Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Fallout 4
Fallout 4
First Page 2 3 4 ... 21 22 23
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-11-12 08:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
set in Pennsylvania

You don't need a video game to wander the Pennsylvania wasteland, though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-11-12 08:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

*Admittedly wish they had made it set in Pennsylvania if they were going to call it the commonwealth. I know Massachusetts is also a Commonwealth, but being a PA citizen it keeps *** with me.

Might be because they did Pittsburgh in a Fallout3 DLC so they had no interest?
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-11-12 08:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
*Admittedly wish they had made it set in Pennsylvania if they were going to call it the commonwealth. I know Massachusetts is also a Commonwealth, but being a PA citizen it keeps *** with me.

I would actually guess they chose it because it has a bunch of obvious landmarks - same reason DC and Vegas were good choices. "Hey, it's that thing I learned about in history class, only totally *** up now!"
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-12 09:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Yeah, I thought about that. But that DLC was so generic in regard to Pittsburgh landmarks. I mean, the bridges were there going into the city...but that was about it. It was the bridges and then an area vaguely reminiscent of the (approximately) Shadyside area. It was meh.

It wasn't really Pittsburgh as much as this "mood" of what Pittsburgh steel factories (that largely don't exist even now) would be like in post-apocalyptia (to borrow a phrase from our good man Three Dog).

New Vegas had more "authentic Pittsburgh" in it than Broken Steel did because of this:

You don't get more authentic Pittsburgh than the old Igloo.

*wipes away a single tear*

Godspeed, Civic Arena. You are missed.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-11-12 15:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ninjaface said: »
Grumpy Cat said: »
I have the guide but just reading the mechanics sections as I don't want to spoil things.
I haven't tested it out yet, but I have the feeling it will be similar to previous entries where you can have one humanoid and one non humanoid companion. When I picked up the Mr. Handy it sent dogmeat away. So far I've not tried to recruit a humanoid follower. I'll edit this today when I try one.

Edit: the one human companion i have access to is stuck trying to give me a quest. It'll take some time to actually update this answer.

It's definitely 1 only sadly. I posted a huge tinfoil hat post in the steam discussions but it got flooded out by people who think they lost Dogmeat.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-13 08:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm personally loving the "no companion" perk with the +carrying weight and -damage taken.

I like the idea of taking the puppy around with me, but I worry for the safety of anyone who goes with me. You can't trust crazy *** who charge into groups of raiders with just a pistol and a handful of stims to keep you alive, man.
 Asura.Ninjaface
Server: Asura
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-13 08:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
think they lost Dogmeat.
I have NO IDEA where codsworth got off to after i sent him to sanctuary from the gas station.

You can't trust crazy *** who charge into groups of raiders with just a pistol and a handful of stims to keep you alive, man.
That sniper life

Edit: I want to cap job points during this campaign, since I can solo up to like chain 30, but I can't stop playing Fallout in my spare time.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-13 08:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That sniper life

I haven't had time to play long enough to really build myself a quality sniping piece yet. When I do, I'll definitely be living that life too.

But for now it's running into with the 10mm or the boomstick and wreaking havoc on bandits. My 10mm is like twice the size it started as with all the mods so far. From-the-hip accuracy and damage/weight/reload speed.

Edit: I want to cap job points during this campaign, since I can solo up to like chain 30, but I can't stop playing Fallout in my spare time.

I got pissed off at the missions last night because I didn't want to change job and tried to do them on a job I'm in the middle of gearing and was having issues because I'm impatient and borderline HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE (apparently). I'll get those done and hit the JP hard this weekend.

I'll get back to it this weekend. It's going to be Thanksgiving before I really have a chance to dig into 4 good and proper.
 Asura.Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-13 10:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

10mm
I found a legendary 10mm that shoots two projectiles at once. I scrapped the mods off of another high damage 10mm I found and I'm very excited to play around with this new one.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-13 10:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks like the mod community is taking a strong liking to FO4, the engine seems capable of quite a lot.

Bethesda announced the creation kit will appear sometime early in 2016, which would put it about a year ahead of the kit for skyrim.

I'm still debating on whether to pick the game up. I won't really have the time to play until around Christmas, anyway, so I might take advantage of some sales.
[+]
 Asura.Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-13 10:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
I'm still debating on whether to pick the game up.
It's the best Bethesda game, bug wise, that I've played out of the box. It's stable(1 ctd in about 20 hours), and the frame rate is smooth both in and out of combat(on my PC). I'm hungry for a texture pack, though.

I'd say it is definitely worth full price if you wind up having the time. but if you're thinking of waiting you might be able to get it 20% off around Thanksgiving or Christmas. I got it 20% off at GMG with their November coupon code and they sent me a steam key, it was very painless.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-13 10:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still debating on whether to pick the game up.
It's the best Bethesda game, bug wise, that I've played out of the box. It's stable(1 ctd in about 20 hours), and the frame rate is smooth both in and out of combat(on my PC). I'm hungry for a texture pack, though.

I'd say it is definitely worth full price if you wind up having the time. but if you're thinking of waiting you might be able to get it 20% off around Thanksgiving or Christmas. I got it 20% off at GMG with their November coupon code and they sent me a steam key, it was very painless.

The thing is, I built a pretty powerful workhorse PC about 2 years ago that has never once struggled to play any game I've put on it. FFXIV at max settings pins 60FPS without a hiccup. Heavily modded Skyrim with 4k textures and ENB held 120 indefinitely. Only Witcher 3 gave me any resistance, and only because I tend to have multiple VM's running all the time. FO4 seems like the first game since I built it that will actually tax it with graphical mods, and I adore the FO series. I'll keep my eyes out for deals and post any I see.
[+]
 Asura.Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-13 11:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

built a pretty powerful workhorse PC
I have a 980 and my fans don't even come on for this game.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-13 11:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

built a pretty powerful workhorse PC
I have a 980 and my fans don't even come on for this game.

I've got 2 GTX750ti's in SLI, but it's not a gaming rig. It hosts VM's I use for work as well as a virtual media server, hence the 2nd GPU. In any case, if it runs smooth in stock form, I can't wait to see how hard it can be pushed by modders.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2015-11-13 11:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone try this on the Xbox1 or PS4 yet? Can't decide which platform to buy it for.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-13 11:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on PS4 no problems whatsoever.
[+]
 Asura.Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-13 11:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
Xbox1
I heard the xbone has the worse frame rate overall of all the platforms.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-13 12:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

I'm somewhat impressed. I've read little by way of testimonial, but I've heard several people say (paraphrased) "lol good luck to console players" in regard to performance, and classically Playstation has been the big loser in Bethesda titles.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-13 12:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm about 15 hours in, nothing to report, no crashes, couple of items have skipped across the screen for a few seconds, but nothing serious.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2015-11-13 12:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm somewhat impressed. I've read little by way of testimonial, but I've heard several people say (paraphrased) "lol good luck to console players" in regard to performance, and classically Playstation has been the big loser in Bethesda titles.

Maybe that was for PS3 because Bethesda was lazy on optimizing for it. But me and 4 other friends all play on PS4 and haven't had any issues so far. So seems pretty solid.
[+]
By Ackeron 2015-11-13 12:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing says shotgun like luring raiders around a corner to shoot them in the face and Bloody Mess proccing.

Such glorious death.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-13 12:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm about 15 hours in, nothing to report, no crashes, couple of items have skipped across the screen for a few seconds, but nothing serious.

I know my issues in Fallout 3 on PS3 generally arose about ~20 hours in (or immediately after playing the Anchorage DLC).

It just couldn't handle the advanced saves at all.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-13 12:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
Nothing says shotgun like luring raiders around a corner to shoot them in the face and Bloody Mess proccing.

Such glorious death.

Yeah right, nothing beats Mysterious Stranger. Just proc'd for the first time, full life to dead.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-13 13:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So, how is the new perk system? I've heard some pretty varied opinions
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-13 13:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Its fine to me, but tbh, its been so long since I played Fallout 3, I don't remember how it worked in that game, and how it differs in Fallout 4. I do remember not liking how once you hit max level you were done, whereas this time around there is no max level, so you can keep leveling the perks up as you play.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-13 13:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Its fine to me, but tbh, its been so long since I played Fallout 3, I don't remember how it worked in that game, and how it differs in Fallout 4. I do remember not liking how once you hit max level you were done, whereas this time around there is no max level, so you can keep leveling the perks up as you play.

I've seen a few video reviews of it, but I can't seem to nail down exactly how it works.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-13 13:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time you get a level you get a point to spend, you can either spend that point on an attribute or a perk. Each perk is locked behind the attributes by tier, each point in Strength unlocks another Strength perk, but that perk is not automatically unlocked. You have to spend a point on the attribute, then a point on the perk. You don't have to unlock the perks in order. So it essentially takes a minimum of two levels to unlock a perk once you choose your starting set.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-13 13:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds similar to Skyrim.
[+]
By Ackeron 2015-11-13 14:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought Lv50 was max?
 Asura.Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-13 14:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

it's skyrim without skills. everything is perks.

Ackeron said: »
Thought Lv50 was max
I heard no cap.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 21 22 23