Forum » FFXI » General » log in issues
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2016-04-06 09:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Only 30 or so people here and still unable to enter ambuscade..
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-04-06 09:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

lol it would give me a good chuckle if this maintenance was to push log in event when we cant for the most part log in
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-04-06 11:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Been happening to me a lot since ps2/360 support ended. Last night. I got knocked off, no r0 or red dot, 5 times. Try and log back in and get error messages. All but one was about 15 minutes til I could actually get back in, the last one was roughly 3 hours. A few of my friends I was doing Sky t2s with kept DCing randomly also with the same issue.

I'll take the ps2 limitations if it means I'm not getting knocked off every hour...

Edit: Just realized that there's a new announcement on said issue. That makes me feel a little better, I suppose.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-04-06 13:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

can log in now, but their recovery efforts were supposed to be done 4 hours ago and still getting a 5 min stall on checking mail server for some logins

wonder if they downgraded hardware when they got rid of ps2 support
 Asura.Ashleh
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ashleh 2016-04-06 13:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

You'd figure they'd upgrade after getting rid of Ps2 support.

My main account is able to log in now, but my alt is not.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By ryson 2016-04-06 17:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

SE official website says they fixed it but im still down ... anyone find a work around ?
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-04-06 17:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, im still getting connection errors...

Checked everything on my end and alls good. :\

Quote:
"Due to the loss of revenue from losing all 25 of our PS2 players, we were forced to compromise on our hardware, making the game near impossible to play for some of our players. We apologize for any inconvenience."
By kennyboizhere 2016-04-06 20:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Still can't login.....
By ryson 2016-04-07 07:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet another day still cant get on ... dont want to have to do a reinstall if other people are still having the same issue but SE website seriously says they fixed the problem >.>
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-04-07 07:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously SE forgot to feed the hamster that keeps the power going to the servers.

R.I.P hamster.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-04-10 23:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This back again? Maint's not for 40 minutes and multiple people + myself keep d/cing.
By Draylo 2016-04-10 23:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Same here
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-04-10 23:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely, I've seen like 7-8 people dc in the last 15 minutes
By RolandJ 2016-04-10 23:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile, at SquareEnix Headquarters...
Hiromoto: But Takimoto, can we really pull that line yet?! The maintenance has not yet started!
Takimoto: Hahahaha! Hiromoto, you fool! You never cease to amuse me. Who cares if we pull this line? It only leads to the english players.
--Hiromoto and Takimoto burst out in laughter--
 Valefor.Madranta
Server: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2016-04-10 23:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I just R0ed 3 times in a short period. An LS mate got hit by it too... hope this gets fixed with maintenance too.
By BlaTheTaru 2016-04-10 23:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got the exact same thing. Luckily I was able to get back and finish my AR run for tiz trials. Was going to be pretty bummed if I had to wait another day.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By RolandJ 2016-04-10 23:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

I'm starting to suspect this as well. It's not just dropping PS2 support that has me considering this; it's the fact that they seem to have gone into a 'drop ffxi' phase considering the plans that they released for 'no more major upgrades to ffxi' and also 'we're downsizing the ffxi staff' a few months back. Maybe they want to downsize shop not only in the form of future plans and employees but also in the form of current hardware/server resources being used. :/

That or it's just technical difficulties. Both are rather likely scenarios imo and so I really don't have a solid hunch as to which it is.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-11 00:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

RolandJ said: »
I'm starting to suspect this as well. It's not just dropping PS2 support that has me considering this; it's the fact that they seem to have gone into a 'drop ffxi' phase considering the plans that they released for 'no more major upgrades to ffxi' and also 'we're downsizing the ffxi staff' a few months back

Oh yeah they turned off the FFXI servers last year and this has all been in your imagination.

They aren't "downsizing" the game, they simply won't be creating any new area's, graphics models or game resources. The developers for this game have been shared since FFXIV was being made, there is nobody to downsize or reduce. Work that's done on this game is done as an additional duty by someone who's primary task is on another project.

What most are witnessing is the new login system they implemented and the bugs that go with it. In order to support consoles they had to previously have a bridge solution to authenticate connections from Sony's and Microsoft's console network and then pass those through PlayOnline into FFXI. That solution is gone and they coded around it, obviously that coding had bugs and we are experiencing those bugs. Expect the problems to persist another month or two as they play whack-a-mole with whatever ancient network code FFXI servers use.
By Draylo 2016-04-11 00:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They already created a new song for the mount system, I don't doubt they can continue to create new things.

Also:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50352-Recovery-from-PlayOnline-Login-Issue-%28Apr.-10%29
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-11 00:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
They already created a new song for the mount system, I don't doubt they can continue to create new things.

I think they specifically mentioned graphics resources being the hindrance due to lack of PS2 dev kits and the tools being really old and no longer supported. Kind of a *** reason but I took it as a "making this work would require too much effort on our part so we're just gonna not make new graphics".
By Capsules 2016-04-11 01:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI is getting no more major updates, but that doesn't mean the end to this game. SE still plans to give us Fresh content for FF11, but really its just content taken from FF14 and given a twist, or Old FF11 content and made into a new version, and takes little to no effort to construct except to code it into game. At this point though our 'New Content' is constructed to fast in my opinion and forced into the game to keep up with expectations of current players. Its like SE just said "implement it and we'll keep adjusting it every so often till it becomes what it should be in the first place, least they got the new content now". Take Ambuscades for example. Like SE didn't know 90% or more of the server would be spamming this content, to get the new pieces and on top of that to get all things they wanted from it in a months time before it resets. They were just in a rush to get it implemented to keep people paying to play, and you'll see later they'll add more books in other places, more NPCs to get rewards from in a month or two to get the content actually accessible like it should been in the first place.

Asura.Saevel said: »
They aren't "downsizing" the game, they simply won't be creating any new area's, graphics models or game resources. The developers for this game have been shared since FFXIV was being made, there is nobody to downsize or reduce. Work that's done on this game is done as an additional duty by someone who's primary task is on another project.

This is spot on, and if you've played FF14 awhile, you see a lot of what content comes to FF11 is just a knock off from FF14. Why those developers mainly work on bigger and better things, and FF11 is side project for them. SE still wants that $13/month from us so they have to keep giving us new and exciting things to keep people paying that fee. When the money generated from subscriptions gets close to a certain threshold of not being cost effective for SE to maintain FF11, we will see things such as a server merge again. Also when the monthly fee for this game reduces or if goes straight to ftp that's when you can say SE is doing its 'Drop FFXI' phase.
Till then, I say a few more years worth or more, enjoy the rushed new content with the "fix it later" concept to continue.
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2016-04-11 04:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Urg is it just me or is it mass dc...... kicked me and error message coming up again
 Asura.Deijixfx
user: Deijixfx
By Asura.Deijixfx 2016-04-11 04:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i got booted and cant connect to pol servers.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-04-11 04:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I got the same thing. We just started an Ambuscade and I started R0ing. I reconnected long enough to see three party chat messages about everyone else r0ing. Then I lost connection and have not been able to reconnect.