Random Politics & Religion #05

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #05
Random Politics & Religion #05
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 38 39 40
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-20 12:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Drama Torama said: »
My life is demonstrably better than it was eight years ago.
Good for you.

How about the other 318.9 million people living in the US? Can they say the same thing?

How many can? What percentage?

What about you? Is your life better now?

Such an interesting challenge you have put down. How should Rooks go about answering it?

Maybe he could ramp up new membership for the site and get every man women and child in the US an account then have them take a poll. Seems like a realistic endeavor.
My life is the same as it was in 2008. But let's use individual examples to determine national events...
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-05-20 12:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Where is the liberal parade? Isn't this where they jump on someone successful and tell them they are just lucky, privileged, and didn't build that?

I'm pretty much first in line to declare myself lucky. My success is a combination of circumstances + hard work. Neither one alone would have been sufficient, from where I started.

Good for you.

I know!

How about the other 318.9 million people living in the US? Can they say the same thing?

Eight years is a long time. There's a sizable contingent of people whose standing will have been both up and down. But we can use demographics to narrow down some vectors of people who are probably sitting prettier than they were.

People who probably have it better:

- Anyone who shorted Blockbuster stock
- Anyone whose healthcare is directly attributable to the ACA
- Anyone falling into the LGBTQ segment of the population
- Almost anyone in a technical field
- Donald Trump

Other than the ACA, most of that has nothing to do with Obama, because surprise surprise, the President's power is mostly focused outward - the military, etc. Congress is who really pulls the strings of day to day life.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-20 12:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You should probably read your wiki article since it doesn't disprove their point or yours.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-20 12:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

But let's use individual examples to determine national events...

Let's say hyperbolic things because they're totally constructive and not patronizing.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-05-20 12:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Ramyrez said: »
We know it doesn't work right and if you vote for us will just kick it down the line for another 8 years while making it worse!

Yes but again I say, when the change is demonstrably worse, changing for the sake of change is more foolish still.
Then why did people vote for Obama?

It was obvious that his brand of change is demonstrably worse. And yet, he was voted into office.

You can't use that excuse on Trump. He is an unknown factor because he hasn't produced any feasible plans for running the government, yet.

People voted for Obama because his ideas were no where near being "demonstrably worse." Get out of Iraq, end the tax cuts, don't vote for the guy that wants to keep us in war, it wasn't a hard concept.

How'd that work out? President Obama is the longest wartime President now in US history. And he is slowly getting us back into Iraq because he was a complete fool pulling all the Troops out when and how he did. Obama is the father of ISIS. The man woke up one day and decided to overthrow the government of Libya. He has been fighting a Civil War in Syria for three years. Hundreds of thousands of people are now dead because of Barack Obama.

Are the wealthy paying their fair share yet?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-20 12:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Obama is the father of ISIS
Educate yourself or stay silent.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-20 12:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama is the father of ISIS.

Geb was Isis' father. Duh.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-05-20 12:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey since ya know, some of you guys are -probably- nerds, check this out!

https://twitter.com/DungeonsDonald
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-20 12:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
Where is the liberal parade? Isn't this where they jump on someone successful and tell them they are just lucky, privileged, and didn't build that?

I'm pretty much first in line to declare myself lucky. My success is a combination of circumstances + hard work. Neither one alone would have been sufficient, from where I started.

Good for you.

I know!

Eight years is a long time. There's a sizable contingent of people whose standing will have been both up and down. But we can use demographics to narrow down some vectors of people who are probably sitting prettier than they were.

People who probably have it better:

- Anyone who shorted Blockbuster stock
- Anyone whose healthcare is directly attributable to the ACA
- Anyone falling into the LGBTQ segment of the population
- Almost anyone in a technical field
- Donald Trump

Other than the ACA, most of that has nothing to do with Obama, because surprise surprise, the President's power is mostly focused outward - the military, etc. Congress is who really pulls the strings of day to day life.
The argument was that things were stated to be worse off prior to Obama's election, using what they said (worse off economy, high unemployment, more racism, etc.) as evidence.

Certain people (those who like to distort arguments or create arguments on their own) believe that an individual's situation is the same as a national standing.

Besides, I don't think anyone who's forced into buying a product they didn't want is in a better standing than before. Especially those people who aren't fully subsidized by the federal government.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-20 12:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You should probably read your wiki article since it doesn't disprove their point or yours.
You should read it for yourself. Maybe then, you might know what you are talking about.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-20 12:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Obama is the father of ISIS.

Geb was Isis' father. Duh.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-05-20 12:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Obama is the father of ISIS
Educate yourself or stay silent.

My post was all fact. Your post was a useless insult. Don't let the facts get you angry. Don't live in denial. Accept the mistakes you made by believing in Barack Obama and correct course. It feels good. It's liberating.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-05-20 12:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
No it hasn't.

Remember, Obama was president in 2009. I know you are going to ignore that fact, like usual.
That figure directly counters your argument.
If you pretend that FY2009 was Bush's signed budget.

I just proved to Vic that it wasn't. You want me to retype it in crayon so you can understand?
All you did was show that you don't know how fiscal years work. TARP and the recovery act were already signed into law by the time Obama signed off on the budget. You don't get to rewrite history, sorry.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-20 12:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

My post was all fact. Your post was a useless insult
Both of these things are wrong. If you don't know why and how IS came to be you need to educate yourself instead of posting random things here hoping they'll stick.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-05-20 13:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
My post was all fact. Your post was a useless insult
Both of these things are wrong. If you don't know why and how IS came to be you need to educate yourself instead of posting random things here hoping they'll stick.

Thanks for saying nothing. Again.

Wanna go for three useless posts in a row? Go!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-20 13:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pot said: »
Kettle said: »
But let's use individual examples to determine national events...

Let's say hyperbolic things because they're totally constructive and not patronizing.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-20 13:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You should read it for yourself. Maybe then, you might know what you are talking about.

I did and I do. You might want to bone up on understanding how federal budget proposals and finalizations work before you attack someone else's.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-20 13:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-20 13:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No it hasn't.

Remember, Obama was president in 2009. I know you are going to ignore that fact, like usual.
That figure directly counters your argument.
If you pretend that FY2009 was Bush's signed budget.

I just proved to Vic that it wasn't. You want me to retype it in crayon so you can understand?
All you did was show that you don't know how fiscal years work. TARP and the recovery act were already signed into law by the time Obama signed off on the budget. You don't get to rewrite history, sorry.
Neither do you.

Good going trying to pass ARRA to Bush though.

But I'm not the one who's trying to pass off FY2009 as Bush's budget, even though Obama signed for it. That's you and Vic who's trying to ignore history.

Or are you going to say that PPACA is Bush's responsibility also? Because that's exactly what you are doing here on FY2009 budget.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-20 13:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I did and I do. You might want to bone up on understanding how federal budget proposals and finalizations work before you attack someone else's.
I do know how they work.

I also know who's responsible for them.

Why are you trying to pass off what Obama signed into law as something Bush did? Is it so you can deflect Obama from what he actually did more?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-05-20 13:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pull out the troops.... Pull out the troops.... Bring our soldiers home! You're a *** idiot for pulling the troops out! Make up your minds people... Seriously...

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-05-20 13:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I do know how they work.

I also know who's responsible for them.

Why are you trying to pass off what Obama signed into law as something Bush did? Is it so you can deflect Obama from what he actually did more?
You're trying to argue the deficit wasn't greatly reduced during Obama's term by wrongly associating FY2009 with his presidency. The incoming president has little control over the final budget of the previous guy.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-20 13:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-20 13:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-20 13:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply