's actual experience doing actual content based on real melee setups. I've done melee setups on all the NM's up to CL135 before AG weapons even existed, and continued to do them before and after I acquired my own, there was not a large difference in effectiveness. I've even had people try to argue with me that they were the reason for the high DPS output I had so I secretly equipped my regular weapons and then after we crushed it, notified everyone I had switched prior.

So when I say they are not required nor ever will be, I'm talking from experience. The situations where you would actually need those weapons would be CL145+ which is simply not feasible to do melee with due to the NM's ridiculously high offensive stats. Maju is a prime example, you can do a melee setup but it's more a challenge thing as SC MB is just that much more effective on that level content.

AG weapons is just like HQ abjurations, nice to have but there are so many viable alternatives that they aren't required.

She*, but whatever.

The fact that you used how you beat a content as an example when I wrote 3 pages of Essay clarifying I didn't say a thing about AG being required to win a content proved that you're the one not reading other peoples opinion and missing the point.

Because if you do read you wouldn't make a mistake about who made the claim about Ragnarok delay.

Why not just admit you skim through peoples post instead.

At this point I just feel like a broken record, keep repeating "I didn't say this" while you continue to think I did.

My point isn't about what weapon you need or don't need for XYZ content. My point is pt or ls lead will more likely to let ppl that wins parse most of the time play DD jobs(unless there are other personal factors involved). And AG weapons, or at least BLU ones, would give DD huge advantage when trying to win the competition.

But hey, this isn't the first time Saevel miss the point on forums, how surprising.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-05-25 21:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

He doesn't have a point.

She*, but whatever.

The fact that you used how you beat a content as an example when I wrote 3 pages of Essay clarifying I didn't say a thing about AG being required to win a content proved that you're the one not reading othet peoples opinion and missing the point.

Because if you do read you wouldn't make a mistake about who made the claim about Ragnarok delay.

Why not just admit you skim through peoples post instead.

At this point I just feel like a broken record, keep repeating "I didn't say this" while you continue to think I did.

My point isn't about what weapon you need or don't need for XYZ content. My point is pt or ls lead will more likely to let ppl that wins parse most of the time play DD jobs(unless there are other personal factors involved). And AG weapons, or at least BLU ones, would give DD huge advantage when trying to win the competition.

But hey, this isn't the first time Saevel miss the point on forums, how surprising.

[+]
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-05-25 21:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

He made an argument out of nothing, nobody said rag delay was bad. I pointed out Rag delay was better than a 504 delay since you can 4hit+ws.
By fonewear 2016-05-25 21:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You need an AG RME just to post in this thread though !
[+]