New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » log in issues
First Page 2 3 4 5
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-06 01:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalf D/Ced while afk in Mhaura and also a couple minutes after zoning on Buburimu Peninsula. POL-0245? Maybe that was the error code.
 Asura.Ashleh
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ashleh 2016-04-06 01:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yzzerdd said: »
Probably you will still get the credit. Was there any server message about a maintinence? I have three alts and none of them can get past the 'connecting to playonline' screen. I was thinking it was area specific but now I'm thinking it could have something to do with connections to the server.

No, nothing more than "we are aware of the issue and we're trying to get it resolved".

http://goo.gl/Y9ssZE
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-04-06 02:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
Skjalf D/Ced while afk in Mhaura and also a couple minutes after zoning on Buburimu Peninsula. POL-0245? Maybe that was the error code.

i was trying to seduce you and your significant other and my *** magic broke the server sorry

yours truly,

Gonomaria disease spreader of odin
 Shiva.Verohawke
Server: Shiva
user: verohawke
By Shiva.Verohawke 2016-04-06 03:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I Dcd in Ambuscade

12 hours later I am still getting Pol 0206 Login error...
By Odinz 2016-04-06 03:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

FML - why haven't i learnt my lesson with SE?!
I schedule 2 days off this week in-line with the update to have some hardcore gaming time and THIS ***HAPPENS!
By Zeak 2016-04-06 03:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw quite a few people go in and never come back out on Shiva, as well. I thought maybe they wiped and HP'd or something, but that might not be the case. I don't exactly know how widespread the issue is, although their most recent update claims it to be an "equipment issue" with no available time-frame for recovery.

I can't log-in myself (Never DC'd, just can't log in after logging out yesterday), though I'm kind of curious if players are still being dropped while they're addressing the issue.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunamae
By Asura.Yunamae 2016-04-06 04:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Urg lol i waited a week for me alt to get ki for divine might, when im awake lol and of course its today and this morning uptill 3pm which sounds like when the main is on till ffs.... urg joy next day il be awake for full moon spring is saturday if im in bloody se i mainly do old content for alt at mo and cant even bloody do that...
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-04-06 04:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tassel said: »
maintenance start in 30 minute.
for 4 hours

Damn, really?
 Odin.Ceas
Server: Odin
user: Ceas
By Odin.Ceas 2016-04-06 04:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Really.

Quote:
PlayOnline Login Technical Difficulties Recovery Efforts (Apr. 6)
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein players may have a difficult time logging into PlayOnline or are disconnected from the server.
In an effort to address this, we will be performing recovery efforts at the following time. During this time, PlayOnline will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for your understanding.

* For those who will participate in Dynamis or Salvage at the time of the maintenance, we ask that you please wait until maintenance is complete before engaging in these activities. Please note that we cannot replace items that are lost during the maintenance process.

[Date & Time]
Apr. 6, 2016 3:00 to 7:00 (PDT)
Apr. 6, 2016 10:00 to 14:00 (GMT)
* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- PlayOnline

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50290-PlayOnline-Login-Technical-Difficulties-Recovery-Efforts-(Apr.-6)
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-04-06 04:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ceas said: »
Really.

Quote:
PlayOnline Login Technical Difficulties Recovery Efforts (Apr. 6)
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein players may have a difficult time logging into PlayOnline or are disconnected from the server.
In an effort to address this, we will be performing recovery efforts at the following time. During this time, PlayOnline will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for your understanding.

* For those who will participate in Dynamis or Salvage at the time of the maintenance, we ask that you please wait until maintenance is complete before engaging in these activities. Please note that we cannot replace items that are lost during the maintenance process.

[Date & Time]
Apr. 6, 2016 3:00 to 7:00 (PDT)
Apr. 6, 2016 10:00 to 14:00 (GMT)
* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- PlayOnline

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50290-PlayOnline-Login-Technical-Difficulties-Recovery-Efforts-(Apr.-6)

Well, poo! No drunken FFXI escapades for me tonight!
By Ruaumoko 2016-04-06 06:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Be hilarious if everyone logged in to find that their accumulated hallmarks for Ambuscade had been reset.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-04-06 07:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So game is down for another 2hrs?
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2016-04-06 07:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow I don't remember when I last saw a 4 hour maintenance... I remember back in the day they use to have like 6+ hours just for a new patch.
By Odinz 2016-04-06 07:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
So game is down for another 2hrs?

1 hour 16 minutes as of now.
Asura.Evildemon said: »
Wow I don't remember when I last saw a 4 hour maintenance... I remember back in the day they use to have like 6+ hours just for a new patch.

You must be new to FFXI. We used to have a minimum of 8 hour maintenance where Leeping Lizzy wasn't popping, and 16-24 hour maintenance when Vrtra would be pulled out of KRT by flee hacking/warping mules to mercilessly MPK RMT.
[+]
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2016-04-06 07:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You must be new to FFXI. We used to have a minimum of 8 hour maintenance where Leeping Lizzy wasn't popping, and 16-24 hour maintenance when Vrtra would be pulled out of KRT by flee hacking/warping mules to mercilessly MPK RMT.[/quote]

New? nope try 2004. I couldn't remember how long they use to be other than they NEVER would end.... I remember saying screw it after a while and going to bed to find out it ended like 30 minutes later.
By Odinz 2016-04-06 07:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You must be new to FFXI. We used to have a minimum of 8 hour maintenance where Leeping Lizzy wasn't popping, and 16-24 hour maintenance when Vrtra would be pulled out of KRT by flee hacking/warping mules to mercilessly MPK RMT.

New? nope try 2004. I couldn't remember how long they use to be other than they NEVER would end.... I remember saying screw it after a while and going to bed to find out it ended like 30 minutes later.[/quote]

Good times.. good times... Servers down meant an early or extra chance at an assjammer.
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2016-04-06 08:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odinz said: »

New? nope try 2004. I couldn't remember how long they use to be other than they NEVER would end.... I remember saying screw it after a while and going to bed to find out it ended like 30 minutes later.

Good times.. good times... Servers down meant an early or extra chance at an assjammer.[/quote]

oh that jammed ***! That was the only good reason for server maintenance back then could get two kills in a day and potential for having two hq kings in a 2 day span if it was timed right.
By Odinz 2016-04-06 08:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The legend of Assjamer - based on a true story.

EDIT:
I would just like to add, that my veteran experience sense is tingling - meaning if you were all hoping for the problems with logging in to be resolved by the time SE's maintenance is scheduled to end, I have this for you:

1. They didn't notice there were log in issues until this morning, more than 24 hours after the problems started

2. They just ended PS2 and XBOX support for the game, no doubt some employee was let loose of his chains of bondage and told to "GO WILD WITH THE CODE, LET YOUR IMAGINATION RUN WILD MY CHILD" - which probably didn't go too well.

3. We could get Maintenance extension

4. Even if we don't get maintenance extended, we might get more problems and they might bring down the servers again.

5.You won't be able to get in, even if servers are fully restored and everything goes fine, because there is going to be a cluster fu_k of people trying to get online for the rest of your waking hours.

Might as well quit ffxi just now.
By Takisan 2016-04-06 08:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade has how many entry points and how many separate parties can do it at one time? 3? does it also share those 3 with legion?
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2016-04-06 08:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeak said: »
I saw quite a few people go in and never come back out on Shiva, as well. I thought maybe they wiped and HP'd or something, but that might not be the case.
Maybe they couldn't log out and now they're stuck in an alternate fantasy world anime. They're making so many of those stories in Japan now that apparently they need to pull in people from FFXI to have enough.

Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2016-04-06 08:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the servers up and running yet? Still can't even connect thru playonline.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-04-06 08:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Playonline Maintenance has now concluded, but you must wait about 13 more minutes or so until you are able to login past POL.
 Bismarck.Herzins
Server: Bismarck
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2016-04-06 08:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I am still having connection timeouts... what's SE doing about this...
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-04-06 08:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Herzins said: »

At this point in time you're probably experiencing congestion due to the thousands of people trying to login at the exact moment the maintenance is completely over.
 Bismarck.Herzins
Server: Bismarck
user: Herzins
By Bismarck.Herzins 2016-04-06 08:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »

At this point in time you're probably experiencing congestion due to the thousands of people trying to login at the exact moment the maintenance is completely over.

Oh, there was maint again? :P sweets! I'll wait a few then. Thanks!
By Zeak 2016-04-06 08:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Elwynbelwyn said: »
Maybe they couldn't log out and now they're stuck in an alternate fantasy world anime. They're making so many of those stories in Japan now that apparently they need to pull in people from FFXI to have enough.

Well, that'd be a horrible fate for all those Ambuscade DCs; they'd be stuck in a tiny room with an iLevel Mission Rank 3 boss for all eternity. Although, come to think of it, all of us are stuck with that scenario for the rest of this month regardless. Meta-jokes aside, they really should've juggled NMs on a weekly basis and not monthly.

Anyway, that just shows FFXI would be a horrible "Trapped in a MMO" trope. The first few episodes/chapters would be dedicated to getting past POL and the rest would be about everyone AFKing in Adoulin. With a 120 minute movie special based around building a REM you never actually use.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-04-06 08:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »

Oh, there was maint again? :P sweets! I'll wait a few then. Thanks!

Yep! :)
I'm not sure what time it started by I know I tried logging in around 2:30AM PST and was unable to get in. Eventually there was a post in the Official Forums that said there would be a Maintenance due to Ambuscade congestion until 7AM PST, 7 minutes from now! :)
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-04-06 08:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Play button is now available. Good luck everyone!