Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-22 15:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-22 20:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's...well, again I'm forced to admit to you it's not beyond me, but I'm far too lazy to deal with that.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-22 20:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

***. I totally just basically did the gamer version of "it just works."

*** me. Where's the booze.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-05 07:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Think Proth is probably the only one here who might know this but I figured I'd post here rather than PM just in case, or in case anyone else wants to know too.

But what's the difficulty level of creating radio station mods? It doesn't seem like it should be too difficult compared to textures/graphics integration/etc., but I really have no idea. I just know I was thinking about some of the radio station mods/additions that I like and others that are "ok" but could use an added level of immersion via a DJ/etc.

I know there are a lot of tutorials out there, so I'm not really looking for a how-to as much as a "on a scale of 1-10, as long as you've got a desire to learn and you know RAM from DRM, what's the difficulty level" for creating a working, quality radio mod?
VIP
By Jassik 2016-07-05 09:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The real trouble with creating additional radio stations is just the number of elements involved. You need to add menu items, assets, scripting, etc. I've ported a few armors into Skyrim (armadaberk, ukon), and it was pretty painless besides needing to increase the size of the maps and of course the wireframe work, but it probably took my inexperienced self a good 15 hours total.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-05 09:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
The real trouble with creating additional radio stations is just the number of elements involved. You need to add menu items, assets, scripting, etc. I've ported a few armors into Skyrim (armadaberk, ukon), and it was pretty painless besides needing to increase the size of the maps and of course the wireframe work, but it probably took my inexperienced self a good 15 hours total.

Hmmm. May be more work that I'm prepared to do then.

I was hoping it would be something to the effect of "compile these audio tracks, compress them in this fashion to save as this type, label these files as such, upload."

But it appears that -- for me -- the easiest part would be generating the content. Bah.

I was hoping for a bit of a Fallout lore-friendly way to scratch the creative impulse itch!
By Ramyrez 2016-07-07 07:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So, after being annoyed with a mod that I was sure I could get a better version of via Nexus anyhow, I bit the bullet and made the leap (back to, as I used it for NV a little bit) Nexus and NMM.

Watched some videos, will watch more to get a better idea, but just wondering how folks here approach things like load order (it seems so many mod creators expect their mod to be the one that should load last).

Also having a bit of confusion about some mods (CBBE, Bodyslider, associated mods recommended by those creators) that tend to overwrite each others' files?

I dunno, I only *** about for about 90 minutes last night, didn't break anything, but also didn't get everything working quite ideally yet either. Just wondering if there are any simple, obvious tips anyone has to share.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23