Random Politics & Religion #05

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #05
Random Politics & Religion #05
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 38 39 40
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-20 18:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
The ACA was brought up, proposed, etc. by Bush, Obama brought it back up and Congress went back and forth, demanding changes to the plan until it was heavily altered in a way that they could *** about it for years.

Obama championed the final version, forcing it through Congress with zero Republican votes. Do not even for a second pretend that this is somehow George Bush's fault.
It isn't, it's Congress's fault. Once you spend so much time pushing for something that both sides have come to many compromises throughout the process, simply ending it after an agreement has been reached and a compromise has been made is unfair. It's like when a kid picks up his toys and goes home because the other kids don't want to play the games he wants to play with said toys, it's shitty. He didn't have a choice at that point, he was damned if he did, damned if he didn't.

"Compromise"? What compromise? Not a single Republican voted for the final draft. That doesn't fit any definition of "compromise". Democrats decided it was good enough to push through and they did it. They clearly didn't need any Republican help to pass it, so if they wanted to make it better they could have. I'm more than willing to do blame-sharing for a lot of our government's mistakes, but this is not one of them.

The "compromises" people are thinking about are those made from Democrats to other Democrats to buy their votes. There were several provisions, addons and exceptions thrown in near the end to ensure they had every Democrat vote in order to get it passed during the very narrow window they had a super majority.

Now some of the original language was bipartisan as a result of the original committee having both Republicans and Democrats but as that process broke down and both sides positions became irreconcilable the Democrats just added whatever they wanted.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-05-20 19:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
Of course, I haven't voted in a Presidential election in a long time, thanks to living places where the electoral college was already decided.
Same here on voting. I still dunno how our Governor keeps getting reelected.....
Look at those italicized bits again. There is a correlation.

If you care about any issues at all you have to vote. Yeah, the boring down ticket and off year stuff too. Because they all start somewhere, sometimes as low as the school board level.

And worse than that you have got to at least try to be an educated voter.

Our not voting defines us more than our voting. Interesting statistic; of the eligible electorate, and this does include the eligible but unregistered, only %18 voted for Ronald Reagan in the "Reagan landslide".
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-05-20 19:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
If random p n r had a official vehicle it would look like this:

Nonsense. Only the left side would look like that.

The right side would start with a tasteful NRA life member sticker in the corner of the rear window and devolve from there.

I am sure you can find a car for the right half Fone.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-20 19:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Of course, I haven't voted in a Presidential election in a long time, thanks to living places where the electoral college was already decided.
Same here on voting. I still dunno how our Governor keeps getting reelected.....

If you care about any issues at all you have to vote. Yeah, the boring down ticket and off year stuff too. Because they all start somewhere, sometimes as low as the school board level.

Our not voting defines us more than our voting. Interesting statistic; of the eligible electorate, and this does include the eligible but unregistered, only %18 voted for Ronald Reagan in the "Reagan landslide".
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-20 19:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The right side would start with a tasteful NRA life member sticker in the corner of the rear window and devolve from there.

What a waste of a perfectly good car.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2016-05-20 19:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I vote in local elections, even ones where my candidate has no chance. I don't vote the Presidential part of the ticket out of principle.

I live in Ohio this year, so I'll absolutely be voting Presidential, and am now accepting bribes for my battleground state vote. Bribe early, bribe often.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-20 19:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cruz Missive said: »

I vote in local elections, even ones where my candidate has no chance. I don't vote the Presidential part of the ticket out of principle.

I live in Ohio this year, so I'll absolutely be voting Presidential, and am now accepting bribes for my battleground state vote. Bribe early, bribe often.
There's a Canadian joke hidden in there somewhere.

Just got to syrup-mine it out of there....
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-20 21:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
KN has always been wrong about how the budget works. Fortunately, this is the perfect year to once again try to tell him how he is wrong. Fiscal budget for 2009 was supposed to be done in 2008, the last year of Bush's term, it is Bush's budget. It spilled over into 2009 because of politics, and low and behold, its going to happen again this year.
So, by your own admission, FY2009 budget wasn't completed until 2009.

*looks it up*

Yup, not signed until March 11, 2009. I didn't know that Bush was president in 2009. By all accounts, historical and factual, Obama was president in 2009. Even the source said it was signed by Obama in 2009.

So, guess who's responsible for FY2009 budget? Yup, Obama. So, it's Obama who's responsible for FY2009 deficit. Not Bush. Obama.

No, this is not how it works, this is not proof of anything, you have always tried to argue this and it always fails. You didn't prove anything, so don't try to claim you did. Bush doesn't get credit for the 2001 surplus despite him taking office in 2001. He had nothing to do with it. And when Congress spent 2008 passing CRs until Bush left office, its still Bush's deficit. Congress is going to pass a CR this year, and Obama is going to sign it, 2017 is his year, he probably won't sign the budget for 2017, but its still his year. Forever. 2018 will be the first year the next President gets credit for.
By Altimaomega 2016-05-20 21:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, spend all day changing brakes, calipers, and rotors, and I miss the most interesting debate since we left the original RP&R..

- Anyone whose healthcare is directly attributable to the ACA
Somebody hasn't been paying attention...
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-05-20 23:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fiscal years, how do they work? ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-05-21 06:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Polishing up the Obama presidency is sorta like polishing up a turd. No matter how hard people try, he will go down as one of the worst presidents in history.

I mean at least Carter de-regulated home brewing....
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-05-21 06:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

They will never admit was a complete failure he has been and that he is the most ineffective leader that the World has seen in a hundred years. Look at his second term. He has done absolutely nothing besides droning countries in the Middle East. He didn't even attempt any domestic policy or to find common ground in a divided government of a diverse population.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-05-21 08:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-21 08:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What a hilarious comment to wake up to, always good for a laugh Aman.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-05-21 09:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention at least a trees worth of bumper stickers.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-21 09:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

KN has always been wrong about how the budget works. Fortunately, this is the perfect year to once again try to tell him how he is wrong. Fiscal budget for 2009 was supposed to be done in 2008, the last year of Bush's term, it is Bush's budget. It spilled over into 2009 because of politics, and low and behold, its going to happen again this year.

*looks it up*

Yup, not signed until March 11, 2009. I didn't know that Bush was president in 2009. By all accounts, historical and factual, Obama was president in 2009. Even the source said it was signed by Obama in 2009.

So, guess who's responsible for FY2009 budget? Yup, Obama. So, it's Obama who's responsible for FY2009 deficit. Not Bush. Obama.

No, this is not how it works, this is not proof of anything, you have always tried to argue this and it always fails. You didn't prove anything, so don't try to claim you did. Bush doesn't get credit for the 2001 surplus despite him taking office in 2001. He had nothing to do with it. And when Congress spent 2008 passing CRs until Bush left office, its still Bush's deficit. Congress is going to pass a CR this year, and Obama is going to sign it, 2017 is his year, he probably won't sign the budget for 2017, but its still his year. Forever. 2018 will be the first year the next President gets credit for.
Again, how it's supposed to work and how it did are two different things.

If Bush signed the FY2009 budget that was submitted by the House in 2008, then you would have a point. However, he did not.

Obama had the budget for a while before he signed it. He could have signed it immediately when it was presented to him, but he did not. Why? Because he wanted a few changes made to the budget. The proposed budget submitted by Bush and the final draft signed by Obama are 2 completely different things.

Stop deflecting blame away from Obama. This is his budget he drafted from Bush's budget. Get over it, this is reality, this is what happened in 2009. The budget deficit of 2009 is Obama's blame, not Bush's.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-21 09:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention at least a trees worth of bumper stickers.
A tree? No, this isn't even a 2x4 worth of wood used.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-21 11:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumper stickers are disgusting atrocities against good sense and taste. A vulgarity churned up from the mouth of modernity. Defacing your car with political statements is akin to punching a pregnant woman.

Instead I urge you and all my fellow Americans to use your *** turn signals and do not swerve two lanes across because you were too busy drooling at the wheel to know you needed to exit the interstate well ahead of time.

Now if you excuse me, I have a liberal woodie wagon to take into the shop.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-21 13:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The presidents submits a budget request to Congress each February for the coming fiscal year which starts in October.

Bush submitted a budget for FY 2009 in February of 2008.

Then the House and Senate pass budget resolutions.

The House and Senate subcommittees then markup appropriations bills.

Then the House and Senate vote on appropriations bills and reconcile differences.

The President then signs each appropriations bill and the budget becomes law.

Quote:
Asura.Kingnobody said: ยป

If Bush signed the FY2009 budget that was submitted by the House in 2008, then you would have a point. However, he did not.

Obama had the budget for a while before he signed it. He could have signed it immediately when it was presented to him, but he did not. Why? Because he wanted a few changes made to the budget. The proposed budget submitted by Bush and the final draft signed by Obama are 2 completely different things.

Stop deflecting blame away from Obama. This is his budget he drafted from Bush's budget. Get over it, this is reality, this is what happened in 2009. The budget deficit of 2009 is Obama's blame, not Bush's.

You're saying that in the span of just a little over a month Obama affected that FY's budget.

Now that's all *** because Obama wasn't President until January 20th 2009 and signed it in March that year. Argument falls flat. Because you are absolving Congress from the process and placing the blame solely on one individual who simply signed the bills that submitted by the previous president and voted on by the 110th Congress.

It would be really nice if you knew how things really worked instead of pretending like you do.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-05-21 14:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll see your gun and raise you this:

[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-21 14:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Schizm said: »
Jerry Miculek is/was running a giveaway for this gun.
By fonewear 2016-05-21 14:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You are welcome:

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-21 19:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Instead I urge you and all my fellow Americans to use your *** turn signals and do not swerve two lanes across because you were too busy drooling at the wheel to know you needed to exit the interstate well ahead of time.
Sparth for President.

Make America Drive Again!
By fonewear 2016-05-21 19:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

*looks it up*

My counter argument to the budget deficit:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Jetackuu 2016-05-21 21:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Schizm said: »
We're actually a Constitutional Republic, and there's many reasons for that.

I'll see your gun and raise you this:

First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 38 39 40